• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
It just feels like it's the same story arc with her every single time. She gets mad about someone not telling her all of their secrets, spends a few episodes trying to spite them, then something insane has to happen for her to realize how foolish she's being in retrospect. Also she doesn't really contribute anything to the story aside from her nickname.

It's like people can't have a private life with her

"OMGZ I NNEDS TO KNOW EVERYTHINGS, AREN'T WE FAMILY????"

She's beyond annoying

I feel REALLY awful about being a buzzkill because I'm the generation that grew up on this stuff and couldn't wait to see this become standard on TV. I watched 10 min of the pilot and wrote it off. Then so many people on various message boards hyped it as a decent show, that today, i gave it a second shot.

Mind you, I'd just come off the Agents of SHIELD high. Bad fx, sure, but that show has great characters and the writing has gotten so much stronger.

As a former comic guy, I guess I expected ARROW to feel like Firefly in tone. I definitely didn't expect GRIM and GRITTY and EDGY....then mix in a wonky looking fight between Casey Jones...er...Deathlock, and Merlyn.

Sorry. I shouldn't have come into the Arrow thread to gripe on the show, but I was hoping somebody could tell me what I'm missing. Guess GOTHAM's going to be more of the same. I think I'm just not digging DC's TV universe. Didn't like Birds of Prey, hated Smallville, and Arrow makes me shudder.

I honestly don't understand how anybody could like SHIELD better than Arrow. It's gotten a tiny bit better but it is still terrible. Great characters and strong writing? Give me a break.

i haven't seen it beyond the pilot but if it still has the joss whedon touch then i'll stay away forever. the dude has this amazing ability of making shit i hate.

Snake

Damn.

My only complaint with this episode is that I got really excited thinking that the military force massing outside Starling was going to be a new player entering the game. Like the mercenary force from season 1 (under new management), and/or something backed by the League of Assassins.

With Waller you know she'll launch the attack but they'll shut it down at the last minute and there won't be any further repercussions.

zeemumu

crazy how confident she appears to be. i saw her on craig ferguson and she is both socially awkward and immensely shy.

I don't mean just confident, always an unstable killing machine.

At times this series feels like a longer version of Dark Knight Rises. Hero escaping from horrible prison halfway around the world to return to city to save it from extremists who want to save the city by destroying it and starting over.

I wonder if we'll ever see more of Harley than her cameo in the Suicide Squad episode. At least we know that this is definitely post-Batman so the possibility of Bruce Wayne/Batman showing up is slightly more than a longshot now.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Great episode. Flashbacks were meh, could have done without them. I wished Sarah would have told Laurel, "about time" when she finally figured it out. Honestly, Laurel is being redeemed so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

Felicity! Loved when she ran Crazy Eyes over and then says should I hit her again? How far our IT girl has come.

Thea shooting Malcolm would be the most logical thing she has done all season in the Theaverse.

zeemumu

There´s no way that she shot Merlin. I would guess another masked man showed up behind Merlin, so she shot him.

Or this

pulp-fiction-shooting-o.gif

RedAssedApe

Banned
I feel REALLY awful about being a buzzkill because I'm the generation that grew up on this stuff and couldn't wait to see this become standard on TV. I watched 10 min of the pilot and wrote it off. Then so many people on various message boards hyped it as a decent show, that today, i gave it a second shot.

Mind you, I'd just come off the Agents of SHIELD high. Bad fx, sure, but that show has great characters and the writing has gotten so much stronger.

As a former comic guy, I guess I expected ARROW to feel like Firefly in tone. I definitely didn't expect GRIM and GRITTY and EDGY....then mix in a wonky looking fight between Casey Jones...er...Deathlock, and Merlyn.

Sorry. I shouldn't have come into the Arrow thread to gripe on the show, but I was hoping somebody could tell me what I'm missing. Guess GOTHAM's going to be more of the same. I think I'm just not digging DC's TV universe. Didn't like Birds of Prey, hated Smallville, and Arrow makes me shudder.

gtfo. seriously though...are we watching the same shows? the only reason people people started watching again was because of TWS. even after that bump...Arrow still kicks AOS ass.

nevermind...just re-read your post. makes sense that you would have no idea what you are talking about having only watched 10 min of the pilot and skipped 40 some odd episodes. :p

Wait, the guy with the bow and arrow that fought Casey Jones..uh...deathstroke in front of the train wasn't Merlyn??

Edit: Also I guess I''m just shocked that they took out everything that makes Oliver Queen awesome. I mean, he's NOT Bruce Wayne. He's more cavalier and chivalrous, but also almost as awesome. He's FUN. His whole crew is. Thus the Firefly comparison. When I turn on the tube and see this dark cool edgy thing with none of the charm of Arrow (and i'm not even a huge Green Arrow guy!), i guess that's like watching a grim and gritty THE FLASH show. That's not what The Flash is!

Ah well, the success of this show can only help the growth of comics on TV...
Have you read longbow hunters or the rest of grells run on the character? Cause the tone of show and characters is pretty similar. He's not a fun dude in that run.

And I dont know about you, but johns run on the flash got pretty gritty and fucked up

neoanarch

Oh man what a great episode. I don't get the Thea hate the last few episodes. You gotta understand what a massive dick Ollie has been since he got back.

Wiktor

Damn, they aren;t holding back. Poor Starling City :D Also Felicity hitting Ravager...so awesome :D

And Thea...wtf girl? :D

Finale will be crazy.

Wiktor

I absolutely love the show, but this premise is just so fucking retarded

Kill half a million people after dawn , because of a dozen+ "supersoldiers" that can be dropped with higher caliber weapons. Maybe while they are down start hacking off their limbs?

The danger to America is that they are walking into random buildings and messing up people

/vent
Every single one of those guys can be used to synthetise endless supply of mikrakuru. That's why this response is adequate for Amanda. It's not stopping few dudes in masks, but something more like a virus. If even one gets out you're looking at end of times kind of risk.

Raxious

Regarding Malcolm, it was already mentioned in the interview from earlier this week that he'd also be in the season finale.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
As much as I like Slade, I don't see a satisfying ending without him dying. Dude burned most of the city, murdered Ollie's mother in front of his eyes, kidnapped his sister, threatened everyone he loved, and made his life on the island hell. Not to mention he's a complete psychopath. I swear to god if we get an Ollie that goes full batman and backs down from the killing blow... I dunno, my enjoyment of the show will certainly take a hit.

DieH@rd

Banned
Awesome episode.

BTW am I mistaken, or does the end of both normal end extended promo shows
Ollie fighting against Slade and final strike when Ollie drove the arrow through the eye of Deathstroke?

So... are we gonna see Flash this season ?

If not then this thread title sucks.

They introduced him in 2 episodes, and then they've changed plans. Instead of Flash playing a big role in this season finale, they moved him into a standalone story for his pilot. Next fall we will get both Arrow and Flash. :)

Carbonox

As much as I like Slade, I don't see a satisfying ending without him dying. Dude burned most of the city, murdered Ollie's mother in front of his eyes, kidnapped his sister, threatened everyone he loved, and made his life on the island hell. Not to mention he's a complete psychopath. I swear to god if we get an Ollie that goes full batman and backs down from the killing blow... I dunno, my enjoyment of the show will certainly take a hit.

While it would in some ways make sense for Slade to be killed, he is Deathstroke after all. My guess is Oliver cures him, beats him up pretty badly and ARGUS take him in for the Suicide Squad. Mirakuru-less and with that brain bomb or whatever they put in them, Slade's pretty much reduced to a puppet for ARGUS to use him as they please. His punishment isn't death, it's something far worse. He'll forever rage out for never getting his revengeance for Shado and will be kept alive to linger in this mental abyss not being able to do anything about it for the rest of his life.

I'd imagine a .50-cal or RPG would easily stop a Mirakuru guy. Their skin might be as tough as concrete, but weapons like that punch through concrete like it's paper. Waller is way overreacting.

Dryk

I love how they have Sara dip her head every time she takes her mask off so you don't notice that her eye makeup has disappeared

pulga

Banned
Sara should cut the wig ffs, the people who know her IRL already know she's the Canary anyway

plus its a stupid fucking wig

edit: by the way, what does this show have against using colors as adjectives? ;_; I want BLACK Canary and GREEN Arrow already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom