• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khezu

It's interesting Sara didn't ask where Shado was....ruh roh.

Speaking of Shado, I hope they don't go down a love triangle route with her and Sarah.
Hopefully she is an antagonist on the Island, her being the one that tortures Ollie will be fun.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Great episode. In a way I'm glad they're expanding the show in terms of additional heroes and villains in the DC Universe. I'll admit I'm not all that familiar with DC and the Green Arrow. I'm really can't wait to see how they deal with the Flash.

Now I never say anything bad regarding Stephen Amell's acting but my god that AT&T It Can Wait pledge commercial was awful. Not as bad as during the Season One finale when Thea yells at Roy, "It can wait!"
I mean what happens if you break the pledge? Does The Hood show up and say, "You have failed this pledge" and proceeds to strike you with an arrow?

Come to think of it...I may like that in a kinky way. Anyway off topic.

Great episode. In a way I'm glad they're expanding the show in terms of additional heroes and villains in the DC Universe. I'll admit I'm not all that familiar with DC and the Green Arrow. I'm really can't wait to see how they deal with the Flash.

Now I never say anything bad regarding Stephen Amell's acting but my god that AT&T It Can Wait pledge commercial was awful. Not as bad as during the Season One finale when Thea yells at Roy, "It can wait!"
I mean what happens if you break the pledge? Does The Hood show up and say, "You have failed this pledge" and proceeds to strike you with an arrow?

Come to think of it...I may like that in a kinky way. Anyway off topic.

They need to work that into the show, but he will use the boxing glove arrow!

Oh, I thought he was because of the mask and last name. Didn't realise there was a DC character called Brother Blood. :(

Etrigan might be a little too far out there for Arrow, even with the introduction of powers. I still remember when people were speculating that Jensen Ackle's character Jason on Smallville would end up being Jason Blood, but he did not.

Just watched it. Awesome.

Caity Lotz is hot, and a better actress than Jessica De Gouw, but still not good overall. Lil too much duckface/pouty action going on there. Nice schmacting.

Russian guy in the cell looked like a skinny Hugh Jackman when he had a closeup.

Prediction about the grave on the island: it's a Lazarus Pit. Ra's is looking for it to rejuvenate himself, or he has been there soaking in it and his people are trying to find him.

Just watched it. Awesome.

Caity Lotz is hot, and a better actress than Jessica De Gouw, but still not good overall. Lil too much duckface/pouty action going on there. Nice schmacting.

Russian guy in the cell looked like a skinny Hugh Jackman when he had a closeup.

Prediction about the grave on the island: it's a Lazarus Pit. Ra's is looking for it to rejuvenate himself, or he has been there soaking in it and his people are trying to find him.

I think the grave on the island is just a testbed for super-soldier/nuclear/freaky experiments during World War II. Both the Japanese and German armies did horrific experimentation on civilians and POWs in World War II.

The Russian guy is this KGBeast fellow right? He probably initiates Oliver into the Bratva, but that would imply that he escaped possibly?

I think Caity Lotz is quite good. She does outshine de Gouw, but that's not saying much. But I think she's quite good.

Tabby

I think the grave on the island is just a testbed for super-soldier/nuclear/freaky experiments during World War II. Both the Japanese and German armies did horrific experimentation on civilians and POWs in World War II.

I suspect they they're going to either test on Sarah, hence the "I saw you die twice" thing or they're going to test on Deathstroke and give him heightened abilities like in the comics.

I suspect they they're going to either test on Sarah, hence the "I saw you die twice" thing or they're going to test on Deathstroke and give him heightened abilities like in the comics.

I think Slade will definitely get experimented on. Not Sarah, though... based on what we've seen so far, she doesn't seem superpowered at all beyond what Ollie is capable of. Plus, she uses the gadget to do the canary cry. Having Sarah be experimented on AND trained by Ra's al Ghul might be overkill.

I wonder if Sebastian Blood's serum thing is the same as what's happening on The Island. Probably, right? Might tie in with the character of Dr Ivo.

Cheska

I know most of you are anti-Laurel, but Laurel>Sara IMO. Excellent freakin' episode though, I love how they just keep rolling with stuff instead of making us wait until the end of the season for the big reveals.

mm04

Thank you sir!

Quoted for the next page.

My fav:
canary7p8onf.gif

Makes me wish we could still have gifs in avatars.

This is the new You son of a bitch bro handshake. Just look at their expressions.

Arrow certainly doesn't believe in filler episodes, that's for sure. Love this show.

What what

How rude. im not your son sir. I found the scene with the african american gentlemen quite humerous. there was even a backwards baseball cap guy.

You were surprised there was a stereotypically black gang in the hollowed out remnants of the shitty section of town on a network show?

Joni

ratings dropped again to a series low 0.7
It got adjusted up to 0.8 already. L+3 and streaming will do the rest.

Yes but last weeks ratings were not much better.
Last weeks rating made it one of the four best performing shows on The CW. Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals and Arrow have a huge lead above everything else. This weeks ratings make it one of the top 4 The CW shows too.

And can someone explain how Ollie said Sarah died on the boat, and they led us to believe that it was on the Yacht when she was washed out to sea by showing us it happening several times now, but then he see her, face to face, on the Freight ship.... I'm guessing he sees her "die" on this boat too?
Whenever he said it, he paused and gets lost in thoughts so it is likely he was just lying. It is possible she just died on the island. Whatever happens, it is going to be a brutal death.

Man this show is really picking up. I stopped watching halfway through last season then decided to just start on season 2 (mainly to see how they're going to do the Flash) and its been a blast.

Chuckie

Man this show is really picking up. I stopped watching halfway through last season then decided to just start on season 2 (mainly to see how they're going to do the Flash) and its been a blast.

Whyyyyyyy. Second half of season 1 is much better than first.

Clevinger

I know most of you are anti-Laurel, but Laurel>Sara IMO.

here's how I see it:

Sara: good character, kinda meh actress
Laurel: dogshit character, decent actress

and funny enough, both actresses have oddities about their faces. Sara's mouth is all over the place, while Laurel's forehead never ever moves even when she's weeping

If only they gave Laurel the stuff they're giving Sara at the start of the show. Never made her a boring ass lawyer love triangle. She went on the boat with Oliver. She was in flashbacks with Oliver on the island/boat. She got trained by The League. She's Oliver's equal. She, and by extension the show, would have been so much better.

Wiktor

here's how I see it:

Sara: good character, kinda meh actress
Laurel: dogshit character, decent actress

and funny enough, both actresses have oddities about their faces. Sara's mouth is all over the place, while Laurel's forehead never ever moves even when she's weeping

If only they gave Laurel the stuff they're giving Sara at the start of the show. Never made her a boring ass lawyer love triangle. She went on the boat with Oliver. She was in flashbacks with Oliver on the island/boat. She got trained by The League. She's Oliver's equal. She, and by extension the show, would have been so much better.

Why? We're getting all that already, just with actress who's more fit.

Khezu

I'm pro Sarah staying and Laurel never becoming BC.

They don't have to kill her off, just keep her as a Damsel in Distress for both Ollie and Sarah.

Just keep giving her weird wacky B plots that have nothing to do with any of the other characters.

Joni

I say go full Batman and kill her. Do a full fake like last season where it seems Sara will die and kill Laurel instead of Sara.

Clevinger

There's no way they would be able to fit BC into already loaded S1 though.

I think they could have done it. The Laurel/Tommy/Oliver scenes took up a lot of the first half of the season. So did the Laurel/Chesthair angst. Cut that out, have a mysterious woman pop up from time to time kicking ass, have the big early season (pre-episode 14) reveals be Black Canary. Cut out some of those shitty villains of the week. Use the two Huntress episodes for Black Canary/Laurel instead. There was little to no Felicity in the first half of the season either. Cut out some of the garbage family drama. Cut out all the Laurel Damsel in Distress stuff. Use Thea for that instead.

A lot of time they could have used to introduce Laurel in style and develop her as BC, IMO. The first 13 eps of the show were loaded, but a good chunk of that stuff was bad.

Wiktor

I think they could have done it. The Laurel/Tommy/Oliver scenes took up a lot of the first half of the season. So did the Laurel/Chesthair angst. Cut that out, have a mysterious woman pop up from time to time kicking ass, have the big early season (pre-episode 14) reveals be Black Canary. Cut out some of those shitty villains of the week. Use the two Huntress episodes for Black Canary/Laurel instead. There was little to no Felicity in the first half of the season either. Cut out some of the garbage family drama. Cut out all the Laurel Damsel in Distress stuff. Use Thea for that instead.

A lot of time they could have used to introduce Laurel in style and develop her as BC, IMO. The first 13 eps of the show were loaded, but a good chunk of that stuff was bad.

I enjoy a fast pacing, but this one would have been a pure diseaster. Laurel could be fixed without destroying the whole show with breakneck pace. Heck, you could just cut out 90% of Laurel scenes and it would work just fine. Much less work.

Are you a fan of Katie Cassidy? Because you seem to be seriously going to desperate lenghts just to save one crappy character :)

Laurel in S1 is necessary for Oliver's development. Cutting her out or developing her into BC in S1 would screw that up and instead of having an Oliver that's balanced, we'd have a bitter/angry Oliver as Diggs alone wouldn't have been able to reign him in.. especially once Deadshot came into play.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Caught up. Not as good as the previous episode, but still solid enough. And that thug's execution was pretty brutal. I dug.

I'm also flabbergasted by the insane pacing of this show. Not only Black Canary has already been introduced, but they've met, doing away with any silly build up until a groan worthy big reveal that would be surprising to no one. As far as I'm concerned, Arrow is doing everything right.

Clevinger

I enjoy a fast pacing, but this one would have been a pure diseaster. Laurel could be fixed without destroying the whole show with breakneck pace. Heck, you could just cut out 90% of Laurel scenes and it would work just fine. Much less work.

See, I don't think it would be that fast in pace. At least not for Arrow. Because there is just so much crappy padding in those first 13 episodes. Relationship melodrama, family melodrama, bad villains, two whole episodes dedicated to a lame ass Huntress. You cut out a lot of the unnecessary fluff and use it for the heroine of the show and it wouldn't seem that fast. 13 episodes is a lot of time to introduce the female lead of the show and begin to develop her. They could have then used the second half of the season for all of Merlyn's stuff, making Felicity a bigger part of the show, and developing Laurel more.

Are you a fan of Katie Cassidy? Because you seem to be seriously going to desperate lenghts just to save one crappy character :)

Not really. But I think she's a pretty competent actress and I feel bad about how she's been screwed over here. Granted, she was pretty bad pretending to be a drunk this week. She basically didn't act any different.

She might be at the point where she just stops giving a shit until they give her something decent.

Laurel in S1 is necessary for Oliver's development. Cutting her out or developing her into BC in S1 would screw that up and instead of having an Oliver that's balanced, we'd have a bitter/angry Oliver as Diggs alone wouldn't have been able to reign him in.. especially once Deadshot came into play.

Could have used Thea, Moira, and Tommy in the first half of the season for that. And it's not like Oliver wasn't a seething ball of insane serial killer rage throughout the whole first season because of Laurel anyway. Tommy's death was really the big thing that developed him in that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom