• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Too 'Batman' for WB. They refused the use of Nightwing, so we're not getting Azrael.

Nightwing doesn't work without Batman. Azrael could. Using Nightwing would immiedietally make it clear there's Bat in that universe. I think that's the problem. Arrow already has been using some of the lesser known Bat folk and it was ok, because they weren't this tightly connected to Batman in mass audience's perception.

There was supossedly pretty big bidding war for Gotham. THat's propably why they are keeping it on tight leash, to not water down the IP.

Clevinger

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Yay! The Corn blesses Arrow-GAF with his presence!

I'm not sure if you are completely up to speed, but if you liked the second half of S1 you are going to love S2. This thing hit the ground running.

Cornballa!

welcome to best-gaf
Thanks! Glad you didn't give me the elevator treatment as a hazing ritual. :p

lift1s9uwg.gif

I'm not sure if you are completely up to speed, but if you liked the second half of S1 you are going to love S2. This thing hit the ground running.
I watched the first four episodes of S2 this week - good season so far. They've done a nice job with the pacing even though they're doing 22 episode season. I'm not sure how much of the somewhat slower stuff has been mitigated by the fact that I marathoned it. In general, I prefer shorter seasons with tighter arcs.

Good lord that Caity picture above. I think I am in love. I must not do this to Felicity!

Also, it appears Stephen Amell posted an interesting picture to his Facebook today. I'm sure it means absolutely nothing, but figured I'd mention it anyways.

545960_530319953719943_143240074_n.jpg

http://www.greenarrowtv.com/is-step...omething-about-arrow-the-justice-league/15679

upgrade-stare.gif

Better be a crack team of psychotic vigilantes without superpowers (save for the Flash) going toe-to-toe with overpowered psychos and winning

do you think they'd throw Stephen Amell into a justice league film?

it's not like Green Arrow would be a major character in the film. Just support. So it wouldn't really harm them not to go with a big movie star for the dude.

It's like Amell reads gaf and wants to specifically troll NotTheGuy. lol

tumblr_lzb9uyfa4o1qj4vs2o1_500.gif

do you think they'd throw Stephen Amell into a justice league film?

it's not like Green Arrow would be a major character in the film. Just support. So it wouldn't really harm them not to go with a big movie star for the dude.

As cool as it'd be, it'd never happen:

1) WB sucks.

2) WB really sucks.

3) I prefer Arrow to remain as grounded and far away from Man of Steel superheroics as possible. But that's just me.

Clevinger

new episode tonight - it's hyped to be a big one (some people have compared its epicness/goodness/whatever to last season's finale):

League of Assassins

After Oliver and the Canary
are attacked by a trained killer at the Queen Mansion
, the Canary confesses where she's from; Moria must choose whether to plead guilty to murder and conspiracy or take her chances in court.

Snake

Tonight is the night. Can't wait for more Caity goodness.
Caity%20Lotz-09.jpg

As strange as it sounds, my biggest problem with Black Canary so far is they've put too much makeup on her face (to the point where you can't even tell she has freckles). The result of this is that her facial features come off as overly harsh. And while some of that harshness fits with her character's new persona, it also made her acting a bit more stilted and stone-faced.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
There is no such thing as "too much makeup" in a show where Katie Cassidy also stars. Girl's more painted than a church's door.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Ollie creepin' on Roy. This looks like a screenshot out of Wozzly's imagination.

Roy's face just says it all. I'm convinced the CW is stealing my ideas from the thousands of drafts I have of different ships.

stop giving him idea
anyone know Slade is one and only.

Ollie/Slade is the forbidden love that dare not speak its name. It makes their loins tender.

I don't wanna be in his head.

You already are. You all are!

jw7PZyV.gif

Chucker

Yo that's not the first thing I'd do to her if she was bent over a table, know what I'm saying bros.

I'd offer her a seat and a nice meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom