• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Amell has raw footage of the next episode on his Facebook of a short scene between Ollie and Laurel. Nothing spectacular, but nice to see how the show is made.

Wiktor

I dunno if any of you guys are watching NBC's Dracula (you should, it's actually really good and fun and surprisingly bloodysexy) but Jessica de Gouw's on it, and get this... is improving as an actress. Maybe it's cause she can do a British accent better than an American one, but she's pretty good. And still smashingly pretty.

So...nobody will blame me now for wanting more Huntress on Arrow? :)

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I dunno if any of you guys are watching NBC's Dracula (you should, it's actually really good and fun and surprisingly bloodysexy) but Jessica de Gouw's on it, and get this... is improving as an actress. Maybe it's cause she can do a British accent better than an American one, but she's pretty good. And still smashingly pretty.

You know, up untill now, I thought Huntress was played by Parker Posey.

Just went through a marathon binge watch on Netflix and just now caught up on season 2.

This show is so freaking awesome, but I'm not sure I liked the whole "no killing" route he's on now. That said, this season has been pretty good, so maybe it won't make a difference

Team Felicity all the way

Khezu

I knew Katie Cassidy was in Supernatural but I didn't realize she was blonde Ruby.

Man, I actually liked her in that.

Klyka

Banned
Just went through a marathon binge watch on Netflix and just now caught up on season 2.

This show is so freaking awesome, but I'm not sure I liked the whole "no killing" route he's on now. That said, this season has been pretty good, so maybe it won't make a difference

Team Felicity all the way

I'd like to say that while he is on a "no killing" thing now, he still shoots people in the shoulder/legs/wherever without hesitating even a second.
He uses a trick arrow once or twice but apart from that he does not care wether or not he maims these people,he just doesn't kill them.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
So...nobody will blame me now for wanting more Huntress on Arrow? :)

I've been championing Huntress since her first appearance.

Granted that's mostly because she's shit hot*, but still.

*the other reason is because she also happens to be the biggest murderous douchebag out there now that Ollie has reformed.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
If they bring her back, at least it'll make sense when Ollie is telling her not to kill.

...And then we can see Huntress/BC scenes. Bueno.

Sulik2

These last two episodes have been fantastic. Laurel self destructing
please die
Officer Lance doing some good acting. Mentions of Slade in the current time line and some interesting stuff on the ship. Black Canary is all kinds of awesome. Seems like they have really cut down on cheese in the last two episodes as well. Really digging this season.

So if Brother Blood wearing a combination of Bane and Scarecrow's mask?

The "Texts From Superheroes" Tumblr had an Arrow-related update:

http://textsfromsuperheroes.com/post/66046339677

tumblr_mvqzl6WyS81rvya9ro1_500.jpg

And a previous Arrow update:

tumblr_mudk17tNNO1rvya9ro1_500.jpg

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The writers are throwing us a curve ball with Laurel's alcoholism*. She's going to turn into Red Arrow instead of Roy, who will probably kill himself performing a daring wallflip.

Snvu8zg.jpg

*since it's obvious that Thea is no longer on that path.

Tabby

The writers are throwing us a curve ball with Laurel's alcoholism*. She's going to turn into Red Arrow instead of Roy, who will probably kill himself performing a daring wallflip.

Snvu8zg.jpg

*since it's obvious that Thea is no longer on that path.

I will cry if that happens.

ReiGun

I love that cover so much because of GL. He's so much more focused on rubbing it in Ollie's face that he can't be arsed to, ya know, stop Roy from shooting up.

Looks like the CW is possibly getting another DC show as well.

The CW’s heroic plan continues to unfold.

The network that brought you Arrow is developing Hourman, a drama based on a DC Comics character who can see flashes of terrible things that will happen an hour in the future, TVLine has confirmed.

The hero of this story — who first appeared in a 1940 comic — is a highly intelligent, emotionally burdened pharmaceutical analyst who finds his purpose by preventing the tragedies he sees. Along the way, he hopes to reunite with his ex-wife and son.

Michael Caleo (Ironside) will pen the script, with Dan Lin (The Secret Lives of Wives) and Jennifer Gwartz (Veronica Mars) executive-producing in association with Warner Bros. TV.

Maybe the CW should just turn this into the DC network plus a few shows at this point.

Tabby

Maybe the CW should just turn this into the DC network plus a few shows at this point.
This is literally the first I've ever heard of this character.
Is he a D list superhero or something?

Arrow, Flash and now this.
Me gusta, me gusta mucho. More please n

and that isn't the only one. I found this a few days ago:
based on the 1939 comic The Avenger - sold to The CW

Deadline reports that The CW has begun development on a series based on the 1939 pulp hero, The Avenger. The character has appeared in the DC Comics 1975 miniseries Justice Inc. from Jack Kirby and a 1989 miniseries of the same name.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=89435#O0pgpUYiL61QsiXu.99

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/nea...o-the-cw-inspired-by-the-avenger-pulp-series/

Deadline said:
A new take on the Street & Smith pulp series The Avenger is in the works at The CW with Neal Baer and Conde Nast Entertainment, which owns Street & Smith. The untitled drama project, from CBS TV Studios where Baer is under an overall deal, is described as an updated Biopunk version of The Avenger. Written by Deric Hughes and Benjamin Raab (Warehouse 13), it tells the story of Alice Benson, a young woman who, in the wake of her parents’ murder, discovers she possesses a superpower as a result of genetic bio-hacking which allows her to transform her appearance at will. Alice will use her face-altering talents to investigate the mystery of her parents’ deaths and uncover the origins of her strange ability. The original 1939 Street & Smith magazine series centered on Richard Benson, who was avenging the killing of his daughter Alice and his wife.

Baer Bones’ Baer and Conde Nast’s Dawn Ostroff executive produce the project, with Raab and Hughes co-executive producing. This marks Under The Dome showrunner Baer’s second sale since recently renewing his overall deal at CBS TV Studios. He also has a medical drama at CBS, which he is co-writing with Dan Truly. Raab and Hughes are repped by CAA and Darren Trattner, Baer is with Paradigm and Michael Gendler, and Conde Nast Entertainment is with CAA and Pamela Black.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
This is literally the first I've ever heard of this character.
Is he a D list superhero or something?

Arrow, Flash and now this.
Me gusta, me gusta mucho. More please n

Eh... C-list tier? He's pretty well known if you know about the Justice Society. His original power was to gain superhuman powers by popping a pill... and his powers only last for an hour.

It's odd they chose him of all people. I don't even think they reintroduced him in the nu52. Maybe they're ramping him up and giving him a bigger profile in the comics?

Khezu

IDK, I just saw a commercial for it during SN, or AoS, one of those.

Felicity was talking to Roy with a voice modulator(maybe pretending to be the arrow?) and Roy was sneaking around a building or something.

It just said it was a six part mini series, and that's about it.

Wiktor

if they're digging out obscure heroes they should make Azrael tv series. With the whole Templar order dynamics it would feel very different from Arrow, while at the same time targetting similiar tone.

if they're digging out obscure heroes they should make Azrael tv series. With the whole Templar order dynamics it would feel very different from Arrow, while at the same time targetting similiar tone.

Too 'Batman' for WB. They refused the use of Nightwing, so we're not getting Azrael.

I say again... FUCKING SANDMAN!

sandman_low.jpg

He'd seemlessly fit into the Arrowverse, but he could carry his own dark noir/mystery show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom