• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
it would be cool if this leads to that Green Arrow movie that was talked about years ago.

.01% chance that actually happens and the Super Max reference was just an easter egg for people that knew about it, but it would be cool if they did.

Tugatrix

Why do you keep calling him chesthair?

Seriously?

Quentin_Lance.png

The Flash and Arrow won't be on the same night next year. The Flash will be Tuesdays at 8 EST.

Also courtesy of reddit

Yeah, I saw it posted on the TV Show Cancellations topic and then found the news story... Annoyed and disappointed but I get why they didn't do it since Flash shouldn't be a 9PM show and bumping Arrow to 9PM probably wouldn't do it any favors, still wanted that DC Wednesdays though.

zeemumu

That island so going to become Arrow Arkham. He's going to keep stuffing supervillains there until they all break out. Now that Thea's an antagonist all of the displaced hate for the character makes sense.

Should of aired it on Thursday so you'd have a comic book show M-F
Gotham Mondays
Agents on Tuesday
Arrow Wednesdays
Flash Thursdays
Constantine Fridays

But CW had to screw it up. Also AoS I believe as been bumped up to 9:00 pm est so Flash is not competing with it

Chariot

That island so going to become Arrow Arkham. He's going to keep stuffing supervillains there until they all break out. Now that Thea's an antagonist all of the displaced hate for the character makes sense.
Maybe they can make a Lost Spin-Off once Olli shipped enough Criminals their.
Or better: give us Salvatation Run.

stn

The ending was solid even if I saw all of it coming. Except for chest hair, that was just dumb. Looking forward to season 3, whenever that is.

Great finale to a great season, well done to all involved.

Few nitpicky complaints

- Don't think Moria knowing Oliver's secret was earned. No mention of her shooting him.
- Expected Blood to survive and Ollie would have to deal with him in S3 which would lead to some interesting scenarios
- Disappointed we never learnt what became of Slade's son

- Island ending confuses me. Clearly an ARGUS prison, so Waller knows about it? Is someone there to feed Slade? Whole thing was a little rushed.

That being said - can you imagine a better Season 5 than Oliver getting trapped on the island once again with a few allies and having to contend with the escaped Supermax prisoners whilst flashing back to whatever was his final trial on the island?

Actually that's exactly why it worked. Slade had no way of seeing that coming.

yeah but trusting an untrained girl to stick a needle into manusaurus rex at point blank where if anything goes wrong atleast 3 people will almost instantly die is a pretty low-percentage play, no matter how unexpected it might be.

Wiktor

Should of aired it on Thursday so you'd have a comic book show M-F
Gotham Mondays
Agents on Tuesday
Arrow Wednesdays
Flash Thursdays
Constantine Fridays

But CW had to screw it up. Also AoS I believe as been bumped up to 9:00 pm est so Flash is not competing with it

Oh, I wouldn't worry. By september 2015 we'll propably have at least two comicbook shows each day :D

Any Ideas Who maybe the next villain arrow and crew must face? I can't think of any major Green Arrow Villains left.
Its Probably Merlyn and Thea.Or Ra's al Ghul

Edit: I'd Like to See Prometheus In Arrow, i wonder how they would handle him.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Arrow Waller is boring, her only modus operandi is bombing shit. Even the Suicide Squad is only there so she can bomb shit accurately.

Haven't been following the recent Suicide Squad run, but in the original, Waller was actually pretty loyal (to a point) to her team. She wouldn't have sacrificed Deadshot as a beacon for a bomb unless the situation was dire. Better characterization than the hardline "end justifies the means" version we got.

Hoping they do better by her next season.

Damn if only Chesthair hit were on his chest, the hair could have absorbed the damage!

Also I have this amazing season 3 scene on my head:

*Detective Chestair shoots Malcolm**

Daddy Merlyn: "It's called kevlar" *proceeds to fire an arrow to Chesthair on the chest only to bounce back**

Chesthair: "It's called hair"

Chariot

Haven't been following the recent Suicide Squad run, but in the original, Waller was actually pretty loyal (to a point) to her team. She wouldn't have sacrificed Deadshot as a beacon for a bomb unless the situation was dire. Better characterization than the hardline "end justifies the means" version we got.

Hoping they do better by her next season.
I know, I am kind of a fan of the Suicide Squad and Fat Waller, but since the got slim, her brain slimmed down, too. DC is trying so hard to make her badass, that she isn't much of a tactican anymore.
New 52, too. She is still hung up on Deadshot, but plain dumb. Just read the One Shot "Amanda Waller", its sickening.

Joni

Sara is still alive! Sara is still alive! I'm happy. I'm also starting to think The Flash never needs to show up in Starling now. He got like 10 heroes available.

Chariot

This could be the one thing that makes The Flash better than Arrow, Flash has a better Rogues Gallery. I can't wait to see their version of Captain Boomerang.
Comic Flash is funnier, too. Like Spiderman with his enhanced thinking Flash is so fast, the he has the capacity to make a lot of joke. Plus: Flash is one of the nicest guys in the Justice League, in his city he knows a lot of people. He is not that far away icon like Superman or that grumpy crusader that Batman is. Even most his enemies like him to a huge degree. Most of them actively don't want him dead or even badly hurt.

edit:
classic justice league flash

Yeah, I saw it posted on the TV Show Cancellations topic and then found the news story... Annoyed and disappointed but I get why they didn't do it since Flash shouldn't be a 9PM show and bumping Arrow to 9PM probably wouldn't do it any favors, still wanted that DC Wednesdays though.

I think Arrow could benefit from the later timeslot in the way of a bit more allowance for the action.

Malvingt2

Yea Stephen is also gonna be in the pilot

"In the Flash pilot, Barry comes to me," Amell tells TVGuide.com. "[It's a] little snippet in the Flash pilot where he and I share a scene together, it's in his pilot, but [filming] it felt like our show because he's coming to Starling City. That, to me, was one of the most rewarding things that I did as an actor because it was essentially the same crew that we used for our pilot, and it was two years later and it was the same director. It was like going back in time. [Flash and Arrow director] David Nutter asked me to be a part of the pilot and I will never say no to David Nutter."

One can only hope that this early synergy opens up the possibility for many more crossovers to come, especially since the spin-off hails from Arrow's Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and DC Chief Geoff Johns. "We'd be insane if we didn't do crossover stuff," Amell adds. "I don't know that it has to be an event or big moments, but the shows share a universe, and not utilizing that fact would be insane. I'm sure that we will at some point."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Flash-Arrow-Crossover-1081785.aspx

From Amell Twitter:
#Arrow has a new series regular. @Team_Barrowman --

What could go wrong?!?!

in5Agtd.jpg

Barrowman is a regular next year? WHAAAA!?

Makes sense since they cant really have Manu as a regular anymore since he is out of the picture in both timelines.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Don't really feel like either part of the finale delivered, Sarahs repeat'a'death, worlds slowest sinking boat, sticking an arrow in Slade when he was already stuck under a pile of iron beams, felt like they knew what they had to get done but couldn't quite pull it off in time & budget.

The present stuff was a lot more coherent but felt really rushed, especially Detective Chesthair, although I did really appreciate that the worlds worst detective eventually died because he couldn't figure out that he'd had severe internal bleeding for several hours. I'm glad we wont have to hear him say "Hey Laurel, have you heard there's a new Black Canary? I need you to help me figure out who it is!" over and over again next season.

Also disappointed that they seemed to establish that Roy forgot most of what happened to him under the Mirakuru influence, but then Slade remembered everything and wasn't even concerned about all the shit he'd done.

Still, show is great, the tone, the action, and the characters make up for everything else. Can't wait for next season.

Ithil

Putting a hamstring on the show because "the comics say Green Arrow and Black Canary" is becoming a problem. Laurel is horrible on the show, a terrible character, bad actress (in this show), and never fits into the show, she always feels like she's there just to be there. Worse still, any instance of her and Oliver being hinted as "true love!" feel hilarious instead of genuine.

For the people saying "you can't have Oliver/Felicity, that's not how it is in the comics", who says every relationship needs to be forever? This was a problem in Smallville too, where they could have, and should have, had Clark and Chloe be together for at least a portion of the show, and ultimately have it not work out. Instead they did a 180 on a logical progression of the story because "Lana Lana Lana Lana Lana".

Their last scene in the finale left the door open for next season, anyway. You can say "trolling the shippers, take that" and all, but let's not pretend the alternative is a golden prospect.

Everybody with a brain knows that Olicity will happen, but obviosuly it won't happen now. They're slowly building the relationship, and they are doing a fantastic job, teasing included.

Also disappointed that they seemed to establish that Roy forgot most of what happened to him under the Mirakuru influence, but then Slade remembered everything and wasn't even concerned about all the shit he'd done.

Unlike Roy, Slade never went totally out of control, probably because he was never weakened enough so the influence of the Mirakuru totally made him go mad like Roy.

And is probably something he'll have to face sometime in the future, in the same wayOllie had to face that he was once a killer too.

Tabby

Everybody with a brain knows that Olicity will happen, but obviosuly it won't happen now. They're slowly building the relationship, and they are doing a fantastic job, teasing included.
I hope it never happens.
I like the fact that there's one girl that's just a friend to Oliver. I hate the fact he just sleeps with everyone.

Volotaire

Don't really feel like either part of the finale delivered, Sarahs repeat'a'death, worlds slowest sinking boat, sticking an arrow in Slade when he was already stuck under a pile of iron beams, felt like they knew what they had to get done but couldn't quite pull it off in time & budget.

The present stuff was a lot more coherent but felt really rushed, especially Detective Chesthair, although I did really appreciate that the worlds worst detective eventually died because he couldn't figure out that he'd had severe internal bleeding for several hours. I'm glad we wont have to hear him say "Hey Laurel, have you heard there's a new Black Canary? I need you to help me figure out who it is!" over and over again next season.

Still, show is great, the tone, the action, and the characters make up for everything else. Can't wait for next season.

Yes the Slade part was a bit odd. I would have thought the Shado obsession would have been removed once he got cured, or at least realised what he had done to Oliver. Maybe they'll explain it just through the long exposure of the Mirakuru.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom