• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I wonder is how the fuck Sara thought it would actually be a good idea to bring Olli to that dinner and make it obvious you are doing him.
From her point of view she secretly went on a cruise with her sisters boyfriend [that she had a crush on probably before Laurel]...fucked him [not the first time, I'm sure]... [almost died, was rescued, but had to live a false life to survive]disappeared for a real long time..[she was taken in by a League of Assassins, went Lesbian... because of "prison rules" , eventually escaped this life of assassination]..returned but hid her presence for her sister [hid her presence from everyone for their own safety]...shows herself finally [to save first her dad, and then her sister]...the reunion goes wrong (to be expected)...they have a dinner together...and she decides to invite Ollie [because, well, why not?]... and make it obvious they are back together [she was going to find out eventually, might as well be infront of the family where it won't get physical and only had to be said once]. How is that not a real slap in the face of her sister?

I kinda fixed that for you.
Ollie's truth bomb was truth. Laurel didn't have it nearly as hard as either Ollie or Sarah and she will likely never know what they really had to go through. Her constant whining and pining, her turn to drugs and alcohol, her blaming everyone else for all of her current problems of the past 1.5 years is all bullshit and she needs to get a grip on her life.

A lot of what Laurel was going though makes sense and I'm glad that she has come to terms with all of it and is willing to let it go now. She had a long time to get over a lot of this stuff, but those wounds were suddenly just ripped back open and laid out right in front of her as if to mock her, but those are her issues, and only her issues. No one was wishing any harm upon her by doing what makes them happy. So I am very glad that she can move forward now, because her circling the drain with all that misplaced hate and anger was getting very tiresome.

Dawg

Don't forget Laurel called the cops when Sara went to Olivers party back when they were teens. She must have known Sara had a crush on Ollie!

And the next day Laurel gets together with Oliver.

Laurel = villain

I kinda fixed that for you.
Ollie's truth bomb was truth. Laurel didn't have it nearly as hard as either Ollie or Sarah and she will likely never know what they really had to go through. Her constant whining and pining, her turn to drugs and alcohol, her blaming everyone else for all of her current problems of the past 1.5 years is all bullshit and she needs to get a grip on her life.

A lot of what Laurel was going though makes sense and I'm glad that she has come to terms with all of it and is willing to let it go now. She had a long time to get over a lot of this stuff, but those wounds were suddenly just ripped back open and laid out right in front of her as if to mock her, but those are her issues, and only her issues. No one was wishing any harm upon her by doing what makes them happy. So I am very glad that she can move forward now, because her circling the drain with all that misplaced hate and anger was getting very tiresome.

The actual incidents that Sara and Ollie went through don't have relevance to Laurel's problems or what she resorted to as a result of those problems. Most of your "fixes" are actually just petty justifications.

"Sara had a crush on him first." So what? He was engaged to Laurel. Having a crush doesn't excuse that MASSIVE betrayal.

"had to live a false life to survive" What false life?

"Sara became lesbian because of prison rules" What? That is entirely a creation of your own imagination. Sara explained her realationship as wanting to be with someone who genuinely cared for her.

'hid her presence for everyone's safety" Except her hiding didn't make them safe at all. In fact her leaving the League is what put them in danger in the first place. This also has no relevance to Laurel's problems.

Sara invites Ollie "because why the hell not?" Again.. what? The initial reunion went awful because her secret tryst with Ollie wrecked their whole family in a number of ways. Bringing Oliver was the worst possible move she could make. Even not going at all would've been more respectful to the rest of the family.

What Ollie and Sara went through was nuts. It was dangerous and difficult and they emerged from the fire forged into stronger people.. but they both also had other strong people to rely on and to help them along the way. Laurel's problems aren't nearly as dangerous but they're deep seeded emotional problems and she had almost no one to help her through them. Dad was a drunken mess and Mom bounced. Presumably the only person there for her in any capacity was Tommy... and his death is what finally caused her downward spiral.

Comparatively.. despite everything Ollie is supposed to have learned through is Island experience.. everytime he learns about his Mother's transgressions he loses his shit. What he's doing to his mother is exactly the same thing that Laurel is doing to her family. The difference is, Ollie's got a Salmon ladder and a city of baddies to beat the crap out of and Laurel turned to booze and pills. Hero or not though, let's not act like becoming a vigilante is a healthy outlet for his issues.

At the end of the day, Ollie's speech was hypocritical as hell. It comes off as a "truth bomb" or whatever only because people hate Laurel's characterization and Ollie/Sara's brand of crazy is encouraged because they're heroes.

wildfire

Banned
They better not permanently kill off Slade Wilson by the end of this. Manu is just too good in the role.

They didn't even have the balls to kill off Merlyn. Your bromance is secure.

The actual incidents that Sara and Ollie went through don't have relevance to Laurel's problems or what she resorted to as a result of those problems. Most of your "fixes" are actually just petty justifications.

"Sara had a crush on him first." So what? He was engaged to Laurel. Having a crush doesn't excuse that MASSIVE betrayal.

"Sara became lesbian because of prison rules" What? That is entirely a creation of your own imagination. Sara explained her realationship as wanting to be with someone who genuinely cared for her.

'hid her presence for everyone's safety" Except her hiding didn't make them safe at all. In fact her leaving the League is what put them in danger in the first place. This also has no relevance to Laurel's problems.

Sara invites Ollie "because why the hell not?" Again.. what? The initial reunion went awful because her secret tryst with Ollie wrecked their whole family in a number of ways. Bringing Oliver was the worst possible move she could make. Even not going at all would've been more respectful to the rest of the family.

What Ollie and Sara went through was nuts. It was dangerous and difficult and they emerged from the fire forged into stronger people.. but they both also had other strong people to rely on and to help them along the way. Laurel's problems aren't nearly as dangerous but they're deep seeded emotional problems and she had almost no one to help her through them. Dad was a drunken mess and Mom bounced. Presumably the only person there for her in any capacity was Tommy... and his death is what finally caused her downward spiral.

Comparatively.. despite everything Ollie is supposed to have learned through is Island experience.. everytime he learns about his Mother's transgressions he loses his shit. What he's doing to his mother is exactly the same thing that Laurel is doing to her family. The difference is, Ollie's got a Salmon ladder and a city of baddies to beat the crap out of and Laurel turned to booze and pills. Hero or not though, let's not act like becoming a vigilante is a healthy outlet for his issues.

At the end of the day, Ollie's speech was hypocritical as hell. It comes off as a "truth bomb" or whatever only because people hate Laurel's characterization and Ollie/Sara's brand of crazy is encouraged because they're heroes.

Denzel_boom.gif

ReiGun

2425156-the+rock+clapping.gif

Wonderfully said.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

pulga

Banned
via Stephen Amellbook
Quick reminders.

1. Don't post spoilers anywhere on the page. I'll ban you and won't feel bad about it.

2. Please do post links to mean spirited poorly written reviews of the show, because they always make me smile. Seriously.

3. Don't call the customer service line at Air Canada unless you hate yourself.

4. You are not going to believe this weeks episode. I Promise.

1349618399963.gif

via Stephen Amellbook
Quick reminders.

1. Don't post spoilers anywhere on the page. I'll ban you and won't feel bad about it.

2. Please do post links to mean spirited poorly written reviews of the show, because they always make me smile. Seriously.

1349618399963.gif

Amell-hype has a 99% success rate.

I sometimes wonder if we should link this thread to Amell.

Tugatrix

via Stephen Amellbook
Quick reminders.

1349618399963.gif

Amell only failed that Bronze Tiger episode, so in Amell we trust, go full steam hype train

Except his paragraph that I "kinda fixed" was from Sarah's perspective, as stated in the post I quoted.
Some of the comments were made jokingly like "prison rules" just incase the sarcasm want detected.

It may be hypocritical coming from Ollie, but it was still true. Her recent self destructive behavior was of her own doing, no one else's.

Dawg

Reminds me, I love how some of the "weekly villains" are actors from 'pretty popular' tv shows. Clock king (T-Bag) from Prison Break and Dodger (Gaius Baltar) from Battlestar Galactica were good casting choices.

And anyone else noticing the amount of Spartacus actors? First Crixus, then Naevia v2 and now Mira (Ra's al Ghuls daughter) :p

Except his paragraph that I "kinda fixed" was from Sarah's perspective, as stated in the post I quoted.
Some of the comments were made jokingly like "prison rules" just incase the sarcasm want detected.

And my statements were pointing out how even from Sara's perspective, they're just petty justifications. They don't make any logical sense. I didn't catch your sarcasm.

It may be hypocritical coming from Ollie, but it was still true. Her recent self destructive behavior was of her own doing, no one else's.

The thing is, whether it's true or not, it's pot and kettle making it a ridiculous rant for Ollie to make. Chastising her when he's guilty of similar actions makes him look worse since he's looking down on her for it.

I don't recall Laurel ever blaming anyone else for her behavior. She's lashing out at them, sure, but in Ollie and Sara's case it's justified. Her Dad was the only one who didn't deserve her venom.

Whoa. Loved that episode.

Felicity being a hero and getting a new scar.

Ollie putting Laurel in her place and telling her "I'll pay for your drink."

Arrow sliding down the stairs.

Slade making his presence known!

More screen time for Diggle.

So awesome!

Edit: Also, the music playing when the Clock King hacked into their computers was pretty epic. It had clock bells tolling or something.

Panzon

Just saw the episode. Slade continues to outshine everyone and I fall in love with Sara more and more with each episode. Im really wishing they disregard the comics and keep Sara as the BC. Forget Laurel and find a way to get her off the show already

Lyonaz

I must say my favourite part in the episode was when Sin saw Sarah and hugged her all excited and Thea and Roy questioned if they knew each other.

Sarah: Uhm no, we don't.
Sin: Oh right, I love it when people come back from the dead. You know, juices my zombie fetish.

And then the look Sin gave like WTF did I just say?! followed by that apologetic look while mouthing sorry to Sarah.

I hope they give us more of Sin and Sarah.

I don't recall Laurel ever blaming anyone else for her behavior. She's lashing out at them, sure, but in Ollie and Sara's case it's justified. Her Dad was the only one who didn't deserve her venom.

I know the beginning of her downward spiral (aka "Character Assassination") Arc was blaming Arrow for Tommy's death.
"Why didn't you save him!! it's your fault Tommy is dead!!"
That was just outright ridiculous (as Tommy was only there to save Laurel from trying to save her files.... for a job she didn't know she wouldn't even have anymore) and it took way too long for her to accept the blame for that... I think that's where the drinking and drugs started wasn't it?

and I'm not saying I don't understand why Laurel was mad, I would be pissed too in her situation, and a lot of her reaction towards Sarah, Ollie and Daddy Lance may have some justification, but some of it was over the top and for as fast as this show moves, that story has been going on for far too long.

edit: Oh and Ollie being hypocritical has happened at least once before. He has sat on his high horse and looked down on those that do exactly as him on more than one occasion.

I know the beginning of her downward spiral (aka "Character Assassination") Arc was blaming Arrow for Tommy's death.
"Why didn't you save him!! it's your fault Tommy is dead!!"
That was just outright ridiculous (as Tommy was only there to save Laurel from trying to save her files.... for a job she didn't know she wouldn't even have anymore) and it took way too long for her to accept the blame for that... I think that's where the drinking and drugs started wasn't it?

Yup. That's misplaced blame but not blaming him for her behavior.

and I'm not saying I don't understand why Laurel was mad, I would be pissed too in her situation, and a lot of her reaction towards Sarah, Ollie and Daddy Lance may have some justification, but some of it was over the top and for as fast as this show moves, that story has been going on for far too long.

edit: Oh and Ollie being hypocritical has happened at least once before. He has sat on his high horse and looked down on those that do exactly as him on more than one occasion.

I don't know how over the top it is. To shit all over the initial reunion was definitely immature but it wasn't as if it wasn't deserved. Just the absolute wrong moment to do that kind of thing. And yes, it's been drug on way too long.

Ollie being a hypocrite is his most prominent character flaw, so it's suits his character that he was being a hypocrite with that rant but what I was pointing out was that his "truth bomb" wasn't really a "truth bomb" at all.

Panzon

I'm sure there'll be a lengthy scene of Sin cradling Sara's corpse in her arms after Slade kills her.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Why did you put this image in my head Damnit!?

I refuse to believe my sexy queen Sara won't stay alive for the remainder of this lovely gem of a show. Get outta here with that noise

JDSN

Banned
As good as all the twists, the family drama and the island stuff was I felt it got in the way of making this episode good, the clock king was the best one episode villain of the series so far and deserved the undivided focus of the episode, the actor really sold him as a realistic different kind of threat even tho he had two run in with the team and got caught.

I felt like a total dipshit when my reaction after Felicity getting shot was thanking the cameraman for still managing to maintain that ass on focus. WHAT HAVE I BECOME?

Kevin

Finally watched the recent episode and thought it was really good. Of course that ending was awesome. Arrow doesn't mess around. This whole season has been really good so far.

arrow's best episode yet? just caught up with last night's ep. so many things went on. damn. really good episode. it had at least 4 plots.

Dawg

Ivo is going to reveal Olivers secret, right? I'm pretty sure he's going to tell Slade with his last dying breath.

Effect

I still have a problem with that direction. Ollie didn't really pick Sara over Shado. I've always felt he would have motioned toward either one if the gun was pointed on them. Now maybe I'm remembering incorrectly but Ivo was going back and forth between the two and then stopped and pointed at Sara right? Or did Ollie only react when it was pointed at Sara. I've been recalling him doing the former not picking Sara. So if the gun stopped and pointed at Shado he would have motioned toward her in that moment. He didn't want either of them to die. If anything he likely would have wanted himself shot.

Though I could be completely wrong and need to see the scene again.

Replicant

I'm sure there'll be a lengthy scene of Sin cradling Sara's corpse in her arms after Slade kills her.

In his ultimate revenge, Deathstroke killed Sara, shot Felicity forcing her to be in wheelchair for good, all while doing it in front of a tied up and gagged Oliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom