• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
to hell with her chin. did y'all see laurel's legs. now she looking like a scarecrow. please mrs. lance never mind the substance abuse, eat more too.

Pretty sure Laurel only has self defense lessons, which is dwarfed by whatever Ollie had to do in the five years he was missing and Sara being trained by the LoA.

I guess Mirakuru can help close the gap, I guess.

I guess.

http://youtu.be/Uiu6fc-gpL4

The techniques she used were advanced enough that Post-Island Ollie was surprised to see them. Laurel said she took "self defense classes" but do you think her Dad would throw her in some cheap ass "Rake the eyes, knee the groin!" self defense class? My money is on her having a few years (at least) of training in a real martial art.

That. Is. Lame.

Ollie was trained by a Chinese general, his sexy daughter, and an ASAS hardcase badass. Sara was trained by R'as al-Ghul, his sexy-ass daughter, and the rest of his fucking ninjas.

God damn it Laurel.

It's more like Ollie got fighting tips from them, not that he was trained by them. Unless there's been a lot more off camera time passed on the Island then we're led to believe, even between those three characters he doesn't know much.

Sara is a different story but a Laurel Canary wouldn't have to be trained as well as Sara initially. Roy doesn't have any kind of training at this point but I think it's safe to say he'll get more training and learn more techniques over time.

The point I'm making is Laurel's character already has a hand to hand combat base that can be expanded on. Even though they play her most often as a damsel in distress, her character does have a background to support fighting.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It wont stop. Huntress will soon die, and Laurel will become BC instead of Caity. Embrace the darkness, embrace the superior ways of the Arrow.

WC3KSzs.gif

Khezu

No way would they kill Huntress.

She needs to randomly show up at least once a season to be redeemed, sleep with Ollie, and then go crazy again.

Clevinger

The techniques she used were advanced enough that Post-Island Ollie was surprised to see them. Laurel said she took "self defense classes" but do you think her Dad would throw her in some cheap ass "Rake the eyes, knee the groin!" self defense class? My money is on her having a few years (at least) of training in a real martial art.

She also disarmed that dude earlier in this season like it was nothing.

horror.gif

ugghhh

In the eyes of the public, Ollie has already been proven not to be the Arrow. What proof could Malcolm give that wouldn't also incriminate and reveal himself? Plus, if Malcolm's been keeping tabs on Oliver at all, then he should know that Ollie's been getting involved with the League: the exact people Malcolm is trying to avoid.

It wouldn't surprise me that Malcolm and Sara had a run in with each other. Would it crazy to believe that he offers to catch Sara in order to get help in return from Nyssa or is there like a kill-on-sight/bring in DOA order on Malcolm's head and it wouldn't benefit him at all

rokero

It's more like Ollie got fighting tips from them, not that he was trained by them. Unless there's been a lot more off camera time passed on the Island then we're led to believe, even between those three characters he doesn't know much.

Sara is a different story but a Laurel Canary wouldn't have to be trained as well as Sara initially. Roy doesn't have any kind of training at this point but I think it's safe to say he'll get more training and learn more techniques over time.

The point I'm making is Laurel's character already has a hand to hand combat base that can be expanded on. Even though they play her most often as a damsel in distress, her character does have a background to support fighting.
she looked so hot back then, is there any chance she looks so skinny now because of the drug addiction plot, maybe when she recovers from it she'll look like her old self again

It wouldn't surprise me that Malcolm and Sara had a run in with each other. Would it crazy to believe that he offers to catch Sara in order to get help in return from Nyssa or is there like a kill-on-sight/bring in DOA order on Malcolm's head and it wouldn't benefit him at all

It's implied because he broke The Leagues code, if he were ever discovered to still be alive, he would be hunted down and killed. I could see that theory working in some format though. Something like Nyssa discovers he's alive and he tries to capture Sara to give to Nyssa in exchange for her silence about his being alive or something. It'd be a pretty hard plot to execute in a single episode though I think.

Remmy2112

It's implied because he broke The Leagues code, if he were ever discovered to still be alive, he would be hunted down and killed. I could see that theory working in some format though. Something like Nyssa discovers he's alive and he tries to capture Sara to give to Nyssa in exchange for her silence about his being alive or something. It'd be a pretty hard plot to execute in a single episode though I think.

I would think, given the gravity of Malcolm's crimes and breaking of the code, that the reverse would be true and Sara might try to swing a deal where she captures him in exchange for freedom.

I think between the end of season 1 and the beginning if season 2 there's like at least 6 months passed on the island of just Slade, Shado, and Ollie hanging out and training.

Tabby

I think between the end of season 1 and the beginning if season 2 there's like at least 6 months passed on the island of just Slade, Shado, and Ollie.

Yeah.
Everything that happens in Arrow is the same time as us.
So when it's December in Arrow it should be December here as well, they spent a couple of months together between season 1 and season 2.

I think between the end of season 1 and the beginning if season 2 there's like at least 6 months passed on the island of just Slade, Shado, and Ollie.

Possibly. I'd have to rewatch the first ep of S2. I mean I know time passed in the present but I don't recall if it was outright said or implied that time passed in the past as well. It's believable that time past on the the island too though.

Possibly. I'd have to rewatch the first ep of S2. I mean I know time passed in the present but I don't recall if it was outright said or implied that time passed in the past as well. It's believable that time past on the the island too though.

For example, Ollie had enough time to learn chinese in that time.

anaron

In addition to *seemingly* getting along with the cast better than Cassidy does, Sara is already more popular with the fans than Laurel is.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if she sticks around as Canary.

I would think, given the gravity of Malcolm's crimes and breaking of the code, that the reverse would be true and Sara might try to swing a deal where she captures him in exchange for freedom.

Good ideas. In either case, I would love to see Malcolm as a wildcard for one's services and help. If there was ever a time to make a random occurrence, this would be the time.

Are they filming Arrow here or something?

Half the show is shot in or around the Vancouver Art Gallery. Once you recognize it, it is hilarious how many times it shows up. I think I'll add that to my Arrow drinking game (a shot when : someone says "The Arrow", any shirtless workout, or when Felicity does something beyond a IT person's abilities. It is amazing how drunk I get each Wednesday.

Wazzy

Banned
They film a LOT of stuff up in Vancouver. Arrow and Supernatural for some examples. A lot of SyFy stuff as well.
I didn't know about Arrow but I knew about Supernatural because they filmed right beside my house. I got to see Jarod and Ackles.
They film in Canada, don't know if it's in Vancouver though.

Cool. I only knew about a couple shows like Supernatural and Once Upon A Time.

Clevinger

I think I'll add that to my Arrow drinking game (a shot when : someone says "The Arrow", any shirtless workout, or when Felicity does something beyond a IT person's abilities. It is amazing how drunk I get each Wednesday.

here's another: take a shot every time Felicity unnecessarily walks away from the camera in a tight dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom