• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDLink

Sara should cut the wig ffs, the people who know her IRL already know she's the Canary anyway

plus its a stupid fucking wig

edit: by the way, what does this show have against using colors as adjectives? ;_; I want BLACK Canary and GREEN Arrow already

Yeah I agree. This ep was a perfect time to just say "Black Canary", which honestly sounds better than "The Canary". I'm a little more alright with "The Arrow" but I do hope they eventually transition it to being the full "Green Arrow"...and their decision to just do "The Canary" doesn't give me a great indication that they eventually will.

I feel REALLY awful about being a buzzkill because I'm the generation that grew up on this stuff and couldn't wait to see this become standard on TV. I watched 10 min of the pilot and wrote it off. Then so many people on various message boards hyped it as a decent show, that today, i gave it a second shot.

Mind you, I'd just come off the Agents of SHIELD high. Bad fx, sure, but that show has great characters and the writing has gotten so much stronger.

As a former comic guy, I guess I expected ARROW to feel like Firefly in tone. I definitely didn't expect GRIM and GRITTY and EDGY....then mix in a wonky looking fight between Casey Jones...er...Deathlock, and Merlyn.

Sorry. I shouldn't have come into the Arrow thread to gripe on the show, but I was hoping somebody could tell me what I'm missing. Guess GOTHAM's going to be more of the same. I think I'm just not digging DC's TV universe. Didn't like Birds of Prey, hated Smallville, and Arrow makes me shudder.

So, you'd watched only 10 minutes of the pilot and the the penultimate episode of the second season? What exactly did you think was going to happen?

zeemumu

I feel REALLY awful about being a buzzkill because I'm the generation that grew up on this stuff and couldn't wait to see this become standard on TV. I watched 10 min of the pilot and wrote it off. Then so many people on various message boards hyped it as a decent show, that today, i gave it a second shot.

Mind you, I'd just come off the Agents of SHIELD high. Bad fx, sure, but that show has great characters and the writing has gotten so much stronger.

As a former comic guy, I guess I expected ARROW to feel like Firefly in tone. I definitely didn't expect GRIM and GRITTY and EDGY....then mix in a wonky looking fight between Casey Jones...er...Deathlock, and Merlyn.

Sorry. I shouldn't have come into the Arrow thread to gripe on the show, but I was hoping somebody could tell me what I'm missing. Guess GOTHAM's going to be more of the same. I think I'm just not digging DC's TV universe. Didn't like Birds of Prey, hated Smallville, and Arrow makes me shudder.

Erm, you should probably watch a couple more episodes before you make the judgement call for this show.

lmao. gtfo

That show is absolute garbage. The only reason why that show might be watchable is because Skye is hot.

Either someone hasn't been following the show since the Uprising arc started, or you just have it out for the show. It's pulled a 180 since they haven't had to dance around a major plot point, but you know, opinions. We all got em.

There is no way you sat through the first 10 episodes of AoS completely entrenched in the show, but you couldn't give Arrow an honest shot for the first few episodes?
As a fellow AoS fan, I hope you reconsider giving the show a shot from the beginning and follow it through the first season. It gets good, really good even, from a comic action viewpoint. AoS only recently started to compete, while Arrow has been on point almost every single episode for s2.

Either someone hasn't been following the show since the Uprising arc started, or you just have it out for the show. It's pulled a 180 since they haven't had to dance around a major plot point, but you know, opinions. We all got em.

I wouldn't say it has pulled a 180. It has improved a bit, yes, but it still feels very forced. It feels like the MCU guys have given them certain milestones and dates around which they need certain events to happen. The rest of episodes are just filler with a few nods towards "more important" characters in the universe. The show feels constrained and very small in scope due to that.

While I agree Arrow is the superior show. AoS is not garbage in anyway. Yeah it got off to a a slow start but it picked up in such a great way and starting to put show on the same level as this show now and I'm hyped up for both season finales. Some of you are getting all defensive cause one person said AoS is better.

zeemumu

AoS has more comic campiness and is primarily lighthearted with some dark moments blended in and Arrow is riding the Nolan train of dark and gritty superheroes with most if not all of the lighthearted elements coming from Arrow's cover as a party boy, which took a backseat since season 2 started. It really depends on what kind of superhero you like: bright and vibrant or dark and gritty.

Also, if they ever bring back the Triad assassin, can they make her slightly more competent than being hit/disarmed by one arrow causing instant defeat?

*Slade wants to kill the person Oliver LOVE the most*

*There are two very close shots in the episode of Ollie, grabbing hugging felicity and grabbing her shoulder*

hKpiWaC.gif

zeemumu

*Slade wants to kill the person Oliver LOVE the most*

*There are two very close shots in the episode of Ollie, grabbing hugging felicity and grabbing her shoulder*

hKpiWaC.gif

It's probably going to be Sarah as some sort of irony that his decision to save her on the island means nothing because Slade will kill her now.

I'm not sure who I like more: regular mercenary Deathstroke or Teen Titans mastermind Slade.

Klyka

Banned
"One more person has to die"

it's
Slade himself

Also, how anyone can say this episode was bad is beyond me. For a comic book adaptation action CW show, this show makes stuff like game of Thrnes look boring and drawn out.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I bet we get moment-of-clarity Slade during a flashback on the island, where he begs Oliver to kill him but he chickens out.

Ithil

That was a major fakeout makeout they set up with the camera angles with Oliver and Felicity at the end of their big talk.

Manarola

Banned
"One more person has to die"

it's
Slade himself

Also, how anyone can say this episode was bad is beyond me. For a comic book adaptation action CW show, this show makes stuff like game of Thrnes look boring and drawn out.
That's a dumb comparison. Game of Thrones is way deeper than what Arrow is trying to do

tri_willy

lol blackbanditsho... say no more

lol thea, most insufferable character on tv, solid episode. cant wait for the finale.

there better be a showdown with bARROW man and slade. oh how fucking epic that would be

Joni

It's probably going to be Sarah as some sort of irony that his decision to save her on the island means nothing because Slade will kill her now.
The season will end with Slade killing himself while Ollie falls down in cries. Felicity, Sara and Laurel look on with really weird looks.

So in the Extended promo at 00:18, is that
Sara and Nyssa with Isabel. Guess Nyssa wants Sara to execute her.

So, my speculations for the finale:
Sara won't die but will be forced to go back to the League, Ollie will cure Slade who gets taken in by ARGUS, Merlyn takes Thea with him.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Maybe, but dear lord, I hope
Dark Archer survives, and we get a Slade / Dark Archer showdown. For Moira's sake.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So in the Extended promo at 00:18, is that
Sara and Nyssa with Isabel. Guess Nyssa wants Sara to execute her.

So, my speculations for the finale:
Sara won't die but will be forced to go back to the League, Ollie will cure Slade who gets taken in by ARGUS, Merlyn takes Thea with him.

My guess is that's why the league shows up, Sara promised to go back if they came to help

I thought we didn't have to spoiler tag speculation?

Deeper? Maybe. But it's also plotted and paced a lot worsse.

It's paced perfectly fine and the viewer numbers consistently growing season over season along with it being on of the most pirated shows (according to HBO at least) both support that.

People need to stop conflating their subjective opinions with facts. You may not like the plot or pace of a specific show. You may not like a certain actor or character. That doesn't objectively make these things bad.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Lol Game of Thrones TV show is a horrible adaption of the books.

With the exception of Little Finger's casting, GoT is a damn fine adaptation of ASOIAF.

Deeper? Maybe. But it's also plotted and paced a lot worsse.

Just because you prefer a faster paced show doesn't mean GoT is poorly paced. It's also way, way deeper than Arrow... not sure how that's up for debate.

With the exception of Little Finger's casting, GoT is a damn fine adaptation of ASOIAF.

Just because you prefer a faster paced show doesn't mean GoT is poorly paced. It's also way, way deeper than Arrow... not sure how that's up for debate.

What? Little Finger is a great casting!

Wiktor

Slow does not mean worse.

Yes, but fast is most of the time better. But most of all, the books are no longer standalone and the show is even less. There's no real sense of progress and big built up towards finales anymore. It's just continous stream, with no real resolutions. Only the first season felt paced like a proper tv show. Of course it's not writers' fault since they're adapting existing material, but the show will suffer for it untill the last episode airs, because by the it will all be just one big season, the way it's already structured like.

Also..I'm not sure about "deeper". It's definitly higher grade of a show, from writing, through acting and ending with production values. But deeper? Neither is atempting anything but deliver entertainment. It's not like Game of Thrones will make anyone ask philosophical questions or reevaluate their views about anything in real life.

I don't give a shit about the books. The books are a thousand pages each and the show is only ten episodes. The show is amazing. Comparing it to a network show - on CW no less - is a joke.

Also while I love GOT it having more nerd cred doesn't mean people can't like Arrow more.

GOT is shit compared to POI imo and no one watches that :(

As for this ep I don't know guys I haven't been feeling these last few episodes of arrow at all.

Also..I'm not sure about "deeper". It's definitly higher grade of a show, from writing, through acting and ending with production values. But deeper? Neither is atempting anything but deliver entertainment. It's not like Game of Thrones will make anyone ask philosophical questions or reevaluate their views about anything in real life.

Now that I can get behind. GoT is event television at it's best, but still just that.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
What? Little Finger is a great casting!

i loved carcetti in the wire but he is just dropping the ball on the accent & acting in got. a shame, really, as he is an extremely important character.

peter dinklage as tyrion makes up for everything

Yes, but fast is better. .

for a comic book action romance show with 22 episodes a season? yes. for a long form epic? no, not really.

i loved carcetti in the wire but he is just dropping the ball on the accent & acting in got. a shame, really, as he is an extremely important character.

peter dinklage as tyrion makes up for everything

for a comic book action romance show with 22 episodes a season? yes. for a long form epic? no, not really.

Wow someone's getting in their feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom