• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I'm not on the "Let's kill Laurel" train, but I will admit that there needs to be a major shake up of her character. She needs some thing to make her not only more likeable, but a cause and position in the show that is uniquely her own. Silly as her reasoning was, her working with the DA was actually a great idea. However, her desire to catch The Arrow was just her own guilt clouding her judgement, so that's gone.

So now we have her going through her "crucible," turning to self medicate to deal with her trauma. I think this direction makes sense. People dealing with emotional trauma and stress often turn to drugs and alcohol to cope, and we know from her father there's a history of it in her family. We also know that the Lances in general don't deal with emotional trauma that well. The problem is that this direction doesn't make her more likable; it just elicits pity. And pity is boring, especially when dealing with a character you don't like all that much to begin with.

We know that eventually Laurel is gonna become Black Canary, but I don't think it will (and I definitely don't think it should) happen as quickly as everyone is predicting. Sara will probably be around for the next two, which gives the writers two seasons to either fix Laurel and get her Black Canary ready, or decide to keep Sarah as BC and find something else for Laurel to do while still fixing her character.

Also, I'm calling Roy becoming a full sidekick by the end of this season and becoming Red Arrow at the start of next season.

Pretty good episode and holy shit at blood being a villain (don't really read the comics) but everything about the mayor villain was corny as fuck (especially his lines and delivery).

Honestly, I see him staying Speedy for awhile. He seems built from the ground up for that. But yes, I'd agree that he won't be Red Arrow for awhile yet. I'm thinking they'd keep that in the pocket for an event where Ollie would be out of commission in a major way.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm watching week to week, but this season is not as good as the first.

Like a lot not as good.

Idk. Might save next weeks episode for two weeks from now to have a little marathon

ReiGun

Or possibly Arsenal? May make more sense to keep two distinct styles of hero.
The thing with Arsenal is he's known for using an array of weapons including guns, and Ollie isn't going to arm an 18-19 year old kid to the teeth, especially since he's trying to be non lethal and get guns off the streets. He probably wouldn't have a problem teaching him archery and hand to hand, though.

By the end of the season, I'm betting Roy will know Ollie = Arrow and have access to the Arrowcave. Then something happens that spurns Ollie to train him. Fast forward a few months to Season Three, and Roy is Red Arrow within the first five episodes.

Let's turn our attention back to Caity Lotz instead.

GD3pOMD.jpg

AMUSIX

Enjoying this show for what it is (about on the same level as Warehouse 13, which is not a bad thing).

Some decisions that I have a lot of trouble getting around though. Canary's costume is all about the wig. The mask is more or less a red herring, with the wig being the real costume. "It was a blonde in a mask" is the usual description given. So, taking off the blonde wig to reveal blonde hair was just ridiculous.

Oh, and a three people can drive into a gun buy-back populated with cops, give a speech, shoot up the place, and drive away unscathed. I understand there's a pretty big suspension of disbelief to be expected with shows like this, but they don't have to make it so difficult.

Also, chalk me up as another who thinks the island story drags the show down.

Damn you Amell! Make waiting everything harder. (For those wondering: 6 was the Ace Gang, 14 was Felicity joining up with Ollie and Slade attacking Fryers to save Yaoi Fei, 16 was Deadshot #2)

Just been reading through the last page and I came across this.. I'm kinda new here, so am I missing something or is Stephen Amell really on GAF?

Also, I'm calling Roy becoming a full sidekick by the end of this season and becoming Red Arrow at the start of next season.

He does wear that red hoodie all the time...

Enjoying this show for what it is (about on the same level as Warehouse 13, which is not a bad thing).

Some decisions that I have a lot of trouble getting around though. Canary's costume is all about the wig. The mask is more or less a red herring, with the wig being the real costume. "It was a blonde in a mask" is the usual description given. So, taking off the blonde wig to reveal blonde hair was just ridiculous.

Oh, and a three people can drive into a gun buy-back populated with cops, give a speech, shoot up the place, and drive away unscathed. I understand there's a pretty big suspension of disbelief to be expected with shows like this, but they don't have to make it so difficult.

Also, chalk me up as another who thinks the island story drags the show down.

Oh god I agree so much! They don't have any cover or anything and even with more cops than them, no one gets a shot in! Even in the climax fighting, with all those bullets whizzing around, I'm surprised Ollie isn't hit by a random round. Should at least make him wear armor or something

Maybe it's because I'm watching week to week, but this season is not as good as the first.

Like a lot not as good.

Idk. Might save next weeks episode for two weeks from now to have a little marathon

I can't agree with this at all. This season has been miles ahead of Season 1. There has been almost no fluff in S2 compared to S1's meandering pace.

Really surprised at some of the episode reactions. I loved the whole thing. The Mayor was a cool mini villain and the reveal at the end was awesome. Amell was on point all episode too.

Oh! Loved the arrow shot into the grenade! So awesome. That whole fight scene was great.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I can't agree with this at all. This season has been miles ahead of Season 1. There has been almost no fluff in S2 compared to S1's meandering pace.

Yeah. Season 2 is leagues ahead of season 1 for me. Yeah S1 had that new feel, and it was very different with a "killer hero," but I feel like the pacing in season 2 has gone to a whole new level (which is crazy because the pacing in season 1 was so great), and then they keep piling on mystery after mystery, easter egg after easter egg. Haven't been disappointed thus far. They somehow find a way to weave the "villain of the week" shindig beautifully into the main arc--unlike most CW shows (and others) that have the first two episodes of a season deal with the main arc, a bunch of filler, and then jump back into the main arc with the last two episodes.

8bit

Knows the Score

I'm curious.
What don't you like about the show?

He also makes Q&A videos often.

D=

At least wait till the Flash reveal!

Yeah, I am curious about the Flash, but Black Canary (and especially her butch sidekick) annoy me to the point where I don't really want to continue. Which is a shame, as Ollie has been my favourite DC character since the 70's Hard-Traveling Heroes but I can't put up with this. There was a lot to dislike last series but I was OK with it, I'm not this time.

the handshake with Blood was pretty much a 'some's up', kind of a shame they revealed the 'what' moments later.

and of course, that nobody would actually have that as a name, of course, but still, he could NOT have been a villian...

Khezu

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I just realized since Merlyn was a member of the League of Assassins, the writers now have a really easy way to bring him back if they really want.

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I just realized since Merlyn was a member of the League of Assassins, the writers now have a really easy way to bring him back if they really want.

On the one hand, I hate comic book deaths and lame resurrections and I want Arrow to remain firmly in this gritty, unpowered world where desperate men and women fight tooth and nail to save the city.

But on the other hand, Malcolm Merlyn was the fucking most boss dude of this show.

On the one hand, I hate comic book deaths and lame resurrections and I want Arrow to remain firmly in this gritty, unpowered world where desperate men and women fight tooth and nail to save the city.

But on the other hand, Malcolm Merlyn was the fucking most boss dude of this show.

If Torchwood has taught me anything, it's that it's ok to just admit to having a crush on Capt Jack Harkness. :D

This season has been consistently amazing, definitely the best live-action show on television right now in my opinion.

I never expected it, except for the first Reeves Superman movie, Man of Steel, and Batman Begins, nearly all of DC's live action productions were passable at best, Daredevil bad at worst (yes, even the two Dark Knight films).

Arrow has surprised me by being consistently excellent and it, along with how amazing Man of Steel was, hope for the future of the DCLAU.

I dunno if any of you guys are watching NBC's Dracula (you should, it's actually really good and fun and surprisingly bloodysexy) but Jessica de Gouw's on it, and get this... is improving as an actress. Maybe it's cause she can do a British accent better than an American one, but she's pretty good. And still smashingly pretty.

REV 09

I dunno if any of you guys are watching NBC's Dracula (you should, it's actually really good and fun and surprisingly bloodysexy) but Jessica de Gouw's on it, and get this... is improving as an actress. Maybe it's cause she can do a British accent better than an American one, but she's pretty good. And still smashingly pretty.
I noticed this too. I like her better in Dracula. The show is just ok though...but it's still finding its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom