• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
He's talking about Tommy.
iokAx1eJQeFqS.gif

So me and my roommate tried watching this first episode of this and its pretty bad. We stopped half way through. Does it get better?

If I said yes, and then pointed to the almost 8000 post in the thread for season 2, would you continue watching to find out if I was lying?

and Felicity is so absolutely adorable in this episode. I noticed that no one gif'd the part where she wanted to snuggle Diggle's hand.

Tabby

So me and my roommate tried watching this first episode of this and its pretty bad. We stopped half way through. Does it get better?
The second half of season 1 is significantly better than the first half of season 1 while season 2 has been nothing short of amazing but I'd say watch it until episode 6 or 7, if you still don't like it it's not your cup of tea.

Did anyone noticed the Blue Devil reference?
blue-devil2.png

blue-devil.jpg

I had to look this up since I am not familiar with most of DC outside of the their starting line-up. But does this mean that Arrow might start taking a turn towards the supernatural in season 3?

Blue Devil is stuntman and special effects genius Daniel Cassidy, who after an encounter with the demon Nebiros, found himself stuck in the very exo-suit he created for a movie called The Blue Devil. He would later find himself turned into a real demon.

WIth Ras & his Lazarus Pit to eventually make an appearance, would it be possible that they are just gonna go for it and introduce demons? or maybe some sort of accident (like Barry) that traps a stunt man in the suit? another possible spin off series in the early stages of planning? or could it just be an easter egg for DC fans to notice?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the outburst, but that was my reaction after just catching up with last night's ep.

If I said yes, and then pointed to the almost 8000 post in the thread for season 2, would you continue watching to find out if I was lying?

and Felicity is so absolutely adorable in this episode. I noticed that no one gif'd the part where she wanted to snuggle Diggle's hand.
We didn't get any gifs. Who's that brah that usually did the gig dumps? Where he go?

I guess it's just me but I found Felicity's dialogue in this episode to be too obvious, making it come across corny/cliche. Mostly the front end dialogue as it wasn't as bad at toward the end of the ep.

Wiktor

WIth Ras & his Lazarus Pit to eventually make an appearance, would it be possible that they are just gonna go for it and introduce demons? or maybe some sort of accident (like Barry) that traps a stunt man in the suit? another possible spin off series in the early stages of planning? or could it just be an easter egg for DC fans to notice?

I would be fine with magic as long as it's introduced properly. I hated the idea of powers, but they won me over. I'm sure they would be able to do the same with magic.

Plus it would mean we could get Zatanna on the show and then, since Arrow loves to draw from Spartacus' pool of talent, we could get Viva Bianca to play her ^_^

Let's keep NSFW content out of the thread, please. Thanks.

You've read Wozzly's fan fics right?

Anyway I've caught up with the rest of the thread now. My thoughts.

Great episode. And they're only going to get better!
Knepper was a brilliant villain, more please.
Thinking about it, I don't think Olicity is ever going to happen.
Nice touch about the link with Sin, but that along with Sara getting it on with Ollie, and reconciling with Laurel, just leads me to think even more that she's going to die.
I know most people hate Laurel, but I believe there is a point to everything, and her story will come around. This time next season you'll all be wondering how you could have ever not liked her.
And Slade. God damn they brought him in to the present quick. We still have 9 episodes to go! Where the hell will they be taking it in that time?

Also I found out Manu is in London right now. Off to go stalk him, laters.

Holy Fuck!

Kinda wished I'd watched this one live.

Freaking best episode so far.

Slade swagger at the end too o_O

If they don't try to interconnect the movie universe with this one they are losing the best possible actor to play Slade Wilson. At the minimum if they ever use him in movies Manu needs the part. They can skirt around the two universes, but it would be a literal crime for him not to get the chance to play him on the big screen.

Chuckie

I loved the episode! But I am not totally agreeing with the opinions on Laurel in this topic. Or Ollie's 'truthbomb'.

How can you NOT expect Laurel to be totally pissed off in this situation?

Fiance dies
Sister dies
You find out sister was fucking fiance
Ex-fiance returns
Sister returns (but fails to tell you)
You host a dinner because daddy wants to get back to mommy
Which fails
You find out your sister is fucking the ex-fiance again.
Then Oliver starts whining (yeah it was whining) that he has a hard time too with his family..and that SHE sought the death penalty for his mommy (aka doing her job)

What I wonder is how the fuck Sara thought it would actually be a good idea to bring Olli to that dinner and make it obvious you are doing him.
From her point of view she secretly went on a cruise with her sisters boyfriend...fucked him... disappeared for a real long time....returned but hid her presence for her sister...shows herself finally...the reunion goes wrong (to be expected)...they have a dinner together...and she decides to invite Ollie...and make it obvious they are back together. How is that not a real slap in the face of her sister?

I loved the episode! But I am not totally agreeing with the opinions on Laurel in this topic. Or Ollie's 'truthbomb'.

How can you NOT expect Laurel to be totally pissed off in this situation?

Fiance dies
Sister dies
You find out sister was fucking fiance
Ex-fiance returns
Sister returns (but fails to tell you)
You host a dinner because daddy wants to get back to mommy
Which fails
You find out your sister is fucking the ex-fiance again.
Then Oliver starts whining (yeah it was whining) that he has a hard time too with his family..and that SHE sought the death penalty for his mommy (aka doing her job)

What I wonder is how the fuck Sara thought it would actually be a good idea to bring Olli to that dinner and make it obvious you are doing him.
From her point of view she secretly went on a cruise with her sisters boyfriend...fucked him... disappeared for a real long time....returned but hid her presence for her sister...shows herself finally...the reunion goes wrong (to be expected)...they have a dinner together...and she decides to invite Ollie...and make it obvious they are back together. How is that not a real slap in the face of her sister?

FILES, MAN, FILES.

They're stealing our fanfic and now they're stealing our gifs. What's next, they start obsessing about the wallflip?!

We are a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom