• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

We almost got rid of Thea with the shards of glass raining down upon her and Roy. Thea gets impaled (by glass not by Roy) And as Thea lays dying she slurs her final words to Roy and He realizes that he must avenge Thea's death and he becomes moody and broods the rest of the season.

Am I the only one that likes Thea?

Tugatrix

Sneak Peek at Season 3.

iR70hXb.jpg

I hope this time Jack throw his daughter inside the hotel full of virus

We almost got rid of Thea with the shards of glass raining down upon her and Roy. Thea gets impaled (by glass not by Roy) And as Thea lays dying she slurs her final words to Roy and He realizes that he must avenge Thea's death and he becomes moody and broods the rest of the season.

To avenge my slurry girlfriend, I must become someone else. I must become slomethin elss.

wade5luyz.gif

You fuckin' Thea haters can take a hike.

drill1krjhn.gif

Clevinger

I've come around. She's one of the better actors on the show (not saying much) and they've stopped writing her completely awful. Also with that Merlyn soap opera twist she'll hopefully stop being relegated to just "Roy's Girlfriend" and start being an actual character and maybe even Ollie's sidekick one day.

One of the reasons I want to be hopeful about Thea and her becoming a vigilante is because of how lame the rest of the female asskickers are. I was pretty hyped about Lotz initially but she's a pretty bad actress. And her weird and goofy as fuck way of talking and how she leaves her mouth hanging open all the time is so incredibly distracting. I can't take her seriously at all. Then the huntress was lame as hell. They nerfed Shado after her first couple badass episodes because you apparently can't have a badass lady showing up Oliver and then they killed her off anyway once another person with a vagina was introduced on the island. I want to be hopeful about Laurel as a vigilante but these writers loathe her (possibly subconsciously) and now her face is incredibly distracting so I wonder if I could start taking her seriously if she suddenly miraculously got good writing.

So that pretty much leaves Thea.

I've come around. She's one of the better actors on the show (not saying much) and they've stopped writing her completely awful. Also with that Merlyn soap opera twist she'll hopefully stop being relegated to just "Roy's Girlfriend" and start being an actual character and maybe even Ollie's sidekick one day.

One of the reasons I want to be hopeful about Thea and her becoming a vigilante is because of how lame the rest of the female asskickers are. I was pretty hyped about Lotz initially but she's a pretty bad actress. And her weird and goofy as fuck way of talking and how she leaves her mouth hanging open all the time is so incredibly distracting. I can't take her seriously at all. Then the huntress was lame as hell. They nerfed Shado after her first couple badass episodes because you apparently can't have a badass lady showing up Oliver and then they killed her off anyway once another person with a vagina was introduced on the island. I want to be hopeful about Laurel as a vigilante but these writers loathe her (possibly subconsciously) and now her face is incredibly distracting.

So that pretty much leaves Thea.

If the show runs six seasons, Shado will return. Twist. They injected her with MIRAKURA after she got her head blown off, so she's ZombieShado with Amnesia and ZombieSexiness.

Clevinger

If the show runs six seasons, Shado will return. Twist. They injected her with MIRAKURA after she got her head blown off, so she's ZombieShado with Amnesia and ZombieSexiness.

Shed come back as the lame damsel shado, not the awesome one who was all like "why'd you rescue me you dumbass? I wanted to get kidnapped!"

Man... Badass Shado was awesome.

Khezu

Comic book spoilers I guess.

In the comics, she has a kid with Ollie, so she could just show up one day with a toddler and cause all kinds of fun Drama, Mama Queen would probably be thrilled though.

Tabby

In the comics, she has a kid with Ollie, so she could just show up one day with a toddler and cause all kinds of fun Drama, Mama Queen would probably be thrilled though.

This could be several seasons later when Dinah is Black Canary and in a relationship with Ollie. Shado could show up with a kid and be all, "Hey Ollie remember that time we had sex by the river? this is our baby".
This is gold for CW, they should hire me.

tim1138

In the current New 52 continuity that's a little different...
she has a kid with Ollie's dad.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I am sorry, but no. No. This is totally out of place fanwankery, to be blunt. Shippers invading Arrow unvierse, nothing more.

I am waiting for the inevitable Arrow+Laurel myself, Felicity does not need Ollie to function, and is pretty much in love with Barry at this point. One episode of them was more natural and believable than the whole seasons of googly eyes and "It is nice that you are inside me, har har".

I agree that she doesn't need Ollie to function but to say that she's pretty much in love with Barry, after two episodes, is ridiculous. She's attracted to him, sure. In love with him? No.

I like Thea.

It was an okay episode. I liked how Laurel didn't trust Blood and was investigating him on her own but I did think it was funny how she automatically believed the crazy person in the insane asylum. I hope that she at least looks into it further.

Shahadan

I started season 1 on Netflix two days ago. It's frustrating. It has the good ideas I think, but it's done by the wrong people and it's a waste. So many things look cheap and/or amateurish, acting included. It reminds me of Smallville (except for the good ideas part) so it's not a good feeling.

I like Ollie, Thea, Moira, and the bodyguard, but fuck everyone else. The detective constantly looks like someone is holding poop under his nose. It's like some sort of Cersei effect. Laurel is boring as shit. The best friend is boring for now, potential to be interesting I guess.
I'm on episode 8 and will probably continue and enjoy it but I feel like everything can go wrong very fast :lol:

Edit: Wait is Laurel played by the same actress in season 2? Oo

Khezu

I started season 1 on Netflix two days ago. It's frustrating. It has the good ideas I think, but it's done by the wrong people and it's a waste. So many things look cheap and/or amateurish, acting included. It reminds me of Smallville (except for the good ideas part) so it's not a good feeling.

I like Ollie, Thea, Moira, and the bodyguard, but fuck everyone else. The detective constantly looks like someone is holding poop under his nose. It's like some sort of Cersei effect. Laurel is boring as shit. The best friend is boring for now, potential to be interesting I guess.
I'm on episode 8 and will probably continue and enjoy it but I feel like everything can go wrong very fast :lol:

General opinion is the first 9 or so episodes are not super great, but it continues to get better and better as the season goes on.

Except for the Huntress parts, she is pretty terrible.

Wiktor

was that show any good?

Hmm...it started pretty terrible. Which was weird, because some parts of it (mainly Blackthorne, the cinematography and turning Bob into human spirit) were great. It did start to pick up halfway through and the last few eps were genuinelly good and hinted at true greatness in S2. Unfortunatelly S2 never got made.

Overall I wouldn't recommend it to anyone outside of curious Dresden Files fan. It's an excercise in frustration, first by low quality then by destruction of what could have been truly good show.

The one truly great thing about it was Blackthorne. To this day when I read Dresden novels I imagine him as Harry. It was that perfect strike of lighting casting

Wait till episode 14, The Odyssey.

I thought it might be for another role, but she looks great in The Scribbler, which was filmed last year, that she stars in and is coming out this year. She looks normal here

the-scribbler-stills-v3xnj.jpg

scribb.jpg

I mean, maybe she's just dedicated as fuck to the role of Laurel Lance, downward spiral drug addict. I hope.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
this show has done a better job at establishing DCU on the screen, than Man of Steel. Seriously WB would be stupid to not acknowledge this as part of the DCCU, the groundwork for the character is already laid out why not take advantage of it? This is not mediocre like Smallville and not every superhero needs a big budget movie that could potentially turn out disastrous.

This show is just fucking good. I remember when I watched the pilot's promo and I cringed, holy shit I was so wrong.

wth happened to katie cassidy in this season? She looks terrible, she sticks out like sore thumb considering this show is filled to the brim with hot women. She was fine in season 1 but I dunno what happened.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
The Flash origin scene was better than any thing that Zack Snyder did in MoS. It was... magical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom