• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Oh God. Please. Please, no magic. For the love of God. No magic in the Arrowverse.

Well, if they already have superpowers there's no real reason why there can't be magic. In fact I'm actually fairly certain it is coming, albeit in some low-level form. Trying to explain lazarus pits scientifically would be really silly.

Well, if they already have superpowers there's no real reason why there can't be magic. In fact I'm actually fairly certain it is coming, albeit in some low-level form. Trying to explain lazarus pits scientifically would be really silly.

tumblr_n08pil5HdH1rd1qi0o1_500.gif

Lazarus Pit, just make it a pool of liquified super ancient Chinese herb that Yao Fei and Ollie use all the time. Just can't bring dead people back to life.

Or just make it metaphorical, you know. Like in TDKR. The pit was the Lazarus Pit, where you heal and are reborn if you have the strength to survive.

SURVIVE. Oh my God. It would work thematically.

SURVIVE.

I got this shit on lockdown guys. And we did not need any magic.

nomis

Oh God. Please. Please, no magic. For the love of God. No magic in the Arrowverse.

Maybe it wasn't you specifically hoping for it's appearance, but I'm pretty sure there was a discussion about the Lazarus Pit in this thread before I joined the party. Ra's al Ghul? Malcolm Merlyn's apparent resurrection? The fact that he looks like he had Tommy when he was like 12? Doesn't seem magical already?

EDIT: Beaten cause I accidentally closed my tab!

Maybe it wasn't you specifically hoping for it's appearance, but I'm pretty sure there was a discussion about the Lazarus Pit in this thread before I joined the party. Ra's al Ghul? Malcolm Merlyn's apparent resurrection? The fact that he looks like he had Tommy when he was like 12? Doesn't seem magical already?

EDIT: Beaten cause I accidentally closed my tab!

LOL hahahaha

Wiktor

]

Lazarus Pit, just make it a pool of liquified super ancient Chinese herb that Yao Fei and Ollie use all the time. Just can't bring dead people back to life.

You crazy? The best thing about Lazarus Pit is that it can raise the dead all twisted and wrong. And let's be honest, those herbs already are low-level alchemy.

Now, I don't want people throwing fireballs, but some mysticism, ancient secrets, forgotten places of bizzare power, etc. That would fit well.

Wiktor

Oh God, when they run out of ideas, we'll get evil twisted Zombie Tommy.

Zommy.

I now see the one huge downside of my idea, if Laurel ever dies I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it, as there always would be a scary idea back in my mind "what if they bring her back with lazarus pit?!"

It can be done-

The Lazarus pit is actually crashed medical technology from New Genesis. Think of it as a liquid form of the nanogene from The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances. You know - the episode that introduced Jack Harkness - played by John Barrowman - who also plays Malcom Merlin.

"Space Magic" is science according to the "rules" of genre writing

Wiktor

Zommy would be so beta he tries to eat people's brains but he just keeps falling over and groaning something about "the new age."

I can see it now. Zommy shambling to his first victim, a young female. Finally he wil eat her brain....only to see an other zombie get to her first. Then Zommy watches with dead eyes as that rival devours the girls' brain, with Radioactive playing in the background.
Poetry.

Kadayi

Banned
I now see the one huge downside of my idea, if Laurel ever dies I wouldn't be able to fully enjoy it, as there always would be a scary idea back in my mind "what if they bring her back with lazarus pit?!"

You mean to say that she isn't reanimated already? All this time I thought the woodenness was just her being in character.....

Seriously the sooner they kill her off the better. Maybe the lazarus pit could be used as an opportunity to change up to a better actress (preferably one who can emote).

A dr. fate show would be cool if they decide to go a magic route. Shazam would probably be out of their budget, not sure how they would work without making it into a stereotypical teen drama. A cross country traveling Billy Batson would be amazing.

Wiktor

A dr. fate show would be cool if they decide to go a magic route. Shazam would probably be out of their budget, not sure how they would work without making it into a stereotypical teen drama. A cross country traveling Billy Batson would be amazing.

I'm hoping NBC's Constantine show will deliver me all the sick magic DC universe offers, or rather all the sick magic Vertigo did.

I deleted the chin derail and added this to the OP.
The sniping regarding Katie Cassidy's appearance continues to be incredibly mean-spirited and derail the thread. There's plenty of other things to talk about with respect to Arrow, so stop the idiotic chin jokes and let's discuss something else.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Moving on...

I have gazed upon the Glory that is the Salmon Ladder and decided to Marathon the first season of Arrow during my days out of Class....now I am hooked....may I join this group of people who enjoy this show in discussion about said show?

nomis

can we not do this stupid doge meme in Arrowgaf please

As you wish.

Is it a recurring annoyance? I'm new around here.

EDIT: By the way I also never intended to spam it, the image was a one-off retort to the idea that liquified "super ancient" herbs as a cure for all things up to and including death is somehow not alchemy. Therefore making the show more grounded or something. It's magic.

Omega

Banned
As you wish.

Is it a recurring annoyance? I'm new around here.

EDIT: By the way I also never intended to spam it, the image was a one-off retort to the idea that liquified "super ancient" herbs as a cure for all things up to and including death is somehow not alchemy. Therefore making the show more grounded or something. It's magic.

Thankfully it hasn't made it's way into Arrowgaf (at least I haven't noticed it, maybe it shows up during the days I don't come to the thread) but it's pretty much everywhere, and the meme sucks.

You had me until that. Smarter in what way? How he deals with criminals, or book smarts?

With Criminals. He is a detective remember? Probably should've made that clear. Dick is his own hero he's just got the good qualities of Peter(and some of the guilt ridden ones but that's more Bat drama than anything.)

Nightwing cameo in Arrow pls. If we can't have Bruce give us one of his sons.

Clevinger

Assuming they want to try spinning off another show, and assuming The Flash is a success like Arrow, I think they'd be more likely to introduce/spinoff Zatanna or other magic/scifi characters from the Flash show.

How about no magic and we gave an Arrow/Gotham crossover. Make this universe one where Batman is a kid and Oliver is the first legit vigilante and Barry is the first legit superhero

Imagine Ben McKenzie working out with Amell.

With Criminals. He is a detective remember? Probably should've made that clear. Dick is his own hero he's just got the good qualities of Peter(and some of the guilt ridden ones but that's more Bat drama than anything.)

Nightwing cameo in Arrow pls. If we can't have Bruce give us one of his sons.

With criminals, I will agree. But Peter is leagues ahead of him in book smarts.

With criminals, I will agree. But Peter is leagues ahead of him in book smarts.

Of course, Parker is a genius. Dick isn't gonna create any gadgets(that isn't already apart of his repertoire) or think his way through something scientifically like Peter would. He has Oracle for all that. Dick just relies on instinct and the stuff Bruce has taught him.

Wait can Arrow even use anything Gotham related?

nomis

How about no magic and we gave an Arrow/Gotham crossover. Make this universe one where Batman is a kid and Oliver is the first legit vigilante and Barry is the first legit superhero

Why would Jim Gordon be working out with Green Arrow?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

Gotham is looking like a hot turd. Keep it away from Arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom