• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Overall i like Marvel better mainly because of how super-heroes are portraited in their universe. In the DC universe heroes are viewed as gods, benevolent beings by the society while in the Marvel universe the heroes are constantly repudiated by the society, like Spider-Man always considered a menace and the never ending racism against mutants, and Spider-Man is my favorite hero of all time, so there is that.

yeah, but then the X-Men start fighting vampires... lol

I dunno, I like both universes. Both are great. Both are dumb. I tend to have stronger feelings towards DC's characters though. Partially because of books like DKR or Flashpoint. Partially because of the greater success they've had in animation. I love the Marvel movies though.

Spectacular Spider-Man is still one of the best animated action shows of all time IMO.

Stephen Amell
I don't necessarily endorse this meme, but that DOESN'T mean it isn't funny.
10013326_593301680755103_1206192324_n.jpg
This doesn't even make sense.

Cinematic DC is a mess. They don't "have" Arrow, because it's not linked to anything.

Mario007

Cinematic DC is a mess. They don't "have" Arrow, because it's not linked to anything.

Cinematic DC doesn't exist because the movie that'll create a cinematic universe will be Mos2. Just like Cinematic Marvel didn't exist after Ironman.

Arrow is the only universe DC has right now and will have until May 2016/

ArrowGAF disappointing me with no one posting the Amell video in the current Wrestling OT or at least the WWE Network OT. =(

Just disappointed myself by not searching for "Arrow" instead of just Amell. I have failed this post.

AMUSIX

Got my wife into the show last week, ended up watching everything up to current, finishing yesterday. Then I had to tell her this morning that it's dark for a week. Is CW intentionally trying to hurt the show? I understand the holiday break that these shows go through (sort of) and I understand the break for the Olympics, but to do two shows back and then break again?

In any case...this image certainly got me excited:
8hEqMi9.png

Hoping it's something more than a quickie, though.

edit: sorry for the small image, grew it a bit. character spoiler:
it's Harley's hand
for some reason it suggested a lot more than the other spoiler image on the same character that had been posted

so movies can't stand on tehir own now? they have to be part of a large universe so that I have to watch all movies in order to understand them? glad DC isn't (hopefully) doing that.

Replicant

Got my wife into the show last week, ended up watching everything up to current, finishing yesterday. Then I had to tell her this morning that it's dark for a week. Is CW intentionally trying to hurt the show? I understand the holiday break that these shows go through (sort of) and I understand the break for the Olympics, but to do two shows back and then break again?

In any case...this image certainly got me excited:
http://i.imgur.com/8hEqMi9.png
Hoping it's something more than a quickie, though.

Please be true. Please be true.

I'm laughing pretty hard at Amell's FB about some Social Media Showdown.

"Facebook! I've met Norman Reedus. I like Norman Reedus... But if you think I'm going down to someone who uses a crossbow, you've got another thing coming. Let's take this to the next level."

"In order to defeat him, I must BECOME him."

1962766_594075794011025_104794031_n.jpg

I'm laughing pretty hard at Amell's FB about some Social Media Showdown.

"Facebook! I've met Norman Reedus. I like Norman Reedus... But if you think I'm going down to someone who uses a crossbow, you've got another thing coming. Let's take this to the next level."

"In order to defeat him, I must BECOME him."

1962766_594075794011025_104794031_n.jpg

I love Amell's love of memes.

Batman vs Superman has the potential to be the greatest clusterfuck of our time. MoS was already twice as complicated and messy as it needed to be, just imagine what they'll do when they have to account for the entirety of the justice league. I'm sort of looking forward to it.

And I don't think they'll introduce a character that big in Arrow with an episode that already seems so loaded with plot points. Cameo at best, I'm thinking, probably a name drop.

Also, wasn't
Joker
in that Birds of Prey show?

Wiktor

So this could work, right?
Maybe, but honestly...Team Arrow is already pretty big. Somebody said they should make her leave the show for next season, which sounds good, but I would like to see her then return not as a hero, but as a villain that eventually gets redeemed.

Batman vs Superman has the potential to be the greatest clusterfuck of our time. MoS was already twice as complicated and messy as it needed to be, just imagine what they'll do when they have to account for the entirety of the justice league. I'm sort of looking forward to it.

And I don't think they'll introduce a character that big in Arrow with an episode that already seems so loaded with plot points. Cameo at best, I'm thinking, probably a name drop.

Also, wasn't
Joker
in that Birds of Prey show?

Yeah, he was in a flash back to explain why Barbra was in a wheelchair. IIRC they used Mark Hamill to voice him and some guy with a very cartoony looking Joker head. But I might be wrong, I haven't seen BoP since it aired.

V_Arnold

Maybe, but honestly...Team Arrow is already pretty big. Somebody said they should make her leave the show for next season, which sounds good, but I would like to see her then return not as a hero, but as a villain that eventually gets redeemed.

Yeah... haha. :D When half of this thread - including you - was literally begging for Laurel's killing off even now, imagine how they would be "patient" for that redemption when she is a villain as well. (Not to mention that Villainy as a phase is already past her, when she blamed Arrow).

Next stop for Laurel IS redemption, do not try to struggle :D

Wiktor

[/B]

Yeah... haha. :D When half of this thread - including you - was literally begging for Laurel's killing off even now, imagine how they would be "patient" for that redemption when she is a villain as well. (Not to mention that Villainy as a phase is already past her, when she blamed Arrow).

Next stop for Laurel IS redemption, do not try to struggle :D
If the next stop is redemption it likely won't work.

People hate this character in a way few characters ever were hated in history of TV. Good luck trying to turn it around into love. You have better chances of winning a lottery.

It would be possible to channel that hate into something that people "love to hate" instead of just plain hate. That might give you a springboard that would allow later on to redeem the character.

of course, there's the possibility that every show, no matter how good, always needs to have at least one fault. Nobody is perfect, so Laurel can stay as the one bad thing about Arrow forever.

V_Arnold

I think the redemption will work. It will be most likely combined with a 6+ month timejump (time past between seasons?), and a few episodes where Laurel is not even present.

Or she can get injected with the Mirakuru as well, which would be a bit over the top even for my tastes, but would be a bit of a smoother *ride* for Ollie than Roy was. If you know what I mean :D

Wiktor

I think the redemption will work. It will be most likely combined with a 6+ month timejump (time past between seasons?), and a few episodes where Laurel is not even present.

Or she can get injected with the Mirakuru as well, which would be a bit over the top even for my tastes, but would be a bit of a smoother *ride* for Ollie than Roy was. If you know what I mean :D

Well, we'll have to remain in disagreement on that.

And that mirakuu idea ...jeez...what if she looses self control during the sex and sudden powerful muscle contraction castrates poor Olie? ;)

Joni

It is a one week break, and I'm guessing it might have been caused by taking out The Flash pilot. They were supposed to have 23 regular episodes and a Flash pilot, so now they're missing one episode to fill out the schedule.

It is a one week break, and I'm guessing it might have been caused by taking out The Flash pilot. They were supposed to have 23 regular episodes and a Flash pilot, so now they're missing one episode to fill out the schedule.

The Flash episode was just going to take the place of a regular episode. The reason for the week off is that we typically have off three weeks or a month around March, but the Olympics brought a two weeks break early and now are getting one of the the others. that is needed to pad out the schedule to stretch it into mid May. Smallville was always the same way. Two big hiatuses were in December/January and usually March.

Did they make a final decision on the episode count? I've heard 23 episodes in a few places, but I'm also seeing TBD. If they 23 episodes, there will be another 1 week break squeezed in somewhere before the May 14th finale. If it's 24 episodes, it'll be 9 straight weeks.

Did they make a final decision on the episode count? I've heard 23 episodes in a few places, but I'm also seeing TBD. If they 23 episodes, there will be another 1 week break squeezed in somewhere before the May 14th finale. If it's 24 episodes, it'll be 9 straight weeks.

I've seen Amell say 23, but still haven't ever seen official confirmation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom