• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL ABOARD
WFpg7t9.jpg

NOBODY STOPS THIS TRAIN.

Khezu

The Black Manta thing, it's from /co/.

They all thought the black captain of the Amazo was secretly Black Manta, but then he died, so they thought his replacement was Black manta.

Then the stupid joke got out of hand and now basically every time a black male is on screen, they think he's secretly Black Manta, even poor Walter.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The Black Manta thing, it's from /co/.

They all thought the black captain of the Amazo was secretly Black Manta, but then he died, so they thought his replacement was Black manta.

Then the stupid joke got out of hand and now basically every time a black male is on screen, they think he's secretly Black Manta, even poor Walter.

Black Manta is a cool villain, hopefully it will appear in S4-S5
BlackManta.jpg

pants

If they do Black Manta they would have to explain Atlantis, I don't think they are quite ready for that :lol

DieH@rd

Banned
If they do Black Manta they would have to explain Atlantis, I don't think they are quite ready for that :lol

Oli's speech when he finally unveiled to the team that he knows about Mirakuru, that he saw things on the island, "impossible things"... this leaves door open for writers to incorporate into Island storyline other superheroes and villains.

I dont think the show would be open for full-on presence of Aquaman as a regular, but Aqualad could work.

ReiGun

Manta is a mercenary and treasure hunter. Sure, he's Aquaman's arch-nemesis, but he's versatile enough that he could work within Arrow without having to go to Atlantis.

pants

The Black Manta ship has sailed a little bit, yes I know they wont stick to origin stories, but Black Manta's origin story is literally that he was kidnapped and held captive on a boat and had to kill a dude in self defense. It would have been perfect if they set that up in the 'kidnapped on a boat' arc. In fact they could have directly swapped out Aquaman for Arrow and make the reason he hates Arrow be that Arrow ignored his plight and wouldnt help/ignored him when the kidnappers abused him.

I should make a list of all the traumatic experiences that the non-hero characters have been through. Laurel and Thea have been kidnapped, threatened, injured, burgled, and almost murdered more times than you can count.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I should make a list of all the traumatic experiences that the non-hero characters have been through. Laurel and Thea have been kidnapped, threatened, injured, burgled, and almost murdered more times than you can count.

Laurel walks into it though! She never checks her door's peephole. She hears a knock and opens it! And who is there on the other side? Slade, that's who! How many times does she need to be tasered and her home broken into to understand the concept of a door's peephole!!!

Toadette

Banned
i don't think ill watch this episode was its definitely a two part for the finale

who am i kidding ill go mad at the cliffhanger for the final episode

Clevinger

I like Arrow. A lot. I watched all of s1 as I marathoned it over the weekend. Loved every episode in that season. It is a fun pulp superhero show mixed with procedural television formula and it really works. The flashback structure helped create a sense of mystery: "what happened on the island? What happens next?" that helped the show have a very addictive nature to it and it was endlessly entertaining even if it was cheesy pulp.

So far, season 1 is objectively better in almost every way than season 2. Season 2 almost makes me want to quit. Show is turning to shit. Hopefully s2 gets better.

There's one huge thing coming up that's pretty damn good and basically holds the whole season on its back and it'll help you ignore all that bad stuff you're talking about. But you're right, there is a lot of terrible, stupid stuff this season, including a lot you haven't seen yet.

If you last to the end of the season, I hope you give another write up. Would like to hear what you think of some of the other stuff.

Khezu

Ya season 2 has a lot of annoying things in it, but when the show is on, its really on.

Though Sara being in the League is fine, it's a comic book world, if you are gone for years, chances are it's going to be with some kind of elite group of assassins.

Y'all be tripping. Keep watching.

In season 2 the flashbacks are actually relevant to the present day plotline, instead of being a completely different story with strained thematic connections. They are the same story which is a big step up in the writing, and makes both storylines as important as each other.

Yes there are some ridiculous things that happen but they are not outside the scope of what's been established in the universe, which in season 1 established the existence of the League of Assassins, the ability for a young man to turn into a badass archer vigilante over the course of five years of being marooned on an island, a secret organisation who plotted to destroy an entire city district because of one man's idea of revenge, and a machine that can fit in the back of a truck that can start an artificial earthquake.

"It's a comic book TV show" covers a lot of this for me. I don't mind that crazy things happen. I even expect them to happen. Crazy things are what gives me that wide-eyed "comic book feel" and make this show a blast to watch, despite the plot holes and convenient contrivances.

Wiktor

No. The first third of the season is legitimately terrible. It gets much better half way now, but the earlier episodes in the season were terribad and masking it with "bububu it's a comic book show!" is stupid.

The first third of season 2 is awesome and still a lot better than anything from S1.

Chuckie

THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT. OLIVER IS TOTALLY FINE WHEN HIS MOM TELLS HIM AND THEAH THAT SHE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH MERLYN. THAT'S OKAY. BUT HE'S UTTERLY SHOCKED WITH DISBELIEF AND SAYS HE NEVER WANTS ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIS MOTHER AGAIN BECAUSE HE FINDS OUT THEAH IS MERLYN'S DAUGHTER?

WHAT.

WHAT?

adjf;asjf;ajf;fa;slkdj;adlskjf;adf

The writing in this season. The drama is so forced and BUTT FUCKING RETARDED.

Well I don't know about you... but I would be more shocked (and appalled) to find out my sister was only a half-sister and the daughter of my arch-enemy than that my mother used to have an affair in the past with said arch-enemy.
His mother cheating on his father is none of Olivers or Thea's concern. Thea actually being Olivers half-sister is of their concern.

PirateKing

Well I don't know about you... but I would be more shocked (and appalled) to find out my sister was only a half-sister and the daughter of my arch-enemy than that my mother used to have an affair in the past with said arch-enemy.
His mother cheating on his father is none of Olivers or Thea's concern. Thea actually being Olivers half-sister is of their concern.

Lin is just not making sense now.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

Thea's reaction to realizing she had a crush on her half-brother was great though.

THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT. OLIVER IS TOTALLY FINE WHEN HIS MOM TELLS HIM AND THEAH THAT SHE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH MERLYN. THAT'S OKAY. BUT HE'S UTTERLY SHOCKED WITH DISBELIEF AND SAYS HE NEVER WANTS ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIS MOTHER AGAIN BECAUSE HE FINDS OUT THEAH IS MERLYN'S DAUGHTER?

WHAT.

WHAT?

adjf;asjf;ajf;fa;slkdj;adlskjf;adf

As someone who actually who has lived through something VERY similar (save for the whole supervillian thing), I was INCREDIBLY hurt when I found out that I had 3 siblings I was never told about, despite having already known about my father's infidelity. TO this day I still don't really talk to either of my parents (who are still inexplicably married).

(it's a long fucking story)

ReiGun

Oliver had already made peace with the fact that his father cheated on his mother. Given that and his own infidelity when he was with Laurel, he really wouldn't have a leg to stand on to judge Moira for sleeping with Malcolm.

Carbonox

Started watching the show like a week and a half ago. Caught up completely and can now finally participate in this thread.

Fucking Slade man. Hnngh.

zychi

Banned
Ive marathoned this whole show in the last two week. Fucking cliffhangers at the end of every episode. Cant wait for the two part finale. Has this show been confirmed to be renewed for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom