• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugatrix

I love Arrow and everything, but Cinemax's Banshee and Strike Back beat the shit out of it. Actually, they give most Hollywood flicks a run for their money.

Anybody in the mood for some insane action (plus titties!) should check those shows. The kind of stunts they pull on a TV budget is nothing short of unbelievable.

machinegunw3s6p.gif
double138sp6.gif

fight2d1kfb.gif
fight3t0jgs.gif

Motherfuckers make most of their own stunts by themselves, too, specially in Strike Back. And those aren't nearly the most spectacular GIFs since I'm trying to keep spoilers to a minimum.

I endorse this post, both shows can sometimes put to shame many hollywood movies, Banshee on hand to hand combat and Strike back on shootout and stunts level.

About the image:

multiple deathstroke my awesomeness senses are tingling

Can't say anything for StrikeBack, but Banshee has the best fight scenes I've ever seen on TV. Easily on par with the best fight scenes from big budget movies.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, I was behind in my Arrow watching and have finally caught up. Some thoughts...

Slade is awesome.

Died at Roy and Thea's break up conversation:

Roy - We're breaking up.
Thea - No
Roy - What do you mean no? You can't make me date you!

Laurel remains an awful character. Does she have legitimate reasons for her downward spiral and anger at Sara and Oliver? Yes. I know what they were trying to do in tearing her down to bring her back up but they forgot to give me a reason to care or to root for her. I don't know if it's the writing or Katie Cassidy's acting. I suspect it's a combination of both. Unfortunately, Laurel is probably here to stay.

You guys.
Look at this
suicide-squad-with-harley1.png
Don't think they'll bring Harley into more arrows.
Knowing that Shrapnel is Mia/Kia and they're in their prison suits in that photo.

Just a tease using Harley and perhaps that "W"sign for Wayne industries to stir up hype for a possible Batman or Nightwing presence in Starling city? Idk.

Blader

The Harley Quinn cameo definitely means Batman exists in Arrow's world, right? There's no Harely without Joker, and no Joker without Batman.

Effect

The Harley Quinn cameo definitely means Batman exists in Arrow's world, right? There's no Harely without Joker, and no Joker without Batman.

Not really. Wasn't Harley already unstable to begin with? I thought the Joker just took advantage of that and she fell in love with him as a result. That was always the impression I got from the cartoons. Batman: TAS and The Batman. There could be some other factor that caused her to snap in the Arrow universe. You don't have to factor in Joker or Batman. Various shows, cartoons, movies, games, and comics can be just as different as they are similar. Things don't have to have happen the same way. This is why I think they very well could add her to the show if they wished. Their hands aren't really tied here.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Not really. Wasn't Harley already unstable to begin with? I thought the Joker just took advantage of that and she fell in love with him as a result. That was always the impression I got from the cartoons. Batman: TAS and The Batman. There could be some other factor that caused her to snap in the Arrow universe. You don't have to factor in Joker or Batman. Various shows, cartoons, movies, games, and comics can be just as different as they are similar. Things don't have to have happen the same way. This is why I think they very well could add her to the show if they wished. Their hands aren't really tied here.

She was hardly "unstable" prior to meeting the Joker. She was pretty sane, albeit very naive.

Penguin

Her name
Her look
Her personality

Are all related to the Joker
There are ways to change things, but she is so interlinked with the Joker that she couldn't exist without him.

Wiktor

Her name
Her look
Her personality

There are ways to change things, but she is so interlinked with the Joker that she couldn't exist without him.

Well..to be honest, one of the main attractions of her appereance would be confirmation that Joker exist in this universe. He doesn't need to appear or even be named directly. Just have Harley, clearly unstable, wanting to go home to daddy :)

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Her name
Her look
Her personality

IIRC Harleen Quinzel has been depicted anywhere from mentally unstable from the get go to a perfectly normal human being with an unhealthy obsession with her patient "The Joker".

Within the Arrow-verse, I think you could place her somewhere in between those two extremities. She could've had an unnaturally high desire for chaos brewing within, and Joker only acted as a gatekeeper, who unleashed her inner crazy. He just tipped her over the edge of sanity.

Tangeroo

I wanted to go this year, but was too late to buy tickets (who knew it became so popular?). What did they talk about?

It's a little tough to remember some of the details because a lot of the questions were focused around Stephen himself and not just the show. Things he mentioned:

- The whole "no powers" rule is going to be relaxed
- Something HUGE is in the pipeline
- Almost no actual arrows are actually shot on the show due to the inherent risks
- Yes, that's him the entire time in the workout sequence in the pilot

Here's a clip from the panel

Kard8p3

not sure look to me bosciov and not rochev

Hmm, possibly, but in one of the trailer's didn't we see
What looked like Ollie fighting with a female in what looked to be Queen Consolidated? It looked like Isabel from behind
I might be mistaken tho.

Magwik

Banned
Hmm, possibly, but in one of the trailer's didn't we see
What looked like Ollie fighting with a female in what looked to be Queen Consolidated? It looked like Isabel from behind
I might be mistaken tho.

It was but it's probably best to assume she is working with Slade since he is literally yelling at her "WHERE'S THEA"

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
It's a little tough to remember some of the details because a lot of the questions were focused around Stephen himself and not just the show. Things he mentioned:

- The whole "no powers" rule is going to be relaxed
- Something HUGE is in the pipeline
- Almost no actual arrows are actually shot on the show due to the inherent risks
- Yes, that's him the entire time in the workout sequence in the pilot

Here's a clip from the panel

He also confirmed that the picture above is indeed Harley Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom