• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

I thought
Laurel's mom was the original Black Canary. Or is that just Batman: The Brave and the Bold messing with me?

AFAIK, there's been three Black Canaries in the comics.

Dinah Drake
Dinah Laurel Lance (her daughter) - but I don't think Comics Laurel is anything like our Lawyer Laurel
and then in the new DC universe there's a Dinah Drake who doesn't have a daughter. I don't think Laurel is in the comics anymore.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Great episode. Everyone (except Laurel) has been even better this season. I'm so glad that Laurel seems to be off her anti Arrow stance and I hope that her character improves.

Surprised by the Ra's reference but I'm excited to see where it goes.

I am impressed that Laurel owned up to her part in it all.

Usually shows just gloss that shit over and use it as an excuse to cause drama, but damned if they didn't.

Rokam

You know serious shit is going to happen in the next few episodes, since none of the core cast hates Green Arrow.

I love this show, it's just so much fun to watch and there's some great characters. Even with how many episodes they do in a season the show has such a fast pace to it as well.

I don't mind something more fanciful like Agents of SHIELD is trying to be, but when every character just feels fake and every other line is a cringeworthy joke (they gave him a name, didn't they? cue laugh track) it just doesn't do it for me in the same way, especially when the pace is so much slower.

Clevinger

-Dylan Bruce/Hunky Lawyer has a serious case of "I'm Ron Burgundy?" going on.
-Yesss, let that chest hair breathe
-I love Sin being introduced chugging a beer and tossing it on the ground, and her ridiculous outfit and ridiculous hair. Feels like an 80s comic book version of a street girl - it's even funnier if you've seen Bex in The Killing
-This doll dude's pretty creepy
"Not my beautiful face!"
-Black Canary was lookin all badass until those pipes
-Aw, poor laurel. Sweet dumb laurel. She was much better here
-I think Lance knows the vigilante is Oliver
-Moira being a boss, staring death in the face
-oh shit, Ra's, oh shit.the island stuff finally got interesting

That was a good ep. I'm guessing Amell hyped last weeks ep so much due to the kinda crappy premiere ratings cuz that ep kinda sucked and this one was pretty good. Also, really glad they got Laurel to admit fucking up and her misplaced anger. Also also, Lotz seemed pretty good as the Canary, mostly. Outside of some dumb parts (her doing stripper moves off that long piece of cloth) she was badass. She isn't another lame ass Huntress (you can finally admit she sucked, Funky).

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I enjoyed this episode a lot! I think bringing in Lance added to their dynamic. I wouldn't mind seeing Chesthair Lance teaming up with Ollie and the gang for another go at some baddies. That Ras reference had my shocked and stoked for this season.

I love the fast pace of the show. It's like you know all the characters and now just watch them kick ass!

Boose

After reading the posts in this thread I've realized I must be the only person who doesn't like the island scenes.
I understand that its laying the pipework for future stories but for some reason I'm just bored when it flashes back.

And I freaking love Slade. I don't know whats wrong with me . :(

Amazing episode! But they did lay the geek shout outs on a little thick.

Delta Charlie 52
Channel 52
Room 52 (the one Ollie and Lance went into)
Metamorpho Industries
Ships name : Amazo

and of course Ra's

rakhir

This is the first time since Slade's introduction that the island scenes were pretty bad. The firework stuff was great for a tv show, but the whole story was kinda bad.
The scene where slade slips was pointless, Oliver running into a missle barrage absolutely stupid. Yeah, he is an idiot here, but Slade followed him and he should have known better.

Everything else in the episode was great.

the slip scene was stupid as hell. plus it looked like if ollie let go of him he'd land on his feet or fall like 1 foot onto a few rocks.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
WOW, this season is amazing thus far. I take back all I said in the past, it's almost like the writers are reading this thread with how on point they are.

1) Ollie still has it in him, interrogated/maimed that lawyer like a boss.
2) Black Canary is amazing.
3) I'm finally warming up to Laurel again, reversed her crusade and admitted to her stupidity.
4) RAS AL GHUL!!!
5) The Island/Moira mystery is drivin me nuts.
6) Lance was a great sidekick and I hope to see more of him.

What a great start to a great show. Most of all, the characters all seem to have a nice role/place in the show now, no more limbo characters like detective, roy, and Laurel last season. They are all pretty interesting and exciting to watch.

-Dylan Bruce/Hunky Lawyer has a serious case of "I'm Ron Burgundy?" going on.
-Yesss, let that chest hair breathe
-I love Sin being introduced chugging a beer and tossing it on the ground, and her ridiculous outfit and ridiculous hair. Feels like an 80s comic book version of a street girl - it's even funnier if you've seen Bex in The Killing
-This doll dude's pretty creepy
"Not my beautiful face!"
-Black Canary was lookin all badass until those pipes
-Aw, poor laurel. Sweet dumb laurel. She was much better here
-I think Lance knows the vigilante is Oliver
-Moira being a boss, staring death in the face
-oh shit, Ra's, oh shit.the island stuff finally got interesting

That was a good ep. I'm guessing Amell hyped last weeks ep so much due to the kinda crappy premiere ratings cuz that ep kinda sucked and this one was pretty good. Also, really glad they got Laurel to admit fucking up and her misplaced anger. Also also, Lotz seemed pretty good as the Canary, mostly. Outside of some dumb parts (her doing stripper moves off that long piece of cloth) she was badass. She isn't another lame ass Huntress (you can finally admit she sucked, Funky).

Yeah, I think so too. The way he looks at him, and talks to him--with that one scene about Sarah and the one at the end of the episode. It's like he knew that Ollie also blames himself, I coulda sworn he was going to say right then and there that he knew. Also by now Ollie has saved Laurel 50 times as both the vigilante and Oliver Queen (it's obvious that the Green Arrow loves her to someone like her father), plus the 360 "you know I don't mind you dating your ex-boyfriend that cheated on you and got your sister killed, he's changed." I think he knows and he'll let Ollie know sometime this season.

Hooooooooooooly shit, that episode was amazing, in so many ways, it was just fucking good.

Here's my face as the credits rolled:

PrhvOc7.gif

Ok, gonna coalesce my thoughts here:

- Buddy cop Quentin and Oliver is the best thing ever. Quentin freaking out when Oliver shot the lawyer was fucking hysterical. I want more buddy cop antics. This stuff is fucking awesome. In my head, I've just confirmed that Quentin knows Oliver is The Arrow (I don't mind this name) which makes this whole thing funnier.

- The Dollmaker was so fucking creepy. Good villain.

- Laurel finally owning up to her role in Tommy's death was good. Finally, Katie Cassidy was able to show some believable emotion!

- Black Canary HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG. I am really liking Caity Lotz here. She works that black leather. I also kinda dug the Canary Scream device. I prefer that to her having that lame-ass superpower. It actually worked quite well.

- HOLY FUCK, RA'S AL GHUL JESUS CHRIST OH MAN OH MAN SO GOOD.

- The ship is called Amazo! Ollie's in a cage! Slade lost an eye!? Hoooooooooly shit. Is this the first step in their eventual animosity?

- Death penalty? Goddamn Paul, that is harsh as fuck.

- I DEMAND MORE QUENTIN/ARROW BUDDY COP SCENES

- Roy is such a putz. Love it. Digging the characterization. He's not grating anymore!

- At first, I thought that was Oliver at the end, but then I saw it was a Merlyn-esque costume, then I thought it might be Merlyn cause of the hair, then I settled on Merlyn's half-Asian bastard son CAUSE LOOK AT THAT KID.

- RA'S AL GHUL.

- That Pike dude is such a dick. Also, no Brother Blood in this one.

And I just looked at the promo,
it is indeed Scarecrow, fuck yes!

Here's the promo.

If it is
Scarecrow
fuck yeah.

So is this becoming the
Batman
show we always wanted? Those are some top notch villains

Yeah, I'm getting hype as fuck.

This show is literally Batman now.

Isn't it awesome? Season 4, we'll use Clevinger's "Batman with a Bow" title.

This is the first time since Slade's introduction that the island scenes were pretty bad. The firework stuff was great for a tv show, but the whole story was kinda bad.
The scene where slade slips was pointless, Oliver running into a missle barrage absolutely stupid. Yeah, he is an idiot here, but Slade followed him and he should have known better.

I think Slade running into the bombardment after Oliver is his own subconscious attachment to him. That's his bro, no matter what he says.

I'm gonna cry when they become enemies.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think Slade running into the bombardment after Oliver is his own subconscious attachment to him. That's his bro, no matter what he says.

I'm gonna cry when they become enemies.

Yeah, I think they are setting up deathstroke pretty well. I'm guessing some terrible shit is going to happen to him on that ship and he's going to blame his attachment to Oliver--he let himself slip and now got caught (and probably worse) for it. That's when he straight up becomes a lone wolf cold ass mercenary that just stops caring about people. Just like with what happened with Billy Wintergreen. He trusted Billy, and got backstabbed by his partner and friend. I think it's clear that the authors are putting Slade and Ollie in a similar spot, and there's a reason they told us that story with Billy.

That's my guess anyhow. Wouldn't be surprised if Ollie chooses Shado over Slade in some save one or the other situation, or leaves him to die at some point. We'll see what happens.

rakhir

How did they botch Merlyn?

And "fake" Deathstroke? What are you even talking about? Slade is going to become Deathstroke and as far as we know he's still alive and it's been hinted he'll make his way to Starling at the end of this season or in season 3.

Yeah, i said that Merlyn was good. He totally kicked Oliver's ass, was crazy and smart and Barrowman was giving him appropriate levels of gravitas to pull that off.
By 'fake Deathstroke' I mean Billy Wintergreen, who was wearing the mask in S1. He was a great villain, a brutal badass.

The Count was wonderful, haters be damned.
Yeah, until they locked him in crazytown.

Wiktor

Damn..what an episode. Olie and chesthair team-up. Black Cannary. Ras and League of Assassins. Such a creepy villain. They also made a really nice CG model for Olie.

Also...if Olie won't be killing I will gladly accept torture..at least for now. The whole scene was hilarious. He didn't threaten the guy, just got impatient, sighed and shot the dude :D

Yeah, i said that Merlyn was good. He totally kicked Oliver's ass, was crazy and smart and Barrowman was giving him appropriate levels of gravitas to pull that off.
By 'fake Deathstroke' I mean Billy Wintergreen, who was wearing the mask in S1. He was a great villain, a brutal badass.

Yeah, until they locked him in crazytown.

He'll get out. And get a syringe glove. And make a nightmarish version of Vertigo that'll take everyone on a hell of a trip.

Damn..what an episode. Olie and chesthair team-up. Black Cannary. Ras and League of Assassins. Such a creepy villain. They also made a really nice CG model for Olie.

Also...if Olie won't be killing I will gladly accept torture..at least for now. The whole scene was hilarious. He didn't threaten the guy, just got impatient, sighed and shot the dude :D

THEY LET THE CHEST HAIR BREATHE, YEEEEEEEAH

Edit:

Person of Interest and Arrow back-to-back tonight was almost as good as an orgasm. God.

Wiktor

The episode was so packed with good stuff I didn't even remember all of them first time. But there was also the hilarious Felicity's jab at Laurel, dat japanese temple on Island and such a great throwback to S1 with the "Merelyn job" quote.

THe only truly dissapointing thing about the episode was Roy not doing the wall flip while chasing the girl. :D

Lyonaz

Episode was great.

I hope Black Canary will mention meeting another billionaire while being trained by Ras Al Ghul, I would react like that antoniobanderas.gif.

how is this show so good? seriously, one of the best superhero tv shows in recent memory, maybe even all-time. hopefully they don't stretch out this show like smallville and maintain these types of episodes where there's an overarching plot, there's a self-contained episodic story, plus there's mystery. the parallel stories of island+present is so good.

The ship is called Amazo! Ollie's in a cage! Slade lost an eye!? Hoooooooooly shit. Is this the first step in their eventual animosity?

I think it's going to build on the tension that's already there with regard to Shado and her choosing Ollie...

Exciting times. Can't wait to find out why Deathstroke's mask was on the beach with an arrow through its eye.(was it through the eye? Can't remember)

wildfire

Banned
fuck man even thea and roy have gotten better this season. only character that has somehow regressed even further is laurel lmao. just worse acting from her this season and also she's become more intolerable.

Her character has been intolerable so far but her acting is on point and considering how much her character swung in attitudes and opinions last season her irrationality has been logical for once.

I reserve the right to say the writers still don't know what to do with her if she continues to act like a lunatic. That path can only pay off if she became some Harley Quinn expy.

But she's clearly not here, and given her reaction to Sparky's phone text and how she brought the finality, wouldn't it make sense that she could be in the show?

That is obviously the direction they are going here, yes. In the comic it has been variations on that (what other people are saying).

You guys are jumping too much to conclusions. They spent a lot of dialogue repeating the phrase this blonde woman beats up badguys attacking women. Thea's text clearly pointed out a woman was in serious distress.

I enjoyed this episode a lot! I think bringing in Lance added to their dynamic. I wouldn't mind seeing Chesthair Lance teaming up with Ollie and the gang for another go at some baddies. That Ras reference had my shocked and stoked for this season.

The show will probably go there. I like the neat touch that in season 1 it was captain chesthair who first coined the term "The Hood" and in his acknowledgement of Ollie's change he is the first person to start calling him "The Arrow" for now.

Nitemare1

Yeah, I think so too. The way he looks at him, and talks to him--with that one scene about Sarah and the one at the end of the episode. It's like he knew that Ollie also blames himself, I coulda sworn he was going to say right then and there that he knew. Also by now Ollie has saved Laurel 50 times as both the vigilante and Oliver Queen (it's obvious that the Green Arrow loves her to someone like her father), plus the 360 "you know I don't mind you dating your ex-boyfriend that cheated on you and got your sister killed, he's changed." I think he knows and he'll let Ollie know sometime this season.

Not to mention that he was on a sting with Olivers personal security/driver and his secretary (their covers?) Or did I miss something where Lance didn't actually come face to face with Diggs and Felicity ? ( I was trying to get some work done last night and wasn't paying the closest attention)

Not to mention that he was on a sting with Olivers personal security/driver and his secretary (their covers?) Or did I miss something where Lance didn't actually come face to face with Diggs and Felicity ? ( I was trying to get some work done last night and wasn't paying the closest attention)

While Diggs was there, I don't believe there was any indication that Officer Lance knew he was there. He was sat in a car and didn't engage in the actual chase. I don't recall him speaking on comms either.

pikablu

The Count is still alive. Also holy crap at that episode. It was so epic. Nearly lost my shit when they mentioned Ras. like holy crap!

Ra's
Holy fuck!!!!
(this also means if they can use/mention Ra's a main Batman villain, that they likely have acess to pretty much everything)
Id bet on a Gotham or Wayne Enterprises references.

Man its sad how much this show dominates S.H.I.E.L.D. every week.

How awesome would it be if one of the assassins they send after Canary and Queen (you know it's going to happen) is a young billionaire trying to find meaning and lost his way, who gains inspiration from this "Arrow" vigilante...

Waiting for the Gotham/Wayne Industries mention. So many possibilites now: Bane and the Venom drug? Red Hood? Like I said before, Black Mask, Lady Shiva? KGBeast (linked to the Russian Mafia)? Nightwing? I could see those fitting nicely with the tone of the show

How awesome would it be if one of the assassins they send after Canary and Queen (you know it's going to happen) is a young billionaire trying to find meaning and lost his way, who gains inspiration from this "Arrow" vigilante...

Waiting for the Gotham/Wayne Industries mention. So many possibilites now: Venom? Red Hood? Like I said before, Black Mask, Lady Shiva? KGBeast (linked to the Russian Mafia)? Nightwing?
eww Batman should be established long before Green Arrow.

Nightwing has to be on this show at some point.

Waiting for the Gotham/Wayne Industries mention. So many possibilites now: Bane and the Venom drug? Red Hood? Like I said before, Black Mask, Lady Shiva? KGBeast (linked to the Russian Mafia)? Nightwing? I could see those fitting nicely with the tone of the show

A some of those would require quite a bit of comic story abandonment. And honestly.. I'm not too excited by the prospect of an entire gallery of Superheros and Supervillains in the show. Introducing a few here and there is fine but having people just drop in and out constantly from episode to episode would annoy me.

A some of those would require quite a bit of comic story abandonment. And honestly.. I'm not too excited by the prospect of an entire gallery of Superheros and Supervillains in the show. Introducing a few here and there is fine but having people just drop in and out constantly from episode to episode would annoy me.
Well someone like Black Mask could definitely set up a season arc and now that we have Ra's and the League, some other DC assassins would make sense. Something like Venom could work as an alternative to Vertigo.

But this show just went from guilty pleasure to "holy shit, what's going to happen next?" in one episode. Oh, and the island...searching for graves, deformed corpses, now we know about Ra's, what's the likelihood that Lazarus Pits (or a more realistic take on it) is going to be introduced?

witness

Such a great episode, one of their best. I'm excited to see where they take it. This season has started out so good.

Joni

I love how they resolved that cliffhanger in five seconds, and that they aren't stringing along that Black Canary/Arrow meet-up. The CW is on a roll. The Vampire Diaries, The Originals and Arrow all had awesome episodes this last week. Can't wait for my next dose of Arrow.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Holy. Shit.

Guys, I think this episode cemented Arrow as the best super hero show since Batman: TAS.

Somebody should ring the SHIELD guys so they pay attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom