• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Dear Arrow writers:

I will pay you $1 ... CASH to each of you if you get rid of Thea and Sarah permanently.

They are the fucking worst.

Thank you.

tumblr_mwzhtjD6Kp1t2vjf6o1_500.gif

Any Ideas Who maybe the next villain arrow and crew must face? I can't think of any major Green Arrow Villains left.
Its Probably Merlyn and Thea.Or Ra's al Ghul

I looked up a list of Green Arrow Villains. I'm just going to run through my thoughts on the ones considered the "Central Rogue's Gallery"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Green_Arrow_enemies

Brick - A possibility, the powers might limit his likelihood, though. Sonce Oliver no longer has the ingredients to make any more Mirakuru antidote, he could be a Mirakuru thug who got away to start his own empire.

Clock King - Already done, not sure if he has the ability to play season-long mastermind. Probably a recurring minor threat.

Constantine Drakon- Arrow to the chest in the pilot.

Count Vertigo- Multiple arrows to the chest and dropped off a building. Unless they establish that "The Count" isn't the true Count Vertigo.

Cupid- Possibility of making an appearance, since she was created by Andrew Kriesberg, one of the Arrow creators. She doesn't seem to have "Big-bad" potential, though.

Deathstroke - We just got the season of Slade.

Doctor Light - His powers are possibly too much for this show. A severely modified version could make a cameo or be an Island villain.

Komodo- He might be too similar to Malcolm to be worth bringing over.

Merlyn - Malcolm's definitely making some moves in Season 3. We'll see if he's going to be the mastermind or a recurring role this year.

Onomatopoeia- Not mastermind material, but would make a fun filler villain.

Rainbow Archer- Old school villain who basically amounts to a poor man's Malcolm.

Outside of that grouping, I could see the League of Assassins playing a major role. Nyssa's commentary that Oliver can't save Starling without killing could lead to the League making some power plays on Ollie's turf. You know, for the city's own good.

Also, I can see Cheshire showing up and factoring into Roy's plot next season.

tim1138

They've already laid the ground work for Thea to be a TV version of Cheshire - super villain dad and on again off again love affair with Roy. It's totally gonna happen.

Now they just need to give her a long lost sister and give us Artemis.

They were part of the problem by protecting their interests and reaping the benefits of doing so.

Yeah, I'm sure all those security guards were in tight on all those corrupt corporate decisions. It was a job. Those guys were far less culpable than the accountants who fudged the books or the lawyers who came up with the strategies for screwing the little guys. But Ollie didn't care about those guys, he went and killed the security guards who just took a job guarding a rich guy so they could feed their families.

One from yesterday that I don't think got posted:

- BuddyTV: Michael Rowe on Deadshot Becoming a Hero, Diggle and Life Changing Tattoos

Amusing anecdote:
Any fun set stories?

Ummm.... nothing too crazy, but when we were filming "Keep Your Enemies Closer" something happened.

There was a scene we filmed that ultimately got cut from the episode. Right when we escape from the Russian prison, we get confronted by a bunch of guards in the courtyard and Diggle, Lyla and Deadshot are forced into having a shootout while they wait for Arrow to save the day.

Ironically, Deadshot doesn't have a gun. But he has a nightstick that he took from one of the guards that he and Diggle beat up inside the prison. The script called for me to throw the nightstick across the courtyard and knock out one of the guards. So I've got to launch this thing about 100 feet to make it look believable. It was a stunt nightstick, it wasn't very heavy, so I had to really whip this thing to hit my target.

They yell, "Action" and I throw this thing just about as hard as I can and I hit one of the camera operators right in the chest. The nightstick was padded so he wasn't hurt at all, but the look of surprise on his face was priceless. I felt bad. The funnier part of filming that scene was watching the stunt coordinator, Bam Bam, try to hit the guard in the face for the close up shot of the impact. He must have thrown the nightstick at the stuntman, Colin, about 10 times.

He was hitting him in the crotch, in the neck, everywhere but the head. It's crazy how you put so much time and effort into some of these scenes and they never see the light of day. Oh well... it provided us great entertainment and lots of laughs during a long night of filming.

Ein Bear

Really great episode! The fight between Ollie and Slade was awesome, loved how they cut it between present day and flashbacks. Was surprised at the curveball of having Slade still hate Oliver even after the cure too, was expecting a redemption arc for him next season.

Everything involving Roy fucking sucks though, and I have no idea why his character exists. If they want Ollie to train someone up, you've got ultimate-bro Diggle right there just begging for a bow and a mask. He's a way more likeable character than Roy and his miserable teen-angst, but never seems to be given anything to do except stand around and get his ass kicked.

V_Arnold

Nina Dobrev and Katie Cassidy? Okay. Add the actress who plays Karoline into the mix, and.... Alright, I cant keep it together. Poor Roy. :D

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How much hotness can you fit in a picture.

>.<

The Vampire Diaries has the most attractive cast of any show, whether you like boys or girls there's at least 5 hotties of each gender for you to drool over.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Watching the finale now, and they actually went with Oli x Felicity ugh. I know I know it's the CW but still...

Unless he was lying so she stays put, in which case it's a super dick move because she does actually love him lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good finale, interesting bit at the end, guess they are done with the
island flashbacks

Season 3 News already:

http://www.newsarama.com/21136-dark...eason-harrison-ford-back-to-blade-runner.html

It looks like Torchwood&#8217;s leading man has found himself another flame. The Hollywood Reporter says that John Barrowman, who guest-starred on CW&#8217;s Arrow as Malcolm/Dark Archer, has been upgraded to be a full-time part of the cast beginning with this fall&#8217;s third season. This comes just hours after Arrow&#8217;s season finale on Wednesday, which featured
the Dark Archer taking on a mentoring role for Oliver Queen&#8217;s sister, Thea.

Rhaknar

In replacement for
Hong Kong
flashbacks.

The flashbacks will continue through the end of the series it seems (I think that has been said by the creators).

Oh I know, why I said
Island flashbacks
and not just
flashbacks
:)

I don't like that Thea and Laurel are both going to be heroes/villains. It takes something away from the show when every character is running around in a costume.

Welcome to comic books

Nyanmaruz

Well I guess Merlyn will take back the mantle of the swag while we wait for Slade's inevitable return. The confrontation between Slade and Merlyn has to happen at some point in the future. It just has to...

It could be cool to have Malcolm form his own secret society of Archers, using all of the random archery themed villains that Green Arrow had had over the years.

Looking over a villain list, his non-Merlyn archer rogues included:

Komodo
The Rainbow Archer
The Acrobat
The Ape Archer (one version was actually an ape, another was a guy in an ape suit)
The Archer form Mars (Not actually an alien)
Archie the Archer
Beau Brummel
Black Arrow
"Counterfeit" Carson
The Crimson Archer
Everyman/Dark Arrow
Funny Arrow
The Iron Archer
John Centaur
Lord Kalesque
Karpo
Natas
Pete Lomax

Some of these are full of silver-age ridiculousness, but even borrowing secret identities to give Merlyn an army could be interesting.

Zero315

Banned
The Vampire Diaries has the most attractive cast of any show, whether you like boys or girls there's at least 5 hotties of each gender for you to drool over.

I was gonna say something, but then I thought about it and you're actually kinda right. The Originals is trying to give it a run for its money though. Klaus and Marcel, mmmmm...

Glad to see Barrowman has been upped to series regular. Arrow, and CW in general to a certain degree, is starting to become a home for wayward geeky actors.

Nyanmaruz

Fav line from the trailer haha my vote is for this one.

I'm looking forward to Ollie in Hong Kong tracking down baddies hopefully.
Hong Kong is fantastic for some parkour action. Hopefully we will see some parkour action again in season 3, I miss that stuff.

Penguin

Probably a silly question, but has it ever been acknowledged if the island runs in real-time with the show?

Like will Hong Kong be year three or are we still on his first/second year on the island?

I realized I didn't actually write a write-up for the finale.

That was fucking fantastic.

- Literally shouted at Oliver's declaration of love, and then was shocked when it was a trick. I should have realized.

- The fights were baller as fuck. League of Assassins be hardcore. I laughed out loud when Nyssa broke Isabel's neck mid-monologue. Poor Summer Glau. What a crappy character she was given.

- John's gonna be a daddy! Yay! Return of Deadshot! Yay! Deadshot should be the baby's honorary uncle.

- Amanda Waller's plans are all terrible.

- The intercutting of Oliver and Slade's battles on the Island and in Starling were fantastic. Seeing past Ollie ram an arrow in Slade's eye and present Ollie save his life and capture him was fantastic.

- Lol, Roy lying to Thea in her apartment. What was the point of that? Dumbass.

- Barrowman's got too much swagger as Merlyn. Also, being proud of Thea for shooting him? LOL. So I guess she's gonna get trained as a villain now, and she and Roy will have glorious hate-sex.

- The final scene between Oliver and Slade was fantastic. Amell turned in a great performance. Honestly, all the scenes between Amell and Manu are crackling. I hope this isn't the end of Deathstroke, but I hope he's cured of his madness totally and he doesn't hatch another plan to just kill Oliver. But even if he does, it'll be swaggerific.

- What an ending. Waking up in Hong Kong? What the hell is Amanda Waller gonna do with him? Time to get into some shady espionage stuff.

Cyber6x

Neo Member
My first ever post since my GAF account was just validated, but I just wanted to say:

I've had a great time reading this thread week after week. It's almost been just as fun to see the posts about every episode as it was to actually watch them.
It's a great feeling to watch an episode and then go to the off-topic section of GAF and see the Arrow thread pushed near the top thanks the the reactions, images, jokes and theories each episode brought, you guys are truly entertaining.

I look forward to the next season and being able to contribute to the discussion then, thanks ArrowGAF!

Volotaire

My first ever post since my GAF account was just validated, but I just wanted to say:

I've had a great time reading this thread week after week. It's almost been just as fun to see the posts about every episode as it was to actually watch them.
It's a great feeling to watch an episode and then go to the off-topic section of GAF and see the Arrow thread pushed near the top thanks the the reactions, images, jokes and theories each episode brought, you guys are truly entertaining.

I look forward to the next season and being able to contribute to the discussion then, thanks ArrowGAF!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

JoinUs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom