• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tugatrix

Oh it most certainly does. I have two in the works. One involves Detective Lance and Ollie and that trick arrow with the rubber fist...yes It gonna happen. As for the other well let's say Prison Moira will find herself in a curious position.

tumblr_m7diig61WG1qe6nyz.gif

This thread has gone down a disturbing path.

This was always in your heart.

I just want to take a minute to recognize how frustrated Cassidy must be with the writing and writing staff. This is how I imagine their conversations going:

Arrow Writers: Welcome aboard, Katie. This character is great. She's based off of Dinah Laurel Lance, who in the comics is this mega badass female vigilante named Black Canary. She's actually one of the strongest fighters in the comic universe. She kicks loads of ass.

Katie: Oh, wow, that sounds really cool.

Arrow Writers: I know, right? Well, in this show you'll be a lawyer and most of your storylines will be about a melodramatic love triangle.

Katie: ...but you just said...

Arrow Writers: Don't worry. You'll have plenty of moments where you're a badass. Like this one time you try to fend off this assassin with a shotgun. You look so cool.

Katie: All right, now that sounds go-

Arrow Writers: Then your gun immediately jams.

Katie: ...

Arrow Writers: This other time you punch this dude who's trying to kidnap you.

Katie: Awww yeaa-

Arrow Writers: Then you're immediately tasered and knocked out and kidnapped.

Arrow Writers: Then this other time where you disarm one of the many armed men who walk into your dinner party.

Katie: Let me guess. Another gun is immediately stuck in my face and I look like a reckless dumbass.

Arrow Writers: How'd you guess...? Never mind. Now your biggest moment comes in the finale. It's huge. There's this big earthquake, and all the characters are telling you to get to safety. You disregard them and you run into a collapsing building to get some work files and end up getting your ex-boyfriend killed.

Katie: ...Am I being punk'd? Is Laurel the most elaborate punk'd episode of all time?

-season 2-

Arrow Writers: OK, Katie, we recognize we made a few mistakes with your character. But don't worry. It's a new season. We're improving all the characters. It's time for change. It's time for Laurel 2.0.

Katie: I like the sound of this.

Arrow Writers: We're going to make Laurel irrationally hate the hero of the show and blame him for Tommy's death. She's going to want to catch the vigilante. She gets obsessed. She becomes a somewhat interesting antagonist.

Katie: People are going to hate Laurel even more, but at least it gives her something to do besides be a love interest. Fine.

Arrow Writers: Then two episodes later we abandon that plot thread.

Arrow Writers: But don't worry. We have a huge fix for your character coming. It's going to fix everything.

Katie: Thank god.

Arrow Writers: So you know how when we announced this show everyone expected Laurel to be this awesome kickass sexy vigilante Black Canary that people would like? Well, we're going to bring in ANOTHER character who's this awesome sexy mega badass vigilante Black Canary. She's going to be a big character, having flashbacks and character development and the whole shebang. She even has a sidekick!

Katie: OK. How does that help Laurel?

Arrow Writers: Well, we're eventually going to kill off that character and Laurel will take her place.

Katie: ...but if people really like that character, won't that make people hate Laurel even more?

Arrow Writers: Huh... We didn't really think of that...

Katie: You god damn sons of bitches.

Holy shit. Fucking loooooool. This is brilliant.

Wow, this is crazy. I'm currently watching this week's episode, and only 4.5 minutes in, I had to pause it to see who directed it because the camerawork is unusually fluid. Then it comes to my mind that I commented in last season's thread after an episode that the person who directed it needs to direct more episodes because the camerawork was well done there too. After a quick search to refresh my memory of the Season 1 OT, then confirming it on IMDB, Glen Winter was the director of that episode, and on this one as well. I'm gonna go finish watching now.

TL;DR= Get Glen Winter to direct more episodes.

Wow, this is crazy. I'm currently watching this week's episode, and only 4.5 minutes in, I had to pause it to see who directed it because the camerawork is unusually fluid. Then it comes to my mind that I commented in last season's thread after an episode that the person who directed it needs to direct more episodes because the camerawork was well done there too. After a quick search to refresh my memory of the Season 1 OT, then confirming it on IMDB, Glen Winter was the director of that episode, and on this one as well. I'm gonna go finish watching now.

Agreed

I shall pay attention when I see his name come up now.

I had a similar experience when watching Fringe. It got to the point where I could usually tell if Brad Anderson was directing the episode within the first few seconds. Coincidentally, he also directed some of the best episodes of the series.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Some like it rough...

Ollie was surrounded by Starling City’s finest SWAT team. Their lasers pointed at his head with precision. One wrong move and surely they would shoot a million bullets into his body. He never thought he would ever find himself in such a position. What do I do?! He thought, sweat running down his forehead. I’m surrounded. I can’t get out of this.[/INDENT]
Somebody pushed their way to the front. It was Detective Lance. He had a smile on his face. “So we finally caught The Hood. I knew we would. You were sure to make a mistake, sooner or later.” He walked around Ollie and took his hands and cuffed him. “Let’s take him downtown, boys.” With that a sack was placed over his face. All Ollie saw was darkness.
Ollie soon found himself shackled to the table in the interrogation room. The sack was still over his head. He heard the door opened and footsteps approached the table. “So how about we start by seeing who you really are.” It was Detective Lance. As the sack came off, Ollie was blinded by the bright fluorescent lights of the interrogation room. There stood Lance smiling with his quiver in his hand. “I’m gonna unmask you now.” He put the quiver down on the table and walked over behind The Vigilante and pulled back his hood. “Oliver Queen…I should have known you would be behind this.”
“I’ve done more for this city than you’ll ever do!” Oliver shouted at Lance. Oliver was fuming. His identity was now known. He would never see the light of day again.
“What? You killing everyone in sight is doing more for this city?” Lance picked up the quicker and poured out the arrows. He picked up one. It was an arrow with a hard rubber fist at the end. “What’s this for?”
“To knock people out” Ollie responded.
“Oh? I had something else in mind.” He smiled. “Stand up now!” Ollie resisted, but Lance picked him up the arm so he was standing. Lance put his face close to Ollie’s and spoke in ear, “You know I’ve always had my eye out for you, Queen.” Lance could smell the sweat musk that came from Oliver’s ripped body. “After Sarah died, I changed my tastes.”
“Is that so?” Oliver said. Not sure what would come of this new development. He tried to remain calm but Detective Lance suddenly began to group his private area. The hell is he doing?!” Ollie could not help that he began to feel things down there. I can’t keep it down!”
Lance walked away back towards the table and grabbed the fist arrow. “Drop ‘em Mr. Queen.” Oliver did so, but not reluctantly. There was a reason why he always carried that arrow. He was waiting for just the right person to use it. His pants dropped to the floor and soon he felt the hard rubber fist in his behind.
“You like that huh?” Lance asked.
“You’re so gentle, Detective. I thought you were a man of force.” Ollie said.
“Oh I’m just getting warmed up,” Lance said as spanked Oliver’s shaped butt.
“I guess this is the bad cop routine, huh?” I like when you’re bad, Detective Lance. Ollie reached back and caressed Lance's thick chest pair pulling it hard. Lance cried out in sudden pain and surprise. “You like this rough stuff, good.” Ollie turned around to look at him. Lance stared at billionaire vigilante and could not escape his striking blue eyes. Lance knew one thing and that was Oliver Queen. Lance moved his head forward and planted his lips on Ollie’s and kissed him. They kissed gently at first but then with force. Lance never felt more alive than now.
“Oh really? Then you’re really gonna like what I have in store for you in a bit,” with that Lance inserted the rubber fist arrow deeper and Ollie cried out! It did not matter though as Ollie liked it.

This is just a taste of what's to come.

Felicity need to enter that story, lesbian menage

No love for Moira?

I just realized that... we're reading all these bizarre lustful shipping erotic fanfics.

But you know what I wanna read? A sentimentally sweet romance between Prison Moira and Walter Steele. Sometimes, you gotta make time for the love in between the thrusts.

Edit: Good Lord, you BC fans' (and Wozzly's story ideas) heads will explode next episode (spoilers for next episode): https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1390475_524439520974653_2094363085_n.jpg

hamchan

Caught up to the latest episode and wow, that was really great.

-Serial killer plot was pretty darn morbid and enjoyable
-Black Canary is awesome
-Slade Wilson getting all burned, oh no :(
-Laurel realizing that it was totally her fault Tommy died, good.
-That Ra's Al Ghul name drop, goddamn.
-Besides that CGI boat looking terrible, this show continues to impress me with production values that seem good, even though it probably isn't since it's the CW.

Now let's talk about how hot the people on this show are.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Yikes! I better step my game up! I'm working on the Thea/Black Canary story at the moment. It'll have the usual twist and turns my fics are famous for.

Ha, that's awesome. Her expression.

Am I the only person that thought the scene in the attorney's office was a mess up?

What do you mean? Like, Laurel having an entire swat team on standby? Or Ollie shooting Daniels with an arrow while Quentin loses his shit in the background?

Yikes! I better step my game up! I'm working on the Thea/Black Canary story at the moment. It'll have the usual twist and turns my fics are famous for.

animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

What do you mean? Like, Laurel having an entire swat team on standby? Or Ollie shooting Daniels with an arrow while Quentin loses his shit in the background?
When you see Ollie's shadow on the wall from the window, the guy turns around to look at Ollie in the room behind him. in the background you see another person in the arrow costume slip offscreen.

probably not a mistake but just bad editing.
first time I noticed something like that on this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom