• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Waller was the Lady from season 1 that was in charge of what's his face on the island.

You know, now that I think about it. I can completely understand and it would be her way of doing things (the things that happened on the island, I hope I'm thinking what you are thinking without spoiling it. Are you trying to not spoil?) But it wouldn't make sense on how she got into contact with Slade after the fact that her only connection died.

Ruze789

So did we see that single shot of the back of Harley from the promo, or just hear her speak? I was watching specifically for that shot and didn't see it, but my wife swears it was in there when she had her line.

So did we see that single shot of the back of Harley from the promo, or just hear her speak? I was watching specifically for that shot and didn't see it, but my wife swears it was in there when she had her line.
We just heard her voice. Nothing else I don't think. Maybe those scenes will be used in a future episode.

Can someone get me a GIF of Slade in full Deathstroke gear on the rooftop as he watches Oliver? And possibly add a "ch-ch-ch-ch. ha-ha-ha-ha." or whatever for the Friday the 13th sound?

And on a different note, I think they are definitely going to kill Laurel now. The whole point they kept driving home this episode was that Sara is in danger, blah, blah. Slade wants to hurt her. Blah, blah. Then Laurel is reconciling with people and becoming a good person again? Yeah, she is dead meat.

EDIT: Oh, and I want a flashback to Felicity and her stalker lacrosse player boyfriend.

Tabby

http://i.imgur.com/YuzZYwO.jpg
Well I guess that's that then.

Great episode. Glad to have finally gotten a Diggle-centric episode.
Disappointed that the Suicide Squad was mainly Deadshot though, Shrapnel didn't do anything and Bronze Tiger was just there.

So the title for Episode 21 has been released,
City of Blood

Hah!

I already knew it was going to be Harley, but I was still excited to get that moment.

This show is really good. And it's not because of the acting. Most of the main cast are serviceable. Never really great. But it moves at a crazy speed, with the best choreography any superhero TV show has ever seen.

Even their dumbest (Roy wallflip) is better than the fight scenes of Smallville. And their best make Shields (which I'm really starting to like) look very amateurish.

I won't even mention older stuff because most of it looked stilted and fake when it aired. It namedrops in the right ways, without relying on it too much. It's just a freaking terrific comic book to TV adaptation.

For a secret abandoned island, there sure as hell were a lot of people visiting that island over the years.

Decent ep. Liked the Harley spot but the Suicide Squad doesn't to much for me overall. Looking forward to it getting back to the main story.

Snake

- Straight up tears @ that Microsoft Surface product placement.

- Episode could've used more Suicide Squad and less flashbacks, but I'm glad that Waller got her due re: not giving a fuck. I hope Team Arrow has to face off against the Squad in season 3.

- Caity Lotz was kind of totally bad in that daylight scene and it cracked me up.

- I still don't see that Harley cameo turning into a full-on role in the show. Just seemed like a bit of fun for the fans.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
EDIT: Oh, and I want a flashback to Felicity and her stalker lacrosse player boyfriend.

I believe I can help you with a fic.

Good episode. Waller is so cold I love it. I enjoyed the Diggle centric episode with the squad.

At least we got Harley even if just a voice over. Loved the line she said lol. So looking forward to the Ollie/Slade showdown. He ain't messing around that poor Russian.

The best cameo was the return of the Microsoft Surface and hey did you know you can use the build app to 3D print? No? Well watch Diggle use it and learn!

It was another great episode man the promo trailer for this episode is so misleading. It made you think that they was setting up to go after Slade

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Good episode but I'm still bothered that Oliver apparently forgot about his no-kill rule, a recurring theme of this season in early episodes. I get it why he wants to kill Slade but still...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
And on a different note, I think they are definitely going to kill Laurel now. The whole point they kept driving home this episode was that Sara is in danger, blah, blah. Slade wants to hurt her. Blah, blah. Then Laurel is reconciling with people and becoming a good person again? Yeah, she is dead meat.

I seriously hope not, I'm actually starting to like Laurel. Think they turned a corner with her, would be a shame to just kill her now. Hope they stick to their original plan and don't cave to all the whining. I feel like your opening Pandora's box when you start rewriting your initial plans simply to pander to the fans, stick to your guns and tell the story you want tell. Laurel is also starting to look a lot better (not that she looked bad before, Katie Cassidy's always been a babe, but all the gaf chin spamming got to my head, many thanks Cornballer).

Anyhow, I loved the episode and hope the Suicide Squad stuff continues to be a part of the show. It's a nice refresher from the same old Hood up and take down the baddies routine. Excited for all these plot threads being planted with Waller, the island still has a lot of meat on the bones, lots left to uncover between the Bratva and Waller's potential involvement with Fyers.

Good episode but I'm still bothered that Oliver apparently forgot about his no-kill rule, a recurring theme of this season in early episodes. I get it why he wants to kill Slade but still...

Don't mind this at all, dude has been killing for 5 years now, I'm sure it's not easy to simply turn off the kill switch completely. Plus it shows he's sane and not stupid (like Batman), he knows Slade will slaughter his entire family if he ever gets the chance--he has no choice here but to put down Frankenstein for good. It would actually bother me more if he irrationally stuck to the no-kill rule 100% of the time.

ReiGun

Good episode tonight. Dig focused episodes tend to be pretty good.

Damn did they nail The Wall. Just no fucks given during the whole mission. Even when things didn't go as planned, she was all "LOL I still own you, Diggle. Don't forget bitch."

I don't know dude, did you see her on tabletop a few months ago? Looked like she could still play the role live action. She is only 41, and still looks like she could land a CW role.

Besides how many 21 year old graduated, practicing and went insane psychiatrists do you know out there?

Tara Strong is 41?! Shit, she doesn't look it at all.

Omega

Banned

At least he's not an idiot like most heroes.

"Let me not kill this guy and let him proceed to murder everyone i love and thousands of innocents"

But it's a comic show. He can try to kill him but never will. Him and Merlin got impaled with an arrow and walked it off like champs

Deadshot got the best line of the episode.

"There's a drone strike inbound!"

"How contemporary."

Just... simply the best delivery of that line possible. I love Deadshot.

Neoxon

Good episode tonight. Dig focused episodes tend to be pretty good.

Damn did they nail The Wall. Just no fucks given during the whole mission. Even when things didn't go as planned, she was all "LOL I still own you, Diggle. Don't forget bitch."

Tara Strong is 41?! Shit, she doesn't look it at all.
She voiced Batgirl in the DCAU, I'm not surprised at her age. I am however surprised that she doesn't look her age.

Harley cameo was amusing. Hope they actually cast her and we see her. I could see Tara Strong actually playing her. She has the eyes.

Shrapnel getting blown up has to be one of the most absurdly funniest things that's happened on this show, especially given his hilarious rants.

Where the hell did Slade get old home movies of Shado? Did he go to her house and dig through her shit four years after she vanished? I do like how that scene is set up though, with the body and the colours. SLADE IS GOING PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE ON YOU, MOTHAFUCKA, YOU ON NOTICE.

Waller and Ollie knowing each other, shiiiiiieeeet. So she was commanding Fyers.

Deadshot was sublime. Tiger was sidelined, but hopefully he'll get more in the next one with him.

Ben Browder!

Almost no Thea, Moira, Roy, and Quentin in this episode. Was awesome nonetheless.

ReiGun

She voiced Batgirl in the DCAU, I'm not surprised at her age. I am however surprised that she doesn't look her age.
I knew she had been in the business for a while, but I wouldn't have pegged her as any older than early to mid-30's

Where the hell did Slade get old home movies of Shado? Did he go to her house and dig through her shit four years after she vanished?
Never doubt the power of the thirst.

Wiktor

He doesn't really have a no-kill rule, he just doesn't want to be murder. Thankfully they understand the differene between those. The no-kill rules have no place in live action. They are idiotic even in comic books and comic books are know for ridiculous conventions.

Anway, great episode. Really liked that they gave Diggle a moment to shine. Love what they did with Deadshot, giving him proper depth. Loved how they took out Sharpnel. Bronze Tiger remains just a blank slate, but I'm sure he will get chance to shine.

Also..dat ending. And Harley. I don't know how the actress will look in the role, but she sure nailed the voice. I suppose she will be shown in full when Suicide Squad appears again. Episode 19 maybe? It would fit with the bits and pieces we know.

Rokam

For those confused about the whole Waller-Diggle-Oliver connection here's a recap:

-Fyers is shown to be working for what can assumed to be Waller.
-She recruits Diggle to rescue his ex wife, and has zero interaction with Oliver.
-At the end of the episode Ollie addresses her by her first name and a history we don't know about yet is strongly hinted at.

So basically expect her to show up on the island or at the very least Oliver to have some knowledge of her before Slade's "death". And that she does something to get on Oliver's shit list, whether that's trying to shoot down the plane or something else remains to be seen.

MC_Hify

I don't care if Waller is fat or skinny. I do understand why people prefer the fat version, though.

Because she looks like an adult that could actually be the head of an intellegence agency.

And that she does something to get on Oliver's shit list, whether that's trying to shoot down the plane or something else remains to be seen.

She's basically responsible for Yao Fei's death and Oliver's torture if that was indeed her that Fryers was working for.

Jonogunn

Man wth. Such misleading hype. They released the title name, had teasers and trailers showcasing the suicide squad, even made promos pics just for this episode...aaaaand shrapnel dead. Tiger shut up no talking from you..stay away from the camera as well. Deadshooooooot!!!

I'm surprised diggles wasn't totally disguised by how wallet treats the squad. Like god damn it's so inhumane.

But ya. Bleh episode. I feel like they are comig out with a lot of meh episodes then end it with some false hype.

Emwitus

Man wth. Such misleading hype. They released the title name, had teasers and trailers showcasing the suicide squad, even made promos pics just for this episode...aaaaand shrapnel dead. Tiger shut up no talking from you..stay away from the camera as well. Deadshooooooot!!!

I'm surprised diggles wasn't totally disguised by how wallet treats the squad. Like god damn it's so inhumane.

But ya. Bleh episode. I feel like they are comig out with a lot of meh episodes then end it with some false hype.
Yup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom