• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody can know my secret!

Except for Diggle.

And Helena.

And Felicity.

And Tommy.

And Malcolm.

And Waller.

And the Count.

And Sara.

And Barry.

And Roy.

And Slade.

And Isabel.

And Laurel.

And Moira.

You know what? Everybody can know my secret.

ohmrjpp.gif

BBboy20

What I loved most about Moira's character is how everything she did was for her family. Every nefarious action, deal, and secret was, in her mind was justified to protect Oliver and Thea. This aspect of her character is consistent with her comic counter part, though she died much earlier in comics, it is somewhat poetic that she dies the same way.

Nz45xzE.jpg
She used a Desert Eagle? That is even more BA.

Marvel Studios managed to do just fine without their biggest characters.
If GOTG is a hit, then there is hope for even the nichest of niche.

It is not 2006 anymore. That is true. Warner Bros won't be judged by 2006 standards. They will be judged by 2014 standards, a time the Marvel Movie Universe exists. Look at last year, Man of Steel is considered a flop because it didn't do Avengers numbers, because it isn't Justice League. They could start with a smaller hero, but it won't be compared to the original Iron Man. It will be judged by current standards. That is why they need to come out the door swinging with actual big names. They don't have time to let a hero grow.

They relegated Superman to The CW while still making Superman Returns. They have made Jonah Hex, they have made Green Lantern, they have made Watchmen, they have made V for Vendetta. These aren't even Iron Man level heroes, these are even smaller. Iron Man at least had that awful, awful cartoon. You can blame them for not getting a movie universe out there, but they couldn't with Nolan. I can't blame them for starting off their universe based around Batman and Superman when it is clear they are going up against the Avengers, and that will be their opponent, not some 2008 level Iron Man movie that started off the universe. If The Avengers didn't exist, they could take it slow. Iron Man 1 & 2 were the only big hits, they can't now.
So basically: risk the quality to be just above the Ghost Rider movies and hope you make a boat load of money anyways.

Why not. Why use another version of Green Arrow when this one is doing well. It would help them out overall in popularity to help compete with MCU. Also like I said earlier MCU has a tv show in their universe so this can be their equivalent
I think this is coming from somebody who either didn't like Man of Steel/Snyder/Goyer/all of the above. Which I would agree as with the recent developments of the Superman sequel, I'm convinced the CW is the last bastion of hope for non-comic DC stuff (unless DC bring DC Nation to Toonami or have Bruce Timm do something..or even bring Batman Beyond back).

Nah, season when 1 he was interrogated by Lance, Lance was throwing out some truths for the lie detector. Oliver Queen were you born in 1985 something. Plus Roy's what 18-20

o_O I wasn't agreeing with the idea that Roy is Ollie's son, that's just ridiculous. I was agreeing with the idea that Slade might know of Ollie's kid in Central City but that it's more likely a seed planted for next season.

You'd be surprised how quickly you can spend two million dollars if you have no self-restraint and make poor decisions on what to spend money on. I read a case where this woman won around a million dollars in a civil case and then managed to spend all of it in the next five years, ending up penniless and addicted to every drug ever.

Lottery winners are a really good example, David Edwards was (he died last year pretty much penniless) a notable extreme example of this. He blew through 27 million dollars (can't remember if that was after final taxes or just initial) in about five years.

Joni

So basically: risk the quality to be just above the Ghost Rider movies and hope you make a boat load of money anyways.
Yes, that is why I mean by saying they need Batman to launch their universe despite the fact the Batman films have been the top of their class when it comes to actual superhero movies.

DieH@rd

Banned
If anyone openly spoils what will happen in Arrow, I will fuck him up. For weeks now I am spoiler free [except some talks about Rochev that were mentioned in Arrow After Show].

Levi

Banned
If anyone openly spoils what will happen in Arrow, I will fuck him up. For weeks now I am spoiler free [except some talks about Rochev that were mentioned in Arrow After Show].

Thanks, internet tough guy, for reiterating the spoiler policy that already exists.

Joni

I'm glad I have 'saved' up my season 1 Blu-Ray for the summer, because this show will go in summer recess way too soon.

tim1138

Decided to go on the Arrow subreddit. One of the posts I see is "Could Laurel become Manhunter"
I just ... whaaat
UlmEm9i.gif

Her boss is Kate Spencer after all, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. And Laurel has the whole "I suck at life" thing that Kate perfected during Andreyko's run on the character. It'd be an interesting twist.

Magwik

Banned
Her boss is Kate Spencer after all, so it wouldn't be that much of a stretch. And Laurel has the whole "I suck at life" thing that Kate perfected during Andreyko's run on the character. It'd be an interesting twist.

Well I'm not too familiar with the comics so I assumed Martian Manhunter when I read it.

Khezu

Or just let Ollie hook up with her boss and then train her to be Manhunter.

Laurel can still use a few seasons of suffering.

DieH@rd

Banned
Nah, here you go - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunter_(Kate_Spencer)
The Manhunter character would fit into the Arrowverse quite well, it'd be good way to make Laurel useful but stay kind of bitchy and aggressive.

"In other media
Kate Spencer made her first appearance in live action on The CW television series Arrow, in the fifth episode, as a lawyer prosecuting Oliver Queen.[13] In the episode "Blind Spot," it is mentioned that she is the DA of Starling City. She appears in the episode "State v. Queen", played by Chelah Horsdal.
"

She's Laurel's current boss in DA office.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
She's also a freaking idiot. It was hilarious how laurel beat the damn DA of the city twice in a row with blackmail

but if the DA does become Manhunter then we know Laurel will be her first victim. Imagine after years of blackmail the DA snaps and goes into a rage and finally kills Laurel.

Balphon

She's also a freaking idiot. It was hilarious how laurel beat the damn DA of the city twice in a row with blackmail

And unconvincingly weak attempts at blackmail to boot.

"Give me my job back or I'm going to tell the secret that at least a dozen other people I have no control over also know!"

"Let my Dad go or I will totally quit the job I was desperate to get back and sue you."

So she is no good at her job and that explains why she needs to take the fight to the streets and out of the court room, because she was the only one getting served in there, and it sure wan't justice.

Rokam

I think next season I'm going to try to avoid spoilers. I typically read anything about this show, but think it'd be so much better to go in blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom