• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

XM1049

Neo Member
Amazing episode! But they did lay the geek shout outs on a little thick.

Delta Charlie 52
Channel 52
Room 52 (the one Ollie and Lance went into)
Metamorpho Industries
Ships name : Amazo

and of course Ra's

Quentin's middle name: Larry

One more: Dollmaker's lawyer is called Tony Daniel, which is the name of a writer/artist at DC Comics and created the third Dollmaker AKA Barton Mathis.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I believe Arrow is doing VERY well internationally, so maybe the CW could find a way to keep things steady even if ratings drop a bit.

Effect

Yeah, it's all right for The CW. Might be a problem if it keeps falling though.

Thought the ratings weren't the entire situation with CW shows. Success of the season sets and reairing of episodes are also suppose to be key as well. Which is why so many shows stay on the air as long as they do.

Wasn't the world series on at the same time. Shouldn't a drop be expected? Or perhaps bigger then it was?

Tugatrix

roy25nsf5.gif

"I love you wall, let me rub my hand on you...must not backflip"

Bladenic

Just finished the episode

Holy fuck

It was amazing

The end scenes

Ra's Al Ghul being mentioned by name (albeit mispronounced I think but who cares)

Ffffff this show is so good. This season is gonna be AMAZING.

The Black Canary was badass, why is Laurel even a character still

It never occurred to me to compare Shield to Arrow. Arrow is about a superhero (ok one without powers) and the vibe Shield has is more sci-fi James Bond to me.

I want Black Canary. Y'all can have Felicity and Shado.

So, who do you guys think we'll get as Ra's al Ghul? It'd be killer if they got Liam Neeson to do it (even if it is a separate universe), but that's never gonna happen, haha. They need someone with the same gravitas and charisma though.

tumblr_m7vcjhtkci1rrh0ouuu.jpg

We're getting Abu Nazir as a new character
al Awal
soon, but that's not Ra's. Unless it is Ra's! But using another set of identities like Henri Ducard!

Also:

Oliver was trained by an ASAS hardcase badass on a murderous island for five years. Black Canary was trained by the League of Shadows/Assassins/Ninjas, what have you.

When Laurel inevitably takes up the BC mask (ugh), what's her goddamn training? Woman cannot even fire a shotgun without it jamming. Wish I had the GIF. She'll just nag the criminals to death.

Has it been said that Laurel is going to wear a mask?

The showrunners/writers/whoever said that Laurel's journey will include becoming Black Canary and that they have a "history" of introducing the precursors to our protagonists, so:

The First Green Arrow was Yao Fei. The second is Oliver Queen.

The First Deathstroke was Billy Wintergreen. The second is Slade Wilson.

The First Black Canary is ???????????? The second will be Laurel Lance (UGGGGGGGH)

After yesterday's episode I want Laurel dead, that character is fucking annoying and made the episode almost unwatchable... sign me up for the hate laurel fan club..

Also:

Oliver was trained by an ASAS hardcase badass on a murderous island for five years. Black Canary was trained by the League of Shadows/Assassins/Ninjas, what have you.

When Laurel inevitably takes up the BC mask (ugh), what's her goddamn training? Woman cannot even fire a shotgun without it jamming. Wish I had the GIF. She'll just nag the criminals to death.

Well Black Canary's identity varies in the comics over the years. If the alluded identity in Arrow is accurate that would be completely different than any of the comics so they wouldn't really NEED to make Laurel BC. But if they were to do so for some reason... they could always just have Oliver train her on the more extensive stuff. They do show that she knows hand to hand combat early in S1.

The showrunners/writers/whoever said that Laurel's journey will include becoming Black Canary and that they have a "history" of introducing the precursors to our protagonists, so:

The First Green Arrow was Yao Fei. The second is Oliver Queen.

The First Deathstroke was Billy Wintergreen. The second is Slade Wilson.

The First Black Canary is ???????????? The second will be Laurel Lance (UGGGGGGGH)

I so hope that the showrunners/writer were just trying to shock us when they do kill her off. Otherwise, good chance she going to use her "karate training" to take down bad guy ugh

Chuckie

Isn't that a huge spoiler? That Laurel becomes the Canary?

Also the identity of the current Black Canary is written on IMDB, unless they are totally wrong (I got spoiled on that while looking up the actress :( )

Wiktor

The design of the League henchmen's costume was really sweet. Because it confirmed Ras was the one who trained Barrowman.

ReiGun

Kinda. I mean, it was a forgone conclusion given that in the comics Laurel is Black Canary. So it's a spoiler in the same way that saying "Smallville will end with Clark becoming Superman." was a spoiler for that show.

It never occurred to me to compare Shield to Arrow. Arrow is about a superhero (ok one without powers) and the vibe Shield has is more sci-fi James Bond to me.

One was made by Marvel and the other was made by DC. That's all most people will ever need to compare them.

DieH@rd

Banned
Wow, the last episode was aweome. Cant wait to see the double episode with Barry. If Ra's appears in the season finale, I'm gonna flip out.

Btw, if we see that Professor Ivo is on the ship prison, we will know for sure that Amazo will trully be part of the show. Im really interested to see what will happen on the ship and how will Slade become fullblown Deathstroke. So far he is great.

Once again a day behind, but my god it was worth the wait.

Loved how they did BC's sonic scream, I was wondering whether they were going to include it and how if they did.

Got hyped at Roy's chase scene, was waiting for some parkour and was not disappointed (although no wall flips boo).

Lance is becoming a much more loved character to me, he annoyed me a little in the last season but I like the direction they're taking him now.

Thank god Laurel saw sense and fessed up to being responsible for Tommy's death. That scene I was actually a little surprised at how little I hated her, almost felt sorry for her. Wonder what they're going to do with her now though?

Holy shit at that ending
I was wondering how Sara went from nearly drowning in the shipwreck to becoming a complete badass, being trained by the League of Assasins explains it wonderfully. Also explains why she hasn't contacted her family to let them know she's still alive. I wonder how long they will play that out for though, when will Ollie find out who she is?

DieH@rd

Banned
Holy shit at that ending
I was wondering how Sara went from nearly drowning in the shipwreck to becoming a complete badass, being trained by the League of Assasins explains it wonderfully. Also explains why she hasn't contacted her family to let them know she's still alive. I wonder how long they will play that out for though, when will Ollie find out who she is?

Wait what? Black Cannary is
Sara Lance? They changed the actress? WTF?

Where is the proof of that? We got only hint that
Sara
is maybe alive. What am I missing?

Also the identity of the current Black Canary is written on IMDB, unless they are totally wrong (I got spoiled on that while looking up the actress :( )

Not really, cause the showrunners have stated it multiple times that that it the ultimate destination of her journey, along with her and Oliver being the One True Couple (FUCK YOU).

Chuckie

Kinda. I mean, it was a forgone conclusion given that in the comics Laurel is Black Canary. So it's a spoiler in the same way that saying "Smallville will end with Clark becoming Superman." was a spoiler for that show.

I never read a Green Arrow comic in my life...so for me it was a spoiler (although not one I am bitter about..guess it comes with not having read the comics)

Wait what? Black Cannary is
Sara Lance? They changed the actress? WTF?

Where is the proof of that? We got only hint that
Sara
is maybe alive. What am I missing?

For me the 'proof' is
Both the IMDB page and the Arrow wiki thing saying Sara Lance/Black Canary

Edit:
Not really, cause the showrunners have stated it multiple times that that it the ultimate destination of her journey, along with her and Oliver being the One True Couple (FUCK YOU).

Ah ok. I've just watched the series, nothing around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom