• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
I am sorry if I sound blunt, but if you are embarassed by having to even see fanfics, let alone read them, then why would you watch CW shows in the first place?

the hell does one have to do with the other?

I just thought we had higher standards in GAF, the one most recently posted is something out of fanfiction.net. I don't mean any offense to the poster, but c'mon guys. It's dildo-rape erotica without an inch of nuance or wit.

More embarrassing than your posts in the Football OT?

Stop hating on Khedira.

Khedira gets injured, Madrid plows their way to the Champion's League final. Coincidence? I think not.

So, some very cursory research gives me a top 10 martial artists in DC Comics list that looks something like this:

1. O-Sensei/Ducra/Batman 1 Million/other characters I've never heard of
2. Karate Kid
3. Richard Dragon
4. Cassie Cain
5. Lady Shiva
6. Bronze Tiger
7. Batman
8. Deathstroke
9. Connor Hawke
10. Black Canary
/Nightwing/Red Robin/Damain Wayne/etc.

Ollie doesn't even crack that list. Do you guys think that, given his skill on this show, The Arrow might be based on Connor?

I also see that Deathstroke has defeated both Flash and Green Lantern simultaneously (albeit in stupid ways that make little sense).

pulga

Banned
The Karate Kid? Whaaa--? Cassandra Cain should be higher, and Ollie has no business being on that list anyway.

The Karate Kid? Whaaa--? Cassandra Cain should be higher, and Ollie has no business being on that list anyway.
Her rating seems to come from a few things: her being able to beat Lady Shiva, who Batman says (but never actually shows) is better than him; and her being trained by Bats and David Cain. I don't think she's ever actually beaten Batman in a fight, though.

As for the Karate Kid, since I had no idea who he is, I looked him up on DC Wiki, and it turns out that he's some ridiculous guy from the future, who's mastered every martial arts form and can also hold his own against Superboy in a straight fight, despite not having any superpowers, using something called "Super Karate," so yeah, I'd put him on the top, too.

Regarding Deathstroke vs. Batman (Bats is apparently the standard that everyone measures against), consensus seems to be that Bats is more skilled, but Slade would win in a fight, due to his peak-/metahuman abilities.

Let's tone it down a little bit, folks. Please stick to discussing the show and keep the material on topic and marginally safe for work. Thanks.

Tugatrix

It'd be nice to open this thread and not gain an insight into the sexual preferences of neogaf members.

giphy.gif

Edit: Tone it down copy that

CryptiK

Its getting to the point where fanfic should have its own spin off thread in the community section its bloating this thread for the worse I come hear to read about the show not some "erotic novel".

Wiktor

Ollie doesn't even crack that list. Do you guys think that, given his skill on this show, The Arrow might be based on Connor?.

Comic book Green Arrow is a wild card. He never gets counted near the top, but he actually does stand a chance of beating any of the low level martial artist. Not that he will beat them every time, or even most of the time, but he's never completely outmatched. He has unique set of skills, great prep-time, insne money and even trained to a level that allowed him to wipe the floor with Jason Todd.

As a whole Green Arrow is on completely different level than The Arrow. Even with the recent 52 powerdown.

Ollie's kind of a piss poor fighter. I mean, he gets by on punching out mooks, but then he just ends up shooting most people anyways, yeah?

Slade got that martial arts swagger.

Hey, if we're gonna go down the "you should expect this from fans" rabbit hole, then let's do it right:

AziEdEK.jpg

What the hell is this?

It'd be nice to open this thread and not gain an insight into the sexual preferences of neogaf members.

You look into Arrow-GAF... Arrow-GAF looks back.

Rewatching this episode, I love that Ollie straight up says "I'm the Arrow.". You'll never see Batman doing that.

God, I loved Amell there, barely coiled rage.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Rewatching this episode, I love that Ollie straight up says "I'm the Arrow.". You'll never see Batman doing that.

It's refreshing to be quite honest. So many of these films focus on "I CAN'T TELL ANYONE MY SECRET, MUST PROTECT THE PPL I LOVE, CAN'T TELL ANYONE, THE BURDEN UGGGGHHH." Not to mention TV shows like Smallville who milk reveals for multiple seasons; I agree with the Arrow writers, having people learn the secret after awhile opens up their character to so many plot points and interactions.

Rokam

I wonder how fast Barry will reveal his secret to various people.

Get it... fast.... I'll be here all night! Can't wait to see the first trailer, I assume at Comic Con.

Avixph

Get it... fast.... I'll be here all night! Can't wait to see the first trailer, I assume at Comic Con.
I hope he doesn't because then there will be far bigger consequences for him.

I really thought Ollie's backup base was going to be the sub. I was thinking that he hijacked it and just has it sitting somewhere in the Starling City harbour.

Tugatrix

My problem with that part is that Slade didn't tell nothing to Blood, for me that make no sense, Blood prepares with Slade a revenge plan and is not interest in knowing against whom?

Gibbo

I could watch the scene where Moira tells Ollie 'I know' multiple times. One of the most powerful scenes of the series imo

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Speaking of, I hope we get a really shitty CG sub that rivals Lost.

I dunno, the latest scene with the sub looked surprisingly good.

That said, everything could happen. That ARGUS episode had some DREADFUL CG, particularly everything involving the drone chase.

Wiktor

I dunno, the latest scene with the sub looked surprisingly good.

That said, everything could happen. That ARGUS episode had some DREADFUL CG, particularly everything involving the drone chase.

On the other hand their Arrow CG model looks and moves great.

Polarburr

flash trailer is during the season finale. not sure if it was posted here yet. :3

I really thought Ollie's backup base was going to be the sub. I was thinking that he hijacked it and just has it sitting somewhere in the Starling City harbour.

So did I! I was hoping that's what it would be.

My problem with that part is that Slade didn't tell nothing to Blood, for me that make no sense, Blood prepares with Slade a revenge plan and is not interest in knowing against whom?

Well, Blood does ask earlier on in the season about why he can't kill the Arrow and then Slade says that the Arrow is his friend. He probably didn't go after Arrow and went along with Slade cause of the power promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom