• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
Are the comics actually as good as the TV series? And if so, how can I get into them?

I know the first three volumes of the New 52 are pretty mediocre. I'm an idiot and I wait for DC trades to come out instead of just buying single issues, but apparently from issue #17 it gets real good.

Mario007

I know the first three volumes of the New 52 are pretty mediocre. I'm an idiot and I wait for DC trades to come out instead of just buying single issues, but apparently from issue #17 it gets real good.

As someone who isn't at all into comics, is the New 52 like a new continuity? Like basically a reboot of the franchise?

pants

First time im disappointed in Arrow. The exchange between Ollie and Slade when he found out Ollie had to choose who dies is ridiculous. LETS ATTACK OLLIE AND LET IVO GET AWAY!! Whatevs though at least we can now move on.

EDIT: That includes the entire Shado setup.

Wiktor

Broadcast channels (NBC, ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, CW) like to stretch their shows season so they end during May sweeps.

I prefer when they just break the show into two half-seasons and get couple months of hiatus between them. But few networks do that anymore.

ReiGun

As someone who isn't at all into comics, is the New 52 like a new continuity? Like basically a reboot of the franchise?

That's pretty much it. Comics in the new continuity are usually labeled as such too. If you want to get into Green Arrow specifically, you can jump right in at issue #17 or get the volume 4 trade, "The Kill Machine."

91UzYkiIiRL._SL1500_.jpg

Jonogunn

She's from Vancouver. I'm from Vancouver too!

Don't worry guys I'll find her and date her and get he inside scoop for y'all. You can count on me!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I have a strong feeling shado will be back but I hope not. They are bringing way too many characters back from the dead.

Merlyn, Sara, Slade.

screw it kill sara and merlyn and give me shado in return, was the best female character on the show next to felicity and of all the females, she honestly made the most sense as a (final?) love interest for Ollie.

plus she was just a badass and the actress was great

Rokam

screw it kill sara and merlyn and give me shado in return, was the best female character on the show next to felicity and of all the females, she honestly made the most sense as a (final?) love interest for Ollie.

The fact that she's shown up twice since dying as a dream, leads me to believe we'll continue to see more of her.
Please writers...please?

This, and let her story follow her original comic's path

Hex

Banned
First time im disappointed in Arrow. The exchange between Ollie and Slade when he found out Ollie had to choose who dies is ridiculous. LETS ATTACK OLLIE AND LET IVO GET AWAY!! Whatevs though at least we can now move on.

It seems everyone but you knew that would be the outcome if he found out, Sarah and Ollie had only been talking about it constantly and the show had only been setting it up for weeks.

She's from Vancouver. I'm from Vancouver too!

Don't worry guys I'll find her and date her and get he inside scoop for y'all. You can count on me!

The hell with that. I shall win her heart before you do, as I am from Vancouver as well.

Let the games begin, mothafucka.

I miss Shado :( I hope she continues to haunt Ollie and Slade for the rest of the series, just showing up in sexy dreams, all sexy-like.

Wiktor

The hell with that. I shall win her heart before you do, as I am from Vancouver as well.

Let the games begin, mothafucka.

That would be hard....I mean, doesn't Willa Holland already have a restraining order against you? So you will have to stalk Cassidy Alexa only when she's not working, that will make the conquest diffcult.

Why? He felt betrayed by someone who thought it was his friend, almost a brother. He let Shado die, when she loved him, a fact that hurt him enough. Also his state of mind is clearly unstable since the Mirakuru, so at that moment Ollie was the person who he hated most in that room.

He's Thea's Boyfriend, he sorta had to go.
He doesn't know the Lance family that well outside of getting tied up.

Im not asking why he went to the party, im just saying a quick scene saying "Oh shit, you're that girl that came back from the Island as well, I was just at your party! Thanks for saving my life the other week, your hair looks different during the day.....oh it was a wig you say, fancy that. I just wear a red hoody and tend to punch holes in stuff. I saw a photo of you from season on...last year and you looked different and had brown hair, whats up with that?"

....Is that too much to ask?

Tabby

Im not asking why he went to the party, im just saying a quick scene saying "Oh shit, you're that girl that came back from the Island as well, I was just at your party! Thanks for saving my life the other week, your hair looks different during the day.....oh it was a wig you say, fancy that. I just wear a red hoody and tend to punch holes in stuff. I saw a photo of you from season on...last year and you looked different and had brown hair, whats up with that?"

....Is that too much to ask?
Wouldn't be surprised if it's a deleted scene, considering how fast the show moves. Wouldn't be the first scene including Roy that's been deleted.

I have binged watched the show - caught up to Episode 11 of Season 2. At this point, Slade/Roy have the Miracle.

Show's amazing, what Smallville should have been, IMO.

One thing, though. I am potentially wary of how they will portray people with superhuman powers - technically, Slade, Cyrus Gold and even Roy should easily dispatch Arrow in a one-on-one. It's becoming very hard to believe how Arrow can still save the day despite being woefully underpowered.

Are they planning on writing out Mirakuru after the Slade arc?

Tabby

So can we talk about the name of episode 20?
It's called "Seeing Red".
What does that refer to? Flash? Thea dying? Red Hood? ("Not all hoods are green")

What does that refer to? Flash? Thea dying? Red Hood? ("Not all hoods are green")
My guess is Roy/Red Arrow will lose control of his rage (maybe after Thea is murdered?). I think we can rule out The Flash since they are now saving his first appearance for the pilot.

dot

So i heard the latest episode got pretty bad ratings (0.7). That kinda sucks. Any chance it'll be adjusted up?

these constant breaks don't really help :(

Dawg

My guess is Roy/Red Arrow will lose control of his rage (maybe after Thea is murdered?). I think we can rule out The Flash since they are now saving his first appearance for the pilot.

I don't think they'll murder Thea. There have been plenty of references that she will be Speedy from the comics, the second one after Roy. She's too important to die... I think. Maybe seeing red just means Roy finally takes his role as the red arrow?

Tabby

Has that been confirmed though?
I thought they only said that episode 20 will no longer be a backdoor pilot.

Killing off Thea will maybe make Oliver reconcile things with Moira, Roy will no longer just be "That angry guy with superpowers", and we'd get a kickass season finale with Oliver and Merlyn vs Slade.

Clevinger

Killing off Thea will maybe make Oliver reconcile things with Moira, Roy will no longer just be "That angry guy with superpowers", and we'd get a kickass season finale with Oliver and Merlyn vs Slade.

I don't think it'd do #1. Roy would just be an angrier douche with superpowers. And you can still have #3 by having her kidnapped instead of killed.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

pretty sure they've said the flash will make an appearance in episode 20, it's just no longer a backdoor pilot.

Tabby

pretty sure they've said the flash will make an appearance in episode 20, it's just no longer a backdoor pilot.

Yeah, that's what I thought.
If that's the case though then that's the Flash pilot going to contain? They've already shown Flash getting hit by the lightning and now they're maybe going to show Flash with powers for the first time?

If that's the case though then that's the Flash pilot going to contain? They've already shown Flash getting hit by the lightning and now they're maybe going to show Flash with powers for the first time?

If I had to guess, that's what it would be.
save the suit for the pilot. Just have Barry come out of his coma, and discover his powers and try to cope with them while fumbling up in Starling City with guidance from Team Arrow.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I'm sure they'll start it off by perhaps giving us some scenes with young Barry, his family, etc... his life as a cop briefly, and the beginnings of his quest to find his mother's killer. Then we'll probably get the same origin clip as in Arrow or a reshot version. Just speculating though.

Yeah, the last episode's ratings bum me out. This day show deserves to get better ratings, the fact that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Has ratings that are more than twice Arrow's in the primary demo last week and I imagine regularly is a crime. But it's nice more and more people are discovering it and it's more popular than its ratings indicate.

About that episode title...
"Seeing Red" is just being used with its standard meaning, someone is probably going to lose their self control and cause shit and yeah, probably Roy related. No way they're killing Thea though I wouldn't be surprised if something happens to her but I think Malcolm is going to eventually show up and save her from Slade.

Episode 20 isn't going to be Flash related, that idea was scrapped ages ago when they went to just go into an actual pilot, which is currently being shot. I think Arrow is also shooting or finished episode 20 by now. Barry will probably wake up in the pilot and that whole deal along with controlling and exploring his powers along with establishing the characters. I do wonder if it'll just be a standard 40-45 minute episode/pilot or if they'll go the "TV Movie" like route for it for a ~90 minute/two hour pilot movie as an event and having it premiere a week before Arrow though I guess it might not matter if they did it that way or just have a two parter. I'd guess they'd start off with some of the young Barry stuff as dreams he's having in the coma.

Still makes the most sense to me for Flash and Arrow to be paired up, I could see Arrow being pushed to 9PM and Flash taking the 8PM because Flash IMO would feel more out of place at 9PM than Arrow with its hopefully lighter tone.

On a unrelated note there's some British Sci-Fi direct to video movie called The Machine coming out next month with Caity Lotz in it.
THE-MACHINE_STILL_11.jpg

Trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCdsVXsXsA

More pics and junk: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3...eashes-the-machine-trailer-stills-and-poster/

Wiktor

I have binged watched the show - caught up to Episode 11 of Season 2. At this point, Slade/Roy have the Miracle.

Show's amazing, what Smallville should have been, IMO.

One thing, though. I am potentially wary of how they will portray people with superhuman powers - technically, Slade, Cyrus Gold and even Roy should easily dispatch Arrow in a one-on-one. It's becoming very hard to believe how Arrow can still save the day despite being woefully underpowered.

Are they planning on writing out Mirakuru after the Slade arc?
Most Mirakuru people have no training, especially on the level of Oliver. So it's not surprising he can beat them. I mean, we see Black Canary beating dudes that are twice as big and twice as strong as her, all because of her training. Same principle applies here.

Slade is whole different matter though. But that's propably why it will take more than Oliver to take him down.

pants

It seems everyone but you knew that would be the outcome if he found out, Sarah and Ollie had only been talking about it constantly and the show had only been setting it up for weeks.
Passive aggressive town is elsewhere mate.

Of course I knew, how on earth could I not.

Ithil

I don't see Thea being killed off. They didn't nickname her "Speedy" for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom