• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Violent, obviously. Slade is a dominant daddy that wouldn't allow that kind of thing to happen.
Bhn0Z8P.jpg

I can digg it.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Just caught up. I have to say this was an ok episode. The huntress is just meh. She complains about wanting to kill her father, but time after time refuses to pull the trigger. Come on just get it over with so you can leave Starling for good.

I'm all for Laurel's development, but that the line at the end was bad.

I know it's been discussed but come on Laurel! How can you not see that Canary is your sister. The dimple!!!

That ending...its like the start of one of my fics.

KkN1zn7.gif

Joni

Just caught up. I have to say this was an ok episode. The huntress is just meh. She complains about wanting to kill her father, but time after time refuses to pull the trigger. Come on just get it over with so you can leave Starling for good.
She thinks that is what she needs, that is why she can't. It is still her father. It is the same reason why Oliver doesn't have problems putting arrows in every bad business men except his mother.

I would like her a lot more if she went back to the Supernatural Ruby look.

Jonogunn

To be fair to laurel, canary' disguise is probably the best one in this show.

When I saw what Sara looked like without the mask for the first time I was blown away by how different she looked.

Also. It's a comic book show. The disguise part u just have to let go.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I told you my girl Helena would kick ass. And she was looking ravishing, too. Showrunners need to find a way to make her a regular, specially now that Jess has finally learned to act.

Also, is it me or is Katie looking a bit better? Her face was a bit fuller instead of having the gaunt look of the first half of the season.

nOoblet16

I've been wondering will a CW show ever get any recognition from Emmy? I mean if anything Arrow deserves to not only get nominated but win the stunt co ordination award by a long shot since there is not a single show on TV that can match up to it, let along manage to do it in every single episode....on a TV budget !

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I've been wondering will a CW show ever get any recognition from Emmy? I mean if anything Arrow deserves to not only get nominated but win the stunt co ordination award by a long shot since there is not a single show on TV that can match up to it, let along manage to do it in every single episode....on a TV budget !

I love Arrow and everything, but Cinemax's Banshee and Strike Back beat the shit out of it. Actually, they give most Hollywood flicks a run for their money.

Anybody in the mood for some insane action (plus titties!) should check those shows. The kind of stunts they pull on a TV budget is nothing short of unbelievable.

machinegunw3s6p.gif
double138sp6.gif

fight2d1kfb.gif
fight3t0jgs.gif

Motherfuckers make most of their own stunts by themselves, too, specially in Strike Back. And those aren't nearly the most spectacular GIFs since I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum.

I love Arrow and everything, but Cinemax's Banshee and Strike Back beat the shit out of it. Actually, they give most Hollywood flicks a run for their money.

Anybody in the mood for some insane action (plus titties!) should check those shows. The kind of stunts they pull on a TV budget is nothing short of unbelievable.

Motherfuckers make most of their own stunts by themselves, too, specially in Strike Back. And those aren't nearly the most spectacular GIFs since I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum.

To be fair though, being on a Premium channel gives them way more options for action so it's kind of unfair to compare Cinemax shows to Primetime Network TV. But yes, Strike Back, Banshee, and there's a third show I'm forgetting atm, are definitely way more action filled than anything else on TV.

nOoblet16

Lol why does the huntress still wear the mask? Everyone knows who she is.

machinegunw3s6p.gif
double138sp6.gif

fight2d1kfb.gif
fight3t0jgs.gif

Two of those gifs have no stunt, but actions as in explosions and guns.
The other two look like usual hand to hand combat. What I like about Arrow is the mixture of styles they have, the parkour and the way they choreograph the encounter like the Arrow vs Dark Archer fight. And the cast do most of their stunts on their own, including the ones with parkour.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Two of those gifs have no stunt, but actions as in explosions and guns.

I dunno, I think that risking a faceful of explosion qualifies as stunt work. That said, Strike Back has scenes much, *much* riskier than that, including a few involving moving vehicles that were just mind blowing (which I won't post ITT just to avoid spoilers). Banshee's fights are also brutal and heaps and bounds much better choreographed than Arrow's.

Again, this is not a dig at Arrow, which I love. It just happens that Strike Back and Banshee play on a different field within TV-dom. It's kind of like comparing Castle to True Detective.

And the cast do most of their stunts on their own, including the ones with parkour.

By Manu's own admission, they don't get to do most of their stunts due to Canadian regulations and unions. Strike Back benefits from being filmed in South Africa and Eastern Europe, which means they are allowed to pull crazy shit like this:

stonebridge1m8slz.gif

That truck was not remote controlled. There was an actual (crazy) human driving it. Because fuck safety regulations and whoever invented them.

The Arrow fights seem a bit more advanced.

arrow+s01e05-400-takedown1-sg.gif
Don't let the GIFs fool you, I tried to post the least revealing bits of it. That particular Arrow fight is a children's play compared with the average Banshee throw down. Seriously, anybody wanting to see some bone splintering action should check that show.

Wiktor

Yeah. Cinemax slaughters everything in action.

Arrow still is very impressive. Most impressive on network tv by far.

DieH@rd

Banned
StrikeBack shits all over the action in Arrow, but, that's more likely result of CW being low budgeted and constricted by "laws". Show looks incredible because they have budget to really film all over the world. That crazy evacuation scene when ~100 guerilla soldiers attacked them in ~Somalia... Jesus.

Joni

Don't let the GIFs fool you, I tried to post the least revealing bits of it. That particular Arrow fight is a children's play compared with the average Banshee throw down. Seriously, anybody wanting to see some bone splintering action should check that show.
In that case I'll put it on my list.

Clevinger

preach, Funky

Strike Back and Banshee's stunts and fight scene editing/camerawork (which Arrow is straight up horrible at) take a huge shit all over Arrow's face.

Tabby

If there's one thing I don't like about the fights in Arrow it's the camera.
Sometimes I can't even tell what's going on because the cameraman is going insane.

anaron

I'm gonna be tacky and shallow and say Katie is definitely looking much healthier as of late.

Also yes please to the blonder hair.

the ending to ep17... wtf

That aussie accent just makes him the most trustworthy person I guess.

Will any of the remaining episodes have flash cameos? Spoiler tag the response for those that don't want to be in the know.

Kevin

Episode 19 will feature a few Flash side characters but as of right now it doesn't look like the Flash will appear in any of the remaining season 2 episodes.

Tabby

Episode 19 will feature a few Flash side characters but as of right now it doesn't look like the Flash will appear in any of the remaining season 2 episodes.
Nah. The other Flash characters appearing is what's happening instead, a compensation I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom