• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
As dominatrix...

VUPIu0d.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
And thank god. The breakneck speed of the show is one of the many things that makes it so good. I was worried they were slowing down this season, but after last episode I think they are still keeping the pedal to the floor.

Yep much better than the pacing of Smallville and the first couple seasons of Supernatural. I'm really impressed; I was terrified the CW would forcefully hit the emergency break to drag out 10 seasons.

Joni

Season 3 should have Ben Affleck making a cameo as CEO of Wayne Industries. Give a short sneak peek of the new Bruce Wayne to get everyone used to him and start hyping the movie.

Mario007

Yep much better than the pacing of Smallville and the first couple seasons of Supernatural. I'm really impressed; I was terrified the CW would forcefully hit the emergency break to drag out 10 seasons.
I kinda hope Arrow finished after 5 seasons. I know the creators have a plan for the 5 seasons and the island flashbacks will take 5 seasons to fully flesh out. I really liked the idea that the first scene of first episode is the very last scene of the show that was mentioned by one of the producers. Hopefully they won't try to over-extend it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Olliver Queen cameo in other DC universe shows afterwards, though.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
They've got the Nolan playbook and they're running it, step by step.

Where's my villains with awesome speech patterns?!

Is it wrong that I hope Roy dies in the most painful and gory way imaginable at some point during this season? His death could serve some good as the catalyst that sees Ollie go back to killing fools.

wildfire

Banned
I kinda hope Arrow finished after 5 seasons. I know the creators have a plan for the 5 seasons and the island flashbacks will take 5 seasons to fully flesh out. I really liked the idea that the first scene of first episode is the very last scene of the show that was mentioned by one of the producers. Hopefully they won't try to over-extend it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Olliver Queen cameo in other DC universe shows afterwards, though.

Well I'm hoping it doesn't get the same treatment Babylon 5 did before it could finish everything.

It's just really hard for me to imagine any scenario that the writers could write that would rehab Laurel's character and make sense for Laurel and Oliver to be together. There's just so much baggage it borders on the insane.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Does this mean fanfic incoming?

Oh it most certainly does. I have two in the works. One involves Detective Lance and Ollie and that trick arrow with the rubber fist...yes It gonna happen. As for the other well let's say Prison Moira will find herself in a curious position.

Oh it most certainly does. I have two in the works. One involves Detective Lance and Ollie and that trick arrow with the rubber fist...yes It gonna happen. As for the other well let's say Prison Moira will find herself in a curious position.

Make sure to eventually do one with Black Canary and her staff... and Thea.

I'm making my way through Arkham Origins, and this makes me think they should use this plot setup for an Arrow two or three episode arc in a later season. Somebody offers a ludicrous sum of money for the Arrow's head on a stick before dawn. Cue every freak, scumbag, and psycho in the city tearing Starling apart to find and kill Oliver. Exhausting gauntlet as Oliver survives and overcomes the night and proves himself the biggest badass in the city. It'd be like that one scene homage to the Raid, but across three episodes with every second a concentrated punch of awesome to the throat.

You naughty boy!

ptcbdux.gif

I'll do it!

zaLVg.gif

Those Caity Lotz Esquire pictures? Oh, my!

batmanreturns_smile.gif

So for set reuses so far:

Queen Mansion = Luthor Mansion

CNRI Offices = Daily Planet

Canary Clocktower = Watchtower

I bet either the Queen Consolidated or Merlyn offices were used in Smallville as Luthorcorp or Queen Industries offices, but that may take some comparison to check

Rokam

So for set reuses so far:

Queen Mansion = Luthor Mansion

CNRI Offices = Daily Planet

Canary Clocktower = Watchtower

I bet either the Queen Consolidated or Merlyn offices were used in Smallville as Luthorcorp or Queen Industries offices, but that may take some comparison to check

I'm waiting for the bridge that has been used in Smallville and Supernatural to show up, the shots are always below the bridge, on a dirt road, angled facing up towards the bridge.

Clevinger

I just want to take a minute to recognize how frustrated Cassidy must be with the writing and writing staff. This is how I imagine their conversations going:

Arrow Writers: Welcome aboard, Katie. This character is great. She's based off of Dinah Laurel Lance, who in the comics is this mega badass female vigilante named Black Canary. She's actually one of the strongest fighters in the comic universe. She kicks loads of ass.

Katie: Oh, wow, that sounds really cool.

Arrow Writers: I know, right? Well, in this show you'll be a lawyer and most of your storylines will be about a melodramatic love triangle.

Katie: ...but you just said...

Arrow Writers: Don't worry. You'll have plenty of moments where you're a badass. Like this one time you try to fend off this assassin with a shotgun. You look so cool.

Katie: All right, now that sounds go-

Arrow Writers: Then your gun immediately jams.

Katie: ...

Arrow Writers: This other time you punch this dude who's trying to kidnap you.

Katie: Awww yeaa-

Arrow Writers: Then you're immediately tasered and knocked out and kidnapped.

Arrow Writers: Then this other time where you disarm one of the many armed men who walk into your dinner party.

Katie: Let me guess. Another gun is immediately stuck in my face and I look like a reckless dumbass.

Arrow Writers: How'd you guess...? Never mind. Now your biggest moment comes in the finale. It's huge. There's this big earthquake, and all the characters are telling you to get to safety. You disregard them and you run into a collapsing building to get some work files and end up getting your ex-boyfriend killed.

Katie: ...Am I being punk'd? Is Laurel the most elaborate punk'd episode of all time?

-season 2-

Arrow Writers: OK, Katie, we recognize we made a few mistakes with your character. But don't worry. It's a new season. We're improving all the characters. It's time for change. It's time for Laurel 2.0.

Katie: I like the sound of this.

Arrow Writers: We're going to make Laurel irrationally hate the hero of the show and blame him for Tommy's death. She's going to want to catch the vigilante. She gets obsessed. She becomes a somewhat interesting antagonist.

Katie: People are going to hate Laurel even more, but at least it gives her something to do besides be a love interest. Fine.

Arrow Writers: Then two episodes later we abandon that plot thread.

Arrow Writers: But don't worry. We have a huge fix for your character coming. It's going to fix everything.

Katie: Thank god.

Arrow Writers: So you know how when we announced this show everyone expected Laurel to be this awesome kickass sexy vigilante Black Canary that people would like? Well, we're going to bring in ANOTHER character who's this awesome sexy mega badass vigilante Black Canary. She's going to be a big character, having flashbacks and character development and the whole shebang. She even has a sidekick!

Katie: OK. How does that help Laurel?

Arrow Writers: Well, we're eventually going to kill off that character and Laurel will take her place.

Katie: ...but if people really like that character, won't that make people hate Laurel even more? And besides that, aren't you setting up a standard that Laurel can never live up to? Oliver went through five years of hell to become what he is. Sara was trained by assassins for five or six years. Laurel... took some self defense classes? Won't Laurel just feel like a lame wannabe when she becomes a vigilante? A cheap replacement?

Arrow Writers: Huh... We didn't really think of that stuff...

Katie: You god damn sons of bitches.

-some new scripts come in-

Arrow Writers: OK, it's time for Laurel 5.0.

Katie: I thought we were doing Laurel 2.0...?

Arrow Writers: No one's perfect. We screwed up a bit. But it's a new day. These are new scripts. This is a new Laurel. We finally found the perfect storyline for her.

Katie: Oh boy...

Arrow Writers: So while Laurel's sister is going around town as a badass vigilante helping the hero fight bad guys, getting character development, being in flashbacks, Laurel becomes a pill popping drunk.

Arrow Writers: She actually gets pulled over for drunk driving, she pulls the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" card, and the cop lets her go because her dad's a cop. Oh, and she goes on a date with the guy who wants to put Oliver's mother on death row.

Katie: ............................

Arrow Writers: Oh! One great upcoming story we forgot. Laurel joins the prosecuting team that's working to put Moira to death.

Katie: FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom