• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
my first post on Neogaf i never though this day would come

and i knew my first post had to be on Arrow-gaf because i have been reading this thread over a year now

look forward to the flash show also :)

Welcome. Another one to embrace the gloriousness of the wall flip
tumblr_mwd3hbC4uO1t12ifko1_400.gif

gIQpxeu.gif

Magwik

Banned
You've played it? Is it worth checking out?

Injustice is a great entry fighting game. Does some things better than MK9, but don't go in expecting something like Street Fighter. The online mode (on the 360 at least) has a decent amount of people still around. If it's cheaper than $40 and if you like the characters that are in the game (no static shock D:<), I'd say go for it.

Subitai

and i knew my first post had to be on Arrow-gaf because i have been reading this thread over a year now

Welcome! =D

This particular thread is "new age" heaven. If you didn't catch it, don't make fun of Laurel's face job, especially chin.

In general be very careful around console war age and sales age if you don't want to get banned. Also, don't ever post anything emotional.

Welcome!
A tip of advice for OT and pretty much everywhere part of the GAF, Think before you type. or when you make a thread.

Subitai

You've played it? Is it worth checking out?
It isn't SSFIV, but then again no game has been out long enough to be as balanced and refined as that game is.

There aren't actually bad characters, just ones with more bad 7-3 or 8-2 matchups, so like Pokemon, you really need a dedicated secondary character that doesn't have the same bad matchups. Green Arrow for instance is really weak vs Aquaman, because he can get out of freeze initiated combos, so you need to learn another character if you don't want to get spanked in that matchup online.

I chose this example as it happened this weekend at CEO to ChrisG. Most of the top players were there and even though there were a lot of Zod players, they couldn't impose themselves through the slight imbalance. Anyway, you can watch the top 8 from this weekend to see for yourself. CEO Injustice top 8 http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming/c/4578025 Most of the matches were very entertaining up even through the grand finals.

There is also a lot to do as far as story and challenge modes as well. I think it is probably cheaper now to get the ultimate version to get the six new characters vs getting the original and buying season pass, but I'm not sure.

Dany

Banned
wait. is that black cat, omg

TALIA AL GHUIL??? RAS AL GHOULL

AHGHAGHAGHHAGHAGGHAHGHAGHA

WHAT THE FUCK SARAH

lmao is that scarecrow?

dave_m123

Just watched last four episodes of season 2 finally last night, Amazing show really good stuff there. Slade was a great villain and Stephen Amell has really grown as Oliver. The fight in the tunnel between the two groups was pretty darn cool!

Why arent all comic book adaptions this good.

Felicity is awesome!

Sounds like we're going to be getting some big news at Comic-Con this year. Hopefully it's Amell and Gustin being in Batman v Superman.

It would literally be the only reason I'd go see that movie.

Mario007

I feel like we are on the verge of entering a reality of incredible comic book tv shows adaptations. Welcome to a new age, ushered by Arrow :)
Having watched the Flash and Constantine pilots I'm inclined to agree.
Sounds like we're going to be getting some big news at Comic-Con this year. Hopefully it's Amell and Gustin being in Batman v Superman.

It would literally be the only reason I'd go see that movie.
To be fair, judging by the Flash trailer CW is definitely setting up Flash and GA as the Superman and Batman of their universe.

Wiktor

Stephen Amell has big plans for Comic Con and has stated that he has three other events planned beyond the standard Arrow panel:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/03/arrow-star-stephen-amell-teases-big-comic-con-plans

This is a bit exciting. Sounds like we may get several big Arrow themed announcements from him. Anyone want to speculate? Could he announce that he will be portraying Green Arrow in the movies or is that just wishful thinking?

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, CW had done really well with those properties and they would be validated further by merging those universes. But on the other hand I'm afraid that merger will put serious restrictions on CW branch of it. Heck, I doubt we would be even getting Flash tv show at all if the universe would be shared from day 1.

The best case scenario would be for DC/WB to just say "fuck it, do whatever is awesome" and allow merger for movie, while still allowing CW to do whatever they want on small screen, including allowing Arrow to steal everything from Batman :D. I hope that since they already are putting shows on multiple networks it means they don't have a hard-on for keeping everything tidy and shared, the way Marvel does. DC's aproach to animation is exactly what needs to happen in live action too.

Mario007

I don't know how I feel about this. On one hand, CW had done really well with those properties and they would be validated further by merging those universes. But on the other hand I'm afraid that merger will put serious restrictions on CW branch of it. Heck, I doubt we would be even getting Flash tv show at all if the universe would be shared from day 1.

The best case scenario would be for DC/WB to just say "fuck it, do whatever is awesome" and allow merger for movie, while still allowing CW to do whatever they want on small screen, including allowing Arrow to steal everything from Batman :D. I hope that since they already are putting shows on multiple networks it means they don't have a hard-on for keeping everything tidy and shared, the way Marvel does. DC's aproach to animation is exactly what needs to happen in live action too.

Well considering how far away the DoJ movie is, that allows for more 2 more seasons of each show before the timelines really need to merge which means we could would still get awesome stuff for Arrow and Flash. Plus it seems like Arrow is moving now into Outsider Wars which is strict GA territory. That plus Merlyn and Supermax could even be enough to carry the 3 seasons without needing to borrow too much from Batman.

Also I've read up recently that when Del Toro talked about doing JL Dark (which he still intends to make) he wants to include the TV Constatnine into it, so obviously it's an idea floating around WB/DC.

Disclaimer: I would love for an Amell GA and Gustin Flash in the movie-verse.

Wiktor

Also I've read up recently that when Del Toro talked about doing JL Dark (which he still intends to make) he wants to include the TV Constatnine into it, so obviously it's an idea floating around WB/DC.
IMO Hellblazer worked better as standalone than part of DC comics (altough Constantine fucking up with Batman and Superman is always hilarious) . I would love for them to create separate Vertigo continuity. Have Constantine be TV branch of it and even if ththen connect Sandman and Justice League Dark movies to it.

I honestly I'm hyped as hell about Constantine tv show and hope they will follow Arrow's example and embrace the comic book roots and bring in characters like Zatana.
Disclaimer: I would love for an Amell GA and Gustin Flash in the movie-verse.

I would too, I just prefer TV shows over movies in this case, so I don't want to see them damaged for a short awesomeness that 2 hours movie would be. I'm pretty hopeful about it though. DC comics don't mind creating separate continuities for it's properties and even with shared uniuverse I doubt WB would make huge problems if Arrow team would like to bring Raa's or Harley into the show. I get a feeling Arrow is sort of becoming a prestige brand for WB/DC right now, with all the media fawning over it and using it as example of DC dominating over Marvel in TV. After the PR beating DC is getting in movie area this must feel great for WB/DC, so I think CW as a whole got a lot of goodwill and clout with their tv shows.

Plus there's added bonus that if they would connect to the movies then Arrow could take their B-tier villains to pad out Supermax season :D

strafer

Stephen Amell has big plans for Comic Con and has stated that he has three other events planned beyond the standard Arrow panel:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/03/arrow-star-stephen-amell-teases-big-comic-con-plans

This is a bit exciting. Sounds like we may get several big Arrow themed announcements from him. Anyone want to speculate? Could he announce that he will be portraying Green Arrow in the movies or is that just wishful thinking?

Shirtless Amell and Cavill.

>,<

Volotaire

I'm not sure if I can talk about this here, so I will edit my post if requested, but apparently the Flash pilot has been leaked, amongst favourable reviews from fans.

Sabucin

I certainly love Arrow and I just watched the pilot of The Flash and it is amazing too!
The only thing that I do not like so much is that Green Arrow's character is so serious... so brooding.
Original Oliver Queen is funny, troll and badass! I hope the Arrow's character can make that change someday.

Joni

Superman v. Batman will become Superman v. Arrow. They need to replace Drunkfleck with another Batman, so they might as well cast Green Arrow as Batman.
I wish it is going to be a Suicide Squad movie with an appearance by Arrow though. They could do a couple of smaller movies like that to strengthen the CW universe without getting too much into the waters of the big movies.

Wiktor

Superman v. Batman will become Superman v. Arrow. They need to replace Drunkfleck with another Batman, so they might as well cast Green Arrow as Batman.
I wish it is going to be a Suicide Squad movie with an appearance by Arrow though. They could do a couple of smaller movies like that to strengthen the CW universe without getting too much into the waters of the big movies.

I wish they would do mini series instead with different characters and fill summer breaks with them. It would also be a nice proving ground for concepts for eventual full series if something works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom