• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

RELIGHT

Banned
ibtl4fxrVukUKC.jpg

She straight up looks like the Joker

Effect

Nice. Deathstroke!!! I did like how the revelation took place at the same time as the handshake. Nicely done.

I think the Laural/Katie Cassidy hate has gone to far but her facial expressions during that ending scene looked really weird. Maybe there was far to much make up. It looked like only her eyes and mouth were moving but not the rest of her face.

Oni3298

Nice. Deathstroke!!! I did like how the revelation took place at the same time as the handshake. Nicely done.

I think the Laural/Cassidy hate has gone to far but her facial expressions during that ending scene looked really weird. Maybe there was far to much make up. It looked like only her eyes and mouth were moving but not the rest of her face.

She's just... not the best actress.

That whole revelation scene with Sebastian's mother talking to Laurel.. honestly a little cringeworthy. >.<

Khezu

That wasn't the best episode of Arrow.

Katie needs to get the boot, she is by far the show's weakest link, and I don't think they can salvage her at this point.

pulga

Banned
I'm six minutes into the episode, and I have to say, what the fuck happened to Katie Cassidy? She's become Skeletor. It's fucking distracting.

Tokubetsu

She lost weight...and then her chin grew thats the biggest thing between her now and supernatural. It's really weird. Looks stranger in stills though.

From supernatural for comparison:

Maybe it's just an age thing, who knows.

Clevinger

pretty crappy

a mix of bad writing and acting. Amell felt like he regressed back to early season 1 acting

and those Olicity scenes still feel like fanfiction

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
pretty crappy

a mix of bad writing and acting. Amell felt like he regressed back to early season 1 acting

and those Olicity scenes still feel like fanfiction

Yeah seriously, this episode was pretty boring. It was like they realized they were going way too fast with the plot and ran out of ideas, "shit idk let's insert random DC character, give Laurel some more useless scenes, re-use some Smallville material for Roy, and then throw the Olicity fans a forced bone." Didn't like it at all.

Also, like others have said, this thread has made Laurel a walking chin for me, I CAN'T UNSEE and it's bothering me lol. She really has changed since Supernatural Ruby :(. Can't help but think it's just way too much weight loss, and like others have said, maybe some aging--don't our faces continue to grow as we get older? A few docs have told me that dunno if there's any truth to it.

inm8num2

Next time I'm on a bicycle and have to dodge some obstruction, I'm going to pull that move Arrow used tonight. Better than Roy's spin flip on the wall.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Deathstroke in the preview has me so hyped I can't wait!

It was an ok episode. Oliver yelling at Our Lady Felicity was just so heart breaking. That Olicity teasing though! It get's me every time.

Is it just me or did Oliver call Sebastian Blood "Alderman" twice this episode?

ShdwDrake

Banned
Now that it seems like their trying to make Oli look jealous or have feelings for Felicity in some way their conversations seem sooo forced. It used to be pretty natural chemistry on screen :(

You know how Amell liked to interact with the Arrow fans and recently had a Q & A session taking live questions from the internet? I'm obviously way to late to participate in that last one, but for the next one I would love it if someone asked this question;

Q: Katie Cassidy was pretty good as Ruby back when she was on Supernatural, but Laurel always seems so sad on Arrow.... why the long face?

I'd be really interested to see how the question got answered.

Rand6

She lost weight...and then her chin grew thats the biggest thing between her now and supernatural. It's really weird. Looks stranger in stills though.

From supernatural for comparison:

Maybe it's just an age thing, who knows.

Wait... what!?
This is Laurel? She doesn't even look like the same person.

Wazzy

Banned
I feel bad for the actress. She doesn't even look that bad and yet people are constantly making fun of her appearance. Her chin is a little noticeably long but who cares?

She's the weakest link on the show for sure but I don't think she's done anything to warrant the hate she gets.

As for the episode, was kind of dull but the ending was great. The preview for next episode got me hyped.

Let's just say that if the show was broadcast in 3D, we would all be getting a good exercise from ducking her chin everytime she turned her head.

I swear I could see the line where her prosthetic chin was added on to her real chin. Her chin stole every scene she was in, it was all I could focus on.

Snake

Ep was a bit weak but I don't think it was the weakest of the season. That spot still belongs to the Bronze Tiger episode. Laurel wasn't even that bad, story-wise (chin-wise I am still recovering).

Sean Maher was just sort of there.

edit: ^ oh my god

And here i was thinking Arrow-GAF was hyperboling about her chin...

My God she could easily kill somebody with that.

My first thought during the episode was one of those construction trucks with a shovel claw. Like she could win with ease in a real life game of hungry hungry hippo, if all she needed to do was scoop everything to her side of the plate only using her chin.

She needs to get whatever she had done to her face undone. Maybe the Winchesters can help, because something evil has definitely been going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom