• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slade's motivation is still shitty to me regardless of how swagged out he is.

He's reminding me of Obito from Naruto, and that's not a good thing. Can't stand antagonists who turn because of unrequited love unless it's for a very justified reason. Here, it is not.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Slade's motivation is still shitty to me regardless of how swagged out he is.

He's reminding me of Obito from Naruto, and that's not a good thing. Can't stand antagonists who turn because of unrequited love unless it's for a very justified reason. Here, it is not.

I think it kinda works for me, when Olly explained what really happened he said "I don't care", it's not about Shado, that was just a trigger that made Olly the focus of the rage that is a side-effect of the mirakuru.

Wiktor

But why would Slade still be chasing after Ollie if that's truth. Unless he doesn't know for some reason, and if that's the case, why don't they just fucking tell him. xD

They propably also don't know :) Honestly. I wonder if the writers just didn't screw up one of past details. I mean, Oliver is obviously over Shado's death on the island by this point in the flashbacks and he's got propably a nice bit of torture ahead of him. I don't see why would he get a Shado tattoo so much later

Joni

Deadshot isn't that bad. I like how hilariously hammy his delivery is. Kinda reminds me of Count Vertigo (RIP). I dunno, I like Deadshot. He's got a slimy, snake thing about him.
Indeed. I don't read the comics so I don't know how he is supposed to be, but I find him a very fun character. I certainly wouldn't mind him appearing more.

Blader

Compare Merlyn's motivation for wanting to destroy the Glades, it really doesn't make much sense (to us) either.

But there are several parts in season 1 where Merlyn explains the love he had for his wife, and the horrible way she died. It all culminated in the second to last episode, where Tommy asks "So you kill them all?" And then Merlyn shouts "Yes! All of them should die!" Maybe I'm easily convinced, maybe it was Barrowman's slightly manic delivery, but it was enough to make me believe that this guy was crazy enough to do it. Even if it didn't make sense to us, I believed that it made sense to Merlyn.

Sara said it herself, love is the most powerful emotion :p

Malcolm's loss was his wife, though. Slade's was a girl he liked who friendzoned him.

I also really liked that scene, really sold me on Barrowman's performance as a villain.

So here's a video from Cassidy Alexa's twitter page.
Apparently it's 100% true, Harley Quinn making a cameo, if she gets a good reaction she'll be a recurring character and he kind of confirms the rumous about Nightwing?
But it's just a random guy on the internet so whatever.

This guy is... weirding me out.

"I can confirm this to be true."

Who the hell is this guy? Random Internet Guy. He probably just read speculation on GAF and made a video.

Boy. Is that you?

Kard8p3

Small inconsistency that I've noticed. First time Sarah saw Ollie's costume in Starling City, she said last time she saw the hood was when Shado was wearing it. But we saw in this episode that she clearly saw Ollie wearing it.

Also damn @ having Diggle flashbacks next episode. I really wanna find out how the island storyline progresses.

Nah she said the first time she saw the hood was when shado was wearing it.

Well that's reassuring.

Well, given Arrow's track record, it's one of three possibilities:

1) She absolutely nailed the audition. If there's one thing Arrow does right, it is casting. You know... Huntress aside, and even then, that was more of a technical issue.

2) It's a quick cameo, that's it. They aren't doing anything with the character, and she looks the part.

3) All this speculation is for nothing,
it's not Harley Quinn.

Ten pages of speculation about "mystery character" over the week break. Five-second cameo.

Bank on it.

We still have 12 days until the next episode, man. It's a two week break.

tumblr_lsgc4gUlpX1r0ojhto1_500.gif

Ten pages of speculation about "mystery character" over the week break. Five-second cameo.

Bank on it.

On any other show it's a safe bet this would happen. But on Arrow anything can and will happen. How many people expected Slade to reveal himself so quickly and in such a grandiose way ? When something is teased in Arrow it will usually appear quickly and clearly, that's what makes it so good. Cassidy Alexa looks the part and she's apparently trained as a dancer like Caity Lotz and Manu Bennett. If she's as good at the physical action as them she'll be excelllent.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
this is one of the reasons why i hate TV.

I feel like the show just came back from a break, what the hell

Well, it did. We had a break for the Olympics, got two weeks of the Olliempics, and now they've taken another week off before, presumably, running uninterrupted until the end.

Jonogunn

I have a strong feeling shado will be back but I hope not. They are bringing way too many characters back from the dead.

Merlyn, Sara, Slade.

Just checked her Twitter again, I think her number of followers has tripled since Wednesday and the ass kissing of people who just found her is amazing, well not really, goes along with the follow begging on Twitter. She might be awesome or it might just be a cameo where we just see her from the back and if used again she might not even be used though given they cast someone who does kind of have the character's look and that she has a ballet background, it's possible. *Shrug*

I couldn't get 30 seconds into that guy's video without stopping due to annoyance and going by his Twitter he's an insufferable twat...

EDIT:

Rhytm gymnastics and trained ballet dancer. Seems like a decent foundation. People often say dance is the best training for on screen fighting.

That's what I was thinking, trained dancers or anyone who already has experience with choreography has a leg up with this sort of stuff since it's pretty similar.

Just checked her Twitter again, I think her number of followers has tripled since Wednesday and the ass kissing of people who just found her is amazing, well not really, goes along with the follow begging on Twitter. She might be awesome or it might just be a cameo where we just see her from the back and if used again she might not even be used though given they cast someone who does kind of have the character's look and that she has a ballet background, it's possible. *Shrug*

I couldn't get 30 seconds into that guy's video without stopping due to annoyance and going by his Twitter he's an insufferable twat...

EDIT:

That's what I was thinking, trained dancers or anyone who already has experience with choreography has a leg up with this sort of stuff since it's pretty similar.

Thirst.

Omega

Banned
Just checked her Twitter again, I think her number of followers has tripled since Wednesday and the ass kissing of people who just found her is amazing.

it would be amazing if she isn't who everyone thinks she is.

just letting people think what they want so she gets followers

So I just wanna know right now has this show boost the overall popularity of Green Arrow. Seeing as this show is pretty successful right now

Tabby

So I just wanna know right now has this show boost the overall popularity of Green Arrow. Seeing as this show is pretty successful right now

Pretty much.
In Infinite Crisis all I can hear is "When is Green Arrow coming out?" and I read posts from people new to comics asking stuff like "How can I get started reading Green Arrow?"

Khezu

It can't be them.

Slade commented on it, he also said he was still alive.

Argus seem to be looking for Slade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom