• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
even stephen amell stepped up his game up with that flashback scene. it had like 10 amell pauses but still he really sold that feeling of lying to yourself to get over something i was impressed.

Amell doesn't get the credit he deserves. He plays three distinct characters on this show (Flashback Oliver, Public Oliver, the Arrow) and makes all of them have a completely different personality. There isn't a lot of nuance inside each of those three roles, but I feel that has a lot to do with CW writing.

EDIT: Storyboards for the final scene of the last episode. Spoilers, of course:

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/marc-guggenheim-shares-the-storyboard-for-that-scene-spoiler/16979

Amell doesn't get the credit he deserves. He plays three distinct characters on this show (Flashback Oliver, Public Oliver, the Arrow) and makes all of them have a completely different personality. There isn't a lot of nuance inside each of those three roles, but I feel that has a lot to do with CW writing.

EDIT: Storyboards for the final scene of the last episode. Spoilers, of course:

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/marc-guggenheim-shares-the-storyboard-for-that-scene-spoiler/16979

???

Why would you ever make a thing like this public 3 weeks before the episode airs?

Because they're doing blood infusions now rather than using straight mirakuru. Somehow by using the blood of someone who has already survived mirakuru, it doesn't kill the person being injected with it.
I thought it had more to do with extracting the target's blood and then infusing it with the mirakuru in the machine before putting it back. If it was just an infusion then you wouldn't need a super high-end machine.

I thought it had more to do with extracting the target's blood and then infusing it with the mirakuru in the machine before putting it back. If it was just an infusion then you wouldn't need a super high-end machine.

I could be mistaken but I believe the first machine that Slade was looking for was the one that infused the blood with the mirakuru but the one he ended up taking was a special device that took his blood, metabolized it and transfused it to multiple people at once. This is why the Arrow crew planned their attack for when the machine activated because Slade's body would be weak after transfusing to so many people at once.

I could be mistaken but I believe the first machine that Slade was looking for was the one that infused the blood with the mirakuru but the one he ended up taking was a special device that took his blood, metabolized it and transfused it to multiple people at once. This is why the Arrow crew planned their attack for when the machine activated because Slade's body would be weak after transfusing to so many people at once.
I assumed the first machine was just so they could extract the mirakuru from Slade's blood. But the 2nd extracts it from a source, infuses it with the target's blood (outside of their body) before being transfused.

But it doesn't really matter because ultimately it's just a machine that makes bad guys.

I assumed the first machine was just so they could extract the mirakuru from Slade's blood. But the 2nd extracts it from a source, infuses it with the target's blood (outside of their body) before being transfused.

That sounds feasible but it wasn't what I understood of it at the time. I'll have to queue up the ep again and double check I guess.

Kaswa101

Goddamnit I watched the latest Arrow last night.

Why the fuck did they kill the interesting milf but not the dumb as a dolmon sister. Fuck you Arrow writers.

Damn though Slade, not even a quick bullet to the head, but a damn sword to the heart. That's deep man.

He gave her a warrior's death. He even shed a manly tear when he did so, and I think that emphasizes just how conflicted he really is inside.

Goddamn I love this show. Bring on the inevitable Malcolm vs Deathstroke fight. Maybe toss Ra's in there too lol.

A huge part of Arrow's success is its soap-ness which really benefits from the episodic format, and I don't think that would transfer over effectively to a film universe.

That said, I have very low confidence in Snyder/Goyer to run a good DC movie universe, just as I have very low confidence in JJ Abrams running Star Wars, because both of their most recent movies managed to snatch failure from the jaws of success due to some really questionable decision-making. I've come out of a lot of Marvel movies being disappointed, but I came out of those two movies being very frustrated and confused.

Just watched this weeks episode. As others had said, pretty average up until the final 10 minutes or so. Those 10 minutes though, holy hell. It was kind of obvious that they were building towards something like that in this season, but I did not expect it in this episode.
You knew right away that Moira was going to die as soon as she revealed that she knew Oliver was the arrow (By the way, it's a breath of fresh air that they don't downplay how obvious it is that Oliver is the Arrow. Anyone close to him would have easily figured it out) but I assumed it would happen in the finale or something.
They're really setting the bar high with this season, it's by far my favorite show to watch week to week this year.

More Barrowmen though! He's by far the most charismatic actor on the show. Probably any show with him on it in fact (Minus Tennant Who).

I rewatched the last scene. Hell, even Slade is crying!

And then the last flashback was pretty killer too. Smell was on point. This was a great episode for Susanna Thompson to go out on. Absolutely killed it.

I knew she was going to die the minute it was revealed she knew Ollie was the Arrow, but damn they let her die a hero.

Real tears here.

Nobody can know my secret!

Except for Diggle.

And Helena.

And Felicity.

And Tommy.

And Malcolm.

And Waller.

And the Count.

And Sara.

And Barry.

And Roy.

And Slade.

And Isabel.

And Laurel.

And Moira.

You know what? Everybody can know my secret.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Except for Diggle.

And Helena.

And Felicity.

And Tommy.

And Malcolm.

And Waller.

And the Count.

And Sara.

And Barry.

And Roy.

And Slade.

And Isabel.

And Laurel.

And Moira.

Over half those people figured it out on their own though and aren't exactly easily kill-able.

Jonogunn

Except for Diggle.

And Helena.

And Felicity.

And Tommy.

And Malcolm.

And Waller.

And the Count.

And Sara.

And Barry.

And Roy.

And Slade.

And Isabel.

And Laurel.

And Moira.

To be fair the count can't know his secret and that's why he's dead

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So im no big Comic guy, but i love me some Arrow. From what i`ve read Slade Wilson/Deathstroke is nothing more than a punching bag for Batman in the comics....does he also has the Mirakuru injected in the comics ? Because if yes, it really difficult to see how he would get stomped by Batman.

Except for Diggle.

And Helena.

And Felicity.

And Tommy.

And Malcolm.

And Waller.

And the Count.

And Sara.

And Barry.

And Roy.

And Slade.

And Isabel.

And Laurel.

And Moira.

Three of those people are DEAD.

I imagine a few more from this list will kick it pretty soon too. It was Ollie's plan all along...

Jonogunn

In s1 it was okay for him to be captured and hencemen to know his identity because he would kill them right after anyway.

But now in s2 he can't kill he sure does conveniently get captured a whole lot less lol

So im no big Comic guy, but i love me some Arrow. From what i`ve read Slade Wilson/Deathstroke is nothing more than a punching bag for Batman in the comics....does he also has the Mirakuru injected in the comics ? Because if yes, it really difficult to see how he would get stomped by Batman.

Slade was subject to a government experiment kind of like Captain America minus being a 90 pound weakling beforehand but what was done with him only resulted in his being a "peak human" the same thing Batman trained himself up to being. Show Slade is a lot stronger than comic Slade or was, no idea what they've done with him now but...

Son of Batman spoilers
he's pretty much Damien Wayne's bitch despite Damien only being like 10 years old

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Slade was subject to a government experiment kind of like Captain America minus being a 90 pound weakling beforehand but what was done with him only resulted in his being a "peak human" the same thing Batman trained himself up to being. Show Slade is a lot stronger than comic Slade or was, no idea what they've done with him now but...

Son of Batman spoilers
he's pretty much Damien Wayne's bitch despite Damien only being like 10 years old

Thanks - thats what i thought. Also saw the footage of Son of Batman and thought.....WTF. Great to see that they created a Kick-Ass version on the show, beacuse it seems like Comic Slade is joke compared to the bigger DC bad guys.

kswiston

Son of Batman spoilers

Comics just have Deathstroke job to Batman because fanboys love Batman. In other comics, they have him take down the Flash and Superboy in single combat. He's above peak human in reflexes and strength.

Toadette

Banned
i would of rather thea die because when that scene was airing i was pray for mama queen to survive

Ar5OkGRCEAA0Hq4.png

Khezu

In the comics Deathstroke is all over the place, sometimes he is super mary sue beating the entire Justice League, other times he's jobbing like a punk.

The only times I have ever liked DS is outside of comics, like in Arrow and Injustice.

ReiGun

Back before Batman became an untouchable demigod, Slade used to body him free.

batmanvsdeathstroke44hzzt8.gif

But yeah, Slade's always been inconsistent. He took down the whole Justice League in Identity Crisis, but has struggled for years to beat the Teen Titans. He's washed Batman, but often fights Nightwing to a stalemate.*

*Now, you could take away that this indicates that Dick has surpassed his teacher, but lol. Like DC would ever let anyone be > Batman.

Remmy2112

But yeah, Slade's always been inconsistent. He took down the whole Justice League in Identity Crisis, but has struggled for years to beat the Teen Titans. He's washed Batman, but often fights Nightwing to a stalemate.*

*Now, you could take away that this indicates that Dick has surpassed his teacher, but lol. Like DC would ever let anyone be > Batman.

Aren't most of the fights between Deathstroke and Nightwing stalemates because Nightwing always evades and fights defensively so Deathstroke pretty much can't lay a finger on him and ends up getting winded?

I was getting the impression that Roy was his son or something.

That's what I thought the flash backs were for, setting up Slade revealing it to Ollie but probably not. It's more likely going to be a season three thing.

Nah, season when 1 he was interrogated by Lance, Lance was throwing out some truths for the lie detector. Oliver Queen were you born in 1985 something. Plus Roy's what 18-20

Half-aunt, actually. I'd also be curious why he lived in the glades while his mom got $2 million.

You'd be surprised how quickly you can spend two million dollars if you have no self-restraint and make poor decisions on what to spend money on. I read a case where this woman won around a million dollars in a civil case and then managed to spend all of it in the next five years, ending up penniless and addicted to every drug ever.

ascii42

You'd be surprised how quickly you can spend two million dollars if you have no self-restraint and make poor decisions on what to spend money on. I read a case where this woman won around a million dollars in a civil case and then managed to spend all of it in the next five years, ending up penniless and addicted to every drug ever.

Certainly true, but I'd like to think Moira was keeping tabs on her and her grandson.

I love when TV shows kill off major characters unexpectedly. I eventually hated Heroes because the show got so attached to its characters that deaths became meaningless when time travel/Claire's blood/retcons can just revert everything. It's why shows like 24 and Game of Thrones are so tense to watch - you don't know when a knife might come out of the dark and kill off your favourite character.

Arrow has been pretty good about keeping deaths permanent, even for a comic book show. Yeah Malcolm is alive, but of course, we never saw his dead body. Sarah's miraculous survival was a bit ridiculous at first, but the show is going to great lengths to show how she survived along with Ollie. Tommy and Shado have stayed dead and had better stay dead along with Moira for the sake of plot integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom