• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I really hope they don't ruin him.
I want him to have proper powers and that he doesn't need a gadget to use his powers, seeing how they've handled Proto-Canary's ultrasonic scream doesn't leave me with much hope.
They've confirmed the Flash will be the Flash. Powers, suit, the whole nine.

ZenaxPure

I want him to have proper powers and that he doesn't need a gadget to use his powers, seeing how they've handled Proto-Canary's ultrasonic scream doesn't leave me with much hope.

I assume he will have proper powers, but, it will still be played off as SCIENCE.

Subitai

Alcoholic and pills.
Nice combination Laurel, now please leave the show.

Loved the Proto-Canary Arrow teamup. Loved. It.
Need gifs of this.

Also, I was sort of neutral on Laurel hate, but Sara(h?) has been played so well to this point that I'm starting to feel the comic template getting further in the way of my entertainment like the rest of you.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Laurel...oh Laurel what happened to you! She's annoying enough already but alcoholic angry at the world Laurel is like ten times worst.

"Oh I was kidnapped and nearly killed. Tommy's dead 'cause I had save some files. So now I'll drink and drive and kill other people. So what dad!" Who writes her lines?

I hope she gets so drunk and looks down at her Surface while driving and ends up driving off a cliff. That's all her character is good for at this point.

Canary has an Ellie Goulding look to her

Another great episode. Bro-Blo. I thought it was Manu bennet I'm glad its not

iz de Japanese bones raza gul :p

Solid episode. Show is definitely moving fast. Makes me wonder if the goal is just to establish the rogue gallery so they can vary the big bads easier later on rather than doing what a lot of shows do and just focusing on a single big bad with a few minor baddies along the way.

So is Blood Scarecrow, or is he some other villain I haven't heard of?

Brother Blood is a Teen Titans villain, so he's a bit lesser known.

You know, the way this show works, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they shocked the hell out of everyone and killed off Laurel. The producers keep saying how it's her journey to becoming Black Canary and all that, but it could all be a smokescreen.

Imagine if they kill off Laurel and it's as a result of something Sarah does or doesn't do if she doesn't come forward about being alive to her family. Would be quite the interesting twist.

I know this won't happen, but I can dream can't I?

jb1234

Great episode. Wish they'd found a better actress to play Sarah. You could make a drinking game out of how many times her mouth puckered up after she finished a line (or prepared to say a line. Or was in deep thought in between lines).

Rokam

You know, the way this show works, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they shocked the hell out of everyone and killed off Laurel. The producers keep saying how it's her journey to becoming Black Canary and all that, but it could all be a smokescreen.

Imagine if they kill off Laurel and it's as a result of something Sarah does or doesn't do if she doesn't come forward about being alive to her family. Would be quite the interesting twist.

I may shed a tear of joy if this were to happen.

Tokubetsu

It's a CW show so it could happen. Realistically though they're gonna kill Sarah and that'll be some big catalyst for Laurel.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Laurel's descent into pill popping alcoholic seems a bit rapid. Though to be fair she has been through some major stuff recently.

Anyway, I enjoyed the episode. The identiy reveal came much earlier than I expected in the episode. Ollie stopping the granade launcher with his arrow was awesome. I have no idea who Brother Blood is but next week's episode looks great.

Slixshot

Banned
Man! This show is getting better and better! Loving every minute of it, to be honest. Where's my green arrow superhero game, Rocksteady/WB Montreal?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Poor man's young Samuel Jackson cracks me up to no end.

Most hilarious part was the cousin that lost his gun was a dead ringer for a black version of Turtle.

Turtle-746646.jpg

Or, you know, a dead ringer for Turtle.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
wow. we've gotten more action/character development/awesomeness in 4 episodes than the entirety of Smallville. Hands down best super hero show, hell if this continues, best superhero depiction on film. No filler, no excrement, every week just adds more hype.

I WANT MORE ISLAND!!!

speculation:
honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ollie somehow had to kill Sarah (she seems to be with the pirates for now), would be a whole new twist to the 'I killed your daughter detective' moment from season 1.'

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
wow. we've gotten more action/character development/awesomeness in 4 episodes than the entirety of Smallville. Hands down best super hero show, hell if this continues, best superhero depiction on film. No filler, no excrement, every week just adds more hype.

I WANT MORE ISLAND!!!

speculation:
honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ollie somehow had to kill Sarah (she seems to be with the pirates for now), would be a whole new twist to the 'I killed your daughter detective' moment from season 1.'

Seriously, more people need to watch this show.
Way above my expectations.

exarkun

I mean, brother blood has real powers in the comics and I would hope they dont screw that up, more than the flash's power. But there is no way theyd go gadget route with a superhero who, to the mainstream, is known for running really fucking fast.

Best episode of the season, and Ollie is finally his own character with a purpose (without basically just being the day-mask for the arrow). Now Sara is showing growth, Papa Cop is very likeable. I mean gotdamn, this could move up from just being a guilty pleasure.

Rokam

I mean, brother blood has real powers in the comics and I would hope they dont screw that up, more than the flash's power. But there is no way theyd go gadget route with a superhero who, to the mainstream, is known for running really fucking fast.

Best episode of the season, and Ollie is finally his own character with a purpose (without basically just being the day-mask for the arrow). Now Sara is showing growth, Papa Cop is very likeable. I mean gotdamn, this could move up from just being a guilty pleasure.

I'm looking forward to the evolution of Oliver Queen into a hero.

Dahbomb

Great fucking episode. So much shit went down. Didn't think they would reveal Canary this early but good on them for not dragging out the obvious.

Wiktor

I wish they would never introduce him in the first place. But if they have to he needs powers. Flash doesn't work without them.

Anyway, another great ep. Arrow is on the roll.

The original, JSA-era, Black Canary didn't have powers. Black Canary II was the first Canary to be a Meta-Human. When Laurel takes up the title, she'll have her sonic scream.

New interview with Emily Bett Rickards:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/30/emily-bett-rickards-arrow-black-canary-oliver-felicity/

Touches on the Flash, "Olicity", a new recurring villain, and drops some serious,
serious
hints about the future. At least, she heavily implies something. So, if you're spoiler averse, avert your eyes.

Is there any major Olicity moment by midseason? Could her flirtation with The Flash open Oliver’s eyes?

I think that the opening of the eyes will come, but he’s an extremely stubborn character. He is! He’s a very stubborn individual. He’s got very hard lines, very hard boundaries and a lot of things are in black and white, and that’s what Felicity and Diggle do for the team is they create perspective, as they all do for each other. And yeah, we get The Flash to come in, which is really, really fun, and he’s flirty and Felicity and him hit it off really well, and we see that the passion sort of escalates in a really honest way between how Oliver reacts to that. I think is a pretty honest representation of how those situations are really always uncomfortable and they make you feel distraught and completely “Why am I feeling this way?” That sort of thing. And we get to see them have a little bit of a fight, her and Oliver, so that’s always fun.

Wouldn't be the first time that a CW version of Ollie dumped Black Canary in favor of a blonde super-hacker.

smallville-allison-mack-chlollie-justin-hartley-WIDE.jpg

Olicity is the new Chlollie

rakhir

No that was a great episode!
No bullshitting, straight to the point stuff. Team-up was fantastic, they kicked some real ass and that gangsta fools didn't stand a chance. At least they were really funny before, i absolutely love a villian that kills his henchmen, it's such a lovely trope.

So this was the first episode with Caity Lotz without the mask, and for me she has a constantly grumpy face. Maybe that's because of her chin, but she always looks like shes sad and about to cry. It was really weirding me out in the Watchtower scene.

Emwitus

The original, JSA-era, Black Canary didn't have powers. Black Canary II was the first Canary to be a Meta-Human. When Laurel takes up the title, she'll have her sonic scream.

Wouldn't be the first time that a CW version of Ollie dumped Black Canary in favor of a blonde super-hacker.

I miss the clark/chloe/ollie/lois peeps. Tear.

I hope they don't fizzle out and backoff batman or supes appearing on the show for atleast one season. Maybe not next season or the season after that, but I'd like to see every major player showup on the show at one point or another. Even if it's just bruce wayne coming in for an episode to make a deal with ollie It would be sufficient, or clark kent covering a story. Ultra Tier billy batson episode.

Tabby

I've moved on from Olicity, it's all about Olara now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Another brilliant ep, gets better each week. Easily the best TV series on atm for me.

Brother blood!

Klyka

Banned
This episode was solid. Like others, I love the pace of this season. Although it seems like island time has been cut back.

Honestly,I don't quite mind that. The Island is still awesome,but there are some big things happening in the present and they need to focus on that more than the past right now.

I am also sure we'll get an "island only" episode again.

hom3land

Such an amazing show. Wish I knew the DC universe. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of subtle references. Reading blood brother wiki, is he a vampire? If so that makes me sad Blade is marvel and we won't see him in Arrow.

And any suggestions for a good episode breakdown that includes easter eggs?

Krakn3Dfx

Is Canary the same chick who played Sarah last season?

Nope, the lady who played Sarah last season, Jacqueline Macinnes Wood, is now on The Bold and the Beautiful, this is a new actress, Caity Lotz.

I don't really care for her, she seems a little doughy and her voice doesn't fit the character, but hopefully she'll grow on me.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I have yet to catch up, but I just saw this picture of the next episode and I thought it was relevant.

2FgVgP1.png

Because of dat ass.

inm8num2

Nope, the lady who played Sarah last season, Jacqueline Macinnes Wood, is now on The Bold and the Beautiful, this is a new actress, Caity Lotz.

I don't really care for her, she seems a little doughy and her voice doesn't fit the character, but hopefully she'll grow on me.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom