• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

I hope it never happens.
I like the fact that there's one girl that's just a friend to Oliver. I hate the fact he just sleeps with everyone.

It's well and good for him to have a female friend, but given how they have portrayed the two so far in the show, especially in the second season, she's not the one to be a female friend.

Lol it's Chlark all over again. Can't wait to see what the hopeless ship is gonna be on Flash

It's not the same as that though, as they killed that potential pairing dead at the end of season 1 of Smallville (incredibly illogically, I might add, a complete 180 from a prior episode), they made it clear it was never on the table again. Not so much with Arrow.

Ithil

Yes the Slade part was a bit odd. I would have thought the Shado obsession would have been removed once he got cured, or at least realised what he had done to Oliver. Maybe they'll explain it just through the long exposure of the Mirakuru.

It's not like it was a "craziness generator" and once it was shut off, he was a-ok again, he'd been crazy for four years or so.

V_Arnold

"Brace yourself, Thea, for after your two week training in an island, we are going back to Starling City"
"But DAAAAAAAAAAD, I just finished writing my angry letter to Roy, telling him that I'm *never* going back there"
"...."

Joni

"Brace yourself, Thea, for after your two week training in an island, we are going back to Starling City"
"But DAAAAAAAAAAD, I just finished writing my angry letter to Roy, telling him that I'm *never* going back there"
"...."

Don't exaggerate. It is May, she'll return in October. That is like twenty weeks. Twenty weeks is like forever. It will feel like it without Arrow.

Volotaire

It's not like it was a "craziness generator" and once it was shut off, he was a-ok again, he'd been crazy for four years or so.

I guess you're right. The Mirakuru just allowed the hallucinations to appear and caused extreme behaviour, and he allowed himself to go insane as a result of it.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Soooooo wait, about Oliver's flashback story for next season. It's pretty clear that he's going to do work for Waller in Hong Kong. I really hope they will offer a good explanation as to how Oliver ended up back on the island on his own. Is Waller just going to drop him back there when they're done with him? His whole 'marooned on an island' story is getting sillier and sillier.

I think the fact that the prison on the island was ARGUS and Oliver seemingly knew about it hints at him definitely having a reason to go back there at some point, but you're right, that means he could have come back to civilization through Waller at a much earlier point. Will be interesting to see how they write around that.

From Amell Twitter:
#Arrow has a new series regular. @Team_Barrowman --

What could go wrong?!?!

Barrowman is a regular next year? WHAAAA!?

gif10-david-tennant-doctor-who.gif

awesome news!

ReiGun

Hopefully, the Flash trailer shuts up all the "DC never does anything fun!" whiners.

They'll just complain his costume isn't red enough

Ruruja

Did anyone notice the high amount of I love you's in the episode? Oliver, Diggle, Sarah, Laurel, Chesthair and Roy all said it at least once.

Joni

Did anyone notice the high amount of "I love you"s in the episode? Oliver, Diggle, Sarah, Laurel, Chesthair and Roy all said it at least once.
They were hiding the character that was dying. Normally, if you tell someone "I love you" in the season finale of a show, one of the two is going to die.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I would love to see Felicity become Black Canary just to sit back and take in the reactions across the internet. That would be entertainment for the ages.

Edit: Even the great Deathstroke knows the appeal of Felicity!

One small thing is that i'm proud of Thea, so many were doubting that she actually shot Merlyn and it turns she really had the balls to shoot him dead.

Great finale. Felt like it could be a series finale with them bringing in so much for the entire series.

I really hope they keep up the steam. The show goes on like there's no next season, which has made this season absolutely great and worth watching, but how long can they keep that up? How are they going to top Slade?

But it'll have Barrowman as a regular....so it'll obviously be great, right?

Caramello

Also disappointed that they seemed to establish that Roy forgot most of what happened to him under the Mirakuru influence, but then Slade remembered everything and wasn't even concerned about all the shit he'd done.

If you remember, Roy was used with the machine to give Miracuru to Slade's army. That had stronger effects than the standard Miracuru that he originally had. He only forgot everything after the point he was put on that machine, he remembered everything before that. Slade never had to go through that so he remembered everything he did.

I don't like that Thea and Laurel are both going to be heroes/villains. It takes something away from the show when every character is running around in a costume.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Felicity is starting to get on my nerves.

<eye_flutter>

"But Olieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you caaaaaaaan't kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill peopleeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!"

</eye_flutter>

Every. Single. Episode. Like a whiny Jiminy Cricket.

I agree man. I liked Arrow in the first place because Ollie could kill people when he needed to. It was refreshing and different from the "I need to be a better person, aka batman hero who consistently lets mass murders live and continue to be mass murderers."

Slade fucking killed your mother, almost killed Sarah, kidnapped pretty much everyone around you, and is still threatening to kill you and everyone around you someday and you don't put an Arrow in him? Come on, don't be fucking Batman or Superman, please.

I need some more kills and "you have failed this city" next season.

He sends him out in nothing but a mask and a speedo, that gives him his public name.

They skipped over him being Speedy it seems, and went right to Red Arrow based on the hoodie and mask both being Red.

I don't like that Thea and Laurel are both going to be heroes/villains. It takes something away from the show when every character is running around in a costume.

Thea might not be a costumed villain. She could be a manipulator that knows how to fight like Isabel was (until the Mirakuru at least).

I agree man. I liked Arrow in the first place because Ollie could kill people when he needed to. It was refreshing and different from the "I need to be a better person, aka batman hero who consistently lets mass murders live and continue to be mass murderers."

Slade fucking killed your mother, almost killed Sarah, kidnapped pretty much everyone around you, and is still threatening to kill you and everyone around you someday and you don't put an Arrow in him? Come on, don't be fucking Batman or Superman, please.

I need some more kills and "you have failed this city" next season.

But the thing is, he wasn't killing the rich guys who failed the city. He was forcing them to right their wrongs.

He was, however, killing their bodyguards. Which is just a classist dick move. I mean, those were just the guys who were hired to protect some rich shmuck and they get killed as a result.

Yeah, season one Ollie was the best Ollie.

"Oh, you're a bad guy trying to kill me, my friends, and other innocent people?" PEW PEW, Arrows to the face.

Now all that's different is that they have to whine about ethics a lot more and rely on more gimmick arrows like rope, electric, and "cure evil super strength."

steadfast

Dear Arrow writers:

I will pay you $1 ... CASH to each of you if you get rid of Thea and Sarah permanently.

They are the fucking worst.

Thank you.

But the thing is, he wasn't killing the rich guys who failed the city. He was forcing them to right their wrongs.

He was, however, killing their bodyguards. Which is just a classist dick move. I mean, those were just the guys who were hired to protect some rich shmuck and they get killed as a result.

They were part of the problem by protecting their interests and reaping the benefits of doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom