• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thought they totally forgot about Walter and Malcolm. I'm glad they r going back with these characters.
Laurel will work with Moria's campaign.

Moira Queen for Mayor, that's not going to end well.

Only 600,000 people in Starling City?

Just registered voters perhaps?

Suicide Squad is going to become a thing. I'm excited. I'm hype.

That was the perfect way to reveal Ollie's secret to Roy, better and earlier than I was expecting.

I love the fact that this show hasn't been messing around trying to draw too many things out until you don't care anymore, it's like the anti-Smallville.

Yes...

Ripclawe

Banned
Swear I did 100 pushups after this scene and this is my rest day damn it.

iA9S2xOPdJGxk.gif

i31jnpfaf2HID.gif

ijbKTwimn10IR.gif

inm8num2

"We're just getting started."

Damn, I got chills in those final scenes. Loved the Ollie to Roy reveal - it came at just the right moment, and I'm glad the writers didn't delay.

This show...so good...

Omega

Banned
She pronounced R'as name correctly. I think I am in love.

What's the correct way? I didn't watch the teaser for next week. I like the keep everything as a surprise.

I used to think it was pronounced with an "ah" sound. Then when I was watching Batman Beyond, he says it that way and then I think Talia says it's supposed to be pronounced "raysh"

then in the Batman movies they say it with the ah sound.

What's the correct way? I didn't watch the teaser for next week. I like the keep everything as a surprise.

I used to think it was pronounced with an "ah" sound. Then when I was watching Batman Beyond, he says it that way and then I think Talia says it's supposed to be pronounced "raysh"

then in the Batman movies they say it with the ah sound.

She pronounces it "Raysh."

Awesome episode. I loved Sara showing up for Laurel and Roy learning that Ollie is Arrow.

What else could you possibly need? Oh yeah, a salmon ladder scene. Time to lay down on the fainting couch and recover a bit.

inm8num2

Is this show REALLY that good?

I mean I allways kinda thought Hawkeye / Green Arrow was kind of lame.

No superpowers but just a stupid bow and good aiming skills.

It's not the best show ever made, but it strikes a good balance with action, camp, cheese, and mythology. It's a cream dream.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Loved it.

Kryzchek at the restaurant with Moira and Walter was cool.

also motherfucking Suicide Squad.

Omega

Banned

I've never really been a fan of super powers. They're cool an all, but I prefer Green Arrow/Batman, etc.

Relying on hand to hand, being a badass with gadgets and having to outsmart people appeals more to me than just the brute force approach that most heroes with super powers take.
its the best live action comic based show on the air by far.

I'd say it's the best comic based anything right now. Better than any of the movies, and I've actually enjoyed the Marvel movies/Man of Steel, despite having to be on a TV show budget. It doesn't waste it's time with filler and just keeps moving forward, while never forgetting about the small things that have happened. like they didn't just forget about the Robert Queen not being the biological father of Thea storyline.

obviously the show has its flaws, like not enough Felicity, but I don't think anything comic related is close to the quality of the show.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Drunk Shady Laurel is the best Laurel with her over the top drunkness.

I can't process the fact Roy couldn't tell Oliver was the Arrow. Oliver has that bump by his lip...Arrow has bump by his lip. Hmmm. They were face to face!

Great episode. I liked the reveal to Roy. It made sense in the situation. Roy gotta control that anger damn.

Tucah

you speak so well
Another great episode. Suicide Squad! Roy joining Team Arrow! Canary back in Starling! SUICIDE SQUAD! Moira for mayor is kind of an iffy plotline but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I've been on this shows side through thick and thin but this ep was kind of embarassing.

The continual use of the words "earthquake machine"? The hilariously contrived reason why Ollie
has to reveal his identity to Roy
. It's more like a squad? UGH.

Could someone give a non-comic reader a sentence or two on what the Suicide Squad is?

From the DC Wiki
The Suicide Squad is a team of imprisoned super-villains who perform high-risk missions for the U.S. Government in exchange for commuted sentences. They are formally known as Task Force X. The team's actions are highly classified, and the government is able to deny any involvement by claiming that they are not responsible for the damages of a random super-villain attack. Their commander is Amanda Waller, who runs the organization out of Belle Reve prison.

EDIT: Dammit. Beaten.

Cade

Maaaan. The Squad, the reveal to Roy, Sara being back, the preview
looks insane! Weird that they went with Raysh over Roz in THIS pronunciation since they used Roz earlier didn't they? but interesting
and the confrontation with Slade.. damn.

I saw some talk up there about
Slade's children
, did I miss something in the episode?

Cade

Extended version of the trailer for next week is out. Some interesting new footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eog-PQVru-U

Kind of curious what Sara means by "come back to her" rather than the league. You have warped my mind, Wozzly!

Well now I'm super lost.
Oliver says Roz and Nyssa says Raysh. WHO IS RIGHT

EDIT:
Oliver mentions his son when he talks him down.
Ah, alright.
Rose
is cooler anyway, I hope the show lasts enough seasons to introduce
her
. :D

Just caught the latest episode. Thought there was some weird pacing jumping from the club to the island and back to the club. But it's interesting to see
Roy is officially on the team, and Sara is back in the city!

I find myself bothered by Island Oliver. It's as if they try too hard to make him look dumb and out of shape.

Well now I'm super lost.
Oliver says Roz and Nyssa says Raysh. WHO IS RIGHT

I'm sure it's on purpose so that she can correct Ollie saying it during a face to face meeting.

Arrow:
"So you're the daughter of Roz Al Ghul?"

Nyssa: "It's pronounced Raysh,
mispronounce it again and I'll have your tongue"

Roy is officially on the team and Sara is back next week. This show plays no games.

Edit: Who else besides Bronze Tiger and Deadshot do you guys think will be on the Suicide Squad? Arrow hasn't left us a ton of villains.

vertigo but he is dead.

yes, it is. what answer were you expecting?

Extended version of the trailer for next week is out. Some interesting new footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eog-PQVru-U

Kind of curious what Sara means by "come back to her" rather than the league. You have warped my mind, Wozzly!

I think we both know what she meant. can't wait for the wozzly fanfic......

Or maybe Roy has... qualities.... that are not easily found on men.

wall flipping? because they haven't bumped uglies since he got the mirakuru on account of his super strength.

Kevin

Just watched the episode and man this show continues being really well done. This season has been completely fantastic and even at it's worse it's still well done. I'm very please with the show so far.

Awesome episode. I love that they don't just sweep past events under the rug, and that all the storylines are interesting on their own, but obviously will weave together in the future. This season has been aces.

On that note, I will still never stop requesting that the writers figure out some what to get rid of that ATROCIOUS chest tattoo that Ollie has. It serves absolutely no purpose anymore, and it looks janky as hell. I don't care if if they need to have a very special episode where Ollie visits the Laser Clinic, or he tests some new Mirakuru body lotion, but just get it off his damn chest. Thanks.

Cade

I'm sure it's on purpose so that she can correct Ollie saying it during a face to face meeting.

Arrow:
"So you're the daughter of Roz Al Ghul?"

Nyssa: "It's pronounced Raysh,
mispronounce it again and I'll have your tongue"
Ah, like Batman Beyond. Probably.
I thought they where both correct.

At this point it boils down to whether you side with the pronunciation of the actual name Ra's or the way the creator intended it. Or you can go with your favorite Batman interpretation. :p

KaoticBlaze

God damn i love this show. Makes me wonder how much better Smallville could have been if it would have just been created along side Arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom