• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slade_Wilson_Smallville_002.jpg

Such a terrible show.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
On episode 3 of season 2, show am too good. WB should use Amell for GA in JL, dude IS GA in my eyes. Sorry WB whoever you choose that is not Amell is a downgrade. Seriously they should just acknowledge this show as part of DCCU, not every goddamn hero needs a big budget movie that could turn out disastrous and kill the character outright. If GA is already well established in the series, then why bother with a movie? And so far the show has used (aside from Deathstroke) relative unknown villains in the DCU that will never show up in a movie, so there shouldn't be continuity problems. Come on, WB!

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ep 3 of this season so far best in the show.

• Black Canary is awesome not cheesy at all
  • Dollmaker was suitably creepy
  • Amell is killing it as GA, he has gotten better as the series is progressing which is always good
  • GA choosing not to kill is good character development, and I'm glad not killing doesn't mean he won't maim or torture if he needs to.
  • Ras Al Ghul name dropped is awesome, but I doubt he'll ever show up personally (unless it's been confirmed he shows up, but I doubt WB will allow it), too big of a villain for a tv show, but I expect a lot of his lackeys to be in the series. Getting the League of Assassins (or Shadows, whatever) into the mix is hnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg!
  • Present day stuff is better than whats happening on the Island, as oppose to s1. That's how awesome the Present day stuff has gotten this season.

Ithil

I'm not sure why I see people going on about the Oliver/Felcity scenes as being "forced". Oliver and Laurel are what you call forced. Clark and Lana in Smallville were what you call forced. Cases of starting with the end result of the relationship first and working backwards,

They're actually handling Oliver and Felicity from the beginning of season 1 to now like an actual growing romance (even if that isn't their intention, they are making it come off that way), not like the extremely weak "predestined true wuv" thing they did for Oliver and Laurel.

if Laurel want to crack this case. she needs to start asking important questions.

Found out who Mother Blood is then who is Father Blood. Finally if there's Brother..... (shock face) Blood. Brother Blood.

if Laurel want to crack this case. she needs to start asking important questions.

Found out who Mother Blood is then who is Father Blood. Finally if there's Brother..... (shock face) Blood. Brother Blood.

She has a built in divining rod that should point her in the correct direction.
Honestly, she could probably draw Blood with it if she wanted to.

But as long as she keeps her chin up, everything should be ok.

Jonogunn

I never bought into any of Ollie's relationships including the pending felicity.

Shado was the only one that seemed legit to me.

Am I the only one who doesn't want felicity and Oliver to hook up? I rather her stay as and seen only as a friend/partner. Why does EVERY female have to be romantically tied to Oliver?

Joni

Sara and young Ollie looks legit too. You can see why they would go for each other. Each Ollie also has a different perfect love. Green Arrow = Felicity, young Ollie = Sara and Island Ollie = Shado. Fake stuck-up Ollie can get Laurel.

V_Arnold

Sara and young Ollie looks legit too. You can see why they would go for each other. Each Ollie also has a different perfect love. Green Arrow = Felicity, young Ollie = Sara and Island Ollie = Shado. Fake stuck-up Ollie can get Laurel.

I am sorry, but no. No. This is totally out of place fanwankery, to be blunt. Shippers invading Arrow unvierse, nothing more.

Am I the only one who doesn't want felicity and Oliver to hook up? I rather her stay as and seen only as a friend/partner. Why does EVERY female have to be romantically tied to Oliver?

I am waiting for the inevitable Arrow+Laurel myself, Felicity does not need Ollie to function, and is pretty much in love with Barry at this point. One episode of them was more natural and believable than the whole seasons of googly eyes and "It is nice that you are inside me, har har".

I don't want it to happen either. If they did become an actual couple, it would be great and wonderful, but sacrificed when the writers reunite Laurel and Ollie. The whole thing would only make me hate Laurel even more.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Horrible chin aside I actually liked Laurel in this episode. The episode in general was kinda meh though. Definitely the weakest episode of the season so far.

Ithil

I am sorry, but no. No. This is totally out of place fanwankery, to be blunt. Shippers invading Arrow unvierse, nothing more.

I am waiting for the inevitable Arrow+Laurel myself, Felicity does not need Ollie to function, and is pretty much in love with Barry at this point. One episode of them was more natural and believable than the whole seasons of googly eyes and "It is nice that you are inside me, har har".

She's "pretty much in love" with him after two episodes? Now that's forced.

UK finally caught up once again.

I agree that the Laurel hate has gone a bit far. I went in to this episode expecting nothing from her, but I don't think she was so bad this ep. Apart from the pill popping, she was on the ball, looking into Blood, trusting her gut. Yes the chin is off putting but I think it is just down to the weight loss. I really hope that when they turn her character around, which they will, she'll put a few pounds on and be back to S1 Laurel.

Slade was awesome and yes Miracuru gives you an lovely haircut. I also think he was looking a little bigger, in a good way.

Officer Chesthair providing some good laughs once again."What's with the mask?"

I'm very surprised that nobody has yet commented on Felicity's very sexy dress and boots combo. Yum

I thought Laurel's make up was pretty bad this ep, way overbaord on the eyes and mouth, made her look like a clown.

Dat Olicity moment, loving it. Please, draw it out some more.

Sebastian's mother was kinda obvious, and not much of a climax to be honest.

All in all not an amazing episode, but not terrible either. The 2nd half of the season has to build to a crescendo, they can't start off with a brilliant episode or they'll have nowhere to go.

That promo though, can't wait for next week!

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
UK finally caught up once again.

I agree that the Laurel hate has gone a bit far. I went in to this episode expecting nothing from her, but I don't think she was so bad this ep. Apart from the pill popping, she was on the ball, looking into Blood, trusting her gut. Yes the chin is off putting but I think it is just down to the weight loss. I really hope that when they turn her character around, which they will, she'll put a few pounds on and be back to S1 Laurel.

Slade was awesome and yes Miracuru gives you an lovely haircut. I also think he was looking a little bigger, in a good way.

Officer Chesthair providing some good laughs once again."What's with the mask?"

I'm very surprised that nobody has yet commented on Felicity's very sexy dress and boots combo. Yum

I thought Laurel's make up was pretty bad this ep, way overbaord on the eyes and mouth, made her look like a clown.

Dat Olicity moment, loving it. Please, draw it out some more.

Sebastian's mother was kinda obvious, and not much of a climax to be honest.

All in all not an amazing episode, but not terrible either. The 2nd half of the season has to build to a crescendo, they can't start off with a brilliant episode or they'll have nowhere to go.

That promo though, can't wait for next week!
It's MiraKuru.

V_Arnold

Yeah, the chin movement is beyond childish at this point. "Put on some weight, girl" jeez. Yeah, it surely will motivate her to get some weight! Internet nitpicking is the number one way for actresses to lose stress and freely overeat, leading to a "Holy Restoration of How She Looked In That One Particular Series".

Rokam

Yeah, the chin movement is beyond childish at this point. "Put on some weight, girl" jeez. Yeah, it surely will motivate her to get some weight! Internet nitpicking is the number one way for actresses to lose stress and freely overeat, leading to a "Holy Restoration of How She Looked In That One Particular Series".

You mean last season?

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
We almost got rid of Thea with the shards of glass raining down upon her and Roy. Thea gets impaled (by glass not by Roy) And as Thea lays dying she slurs her final words to Roy and He realizes that he must avenge Thea's death and he becomes moody and broods the rest of the season.

Kevin

After all of the comments here on GAF I went in expecting an absolutely terrible episode. While far from the best episode this season, I still found it to be quite enjoyable.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
We almost got rid of Thea with the shards of glass raining down upon her and Roy. Thea gets impaled (by glass not by Roy) And as Thea lays dying she slurs her final words to Roy and He realizes that he must avenge Thea's death and he becomes moody and broods the rest of the season.

To avenge my slurry girlfriend, I must become someone else. I must become slomethin elss.

Officer "Chesthair" just needs to call Ollie out on his identity already.

even if he does it subtly, just let him know that you know who he is a little more directly than referencing his "secretary".

Something like as he is turning to leave their little rooftop meeting, Arrow says "This could probably take all night" in reference to the problem they were just discussing.
and Officer "Chesthair" Lance responds "So I guess I'll tell Laurel you won't be making it to dinner then".
To which the Arrow pauses, half glances back, takes a brief moment to ponder, and then jumps off the roof.

Something else I find hilarious is back when Barry said Oliver should get a mask, and Oliver almost jumped down his throat to say "Well find me something that's light, comfortable and doesn't block my vision" or something like that. But he wears a fucking hood. You have NO peripheral vision as it is with that thing on. I doubt a face mask was going to hinder your performance in anyway like that hood is doing.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Something else I find hilarious is back when Barry said Oliver should get a mask, and Oliver almost jumped down his throat to say "Well find me something that's light, comfortable and doesn't block my vision" or something like that. But he wears a fucking hood. You have NO peripheral vision as it is with that thing on. I doubt a face mask was going to hinder your performance in anyway like that hood is doing.

I know this all too well first hand. I just got a new hoodie that's a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The hood is pretty much like Ollie's and to see anything I basically have to turn my entire head to look at it. It's like the old Batman cowls.

GrayFoxPL

ibdwUCbMoIyfNk.gif

To avenge my slurry girlfriend, I must become someone else. I must become slomethin elss.

imZuG4iwExxfn.gif

Sorry, guys I was bored!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom