• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

pants

We should. One of the very best comic runs currently.

Yeah I've been hearing good things and I should really be reading it now that it's not that weird old goatee'd Ollie from old anymore. The only thing that really made me avoid Green Arrow before is the aesthetic look of the old Ollie.

Tabby

I stayed very far away from GA pre-new 52, hated the character design. (I get the impression you are asking more generally though?)

Nah I was asking about Green Arrow.
Yeah I didn't like his old look either, much prefer the 52 hooded look.

The Longbow Hunters and Quiver

Longbow hunters is the one with Shado right?
Might get that. Interested to see how Shado is in the comics

pants

Its that fucking robin of loxley feather cap and the pedo facial hair + green tights and elf shoes. Did the guy just step out of middle earth the musical? Terribad costume, so glad the new look is actually great

Joni

10154470_650695838349020_2150513244783456734_n.jpg

Deadly

So with
Merlyn become the main villain next season. Will we get to see more League of Assassins? Isn't Ra's still after him?
Not sure if they'll bring back the League of Assassins because that would bring Sarah back as a consequence and that would kinda make her leaving meaningless. Story is probably centered around Merlyn and Thea. I'm expecting a timeskip.

Volotaire

Not sure if they'll bring back the League of Assassins because that would bring Sarah back as a consequence and that would kinda make her leaving meaningless. Story is probably centered around Merlyn and Thea. I'm expecting a timeskip.

It can't be too big of a timeskip, if Arrow is going to be going on around the same time as The Flash. The Flash is at least a few months ahead of the finale of Arrow season 2. Or perhaps they'll set the Flash and Arrow in different time periods from each other.

GulAtiCa

I can't imagine a timeskip working that well when it comes to The Flash show. If Arrow ends up being like 1 year later, will make any co-appearance in Flash odd. I know it could possibly be played off well if keep appearances and importance of appearances to a minimum, though that be a missed opportunity for something more. But would still bug me to have two shows set in same shared universe set in different times.

Unless of course Flash actually has him in a comma for much longer. lol

Edit: Beaten.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It can't be too big of a timeskip, if Arrow is going to be going on around the same time as The Flash. The Flash is at least a few months ahead of the finale of Arrow season 2. Or perhaps they'll set the Flash and Arrow in different time periods from each other.
There's a line in the Flash extended trailer that says
he was in a coma for 9 months. The episode when he went into a coma aired in December 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0l7iGKh8g

There won't be a big time jump in Arrow. It'll be like between the first two seasons, a couple of months. Both shows will generally take place at the same time.

Deadly

Wasn't expecting anything big, Maybe just something like 6 months. Just enough so that when Thea comes back and is an actual competent villain, it kind of makes sense.

Fuzzy

Wasn't expecting anything big, Maybe just something like 6 months. Just enough so that when Thea comes back and is an actual competent villain, it kind of makes sense.
You should imagine Arrow taking place around the same time as the real world. When the show comes back in October it'll be 5 months after the end of the season.

Clevinger

Things move fast in the Arrowverse. Roy had like five minutes of training and he became great with a bow. Thea will be godlike after 5 months of Malcolm's Swagschool.

Fuzzy

Things move fast in the Arrowverse. Roy had like five minutes of training and he became great with a bow. Thea will be godlike after 5 months of Malcolm's Swagschool.
Could you imagine if he got her a speech therapist? They could do wonders in that amount of time.

gazele

Banned
Plus she was already an award winning archer so she's got a good head start

I'm excited to see her as a bag guy, can't be any worse than this season

I'm excited to see her as a bag guy, can't be any worse than this season

plastic-bag-guy-mark-boster-la-times.png

But seriously though, they can make Thea and Malcolm great villains because Oliver will probably want to stop at nothing to kill or capture Malcolm but his feelings for Thea will prevent him from just going ape-shit all the time ( that and the fact that Malcolm will probably kick his ass again in a straight up fight )

Tabby

No but thing is is that
The League is still after him. That's why we didn't see him for half a season. If he's going to be a villain next season then what happens?

Yeah there'll be a time skip of 5 months
Arrow and Flash takes place same time as real world.

Stopped watching right before the Suicide Squad episode. Saw a gif that intrigued me and watched the rest of season 2 that I had DVR'd, skipping the SS episode and Birds Of Prey. So glad I did. What a tremendous stretch of final episodes.

Gotta say tho, the Lance family having a heartwarming goodbye as Canary runs off with assassins was pretty funny.

weewebo

Neo Member
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6lVH3ogPE0w

DC: Hm a movie about female superhero, what about Wonder Woman?
Nevermind Wonder Woman is too complicated with her Greek Mythology, that would be way too hard to create, let's do another batman/superman thing. How about we make them fight an evil corporate gangster! That is fresh, right?

Marvel: Here's a movie with an asshole thief,  a talking raccoon, a warrior tree, a green female assassin and an alien Kratos saving the galaxy to the sound of Blue Swede's "Hooked On A Feeling"!

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Okay GAF, lets make a census on the Best and Worst episodes of the show so far.

Best: 2x23 - Unthinkable
arrow-team-arrow-unthinkable.jpg

The fight scenes were good, the pacing was good, even Thea was okay-ish, and that says a lot.

Worst: 1x15 - Dodger
600px-Arrow_the_Dodger.jpg

What a shit episode this was, weak villain, the romantic sub-plot was cringe worthy and the Island flashbacks felt like filler content.

weewebo

Neo Member

The fight scenes were good, the pacing was good, even Thea was okay-ish, and that says a lot.

What a shit episode this was, weak villain, the romantic sub-plot was cringe worthy and the Island flashbacks felt like filler content.

That seems about right.
Though Dodger did have a little bit of charm.

I don't even remember what Dodger was about. Is that Baltar from BSG? I don't even remember him being in the show. Must've been a pretty forgettable episode.

I don't even remember what Dodger was about. Is that Baltar from BSG? I don't even remember him being in the show. Must've been a pretty forgettable episode.

The one where he makes people do his stealing for him using explosive collars. Felicity ends up getting a collar placed on her. Oliver saves her somehow, kinda forget.

That seems about right.
Though Dodger did have a little bit of charm.

Dodger had Felicity glammed up. It can't be the worst.

"cocktail dress episode"
Thus, why it can't be the worst. I am not sure what I would pick for the worst. The best for me is The Promise. The Undertaking is a close second.

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10154470_650695838349020_2150513244783456734_n.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

That's alright but the "Olicity" shipping shit pretty much ruins the comments on every post he makes along with the people who repeatedly post the same damn images over and over and over again in I'm imagining some lame attempt to get him to notice and give them some attention.

Prologue

Just watched the last two episodes, good stuff. Wish there was more Malcom though.

Should have seen my face when Ollie told felicity that he loved her. He was about to move in with the other like like an episode ago lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom