• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

that was decent. not as good as season 1 finale nor was the final fight as awesome as i'd hoped.

THIS! Great episode but it just didn't live up to the high levels that Episode 19 reached. I was really expecting a bit more of an epic fight, all things considered.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Most definitely. Just like the shippers, he wanted to believe, and he too got trolled hard.

i209UAfsdst56.gif

I forgot about the surveillance thing so I was like "WTF" with the whole Ollie confession thing, so glad I did and "Ollicity" shippers got trolled.

Shipping is like, the worst TV thing ever.

Caramello

I thought the "do you understand" made it pretty clear it was a trap.

Great finale overall, loved the set up to season 3 in terms of the island. I knew he'd leave, he couldn't learn everything he did over those 5 years there.

As it seems there are quite a few people of Team Olicity in this thread. Just accept, that the writers may take the creative freedom to bend certain things, but they won't outright abandon the comic lore. It's not going to happen, and showrunners pandering to shippers is one of the worst things ever, especially when it's clear that it WILL -period- NOT -period- HAPPEN!

flame_shield_activate7osso.gif

And just so you know, I like the Oliver Felicity thing, but don't do it if you can't follow through. They should have stayed with innocent infatuation for comic relief

Khezu

I think I'm fully on the Ollicity train.

Mostly just so Laurel and Ollie don't ever get back together.
That relationship is toxic.

Plus I kinda feel bad for Felicity.

ReiGun

We'll get a season with Oliver and Felicity together. They'll break it off, she'll meet Ed Raymond, Ollie will go back to being off and on with Laurel.

Nyanmaruz

Damn AWESOME finale!!!! There are so many things they did right in this episode!!

-Thank god they decided to leave Slade alive for the future.

-Thea leaving with Merlyn is the best option they could've done with the character either than killing her off imo.

-I'm gonna miss Summer Glau, but at least she's not the "real" Ravager so technically there are still a chance we might see Grant or Rose Wilson in the future as well.

-Seriously doubt Detective Chesthair is going to die...

-It's going to be interesting to see how Roy's character will develop in season 3. Maybe he'll be paired with Sin...

- Sara seems way too happy than she should leaving Starling City. I cringed so hard when she gave her jacket to Laurel. CW is getting real desperate to force us to like Laurel at this point. >_>

-Oh man, dat Olicity tease!!! In the end, I'm so glad CW didn't yield to the fans and went with that direction.

-DAT FLASH TEASER, HYPE INTENSIFIES FOR THIS FALL!!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
As it seems there are quite a few people of Team Olicity in this thread. Just accept, that the writers may take the creative freedom to bend certain things, but they won't outright abandon the comic lore. It's not going to happen, and showrunners pandering to shippers is one of the worst things ever, especially when it's clear that it WILL -period- NOT -period- HAPPEN!

And just so you know, I like the Oliver Felicity thing, but don't do it if you can't follow through. They should have stayed with innocent infatuation for comic relief

Meh. It's just as bad to be a slave to the comics. I wouldn't mind so much if Laurel wasn't so god awful, useless and boring. Laurel and OIlie are terrible for each other.

LEAVE ME TO MY DOOMED SHIP :mad:

i5LzMiISwFP8H.jpg

Replicant

LOL tbh I'm not into shipping but of all the possible girls for Oliver, Felicity is the one with the most chemistry with him. So if they have to pair him up with anyone, I'd rather they pair him up with Felicity.

Meh. It's just as bad to be a slave to the comics. I wouldn't mind so much if Laurel wasn't so god awful, useless and boring. Laurel and OIlie are terrible for each other.

Yes, this is a problem, but just wait for a season or two. I'm still convinced that they can save the Laurel character. She's been on a constant upward trajectory since she found out his secret. But you know, maybe I'm just a little too confident in the writers and I agree that the actors don't have a lot of chemistry, but this is also something that can be heavily influenced by good writing.

So if they change they change her dialogue and tweak her character and she gets in shape, I think we are in for quite a U-turn.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
LOL tbh I'm not into shipping but of all the possible girls for Oliver, Felicity i's the one with the most chemistry with him. So if they have to pair him up with anyone, I'd rather they pair him up with Felicity.

I'm not that obsessive about Olicity (I have been, about other ships). I do want them to be together though.

Yes, this is a problem, but just wait for a season or two. I'm still convinced that they can save the Laurel character. She's been on a constant upward trajectory since she found out his secret. But you know, maybe I'm just a little too confident in the writers and I agree that the actors don't have a lot of chemistry, but this is also something that can be heavily influenced by good writing.

So if they change they change her dialogue and tweak her character and she gets in shape, I think we are in for quite a U-turn.

True, they might be able to turn her character around but I don't see it happening. It doesn't seem to matter what they do to her, she just remains unlikeable to me even when I understand where she's coming from. Lack of chemistry is also an issue.

rexor0717

-It's going to be interesting to see how Roy's character will develop in season 3. Maybe he'll be paired with Sin...
Yes please.

What a great episode. It brought everything together in a very satisfying way. I love the way the dangled Olicity. At least she didn't die.

I knew that Oliver was lying when he said he loved Felicity. I really dislike how oblivious Oliver is to Felicity´s feelings. Great finale, and i actually liked Thea´s choice. I thought Sara´s father would get shot on the way to the store which will make Laurel the new Black Canary. The way of the hero is very annoying ie. allowing Slade to live. But he tried to kill him in the past, and now he has no Merra Curo, so he could have killed him easily.

flame_shield_activate7osso.gif

Basically Olicity shippers is like the Arrow version Chlark shipper from Smallville. As much as you want it to happen it won't.

ReiGun

Oliver locked Slade in a hole on a deserted island. The only person likely to find him will put a bomb in his spine and force him to undergo dangerous missions where he's totally expendable.

Some fates are worse than death.

Khezu

Basically Olicity shippers is like the Arrow version Chlark shipper from Smallville. As much as you want it to happen it won't.

Smallville had Lois Lane though, a great character with a fantastic actress. Seeing those two get together finally was a great moment.

Arrow has Laurel....

Smallville had Lois Lane though, a great character with a fantastic actress. Seeing those two get together finally was a great moment.

Arrow has Laurel....

They also had Lana so it evens out. Like I said before I just can't understand this boards hate for Laurel and Thea at all.

That was such a good season finale. Can't wait until we get a Suicide Squad episode where Slade is leading the team. Or a crossover episode with Flash involving Suicide Squad. Man these next 4-5 months are gonna be torture.

How old would Oli's kid be in Season 3?

Btw, between Season 1 & 2, how long was the break? I already can't wait anymore.

I think that'd be like seven, maybe eight years ago. So about old enough to be a boy in whichever series he pops up on.

Maybe they are working toward a Damien Wayne vibe?

Volotaire

How old would Oli's kid be in Season 3?

Btw, between Season 1 & 2, how long was the break? I already can't wait anymore.

From a previous post of mine. About 8 by next season.

Well he would be 5 years on the island +1 year for season 1 duration - Season 2 + another year? We don't know the timescale of when Oliver got that girl pregnant, but we could assume it was pretty close to the island shipwreck. So he's around 7 already. I think they might save it for future seasons since they've still got a few good angles to work with i.e. the League of Assassins, Flash, etc.

Plus there was an interview for Season 3: Spoilers o the interview

The start of the next season's tone would deal with the financial circumstances of Oliver and its relation with his team i.e. Felcity's and Diggle's payroll. This would probably occur after a short time after this season considering the circumstances of the last few episodes.

EDIT: I'm not too familiar with the Arrow comic storyline except for what has been mentioned in this thread and the main points/characters, so sorry for any ignorance that has been displayed here.

BBboy20

I find it cool that, from what you guys are saying, if the season ends with SuperMAX, it'll end on the Island.

Will Thea be hypocritical and trust Merilyn?

Is Olicity still possible? (I totally forgot about the cameras and even then, I figured he would have gotten rid of them if he knew).

So Ollie was already involved with the US Government before his return to Star City? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Wiktor

Damn, that was suprising episode. Olie actually outprepping Slade and then creating his own little Arkham on the island. Him moving to hongkong in flashbacks which should create awesome flashback arc in S3. And Sara didn't die, not Felicity.

That fake love speech stung though :)

And can we please get more Nyssa next season? Because she was damn awesome. Ravager went down like a chump she was. Funny that both her speaches got interrupted :D

Anyway, great end to spectacular season. Not just on it's own, but by setting up S3 so damn well. Can't wait till next one starts.

I have to say, the final fight between Green Arrow and Deathstroke was edited wonderfully. I love the constant cuts between the past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom