• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Diggle is more than the voice of reason, he's the voice of wisdom. He's got more technical knowledge than Ollie in terms of strategy, conventional weapons, and mercenaries.

They barely if ever use his strategy, and the other things Felicity has started to take over since she was introduced because she can hack planet earth for any info they need. The writers are pushing him to the side and it'll be worse now that Roy's on the team. I just have a bad feeling.

You forgot his most important trait.
He's black. He has to die.

The CW can't afford to have less minorities on the main cast of their shows. Shado is gone and I have to think Slade's time on the Island will be coming to an end fairly soon. Once that happens he'll essentially be a guest star.

They barely if ever use his strategy, and the other things Felicity has started to take over since she was introduced because she can hack planet earth for any info they need. The writers are pushing him to the side and it'll be worse now that Roy's on the team.

Sure they don't actively have Diggle say, "I have a plan!" then cut to Ollie infiltrating the baddies hideout but the implication is there, I think. And there's no way that hacking databases makes up for Diggles knowledge through experience, training, and social networking. Roy would be an extra body in the field, sure, but he's bringing next to nothing else really.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
You forgot his most important trait.
He's black. He has to die.

They barely if ever use his strategy, and the other things Felicity has started to take over since she was introduced because she can hack planet earth for any info they need. The writers are pushing him to the side and it'll be worse now that Roy's on the team. I just have a bad feeling.

Arrow-GAF has the worst ideas.

Staph.

MC_Hify

Why is the League pissed at Merlyn? Seems like destroying a city with an earthquake machine is right up their alley.

Also, I was thinking about Laurel at the end of that last episode. On top of Tommy dying, which she blames herself for and living through the earthquake, she has had 3 attempts on her life in the past year and half. One of which she was tied up and had a tube forced in her mouth that was going to fill up her throat with plastic. I mean, Lance and Diggle are military and police. Sara and Oliver are lunatics. She's just a lawyer. No wonder she's so fucked up and self-medicating. I wouldn't be surprised if Felicity has been throwing back a few too many as well.

Ripclawe

Banned
Why is the League pissed at Merlyn? Seems like destroying a city with an earthquake machine is right up their alley.

In "The Scientist", Malcolm continues to privately confront Moira at the Queen household, insisting that she owes her life to him once again after he helped her in her trial. Determined to play a part in his daugher's life, Malcolm demands that Moira tell Thea of her true parantage. Moira refuses; to prove her unwillingness to compromise, and that she will no longer tolerate having to constantly fear Merlyn, Moira contacts Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins, informing them that Malcolm is alive.

She reveals this to Malcolm, advising that he run since his Undertaking was a betrayal to the League's code of honor, and that Ra's al Ghul was delighted to learn of Malcolm's survival, so that he could personally kill Merlyn.

BTW, that preview for next week when Sarah
says Nyssa is coming for her and chest hair does a take and says "oh" ....Where the hell is that steam coming from.... inside his jacket?

ZenaxPure

Sure they don't actively have Diggle say, "I have a plan!" then cut to Ollie infiltrating the baddies hideout but the implication is there, I think.

Is it? I'd love to know how, when 90% of the time there is a scene where Ollie talks about his plan that he came up with and one of the two usually tells him it's a bad idea but they do it anyway. Especially when half the stuff they encounter is related to the island in some weird way and Diggle knows nothing about it which Ollie loves to let Diggle know.

Now that you mention it though, that would be a great role for Diggle. He was some high ranking military dude or whatever. He should be the one talking to Oliver over the headset telling him what to do and coming up with the plans.

Is it? I'd love to know how, when 90% of the time there is a scene where Ollie talks about his plan that he came up with and one of the two usually tells him it's a bad idea but they do it anyway. Especially when half the stuff they encounter is related to the island in some weird way and Diggle knows nothing about it which Ollie loves to let Diggle know.

Now that you mention it though, that would be a great role for Diggle. He was some high ranking military dude or whatever. He should be the one talking to Oliver over the headset telling him what to do and coming up with the plans.

I don't recall Ollie discussing his plans much further than general statements of having to stop _____ or going after _____. When I say plans, I mean the actual tactics of how to approach a building full of baddies and such. And though this season has been Mirakuru heavy, there's still been a decent amount of non-Island-of-origin stuff too.

Sure the show has been Felicity heavy lately but I think that's definitely due to fan service all the Mirakuru stuff making Diggle less relevant, while Felicity's technology is more useful.

MartyStu

HnxQFbG.gif

I bet Steve's making a datass face when not facing the camera.

Which episode was this? I cannot remember this scene...

Ripclawe

Banned
Abercrombie & Fitch is employing an army of tween starlets to save its brand.
The company debuted the new "cast" of its spring campaign on Friday with a video showing them answering phone calls, riding motorcycles and horses, making out on the beach and generally being barely clothed and good-looking.

features other young stars like Teen Wolf's Colton Haynes, 25
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/abercrombie-employs-tween-stars-to-save-brand-2014-1#ixzz2s33hJS4X
ipgStHKGjPyDn.jpg

ihySBzRd6bpBc.jpg
ihgUX9XDOh0u1.jpg

The atrocious bladework of the villain closest to roundabout Roy never ceases to amaze me, that and the fact that he looks gassed as fuck with all the leaning against the wall.

Best part is him swinging a knife wildly around and Thea just decides to chill against the wall while being as close to the action as possible.

I knew injecting superpowers into Arrow would cause the quality to suffer.
Speaking about Super Powers or specifically Super Human Strength like Roy's "Miracle".

The several episodes Oliver or Arrow was fighting Brother Cyrus, Ollie was punched and thrown around hard enough to break or crush a normal humans bones. With that in mind He says he has fought people with that kind of power, obviously he's dealt with Slade. BUT how are you supposed to fight and defeat something of that level beyond you?

Foreshadowing that Ollie does defeat Slade by shooting or stabbing an Arrow in his right eye. But anyways, getting back to my point, I believe the Arrow his some type of different version of "Miracle" that's a more smaller and balanced serum (without the side effects of disfigured muscles and mental illness + sociopathic tendencies). It would explain how he's able to with stand such a brute like Cyrus or possibly Super Monster like Solomon Grundy & Amazo IF the show ever does introduce these villains.

What say you, ArrowGAF?

Speaking about Super Powers or specifically Super Human Strength like Roy's "Miracle".

The several episodes Oliver or Arrow was fighting Brother Cyrus, Ollie was punched and thrown around hard enough to break or crush a normal humans bones. With that in mind He says he has fought people with that kind of power, obviously he's dealt with Slade. BUT how are you supposed to fight and defeat something of that level beyond you?

Foreshadowing that Ollie does defeat Slade by shooting or stabbing an Arrow in his right eye. But anyways, getting back to my point, I believe the Arrow his some type of different version of "Miracle" that's a more smaller and balanced serum (without the side effects of disfigured muscles and mental illness + sociopathic tendencies). It would explain how he's able to with stand such a brute like Cyrus or possibly Super Monster like Solomon Grundy & Amazo IF the show ever does introduce these villains.

What say you, ArrowGAF?

I dunno, I don't think so. I think that speaks more to the larger-than-life nature of the show than Ollie straight up having neutered superpowers. He's just able to take an ass-kicking really well.

Tabby

What say you, ArrowGAF?
Nah.
Batman can still be a badass without superpowers, why can't Ollie?

V_Arnold

Bcuz Ollie didn't have any broken bones after getting his ass kicked by Brother Cyrus.

Instead he was injected by some type of drug that Coagulated his blood. Etc. Etc.

Thing is, the danger with Ollie was not that he got hit by Cyrus, it is that when he fell to the ground, something has been injected into his blood that would have killed him.

If he had to sustain a few punches like that random guy against Roy, he would be near-death as well.

Khezu

Who cares what happened to Ollie, how is Spawn still alive? The way Roy was punching him, Jax's face should have been paste.

GrayFoxPL

Who cares what happened to Ollie, how is Spawn still alive? The way Roy was punching him, Jax's face should have been paste.

And he didn't have a single bruise later in the jail scene.

Guys, do you think Ben Affleck could do cameo in Arrow for a hype before SvsB?

Clevinger

What say you, ArrowGAF?

I hope not. I like the idea of a normal scrappy human hero having to defeat people/things much stronger than him with skill and ingenuity. It sounds like that's a big part of why people like the comic Green Arrow as well.

Bcuz Ollie didn't have any broken bones after getting his ass kicked by Brother Cyrus.

It's just tv logic and inconsistency.

For instance, the guys Roy was pummeling in the face in a rage last episode should have had their skulls turned into mush, but instead I think one had a tiny bit of blood on his face and Bronze Tiger didn't have ANY blood on his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom