• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other noticable ones:
- JAG/NCIS/NCISLA/...
- Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice which had cross-over arcs every season
- Step by Step/Family Matters/Full House

And Carl Winslow from Family Matters was introduced on an episode of Perfect Strangers.

Other classic TV Spin-off chains:

Happy Days spawned Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley, and Joanie loves Chachi.

All in the Family spawned Maude, the Jeffersons, and several other lesser known shows.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
If The Vampire Diaries has learned me anything, it is that werewolves are weaker than everything aside from werewolf-vampire hybrids.

But a werewolf's bite is fatal to vampires. D:
Elena is still a vampire right? I'm super behind on TVD

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I liked the finale and season 2 overall, glad I kept watching after (the merely ok) season 1. The best thing about Arrow for me personally though, is that my sister also started watching it a few months ago. Unlike me, she had no interest in superheroes before-hand, but since Arrow is rather down-to-earth and also has that romance/drama side to it, I think that drawed her in initially.
It's like we met halfway, and it kind of blows my mind that I'm able to discuss super-heroes with my sister. I showed her the Flash trailer and she's crazy excited about it now (she already knew about Barry from season 2, of course). A year ago it would have been impossible to even convince her to watch it. lol

Penguin

And Carl Winslow from Family Matters was introduced on an episode of Perfect Strangers.

Other classic TV Spin-off chains:

Happy Days spawned Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley, and Joanie loves Chachi.

All in the Family spawned Maude, the Jeffersons, and several other lesser known shows.

I thought the mother was introduced in Perfect Strangers

She was like the elevator operator.

G-Fex

How much hotness can you fit in a picture.

lcJECL9.jpg

>.<

let me guess, 10 billion reblogs on the tumblr?

There are pictures of him with a guy on the internet somewhere, I've seen it.
There's a bunch. When he was modelling, he was totally open about it.

When he transitioned into acting, suddenly any reference to his sexuality was erased. And again, it's totally his business about what parts of himself are public, but it does seem like it was done just so he could get parts as the "straight hunk".

ghstwrld

The latest season ended up being kind of dry tbh; I like all of the stuff with Slade and his madness, but the show was more interesting when it was mostly about Ollie's growing liberalism and him learning the limits of physical violence and terror as vehicles for social change.

Volotaire

The latest season ended up being kind of dry tbh; I like all of the stuff with Slade and his madness, but the show was more interesting when it was mostly about Ollie's growing liberalism and him learning the limits of physical violence and terror as vehicles for social change.

I think they could have done a more effective job with this if they carried on the importance of the 'Glades being destroyed' storyline into the background of the later episodes of the season. I didn't like how this was effectively dropped after Moira's win in court, never mind the ridiculous turn of events of Moira running for Mayor.

Effect

She's improving.
I never had a problem with her, to be honest.

This. While I didn't think she was horrible during season 1 she was noticeably better when she reappeared this season.

And she is gorgeous!

Caity Lotz. She certainly wasn't a favorite. If I'm being really honest I wouldn't call her a good actress. I don't think she's as horrible as some make her out to be but good isn't a word I'd used to describe her when that word or better can easily be used to describe other actors and actresses on the show without hesitation. After thinking about it I'm not bothered that she's gone. I like that Black Canary was a character but was never that drawn to Lotz as an actress. So I'm more open to Laurel taking on the role and that's because I happen to like Katie Cassidy but was frustrated by the arc she went through until the end of it.

What a gorgeous woman.

E2Sdkzr.jpg

She's so goddamn pretty.

So pretty.

Season 1 was no good, but she's improved quite a bit after Dracula and the last Arrow episode she guest-starred in. I did really like the last scene between her and Ollie this season.

Still killed a fuckload of cops, good God.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
This. While I didn't think she was horrible during season 1 she was noticeably better when she reappeared this season.

And she is gorgeous!

Caity Lotz. She certainly wasn't a favorite. If I'm being really honest I wouldn't call her a good actress. I don't think she's as horrible as some make her out to be but good isn't a word I'd used to describe her when that word or better can easily be used to describe other actors and actresses on the show without hesitation. After thinking about it I'm not bothered that she's gone. I like that Black Canary was a character but was never that drawn to Lotz as an actress. So I'm more open to Laurel taking on the role and that's because I happen to like Katie Cassidy but was frustrated by the arc she went through until the end of it.

I like Laurel (really I do) but the writers just don't know what to do with her and its frustrating. I liked the little time she spent with Ollie the last few episodes. The blackmailing the head DA was idiotic and her downward spiral that last what? One or two episodes was laughable. I wouldn't mind Laurel becoming Black Canary.

Here is to Season 3: Year of the Laurel
laurel3ferz5.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I was gonna say something, but then I thought about it and you're actually kinda right. The Originals is trying to give it a run for its money though. Klaus and Marcel, mmmmm...

Glad to see Barrowman has been upped to series regular. Arrow, and CW in general to a certain degree, is starting to become a home for wayward geeky actors.

I don't find Klaus that good looking, I'm straight so I don't want to sex any of the male actors but if I could swap bodies with anyone it would be Elijah, the guy is just too cool for school.

800025831_4456ccdc-5790-4ffe-8ee4-edb256e90cd2-katherine-pierce.png

And there's probably another 10 actors at least that would make both genders tingle.

I don't find Klaus that good looking, I'm straight so I don't want to sex any of the male actors but if I could swap bodies with anyone it would be Elijah, the guy is just too cool for school.

ZW6iZy9.jpg

And always dressed awesome. The character is indeed awesome.

The actor also gets to go home to Rachel Leigh Cook every night.

Metalmarc

Great ending to a great season

One thing was missing, when ollie got in the car in the flashback at the end, and it panned to the china cityscape

The obvious song was missing *Welcome to the new age*

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Worst season finale in television history.

Cons:

• Best Canary leaves the show to scissor Nyssa far from the camera's reach.
  • Laurel becomes the new Canary. NOOOOOOOOOO. I knew that blonde hair was no good signal.
  • Roy with the mask. Blarg.
  • Ravager got killed right away. FUCK. OFF. Jesus. Is that hard to give Summer Glau a meaningful action role for once?
  • Ollicity trolling.
  • Babby reveal out of nowhere at the most inoportune time. Cheap and forced drama is cheap and forced.
  • Nobody having the common sense of pointing that Amanda Waller is the WORST MONSTER OF ALL. I mean, she wants to nuke an entire city just two stop a few roidheads. What the fuck, lady.
  • And of course, Chesthair is now either dead or crippled. WHAT FOR? He was probably one of the most likeable characters in this show, I hope he's not dead-dead.

Pros:

• Thea.

And that will be all for now. Fuck.

NaviLink

I gotta say I found the finale pretty average in comparison to the S1 one. It wasn't bad, but it just felt on rails since all the heavy lifting has been done in the previous episodes.

Having Slade in prison back on the island was a nice touch, though. I'm looking forward to the Hong-Kong flashbacks with Amanda.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So what happened to that Harley Quinn preview clip? Did she show up?

Remmy2112

Finally saw the finale. Goddamn what a show.

I seriously hope Slade joins the Suicide Squad - that would be amazing as a character dynamic. That swag fight at the end was amazing, but I do question how Slade is actually gonna survive down in that prison on the island lol.

No seriously how?

Ending seems to imply that
the island will be used as some sort of super max prison for incredibly dangerous prisoners and will likely be expanded to include future meta-humans. There's likely a A.R.G.U.S. staff on site to provide security and food

TS-08

you predicted the league of assassins & super MAX?

A lot of people predicted not only the LOA, but what Sarah would have to do to get them there. It was pretty obvious who she was referring to in the one episode where she said she was going to see a friend or whatever.

Wiktor

I can't wait for the SuperMAX season, when Ollie is trapped on the Island with all the villains that want him dead.

dexter.gif

Nah. Dexter's last episode wasn't that bad. The very ending was nice and everything before it still was better than the whole S8. It;s the season as a whole that was garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom