• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

That could be possible, but
the mask is just too close to the scarecrow mask, tattered at the bottom, and the weird mouth. Also next week is Halloween..

I am just happy that ridiculous, psycho for no reason Laurel is over and done with. Her accepting her part in Tommy's death was good. It was only a couple of episodes, but had already worn out its welcome.

That Ra's Al Ghul shout out was amazing. Also, was that
Scarecrow
in the next episode preview? If so, that's going to be awesome for Halloween.

Penguin

I hate comparing shows

But I watch Agents of Shield on delay... and watching them the same day.. it's just hard not to compare them.. and see how Arrow is running circles around it. :(

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Bat-embargo be damned!

Let the games begin!

I hate comparing shows

But I watch Agents of Shield on delay... and watching them the same day.. it's just hard not to compare them.. and see how Arrow is running circles around it. :(
It's like night and day between those shows. Can we blame Jeph Loeb in some way?

It's like night and day between those shows.

Can we blame Jeph Loeb in some way?

That is who I am blaming. SHIELD just needs to start doing something, ANYTHING with the story. It is just going nowhere, and slowly. The nice thing with Arrow is that it just keeps moving and doesn't slow down for anything.

Now that the Ra's bomb has been dropped, can we start the campaign to get David Warner to reprise the role? He was the best Ra's.
Animated_Ra's_al_Ghul.jpg

So if Ra's, League of Assassins, and maybe
Scarecrow
are on the show, that makes the future of this show way more interesting. Who's next? Black Mask? Lady Shiva? There are so many cool possibilities now

Tabby

720p version here
Doesn't look like scarecrow to be honest. After reading the preview for next week's episode I'm more certain that Black Canary is Sarah, idk, I hope I'm wrong

I'm so glad Laurel finally admitted it's her fault, it was starting to annoy me.
One of hte best episodes tonight.

wildfire

Banned
Slade is such a softy. I can't believe he followed Ollie back into the hellstorm.

Shame what happened as a result in that lapse in self preservation. It would be a decent reason for him to start becoming Deathstroke.

Penguin

It's sad that the Agents of Shield thread is nearly 4x this one. :(

And I don't hate the show, but I feel like being part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is holding back its potential so much

Rokam

Slade is such a softy. I can't believe he followed Ollie back into the hellstorm.

Shame what happened as a result in that lapse in self preservation. It would be a decent reason for him to start becoming Deathstroke.

It's great, keep telling Ollie to not get attached, gets attached to Ollie and ends up getting a nice explosion to the face.

was that his face burning or his hands? anyways fuck island ollie for getting slade hurt like that.

i'm sad that the comraderie on the island may soon be coming to an end.

good episode. detective lance has become a far better character this season now that he's on green arrow's side.

black canary is a bit wooden, will have to see her personality outside of the mask before she beats felicity for waifu status. because right now god daaamn at her outfit and those moves.

ra's al ghul mention is surprising as fuck. well i guess that means Malcolm Merlyn was trained by him.
edit: way better than last week's hyped disappointing episode. somebody's gotta gif that scene of ollie sticking the landing right after he puts some arrows in the doll guy. fucking badass.

fuck man even thea and roy have gotten better this season. only character that has somehow regressed even further is laurel lmao. just worse acting from her this season and also she's become more intolerable.

Ra's Al Ghul and League of Assassin's name drop in the ep make it super awesome .
Way better than last week ep also Arrow won't kill but black canary there for that .
She seem like fun so far .

The Cowboy

That was a great episode, I swear I let out a noise when Ra's was mentioned. Who knows, perhaps in season 4 we''ll get the Dark Knight in Starling City for a holiday or something.

And praise the lord, I don't have the urge to slap Laurel anymore (well for a week at least).

That is who I am blaming. SHIELD just needs to start doing something, ANYTHING with the story. It is just going nowhere, and slowly. The nice thing with Arrow is that it just keeps moving and doesn't slow down for anything.

SHIELD like those weekly cop shows with slow ass storytelling where they tell you stuff every few weeks.
It sucks and the show should be better pace than that , truth is i stop watching most tv shows like that i just don't enjoy them .

Weenerz

Banned
I loved the way they showed off Black Canarys screech, using a gadget instead of a power is awesome. Ra's and the league, O M G! This show is so much better than Agents of Shield.

TDLink

Wow what an episode. I'm totally on board with Ra's Al Ghul as the season villain. Extremely surprised DC is allowing major Batman villains onto this show, but I'm completely excited about it.

That was a pretty fun episode. I'm glad that the Arrow hating Laurel has disappeared and that every character had something to do. Ra's al Ghul's name being mentioned in the show was amazing and it's great that they're tying it up with the Black Canary story.

I swear to god all they have to do is get Ben Affleck in the Batsuit and make a 10 second cameo, no action, just talking, maybe detective talk. This show would blow up to monumental heights.

Who didn't see that beginning coming lol
Overall it was great episode. Get to see chest hair make a guest appearance and Laurel crying face lol.
Then Ra drop.
Yesterday Shield episode lol

valeo

Only up to ep 2, but I thought that was one of the best in the series. Thought it'd take a dip this season, but it's actually getting better. Think Amell still isn't a great actor, but he's getting better,

finally that Laurel irrational hate is going away. God it made her more annoying than usual
disappointing that Dollmaker was kill though :( and wasn't able to kill Laurel too
that was great way to get Black Canarys to use the her scream.
and island oliver is a bitch, hope next episode is them doing type of prison escape

:lol Laurel was such a dick to her dad, but that seems to be subsiding now. Very fun episode tonight.

I'm sorry though but I cracked up at Thea's text to Roy:

"WHERE R U LAUREL KIDNAPPED!!!!! I NEED U!!!!!"

Rokam

:lol Laurel was such a dick to her dad, but that seems to be subsiding now. Very fun episode tonight.

I'm sorry though but I cracked up at Thea's text to Roy:

"WHERE R U LAUREL KIDNAPPED!!!!! LOL!!! I NEED U!!!!!"

Made it better.

CryptiK

Dunno much about the comic book mythology, but

Black Canary is Laurel's sister, right?

I think in the comic BC IS Laurel but the way that Moira said something about secrets yet to be revealed then the cut to Black Canary happened makes me suss that the show runners are throwing us in the wrong direction

DominoKid

- Ollie & the detective on their buddy cop shit was hilarious. All he had to do was rip the hood off really quick and he'd know it was Ollie.
- Pike is a dick.
- the Canary Cry ball is neat.
- the Dollmaker is some sick shit.
- Roy's parkour is always hilarious.
- yes Laurel it's all your fault.

great episode overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom