• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

I feel like this is a very questionable perspective on Thea in this episode. Her decision to rip herself away from the simulation only looks noble when you ignore the fact that she was extremely selfish moments beforehand and wanted to stay knowing it wasn't real. And she didn't learn how to fly an alien spaceship, she hit a button and then everyone prayed to not get blown up.

Diggle asks Oliver if he can fly the space ship.
Oliver says, "Between you, me, Ray, and Sarah, I'm hoping one of us can fly this thing."

Poor Thea, Ollie still doesn't believe in her.

I feel like this is a very questionable perspective on Thea in this episode. Her decision to rip herself away from the simulation only looks noble when you ignore the fact that she was extremely selfish moments beforehand and wanted to stay knowing it wasn't real. And she didn't learn how to fly an alien spaceship, she hit a button and then everyone prayed to not get blown up.

Given that Thea gave up the life and always wanted things to be normal it made perfect sense.

Ithil

It was a little weird to have no explanation for why Artemis wasn't around this episode. I know it's because they didn't want to address the storyline development from last episode in the middle of the crossover/100th episode retrospective but having everyone from the Arrow team there except one was strange.

Ithil

There would have been a lot more crossover had it not happened to be Arrow's 100th episode. It really has to be an Arrow episode at that point.

Still got a Flash/Supergirl teamup spot all the same.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The difference between the crossover episodes so far is that the crossover made great use of the Flash and Arrow made great use of the crossover.

While this story and this plot device could have been done a few ways, this was the easiest, neatest version they had available.

Wvrs

This shouldn't have been part of the crossover, but damned if it didn't make me feel feels I didn't even think Arrow was able to make me feel anymore.

I've been watching Arrow since the very beginning, cruised on the highs of season two, felt crushed by the lows of season three and finally bailed out on season four. So this season has been wonderful, it's quickly becoming my favourite TV show again (guilty pleasures...) and all the callbacks in this episode really hit me hard.

Please can we bring Laurel back, somehow? I never thought I'd say that after S3/S4, but here it finally felt like she was playing the character she's supposed to be. I genuinely teared up.

I was not expecting this episode to be nearly as good as it was. All of the callbacks to season one, past characters, past villains, etc. Those scenes with Laurel, and Mr. & Mrs. Queen definitely brought the feels.

Arrow is starting to become must-see TV again over Flash until they get over this "fuck you Barry" stuff.

Seriously guys, I'm going through all the possibilities on who Prometheus could be and I really don't have a solid answer.

I felt like Tommy could have a been a strong choice except the whole Chicago Med reference this episode seems to indicate that his scheduling wouldn't allow him back on this show(unless that's just a red herring of course).

Walter was actually name dropped this episode but he left on good terms with Oliver a couple of seasons ago.

I've even considered the possibility that Prometheus could be Thea but even that is just random speculation.

Of course it could be Felicity's new boyfriend but that just feels like a cheap cop-out for a season that is all about callbacks to previous seasons and characters.

MartyStu

I know the hardcore Olicity fans were pissed yesterday after what Guggenheim said regarding how he regretted how they handled the pairing last season. So much so they got a hashtag trending in response to show their anger and to keep backing the pairing. I can only imagine how mad they were last night.

What's being slightly overlooked is that the dream world showed not only that the characters wanted all these people alive again or different things out of life but for Ollie his possible ideal world was him marrying Laurel and being with her not just her being alive up to the end. With Katie Cassidy set to appear across all shows in some manner, maybe Siren, or another version from another Earth or just brought back from the dead I wouldn't be surprised if they finally pushed the canon pairing between the two and not stray the way they've done so. I like to imagine a combination of the bad job they did in season 4, which they're openly admitting to now, and some instruction from higher up (maybe Johns) they'll bring the relationship aspect closer to the everything else Green Arrow related. Especially since Arrow is the only Green Arrow related property that tried to go against the pairing and suffered for it.

It suffered not because it went against the pairing, but because they could not leave well enough alone. Hell, before Flashpoint, Oliver and Dinah were divorced.

That said, the writers need to be very careful how they handled bringing Laurel back. Quentin Lance does not deserve to get jerked around as much as the show continues to do.

Personally, I think the writers should have the partial undoing of Flashpoint have her having never died.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I so badly want Prometheus to take off his mask to reveal that he's actually Malcolm Merlyn. Haha

Sephzilla

I still think Prometheus is Tommy. Episode 100 was a good way to throw people off the scent by making everyone think he's a doctor in Chicago
in a fake simulation

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Is this the worst case scenario? Lol

Yes. I try to imagine the worst possible reveal and then fully embrace it. Even scarier is that Malcolm has the means, motive, and opportunity to pull it off. It would be a reveal so anticlimactic that the rest of the season would collapse into itself, like a star turning into a black hole.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dem feelings....this episode made me sad.

Moira still looking great.

Patryn

Ideally, in a perfect world Prometheus would take off his mask to reveal it's Slade.

Would help to build him back up a bit.

carlsojo

Was reading back and forth tweets from Caity Lotz and the director, apparently that was a real rain/windstorm they were filming in for that awesome fight in the courtyard.

GulAtiCa

Slade doesn't strike me as the type who'd change his identity and start stealing Oliver's arrow gimmick though.

True, however Slade as we know him is so salty from Oliver "stealing" his girl, that I could totally see him just doing his best to screw with Oliver.

I really doubt it's Slade though.

Sephzilla

If it was Slade, he would have made his presence known by now because he'd desperately want Oliver to know that he's the one fucking with Oliver.

Joni

Aside from the weird people CGI - you really didn't have a good Roy model? - this was a great episode. Both on cross-over level although lack of Legends in general, and on the Arrow 100th level. Feels good to have the parents back.

T Dollarz

I thought they handled the episode better than I could have expected, with a lot of things to juggle. They just nailed the tone of it perfectly, with being a 75% nostalgia trip, with some crossover and new team arrow sprinkled in.

I binged the first three seasons right before season four. The first season was really cool, the second was truly spectacular, and then the third was so awful. At that time I was really caught up in how good the first season of Flash was, too. But anyways, season four was better than three, but still a step down from the first two by a lot. I liked how this episode really seemed to focus on the greatness of the first two seasons. It made even me, who has been super down on the last couple seasons, feel emotional. This season has gotten back to being fun again, and easily the best since the second season. It's even more fun than Flash now, which has been struggling since last season IMO because of their villain problem. Zoom and Alchemy cannot compare to season one Welles. Also the team chemistry is way off because of Flashpoint and it has really hurt the show. Even Iris being with Barry makes things way less interesting, unfortunately.

Sorry for this rant, I'm on a caffeine boost lol but my current rankings would be Supergirl > Legends = Arrow > Flash

Season 2 Arrow & Season 1 Flash are still the peak DCTV, though.

Platy

Is this the first Arrow episode without flashback ?

Also weird that Artemis is nowhere to be seen .... isn't she supposed to play double spy ?

Cool episode overall ... pure fanservice

Dereck

lol

Kaizer

Banned
As someone who stopped watching Arrow last season, but keeps up with The Flash, this episode made me want to catch up on this season & learn who all these new characters are - so good job crossover! Definitely gonna check out the first few episodes of this season now.

Just finished watching the cross-over. Haven't bothered with Legends since early in the first season. First time seeing Nate Heywood. Ravager no longer has the worst looking costume in the history of the Arrow-verse.

Grizzlyjin

Just watched up to Episode 4. Hate the new team. Love everything else. Especially the flashbacks.

Good flashbacks again! I stay away from my phone while I watch stuff, but the Season 3 & 4 flashbacks always made me want to answer emails or something. Now they're actually fun to watch.

Trojan X

Banned
I love the Superman Returns reference from Brandon Routh near the end. Damn, I really wished he played as Superman in this rather than the current actor, he is so perfect for it. Wasn't his fault that his Superman movie sucked due to the script and story. Poor guy. Hope his career is ok now:

rains-superman-returns-icon-1.png

Top Bottom