• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait did you mean Gotham as in "Bat Books" or Gotham as in that thing that they are doing that will suck?

I mean as in any characters related to just Gotham. I remember they couldn't use Bruce or any of the cast in Gotham thanks to the Bat Emargo in a lot of media. Its why Green Arrow was in Smallville instead of Batman.

pants

I mean as in any characters related to just Gotham. I remember they couldn't use Bruce or any of the cast in Gotham thanks to the Bat Emargo in a lot of media. Its why Green Arrow was in Smallville instead of Batman.

They had Huntress, you cant really get more Gotham than that.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Episode 15 is called "The Promise" and its all about Katie Cassidy's Laurel and Ollie

"Before flying here I watched episodes 14 and 15. There's a scene between Katie Cassidy and I in episode 14 that I'm incredibly proud of and as a whole... the episode 15 is called "The Promise"... and as a whole I was just blown away by that episode. I actually bought wi-fi on the plane yesterday so that I could be in email with the producers and the director just to say I'm very proud to be a part of this. Our 15th episode is by far our best episode of the series."
Watch
the writers drag Katie by her hair again.
EVERY TIME somebody says
Laurel's going to have a big, important episode she ends up shitting the bed.

Watch
EVERY TIME somebody says

cryhappy.gif

Finally all caught up with Arrow.

What an amazing show. Who would have thunk it? I was ready to write this off as another failed attempt at a hero show but yeah, no this is amazing. So glad I didn't listen to my instincts.

Tabby

Watch
EVERY TIME somebody says

At this point I think she's just beyond saving.

Also,
Arrow Episode 2x18 is filming. Co-written by @DrewZachary and directed by @guynormanbee pic.twitter.com/E7iR64AqZ8

— Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) February 12, 2014
Episode 18 is called "Deathstroke", hype?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The synopsis of the next episode (Time of Death) is out. I'm not sure if it was posted already.

Warning: Spoilers abound.

Oliver brings Sara into the Arrow's team. Watching Oliver and Diggle spar with Sara and talk about old scars, Felicity starts to feel left out. The team is investigating a villain named William Tockman, a.k.a. The Clock King, who is a brilliant thief armed with technology that can open any bank vault in Starling City. After The Clock King infiltrates the computer systems in the lair, Felicity feels pressure to prove her worth. When she gets a lead on Tockman's whereabouts, she heads out without the team, putting her in peril. Meanwhile, Oliver throws Sara a welcome home party, but Laurel refuses to attend. After Quentin makes his case for a family dinner, Laurel acquiesced, but when Oliver shows up with Sara, she loses her temper on both of them.

They are totes paving
Felicity's
exit towards Central City, aren't they? Also, lol @
Laurel.
Oh, to be a fly in the writing room.

Tabby

The synopsis of the next episode (Time of Death) is out. I'm not sure if it was posted already.

They are totes paving
Felicity's
Laurel.

I feel like I've seen that before, oh well.

Yeah these previews and synopses always reveal everything.
The Clock King for Suicide Squad then?

Subitai

They are totes paving
Felicity's
Laurel.
So,
Sara's survival is going to become public then. Wow, if they really do shift Emily to the Flash show =O

Good thing I'm personally invested in the women's ice hockey team, or I wouldn't be able to stand the wait.

DieH@rd

Banned
I would be totally OK if Felicity switches shows, even if its more than short term. Lets say, first half of Flash S1 season.

Clevinger

Yeah, there's some heavy stuff in there. I'm not even sure how they released so much information about the episode.

The CW (and maybe other networks?) give out these detailed summaries for it seems every episode a few weeks before they air. here's one for Vampire Diaries:

GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS — As Damon’s (Ian Somerhalder) behavior escalates from destructive to deadly, Stefan (Paul Wesley) begins to regret their last conversation and decides to track Damon down and intervene. For reasons of her own, Elena (Nina Dobrev) volunteers to come along. Dr. Wes (guest star Rick Cosnett) enlists the Travelers to set a trap that will once again test Damon’s friendship with Enzo (guest star Michael Malarkey). After a heart-to-heart talk with Nadia (guest star Olga Fonda), Matt (Zach Roerig) enlists Caroline (Candice Accola) and Tyler’s (Michael Trevino) help to protect Elena, leading to a violent confrontation. Later, when Stefan tries to comfort a dejected Caroline, their conversation leads to a horrifying realization

Also, lol @
Laurel.

Seriously...

Khezu

Felicity and Diggle need to stay and never get killed off or leave.

The show wouldn't be the same with out them.

They do need to be used more though, they have taken the back seat for awhile because of Roy and Sara.

Woot! Time for a new epis... Oh right, goddamn Winter Olympics.

Yeah, my interest in Gotham is pretty damn near zero because I like I'm sure almost everyone else doesn't give a damn about yet another cop drama just with a gimmick of being set in Gotham before Batman exists. Kind of like Birds of Prey being set in a post-Batman "New Gotham". Crappy writing and acting aside that would be like setting a show in Metropolis without having Clark Kent/Superman.

I don't really trust FOX pulling off Gotham. They'll end up turning into just another police procedural... like NBC did to AoS :(

ABC but that isn't ABC's doing seeing as Disney owns both the ABC network and Marvel I think it goes more towards blaming the show runner and writers along with wanting to establishing the show's and their own characters, as boring and uninteresting as they may be and then there's the TV budget and who knows how many restrictions the show has with who or what it can and can't use, despite what should be a benefit, as it seems to be with Arrow and the CW being half owned by Warner Brothers with Disney owning the network, studio and most of Marvel's IPs for TV/Film.

As much as I love Arrow and how quickly the plotline moves - can't say I'm not a little upset the inevitable Deathstroke confrontation is coming this early - I'm guessing the island/modern time fight will happen concurrently and I'm wondering if there will be a place for Slade in either moving forward once the dust settles.

Blader

ABC but that isn't ABC's doing seeing as Disney owns both the ABC network and Marvel I think it goes more towards blaming the show runner and writers along with wanting to establishing the show's and their own characters, as boring and uninteresting as they may be and then there's the TV budget and who knows how many restrictions the show has with who or what it can and can't use, despite what should be a benefit, as it seems to be with Arrow and the CW being half owned by Warner Brothers with Disney owning the network, studio and most of Marvel's IPs for TV/Film.

Agents of SHIELD's problem isn't even really ABC (this is the network that aired LOST after all), it's Marvel -- specifically Jeph Loeb. He steered AoS into a more MOTW procedural show because that's what his market research and Heroes' failure (which definitely had nothing to do with him, nope) taught him. He's apparently putting Marvel's animation side through that same shitty wringer, but I don't watch so I can't really comment.

Couple that with having to work within MCU restrictions (something that Arrow doesn't have to worry about) and the general "audience-friendly" approach that Marvel wants for the show, and you've got a large chunk of what's holding AoS back right there.

Panzon

I love Felicity but Sara has been stealing the show so far. Her chemistry with Oliver is great and the fact that they can fight together makes it even better. That said, I still wanna see Olicity play out at least once and would love for her and Diggle to get better lines and be used in better ways since we've grown attached to them being the original three of team Arrow

I love Felicity but Sara has been stealing the show so far. Her chemistry with Oliver is great and the fact that they can fight together makes it even better. That said, I still wanna see Olicity play out at least once and would love for her and Diggle to get better lines and be used in better ways since we've grown attached to them being the original three of team Arrow

I wanna see Digg hook up with Lyla again.

jrDev

Holy crap, over 7000 posts? The show is that good? Smallville replacement? I held off since I thought it wouldn't be good but should I jump in?

Jump in. The water's warm, pleasant, and inviting.

You're gonna love it here.
And as weird as this thread seems, it really isn't that crazy. It all seems in jest, and discussion is usually pretty level headed about episode quality. People aren't crazy rabid and defensive in here like they were for Community in the early seasons or how many other comic adaptation discussions usually get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom