• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Felicity but Sara has been stealing the show so far. Her chemistry with Oliver is great and the fact that they can fight together makes it even better. That said, I still wanna see Olicity play out at least once and would love for her and Diggle to get better lines and be used in better ways since we've grown attached to them being the original three of team Arrow

I think we should have a new love triangle on the show.

Sara likes the ladies.

Felicity is a lady.

Sara/Felicity should become a thing.

Cue Ollie and "Radioactive".

Subitai

I love Felicity but Sara has been stealing the show so far. Her chemistry with Oliver is great and the fact that they can fight together makes it even better. That said, I still wanna see Olicity play out at least once and would love for her and Diggle to get better lines and be used in better ways since we've grown attached to them being the original three of team Arrow
I totally agree. Sara started owning the show as soon as she saved Roy. The show moves fast though so maybe the writers have already planned how Laurel will take over Sara's spot in the universe in a satisfying way. If that is the case, I'm still not looking forward to it. For me, Caity projects a warmth and "equalness" (screw my vocab) to her character's situation similar to how Stephen does with his character when they're not costumed up for crime fighting. Katy has stayed true to how her character is written, but it makes Laurel feel completely unworthy of Oliver to this point.

I think Olicty could happen not only if Sara is removed, but also if something in the future on top one of the flashbacks motivates Sara decide she can't be with Oliver.

Man, I can't believe how much I've over thought all this. This show owns me more than I realized.

nomis

I think we should have a new love triangle on the show.

Sara likes the ladies.

Felicity is a lady.

Sara/Felicity should become a thing.

Cue Ollie and "Radioactive".

NOMIS! ATTEND!

Fap-now-kiss-l.png

It hasn't happened yet! My powers only extend so far.

Clevinger

There's something that's been bugging me about Sara (besides the actress sucking), and that's how she's basically the female version of Oliver. Almost identical backstory/origin, similar scars, similar sidekick, same skill level, same personality - they even have the same taste in dangerous clingy women!

There's something masturbatory about her fucking Oliver, and she feels redundant being on the team with Oliver. I don't like it.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I hate that you guys keep bumping this

I keep expecting a new episode

Jerks

During the breaks, we tend to make up episodes in our minds. They are usually sex filled threesome Surface touching Bing searching escapades against the backdrop of solomon ladders set to Radioactive.

I'm up to episode 6 of season 2 so far and have edited together a whopping 2 hours and 30 minutes of flashbacks. I've put the pre-shipwreck undertaking scheming scenes right at the beginning and added Sara being picked up by the Amazo before Ollie gets to the island. As well as the Lance family scenes from "Heir to the Demon" which occur before and after the shipwreck. The shipwreck uses Caty as Sara since they re filmed most of the Sara scenes, although there is a single scene using the first actress for her.

It makes sense, even with the huge leaps in time. Pretty clever of the writers to refer to Laurel wanting to look for apartments with Ollie in "The Undertaking" in season 1, and then again in "Heir to the Demon".

The earliest filmed event that happens in the continuity of the show is Malcolm and Moira kiss-greeting at the Queen mansion.

Panzon

I totally agree. Sara started owning the show as soon as she saved Roy. The show moves fast though so maybe the writers have already planned how Laurel will take over Sara's spot in the universe in a satisfying way. If that is the case, I'm still not looking forward to it. For me, Caity projects a warmth and "equalness" (screw my vocab) to her character's situation similar to how Stephen does with his character when they're not costumed up for crime fighting. Katy has stayed true to how her character is written, but it makes Laurel feel completely unworthy of Oliver to this point.

I think Olicty could happen not only if Sara is removed, but also if something in the future on top one of the flashbacks motivates Sara decide she can't be with Oliver.

Man, I can't believe how much I've over thought all this. This show owns me more than I realized.
Agree with most of this but at this point I dislike Laurel so much I just wish she was written off the show. Let Sara and Felicity have all the cat fights over Oliver or introduce a new female (Huntress maybe?) to make it more intese.

Either way Im loving this show and it owns me as well just like Sara owns my fantasies

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Laurel gets consumed by her own self-hate. Looking for answers about Ollie's secrets, turns to Deathstroke, who accepts her as his pupil and molds her into a blood-thirsty assassin and partner in crime. New and drug-free Batshit Laurel wrecks havoc all over Starling City along Daddy Deathstroke and manages to pin Ollie against a wall, until Huntress comes to his help and puts an arrow through her temple. Ollie feels broken down to his very core and cuts contact with everybody but his salmon ladder, but later shares an understanding glance with Huntress, now his new foil; it was a terrible thing, but a thing that needed doing. Radioactive plays in the background.

You non-shippers are new here. ArrowGAF changes you, if you let it. One day, you're a perfectly normal every day person. The next thing you know, you're mainlining episodes of Teen Wolf to get your shirtless fix and putting the finishing touches on your latest Ollie/Roy slash masterpiece. This place is evil. You have been warned.

Or maybe that's just me.

But seriously, Teen Wolf is awesome. You should watch it.

Brief tidbit from TV Guide spoiler column:
Please share some Arrow scoop. — Jeremy

If you've also been thinking that Moira has been getting away with far too much — in particular, lying about Thea being the daughter of Malcolm Merlyn — then you're in for a real treat. "She still really hasn't had her come-to-Jesus moment, despite what you think would be rock-bottom... and that's coming," executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. Her fractured relationship with Oliver over the big lie will have far-reaching implications for every character. "The cold war between Oliver and Moira is not going to go unnoticed by anyone."

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
You caught up with the show... Now you must journey inwards... to what you really fear... it's inside you... there is no turning back. The break for the Olympics was not your fault. Your viewership is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a fan, if you devote yourself to a ship, you become something else entirely. Are you ready to begin?

Agents of SHIELD's problem isn't even really ABC (this is the network that aired LOST after all), it's Marvel -- specifically Jeph Loeb. He steered AoS into a more MOTW procedural show because that's what his market research and Heroes' failure (which definitely had nothing to do with him, nope) taught him. He's apparently putting Marvel's animation side through that same shitty wringer, but I don't watch so I can't really comment.

Couple that with having to work within MCU restrictions (something that Arrow doesn't have to worry about) and the general "audience-friendly" approach that Marvel wants for the show, and you've got a large chunk of what's holding AoS back right there.

I keep forgetting about Loeb's involvement with Marvel even though this has been brought up before. >_< He certainly has been involved with a lot of shit over the years.

You caught up with the show... Now you must journey inwards... to what you really fear... it's inside you... there is no turning back. The break for the Olympics was not your fault. Your viewership is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a fan, if you devote yourself to a ship, you become something else entirely. Are you ready to begin?

I can barely watch television.

Arrow just renewed for another season by the CW.

- EW: The CW renews FIVE dramas
Explained CW president Mark Pedowitz: &#8220;This season we&#8217;ve had great success with our new hit series The Originals paired with Supernatural, giving us our best Tuesday nights in years. The Vampire Diaries is #2 in its time period in the young adult demos, and with Arrow continuing to gain among young men, and Reign growing its time period, we now have strong nights on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I&#8217;m very pleased to announce early pickups for all five series, and let our fans know they&#8217;ll have more great drama to look forward to next season.&#8221;

Yeah, we probably won't know if TTP survives to a second season or not until the ratings come in for its new time slot. The show might finally be doing something interesting, if the last ten or whatever episodes continue to improve over the first half of the season I'll be a bit disappointed if it doesn't survive.

Oh man, I just recognized what is in your avatar. lol

Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom