• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Arrow do it as good or better with a helluva lot less money.

I don't get this. I really love this show but the only Nolan bat movie it compares to is dark knight rises which is the weakest of the trilogy anyways. They're trying for the begins tone but it's still really similar in tone to rises

Also god damn merlyn's a boss, going hand to hand with one of the super soldier's. He'll prolly catch Thea's bullets too.

Finale gonna be hype

inm8num2

6Kfgi1q.gif

I had to quote this just to say how spot on it was. That moment was amazing. The whole episode had shades of TDKR with the city being under siege and whatnot.

Thea, no!

Tabby

That fucking ending.
Fuck Thea. FUCK Thea. I'm so angry right now..
No character has ever annoyed me more than Natalie from TTP but oh boy.

Great episode. Next week's episode looks even better.
More Katrina Law<3

Dunlop

That fucking ending.
Fuck Thea. I'm so angry right now.
No character has ever annoyed me more than Natalie from TTP but oh boy.

Great episode. Next week's episode looks even better.
More Katrina Law<3

Haven't watched the preview for next episode, my money is on she shot a "badguy" behind her dad

No one else seems upset that after all the planning and manipulation that Slade did to get his revenge the end game is a bunch of slow moving Jason Voorhees's tearing up a city.

guess I'm getting bitter in my old age :p

Vengrim

I absolutely love the show, but this premise is just so fucking retarded

Kill half a million people after dawn , because of a dozen+ "supersoldiers" that can be dropped with higher caliber weapons. Maybe while they are down start hacking off their limbs?

The danger to America is that they are walking into random buildings and messing up people

/vent

I was thinking the same. My mind was also reeling when Ollie and crew were debating using the cure on Roy, "But he might die!" Sounds like a perfect excuse to use it on Slade's cronies! Why risk it on Roy?

jett

D-Member
I'm starting to lose interest in this show, The current turn of events of the last couple of episodes does nothing for me, and shit seems to move at a snail's pace. I hope it all pays off in the finale.

Tabby

I absolutely love the show, but this premise is just so fucking retarded

Kill half a million people after dawn , because of a dozen+ "supersoldiers" that can be dropped with higher caliber weapons. Maybe while they are down start hacking off their limbs?

The danger to America is that they are walking into random buildings and messing up people

/vent

Isn't that what Amanda Waller's like in the comics?
Does what is necessary but will to go extreme measures.

I don't get this. I really love this show but the only Nolan bat movie it compares to is dark knight rises which is the weakest of the trilogy anyways. They're trying for the begins tone but it's still really similar in tone to rises

Also god damn merlyn's a boss, going hand to hand with one of the super soldier's. He'll prolly catch Thea's bullets too.

Finale gonna be hype

I get the comparison to Rises. Maybe I am blinded by the fact that it is pulling off what Rises wanted to do, but in a much better fashion.

But Batman Begins is still one of the best damn origin story adaptations of anything ever.

Blader

Wasn't too hot on last week's ep but that was a damn good episode tonight. Shameless TDKR rip off at basically every turn :lol but a good ep nonetheless.

Dunlop

Isn't that what Amanda Waller's like in the comics?
Does what is necessary but will to go extreme measures.

My point is:

- How are these supervillians going to kill 500 000+ people by the next day (as per Sade)
- How are these supervillians who just seem to randomly walk down streets at a snails pace perceived as a threat that would threaten the world and justify the killing of 500 000+ people (Amanda)
- As illustrated many times in the show, they are flesh and blood and could easily be immobilized, mutilated (hack off limbs)

Giving 20 kids beer money to steal tractors and drive around the city running over people and cars would do more damage

Arrow is by far my favorite show on TV, this season with the amazing buildup of Slade's character I was not expecting such a craptastic premise

Khezu

I'm starting to lose interest in this show, The current turn of events of the last couple of episodes does nothing for me, and shit seems to move at a snail's pace. I hope it all pays off in the finale.

As much as I like Slade, they have drawn this out a little too long.

Show needs either smaller tighter arcs, or just less episodes a season.

jett

D-Member

I definitely prefer tighter seasons with 13 episodes or less. But the CW is network TV so whatcha gonna do.

I don't really see how this its being drawn on since its looking like Slade is getting taken down this season. If it goes into Season three, then I'll agree with you.

Manarola

Banned
Wow, the whole heel-turn with Blood was just absolutely horrible. Cringeworthy nonsense. I hate Amanda too. Otherwise I guess it was a good episode. Just getting a little too ridiculous.

zeemumu

Death to Thea and Sky

It just feels like it's the same story arc with her every single time. She gets mad about someone not telling her all of their secrets, spends a few episodes trying to spite them, then something insane has to happen for her to realize how foolish she's being in retrospect. Also she doesn't really contribute anything to the story aside from her nickname.

Oh shit. Didn't expect that but the preview for the next episode
just shows us that Merl is alive anyway.

and in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D thread I mention how I like the face that
there are no clips of Fits or Simmons in there Season Finale but Arrow shows Malcolm in it. It may be obvious what she did but let us wonder a little like in AoS.

Blader

Wow, the whole heel-turn with Blood was just absolutely horrible. Cringeworthy nonsense. I hate Amanda too. Otherwise I guess it was a good episode. Just getting a little too ridiculous.

I was fine with Blood's about-face, but that he was actually able to walk out with the cure -- and absolutely no one in Slade's camp noticing until well after the fact -- was pretty damn absurd. Like, why wasn't that in Slade's pocket the entire time?

This show is hilariously bad. No part of this feels anything like Oliver queen or green arrow. The characters look absurd. I can't believe that this show is as popular as it is.

Can SOMEBODY explain why this is so popular?? During the death stroke/Merlyn fight, I could barely keep from cringing...

KingKong

This show is hilariously bad. No part of this feels anything like Oliver queen or green arrow. The characters look absurd. I can't believe that this show is as popular as it is.

Can SOMEBODY explain why this is so popular?? During the death stroke/Merlyn fight, I could barely keep from cringing...

Well, people love comic books and this is as close to a live action comic book as you can get

Also it's following the CW formula of the plot moving at breakneck speed and having all the characters be young and beautiful with just the right amount of relationship drama

you have failed this forum

Well, people love comic books and this is as close to a live action comic book as you can get

Also it's following the CW formula of the plot moving at breakneck speed and having all the characters be young and beautiful with just the right amount of relationship drama

you have failed this forum

I feel REALLY awful about being a buzzkill because I'm the generation that grew up on this stuff and couldn't wait to see this become standard on TV. I watched 10 min of the pilot and wrote it off. Then so many people on various message boards hyped it as a decent show, that today, i gave it a second shot.

Mind you, I'd just come off the Agents of SHIELD high. Bad fx, sure, but that show has great characters and the writing has gotten so much stronger.

As a former comic guy, I guess I expected ARROW to feel like Firefly in tone. I definitely didn't expect GRIM and GRITTY and EDGY....then mix in a wonky looking fight between Casey Jones...er...Deathlock, and Merlyn.

Sorry. I shouldn't have come into the Arrow thread to gripe on the show, but I was hoping somebody could tell me what I'm missing. Guess GOTHAM's going to be more of the same. I think I'm just not digging DC's TV universe. Didn't like Birds of Prey, hated Smallville, and Arrow makes me shudder.

That all out brawl in the streets.

Roy is fighting. One of two things:
the cure failed and he's fighting as a super solider
or
it worked yet he still wants to fight as a regular human.

It worked. The arrow Ollie stabs a soldier with has the cure attached to it

Thea is the worst.

Since the writers decided to let Laurel stop being so damn awful, they poured all their awfulness into Thea. I did get a good laugh out of Malcolm trying to talk Thea down, then the scene cuts away and ten minutes later he STILL trying to talk sense into her.

Other than Thea being the worst character on television, the episode was pretty darn awesome. This show does craziness really well. When the scale gets big, they manage to make it work even on their CW budget. I can only imagine what they would accomplish if they had, the budget of Game of Thrones or something like that.

Khezu

I feel REALLY awful about being a buzzkill because I'm the generation that grew up on this stuff and couldn't wait to see this become standard on TV. I watched 10 min of the pilot and wrote it off. Then so many people on various message boards hyped it as a decent show, that today, i gave it a second shot.

Mind you, I'd just come off the Agents of SHIELD high. Bad fx, sure, but that show has great characters and the writing has gotten so much stronger.

As a former comic guy, I guess I expected ARROW to feel like Firefly in tone. I definitely didn't expect GRIM and GRITTY and EDGY....then mix in a wonky looking fight between Casey Jones...er...Deathlock, and Merlyn.

Sorry. I shouldn't have come into the Arrow thread to gripe on the show, but I was hoping somebody could tell me what I'm missing. Guess GOTHAM's going to be more of the same. I think I'm just not digging DC's TV universe. Didn't like Birds of Prey, hated Smallville, and Arrow makes me shudder.

Merlyn didn't fight Deathstroke, just a random thug.
All his thugs are just wearing spray painted motocross masks because they needed like 50 of them, and CW budget.

If this is the only episode you have actually watched, ya, out of context this, or really any episode for that matter is just going to look low budget and hookey. you get over it pretty fast though.
Show is pretty gritty, it's going for the Nolan tone, but it's not really edgy or grim.

Merlyn didn't fight Deathstroke, just a random thug.
All his thugs are just wearing spray painted motocross masks because they needed like 50 of them, and CW budget.

If this is the only episode you have actually watched, ya, out of context this, or really any episode for that matter is just going to look low budget and hookey. you get over it pretty fast though.
Show is pretty gritty, it's going for the Nolan tone, but it's not really edgy or grim.

Wait, the guy with the bow and arrow that fought Casey Jones..uh...deathstroke in front of the train wasn't Merlyn??

Edit: Also I guess I''m just shocked that they took out everything that makes Oliver Queen awesome. I mean, he's NOT Bruce Wayne. He's more cavalier and chivalrous, but also almost as awesome. He's FUN. His whole crew is. Thus the Firefly comparison. When I turn on the tube and see this dark cool edgy thing with none of the charm of Arrow (and i'm not even a huge Green Arrow guy!), i guess that's like watching a grim and gritty THE FLASH show. That's not what The Flash is!

Ah well, the success of this show can only help the growth of comics on TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom