• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Flashbacks need to pick up the slack for S3, they were the best part of S1 but on S2 they felt distracting and not interesting enough.

Wiktor

Realistically Oliver won't end up with anyone permanently, unless it's the final season. Too much story potential to mine out of him sleeping with many women :D

Also, does anyone find it funny that Thea will become superhero/supervillain before Laurel does? :D :D :D

Nyanmaruz

10334312_647463185338952_4414339461358360882_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell/photos/a.147252908693318.37696.146921975393078/647463185338952/?type=1&theater
Just saw this on Stephen's facebook. Is that Katie Cassidy back with blonde hair..??

Khezu

I hope when Laurel becomes the Black Canary in the very final episode of the final season, she has short black hair.

Makes the wig make more sense.

Wookieomg

What a satisfying season finale! Loved the pacing, the battles, and the fight between Slade and Olli was fantastic.
So awesome merging the flashbacks with the present fight.
Can't wait for season 3!

Subitai

So Thea is gonna be the main villain next season =O

Er, who is gonna be the main villain next season? I guess this is not known.

Also, glad Slade still lives so there is the possibility of him being in a future Legion of Doom.

dot

Olicity ;__________________; you had me so happy and then you've took it away.

Seriously man. What the hell was that. I don't know whether to be happy or pissed, lol.

I'm pretty sure Oliver meant those words though so there's some hope for season 3.

This break is gonna be painful... :(

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Great finale! Better than the last two episodes. Those Olicity teases :'( why do they do it only to stab my heart out later.

That scene in the Queen Mansion when Ollie told Felicity "I love you" I was like

naWW8qj.gif

THEN was like this:

eteoPjm.gif

Thea is by far THE worst character on the show. I'd rather write a LOVE LETTER to Laurel than to admit I like Slurea. So she hates everyone including Malcolm but was like "oh hey at least he understands me!*" You try and run, but you'll never run far enough to escape your incestuous love for Tommy.

*insert more teen angst.

Khezu

But really I hope there are no more new team members for awhile.
Just stick with the core 3 and occasionally have Ollie training Roy in the background.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Just saw the finale and thought it was pretty good minus some minor gripes. First off the finale had some really great action scenes and really good editing especially during the ending battle. Plotwise things kinda got all over the place with trying to give everyone something to do Laurel and Thea suffer the worst from this problem. I complained last week about this with Laurel and in the end they just decided to make her a damsel in distress, again, just to giver her something to do. Why they couldn't have constructed some sort of plot where Laurel was of some use, you know perhaps bringing her legal/political knowledge to use in someway. For instance maybe she could have galvanized political/legal support to stop Amanda Waller as opposed to the stupid Diggle shootout scene, this would also help shed some light on the oversight of ARGUS, the Diggle scene does nothing to expand upon ARGUS and was just there to give him something to do when he could have just participated in the finale battle.

However, Thea and her crap is the worst like holy shit kid get it together. "Oh my god Roy lied to me about being associated with the Arrow, I'm gonna run off with my insane mass killer father." Like let's just analyze this realistically here, say Osama Bin Laden was still alive and you found out he was your father and wanted to take you way with him, would you go with him because "everybody lies to me?" No. It's stupid and dumb, but whatever we'll see how she ends up in the next season after being trained into a killer for no reason at all. Also, the fact that she still doesn't understand the Oliver is the Arrow is kind of ridiculous, is she that dumb?

The romance stuff is cringe worthy as usual but this is a CW show so you just have to power through it, the teasing of Olicity is just stupid and even in the end he doesn't even say "sorry, I love someone else" he essentially winks with a "hey, maybe one day" look which is just stupid CW non-sense to keep hope going of a possible romance, just stop. However, like I said all in all it was a good finale and the League of Assassins showing up to kick ass is just awesome.

That said there is one final thing I want to point out, and I mentioned it at the beginning, I'm talking about the editing. The previous episode and the ending battle of this episode had some really nice editing between the Island scenes and the present day scenes with transitions happening smoothly from one into the other. I have been pleading for this from the start and the fact that they know how to do it really makes me want to urge them to continue doing it from now on. In the past I've found the transition between the Island and present day to be really crappy and at times pretty jarring, and that whole *swoosh* coupled with the screen wipe is just unnecessary, they need to edit these scenes in a better way and tie them together more effectively. The Island and present day situations should be parallels to one another not simply two separate storylines running together, whatever Ollie is accomplishing in the past should be a reflection on what he is doing presently whether emotionally or straight up plotwise and the editing between the two should be smooth and seamless.

Anywho, that's just my final little gripe and hope for the future. Also, out of all the characters to die chest hair bites the dust, hilarious.

Great season and season finale. I guess we get to see flashbacks of what happened to Sara after she washed out to sea -- again. And also to Ollie the rest of his time on the Island. After all the shit Thea and Roy have been through, an arrow and bow send her off the deep end. Plot no jutsu. I guess Roy is going to spend his time looking for her.

Chariot

Maybe that's how Oliver intends to make money now, by loaing his own prisoners to Amanda for a hefy fee :D
That would be a cool and interesting concept for a superhero. Not leaving criminals for jail, but giving them directly to the government to work. And they don't even have to fight. The can do research or provide other assisstance.

Don't forget that Slade supposedly knows Waller somehow, too. I'm not sure how they would reconcile this with Oliver thinking he killed Slade already, since he doesn't meet Waller until later, but we'll see, I guess.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I knew that Oliver was lying when he said he loved Felicity. I really dislike how oblivious Oliver is to Felicity´s feelings. Great finale, and i actually liked Thea´s choice. I thought Sara´s father would get shot on the way to the store which will make Laurel the new Black Canary. The way of the hero is very annoying ie. allowing Slade to live. But he tried to kill him in the past, and now he has no Merra Curo, so he could have killed him easily.

I don't think he's oblivious at all. I just think he loves her as a friend is all. I actually facepalmed at my TV after the Olicity trick scene went down thinking it was legit. I just can't see those two together, doesn't make sense to me. Part of the Ollie + Felicity charm is the fact that they are quirky friends and not googly-eyed lovers.

Every episode I just hate Thea more and more. Hopefully going with Malcolm means she'll be gone for a few seasons. Worst character by far, maybe Roy will actually get better with her gone. I don't even mind Laurel, hate for her is way overblown simply because she wasn't a badass killer or an eternal optimist for the first couple seasons. Only character that is actually believable as a person to be honest, nothing really comes easy for her and she isn't a genius, a badass, or a spoiled rich bitch... yet.

Also how the fuck is Slade going to get food on the island prison lol? Isn't he dead within a couple days...

Kard8p3

I don't think he's oblivious at all. I just think he loves her as a friend is all. I actually facepalmed at my TV after the Olicity trick scene went down thinking it was legit. I just can't see those two together, doesn't make sense to me. Part of the Ollie + Felicity charm is the fact that they are quirky friends and not googly-eyed lovers.

Also how the fuck is Slade going to get food on the island prison lol? Isn't he dead within a couple days...

waller def won't let her biggest soon-to-be player die anytime soon.

I have lurked this thread since midway through season 1. I just gotta say... this season was awesome and the finale was just grand, not perfect, but it had me pumped.

But really, you guys are all amazing, glorious fanfic and all. Never stop.

DieH@rd

Banned
Very good finale, although I did not expect the way it all finished.
It was a happy ending!
S1 was way more energetic and full of insane things in the last 15 minutes of the season.

Now the 5 month wait begins. :( This season lasted too long. From 2nd week of October to third week of May. 7 months. Insane.

Omg Chesthair noooooo
tumblr_m4rnsf52Jg1rpl92q.jpg

Replicant

She just lost her mother and everyone she cares about is lying to her - not too mention that her Dad is a psychopath and killer. Drama Queen ? Not really.

Saying "I will never come back" when we all know she will definitely come back is my definition of Thea "The Drama" Queen. Oh look, even the last name fits!

Dryk

-Chesthair's internal bleeding that took forever to show any effect and then caused him to suddenly collapse.
That's one of the ways that internal bleeding works though. If none of the organs that you need working all the time are damaged you can just be sore until you suddenly collapse from blood loss and/or shock. I don't think that presents with blood from the mouth though.

CloudWolf

Soooooo wait, about Oliver's flashback story for next season. It's pretty clear that he's going to do work for Waller in Hong Kong. I really hope they will offer a good explanation as to how Oliver ended up back on the island on his own. Is Waller just going to drop him back there when they're done with him? His whole 'marooned on an island' story is getting sillier and sillier.

Rokam

Soooooo wait, about Oliver's flashback story for next season. It's pretty clear that he's going to do work for Waller in Hong Kong. I really hope they will offer a good explanation as to how Oliver ended up back on the island on his own. Is Waller just going to drop him back there when they're done with him? His whole 'marooned on an island' story is getting sillier and sillier.

He'll return himself to make it appear as though he was stuck on the island. Grow out the hair and beard, while training.

Trusting Felicity to do the deed seems to be the most farfetched of plans and totally out of character, but I guess I'm okay with it because the setup was some grade-A trolling

xenist

Felicity is starting to get on my nerves.

<eye_flutter>

"But Olieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you caaaaaaaan't kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

</eye_flutter>

Every. Single. Episode. Like a whiny Jiminy Cricket.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

He'll get tossed into Super Max and then break out maybe.

He still has to get to Russia at some point right?

Courtesy of TheOddOne in the Cancellation Thread...

CW's Fall Schedule (at least the part people here would care about):

TUESDAY
8/7c: The Flash (NEW)
9/8c: Supernatural

WEDNESDAY
8/7c: Arrow
9/8c: The 100

So it doesn't look like there will be a DC Night on the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom