• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

My first ever post since my GAF account was just validated, but I just wanted to say:

I've had a great time reading this thread week after week. It's almost been just as fun to see the posts about every episode as it was to actually watch them.
It's a great feeling to watch an episode and then go to the off-topic section of GAF and see the Arrow thread pushed near the top thanks the the reactions, images, jokes and theories each episode brought, you guys are truly entertaining.

I look forward to the next season and being able to contribute to the discussion then, thanks ArrowGAF!
Welcome and hope you have fun!

While I'm glad their showing Hong Kong, I really hope they don't speak Mandirin instead of Cantonese.
It's small but it's going to bug the hell out of me.

MrKnives

I love Arrow and Slade aka Deathstroke was easily the best thing about the season. He kinda saved the season for me, otherwise I think I would have to say I liked season one more. It had a better structure and I liked that he wasn't shy about killing.

Season 2 final was ok but I was hoping Slade would put up more of a fight. Also I hope it won't go Lost style weird with the flashback story.
Slade better come back, that prison can't hold him can it?

DieH@rd

Banned
My first ever post since my GAF account was just validated, but I just wanted to say:

I've had a great time reading this thread week after week. It's almost been just as fun to see the posts about every episode as it was to actually watch them.
It's a great feeling to watch an episode and then go to the off-topic section of GAF and see the Arrow thread pushed near the top thanks the the reactions, images, jokes and theories each episode brought, you guys are truly entertaining.

I look forward to the next season and being able to contribute to the discussion then, thanks ArrowGAF!

Welcome to ArrowGAF
ianrxuwv.gif

:D

SpartacusGAF was better IMO :)

V_Arnold

As cliched as it sounds by now... welcome to the new age! :D

Tugatrix

Welcome to the new age kid

giphy.gif

Nah man, it's FLASH Season 1 |OT| Lightning Gives You Abs

No question about it

i'm gonna be screamed at for this but...does anybody want felicity to move over to the flash series?

i think the scenes between her and barry are the best chemistry she's ever had. but then again she'd be playing third wheel to iris then lmao.

V_Arnold

i'm gonna be screamed at for this but...does anybody want felicity to move over to the flash series?

i think the scenes between her and barry are the best chemistry she's ever had. but then again she'd be playing third wheel to iris then lmao.

She is good at playing third wheel.

He is, but not publicly.

He sorta went back into the closet.

that's a shame. feels like hollywood forces the hearthrobs back into the closet so they appear more marketable.

luke evans was apparently once an openly gay man. and now after appearing in fast and furious and hobbit they straightened that out (no pun intended)....

that's a shame. feels like hollywood forces the hearthrobs back into the closet so they appear more marketable.

luke evans was apparently once an openly gay man. and now after appearing in fast and furious and hobbit they straightened that out (no pun intended)....
Yeah, it's pretty messed up.

Obviously someone's sexuality is their own personal business, but hiding it just so you can be up for more parts is really sad. You'd hope we'd be past stuff like that. :/

Wiktor

I think the person Barry had the strongest chemistry with was Oliver :D

Kevin

I actually really like the actor playing the Flash. When I first heard about him I was a bit skeptical but I think it's going to work out well for the character. Also like the playful dynamic it seems the Flash and Arrow are going to have. Really hope for more then just one crossover episode. This shared universe idea could be awesome and also help promote both shows at the same time. Smart move (thanks to Marvel and their shared universe).

infi

I like the chemistry she has with Barry better than that she has with Ollie but a love triangle with her, Iris and Barry sounds awful

Chariot

I actually really like the actor playing the Flash. When I first heard about him I was a bit skeptical but I think it's going to work out well for the character. Also like the playful dynamic it seems the Flash and Arrow are going to have. Really hope for more then just one crossover episode. This shared universe idea could be awesome and also help promote both shows at the same time. Smart move (thanks to Marvel and their shared universe).
Its strange that both took so long, since the comics did since a long time

Don't really want to read any spoilers but I'm going through Season 1 right now and am really enjoying it.

Anybody have any idea how long it will take for S2 to show up on netflix?

Joni

How much hotness can you fit in a picture.

lcJECL9.jpg

>.<

Take out Chesthair, Roy and add in the cast from THe Originals, Mary from Reign and Ian Somerhalder. It is like they're not even trying to tke the hottest selfie from the Oscars. Jensen Ackles also looks like he photobombed them.

Angel/Buffy
X-Files/Millenium

Eureka/Warehouse 13/Alphas

The biggest tv Universe is actually the Law & Order Universe which includes/included:
L&O
L&O:SVU
L&O:CI
L&O:Trial by Jury
L&O:LA
Homicide: Life on the Street
St. Elsewhere
New York Undercover
Deadline
Conviction
In Plain Sight
Jo
Chicago PD
Chicago Fire
Homicide: Second Shift

And probably a few more that I'm missing. One of the characters from Law & Order named John Munch (played by Richard Belzer) appears in other shows like Arrested Development and The X-Files.. though since they're not shows made by Dick Wolf, it's not really known if they're technically apart of the same universe.

ok so ollie is now in hong kong. will be interesting to see the plot hoops they jump through to keep him from simply trying to call home and/or just running off.

also the fact that he eventually gets dumped back on the island, rofl.

That's a fan hypothesis based on interpretation of an abstract scene in the finale of St. Elsewhere. In any case, if you look at my list, St. Elsewhere is listed on it. The difference is, Dick Wolf has verified that his series are linked but it's never been verified by anyone that all of these series take place in Tommy Westphall's mind.

Short Answer: You just listed the same Universe that I did. But calling it the Tommy Westphall Universe is a stretched interpretation of it.

Kaswa101

Finally saw the finale. Goddamn what a show.

I seriously hope Slade joins the Suicide Squad - that would be amazing as a character dynamic. That swag fight at the end was amazing, but I do question how Slade is actually gonna survive down in that prison on the island lol.

No seriously how?

Welcome and hope you have fun!

While I'm glad their showing Hong Kong, I really hope they don't speak Mandirin instead of Cantonese.
It's small but it's going to bug the hell out of me.
The Mandarin spoken on this show has been ridiculously horrible--to the point where at first I thought it to be some other dialect. They could just as easily botch the Cantonese. They would be better off with English.

Wiktor

The Mandarin spoken on this show has been ridiculously horrible--to the point where at first I thought it to be some other dialect. They could just as easily botch the Cantonese. They would be better off with English.

That's what I love about BBC dramas. Even if they take place in Sweden or Italy and ever character is from those countries they still cast british actors who talk english with recognizable accents.

Tabby

It's easy to botch Cantonese, it's really hard to learn compared to Mandarin.
I'd like it if they went English but it'd be weird if they just always speak English in Hong Kong. I'd prefer it if they went 90% English and 10% Cantonese.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
It's easy to botch Cantonese, it's really hard to learn compared to Mandarin.
I'd like it if they went English but it'd be weird if they just always speak English in Hong Kong. I'd prefer it if they went 90% English and 10% Cantonese.

Given the option, just go with English. But they should be able to get someone to speak Cantonese... they're in Vancouver.

Joni

Eureka/Warehouse 13/Alphas

The biggest tv Universe is actually the Law & Order Universe which includes/included:
L&O
L&O:SVU
L&O:CI
L&O:Trial by Jury
L&O:LA
Homicide: Life on the Street
St. Elsewhere
New York Undercover
Deadline
Conviction
In Plain Sight
Jo
Chicago PD
Chicago Fire
Homicide: Second Shift

And probably a few more that I'm missing. One of the characters from Law & Order named John Munch (played by Richard Belzer) appears in other shows like Arrested Development and The X-Files.. though since they're not shows made by Dick Wolf, it's not really known if they're technically apart of the same universe.
Other noticable ones:
- JAG/NCIS/NCISLA/...
- Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice which had cross-over arcs every season
- Step by Step/Family Matters/Full House

And to make my post a bit more Arrow-like. More cross-over potential.
I'm glad Nina Dobrev got over the fact I chased her through the woods and tried to kill her.
10383641_649662955118975_7961327005002435092_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom