• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i just watched the leaked Flash pilot... Amell's acting is so
cringeworthy. Its like all the improvement he got in S2 was gone. And the scene of him with Barry overall is pretty meh

The scene was probably rushed with a limited number of takes given it was shot while Arrow was filming, even if it's short
at least that'd be my excuse. As for it leaking I knew it would but can't believe I didn't notice it yesterday ummm... BBL...

*Walks away slowly while non-nonchalantly whistling.*

Pluto

Oh they still haven't killed her off? Well here's hoping for season 3.
I like Katie Cassidy so I really hope her character improves in season 3 but if it doesn't I agree they have to get rid of Laurel. I'm not sure what the problem with Laurel is, Katie Cassidy was good in other roles and the writing on Arrow is usually pretty good so why isn't Laurel working as a character?

V_Arnold

I like Katie Cassidy so I really hope her character improves in season 3 but if it doesn't I agree they have to get rid of Laurel. I'm not sure what the problem with Laurel is, Katie Cassidy was good in other roles and the writing on Arrow is usually pretty good so why isn't Laurel working as a character?

Because people are usually unable or not willing to differentiate between a troubled character and a badly written one.

Because people are usually unable or not willing to differentiate between a troubled character and a badly written one.
I find this to be very true, for me the prime example is Tara from True Blood. She went through a tonne of horrible experiences and to me all of her actions were justified yet the amount of people who just call her a bitch or say she is a horrible character with terrible writing etc.

I think it mainly comes down to people not having the ability to put themselves in someone else's shoes, they might think they can do it but what they actually do is just put that persons shoes on and still act like themselves, instead of thinking about the life this person has had and how certain scenarios could possible affect them on a huge scale compared to how others might react.

As for Laurel, I might not have always liked her actions but that’s intentional on the writers part and in majority of cases she has been justified in her beliefs or actions.

Wiktor

Can't she be both, troubled and badly written?

Yep. Laurel's both. It would be tolerable in Gossip Girl or Merlose Place, but here it's even more grating, because it's boring side character having cliched boring drama that's just wasted air time, air time taken from all the other awesome people doing awesome things. THis is show about masked people kicking ass and if there's some personal drama it works only if it's connected to the main superheroics.

Not to mention that drama overall has been severly scaled back in S2. Laurel was sole exception, because they just clearly had no clue what to do with her otherwise.

V_Arnold

Can't she be both, troubled and badly written?

Sure. Point me towards the parts which you call badly written and which you call troubled character traits. We then can have a debate. "Get your gossip girl out of my arrow" is not a good argument against this, because it does not make Laurel badly acten or badly written, even if someone does not prefer it.

Imho, in Arrow, it is obvious that all characters have serious flaws, but for some reason, many are given a pass. Do not even get me started on how Felicity acts BATSHIT CRAZY in scenes where Oliver is in them. And yet, Barry shows up, and ooooh, DAT LOVE. Nope. Not believable. They are degrading, humiliating, and seriously downplaying the cunning and the intelligence of a hacker. Not to mention the way she is dressed up.

But it allows Ollicity shipping and gifs with her ass in it, so it is all forgiven. That is a bigger character massacre than anything involving Laurel.

Cynar

First ~20mins of the Flash pilot were caca, but man, I really enjoyed the rest. Also, Amell's small scene was fine.
First 20 mins was just some setup. It was all good. Amell's scene was okay as well. Overall the episode was pretty amazing especially for being a TV show.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
So after watching The Flash pilot, I can't wait for this one-two punch of comic book awesomeness
and bad acting
of both shows

DC killing it on TV, just need to translate that to movies now.

Dany

Banned
Helena went undercover as a stripper to interrogate someone for 2 minutes?

wut.

both roy and thea need a shot, and not by a needle. god damn this is bad.

Jigorath

Banned

Whether she's trying to get Moira the death penalty, going back and forth between Tommy and Oliver, or even blaming Sara for being shipwrecked, she's just incredibly unlikable. The worst part is she's not supposed to be unlikable, she's the main female protagonist. We're supposed to root for her. It doesn't help that Katie Cassidy is a very wooden actress. Her plastic surgery also makes it impossible for her to show any sort of emotion in her face, ruining what little acting ability she had.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Verdant has to be the lamest club around jesus.

he just flipped a table. tells me theres a gif.

Yep

iy9j7mAd1B5EK.gif

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Helena went undercover as a stripper to interrogate someone for 2 minutes?

wut.
She takes her work seriously. Unlike Ollie. Fuck of a BILLIONAIRE industrialist becomes destitute when his shares plunge? Jesus Christ, invest in some commodities instead of prancing around in tight leathers, you dork.

Saw this link in the Sleepy Hollow thread. The character code-named "Seth" has had some changes made to his casting call:

http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/castle-season-7-did-bracken-kill-rick-spoilers/

Any new news on Arrow Season 3? The wait is killing us! –Jeff
‘Member the “Seth” guy I told you about a couple of weeks ago? Well, the casting for that role has since been tweaked, and he is now described as a “shade of a man” with a quiet intensity, a “criminal mastermind who whistles classical music” as he goes about his devious business. There’s also talk of him having “reptilian eyes.” Whomever he is, he will be the Big Bad for the season opener.

She takes her work seriously. Unlike Ollie. Fuck of a BILLIONAIRE industrialist becomes destitute when his shares plunge? Jesus Christ, invest in some commodities instead of prancing around in tight leathers, you dork.

Bwahahaha

Saw this link in the Sleepy Hollow thread. The character code-named "Seth" has had some changes made to his casting call:

http://tvline.com/2014/06/26/castle-season-7-did-bracken-kill-rick-spoilers/

Interesting

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

yeah ollie is an idiot for not taking 10 minutes to tell his underlings to move some money around

Dany

Banned
FUCK YES! MOIRA tell everyonne. this season finale is so great omg.

'dear god, i have failed this city'

Tommy: 'is it true?'

WAT R U slow or something

DieH@rd

Banned
FUCK YES! MOIRA tell everyonne. this season finale is so great omg.

'dear god, i have failed this city'

Tommy: 'is it true?'

WAT R U slow or something

Ahm..... watch till the end of the episode. :D Only then you can post impressions of S1 finale. Shit got intense.

Dany

Banned
The actress that plays Laurel had work done?

why.

Is he really not going to kill anyone anymore?

lmao 2x01 was so damn great. SO many nods and teases. ugh. They have me

- Deadline: Devon Aoki Joins CW’s ‘Arrow’
Devon Aoki has landed a major recurring guest role on the hit CW drama Arrow from Warner Bros TV. Aoki will play
Tatsu Yamashiro, a character that first appeared in the Green Arrow origin series graphic novels published by DC Comics. She is a Japanese martial arts expert who wields a deadly sword, a blade from which her codename Katana is derived. In Arrow, Tatsu will be one of Oliver’s mentors in the flashbacks, and a critical influence on his journey to eventually become The Arrow of present day.

bpRx2zF.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
MAN, that moment was just so so bad. That ddamn song.

I'm trying to think of a CW show that hasn't used that song in the past year. I watched the pilot of The 100 and I just couldn't stop laughing when it came on.

Devon should be a fun addition to the cast. I wonder what her role in the present will be. They've already done the past mentor turned villian in present with Slade, so maybe she'll be a modern ally since Sara is gone.

I'm trying to think of a CW show that hasn't used that song in the past year. I watched the pilot of The 100 and I just couldn't stop laughing when it came on.

Devon should be a fun addition to the cast. I wonder what her role in the present will be. They've already done the past mentor turned villian in present with Slade, so maybe she'll be a modern ally since Sara is gone.

Maybe she won't be
in the present at all this season. She probably will be, but maybe she won't.
If she does show up, it better not be as a business woman interested in taking over Queen Consolidated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom