• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

I hope so much they get Constantine right.

Well the actor definitely looks the part.
33b7d9e13bf5461cc6f49a4024952057.jpg

Wiktor

I hope so much they get Constantine right.

I have high hopes for it. Loved Hellblazer, even liked Keanu movie (as different as it was) and the IP seems well suited for TV adaptation. Add to this that it's showrunner previously made by favorite show of all time (first 4 seasons of Dexter) plus great casting and it's definitely show I'm most hyped about right now.
The Tomorrow People is actually made by Julie Plec and Greg Berlanti, so it is a combination of The Vampire Diaries people with the Arrow people.

I stand corrected then :)

- THR: 'Arrow' Co-Creator Marc Guggenheim Touts First Novel, 'Overwatch,' Teases What's Next for Oliver Queen and Company

It's mostly him discussing/flogging his new book, but there's a little Arrow talk at the end:
Switching gears: We love Arrow at THR and are fond of calling it the best live-action superhero show ever. This season the show really seems to be firing on all cylinders. Not that last season was bad but this one is fantastic. Are you doing something different this year?

Last year the episodes were fractured. This year they are more coherent and cohesive. The “B” and “C” stories connect better with the “A”

What can you tell us about the remainder of the season?

The people craving more screen time for the core three [Oliver, Felicity and Diggle]. That’s coming in a big way.

Ok WB, AoS(the show formerly known as Shit) has finally 1-upped you.
Retaliate by making Arrow part of the movie universe, there is no downside besides being stuck with one screwed up Huntress.

Wiktor

Retaliate by making Arrow part of the movie universe, there is no downside besides being stuck with one screwed up Huntress.

God no. Do that and Deathstroke will be the last big villain you will ever see on Arrow. Say goodbye to Ra's or Harley's appearances in the future.

Wiktor

Why not just shape the film universe after Arrow?

It will never happen, but the world would be a better place for it.

I think DC live action universe will be better with several existing shared universes than one big one. Let CW carve their own with Flash, Arrow and Young Justice. Combine movies into separate one. And then still allow different movies and tv shows (like Sandman, Constantine or Gotham) to exist in their own separate continuities.

I think DC live action universe will be better with several existing shared universes than one big one. Let CW carve their own with Flash, Arrow and Young Justice. Combine movies into separate one. And then still allow different movies and tv shows (like Sandman, Constantine or Gotham) to exist in their own separate continuities.

In my mind, everything Vertigo is its own separate universe. All self contained and never crossing over. At least in my mind.

Which makes me think, how about HBO or someone make a Transmetropolitan series.

God no. Do that and Deathstroke will be the last big villain you will ever see on Arrow. Say goodbye to Ra's or Harley's appearances in the future.
I think Ra's and the League are probably out for a while. In the end they were basically the main villain of the Nolan series.
If Arrow were to be connected(and planned ahead) they cast someone like Oded Fehr,
He shows up for 4 or 5 episodes and done. As long as Ollie doesn't kill him it doesn't interfere with his movie usage.
I wouldn't expect much other than Talia or flashbacks for at least 2 solo movies.

Harley didn't technically appear anyway, as long as the Batman movies don't have her origin at the current time that wouldn't have affected movie appearances at all.
which makes sense in the new movie universe Batman is 40 meaning he has been around about 20 years thus most villain are already established in universe so just showing up for a quick few episodes isn't going to contradict anything.

It can also help in other cases, say for example
Nightwing will show up in Batman vs Superman for 2 minutes without big future plans for him, with the Arrow connection in mind they cast someone that is open to 3 or 4 episodes of Arrow in his contract.

Or maybe they plan ahead on having Red Hood as the villain in the first solo Batman movie, you can have him show up for an episode or two on Arrow
and as long as they don't discover his identity it doesn't affect the actual movie. It just gives the potential for more background building that the movies don't have time for.

Wiktor

I think Ra's and the League are probably out for a while. In the end they were basically the main villain of the Nolan series.
If Arrow were to be connected(and planned ahead) they cast someone like Oded Fehr,
He shows up for 4 or 5 episodes and done. As long as Ollie doesn't kill him it doesn't interfere with his movie usage.
I wouldn't expect much other than Talia or flashbacks for at least 2 solo movies.

Harley didn't technically appear anyway, as long as the Batman movies don't have her origin at the current time that wouldn't have affected movie appearances at all.
which makes sense in the new movie universe Batman is 40 meaning he has been around about 20 years thus most villain are already established in universe so just showing up for a quick few episodes isn't going to contradict anything.

It can also help in other cases, say for example
Nightwing will show up in Batman vs Superman for 2 minutes without big future plans for him, with the Arrow connection in mind they cast someone that is open to 3 or 4 episodes of Arrow in his contract.

Or maybe they plan ahead on having Red Hood as the villain in the first solo Batman movie, you can have him show up for an episode or two on Arrow
and as long as they don't discover his identity it doesn't affect the actual movie. It just gives the potential for more background building that the movies don't have time for.
You know what all your examples of villains have in common? THey are cameos or guest stars at most. Deathstroke has been playing around on the show for two whole seasons. He's actually regular in S2. And if the plot demands it he will die.

Movies make huge money. Arrow is small tv show. If there's ever a clash between movie and tv vision, the cinema will always win.

It's just not worth it. It's better to have tv versions of all those characters. They won't appear in movies, but in turn you can do whatever you want with them on TV.

Mario007

You know what all your examples of villains have in common? THey are cameos or guest stars at most. Deathstroke has been playing around on the show for two whole seasons. He's actually regular in S2. And if the plot demands it he will die.

Movies make huge money. Arrow is small tv show. If there's ever a clash between movie and tv vision, the cinema will always win.

It's just not worth it. It's better to have tv versions of all those characters. They won't appear in movies, but in turn you can do whatever you want with them on TV.

Considering when BvsS comes out and how Arrow should really be a 5 season show, they might as well link them without much trouble for the Arrowverse.

Wiktor

Considering when BvsS comes out and how Arrow should really be a 5 season show, they might as well link them without much trouble for the Arrowverse.

Maybe, but Flash will be only on S3 at most then. Young Justice and Hourman at S2.
I love Arrow and hope it will spawn at least a decade of awesome DC shows on CW. Linking them to movies would seriously limit what the creators can do.
CW making a connected universe only among it's shows is the best of both worlds to me. You get all the advantage of crossovers, without having to worry about stepping on Warner Bros' toes.

Mario007

Maybe, but Flash will be only on S3 at most then. Young Justice and Hourman at S2.
I love Arrow and hope it will spawn at least a decade of awesome DC shows on CW. Linking them to movies would seriously limit what the creators can do.
CW making a connected universe only among it's shows is the best of both worlds to me. You get all the advantage of crossovers, without having to worry about stepping on Warner Bros' toes.

That's true, if CW decides to try to have a take on a few more DC characters that will spawn off Arrow then I'd be fine with it. But if Flash and Arrow were the only things that are connected then I'd say might as well link them to the big movies.

Also I really hope Arrow finishes with S5. I love the show, but the original pitch of the final scene being the first scene of the series is just waaaay too cool a thing not to be done.

DarkFlow

Banned
So I just started watching this on Sat, well I'm now on episode 4 of season 2. I'm glad I found this show when I did. I also about exploded in my pants when Ra's al Gaul was name dropped lol.

Dennis

Banned
Haven't watched this show because it seemed like a cheesy Smallville-type thing.

Is it good, like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Haven't watched this show because it seemed like a cheesy Smallville-type thing.

Let me put it this way; if Agents of SHIELD was a banana, Arrow would be a Banoffee-pie served by Nigella Lawson in lingerie.

Joni

This weeks SHIELD episode is indeed better than this weeks Arrow episode.

Why is it that all love triangles on CW shows turn out to have the third person spying at the first two kissing/hugging/making out?

Welcome to the new age.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

DC learned a lot from Smallville. This show is the polar opposite of it and, like every comment so far, leagues better than AoS.

Clevinger

vague but easy to figure out spoilers from Amell

@amellywood
The season finale of #Arrow is called "Unthinkable", but it could be called "OH MY GOD EVERYBODY'S HERE!!!"
Finale!! Here's Ron - from our camera crew - setting down marks for an Arrow Cave scene. Looks to be seven different colors. Oh man...

TDLink

No. One good episode of AoS riding off the success and plot twists of a great film does not mean the show has 1-upped Arrow.

Jonogunn

No. One good episode of AoS riding off the success and plot twists of a great film does not mean the show has 1-upped Arrow.

This was the tie-in to the rest of the mcu we all hoped for from the beginning.

Let's hope the AOS continues with this sorta thing.

To be fair to AOS I wasn't too fond of Arrow in season 1 either. I only watched it because I'm a superhero fan but I never looked forward to it. Was til really late in season 1 that I got on board and wasn't til they announced powers in the summer that I got really hooked.

Hopefully AOS follows Arrow and really picks up from here so we get blessed with 2 great superhero shoes (until the defenders on Netflix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom