• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Watched the trailer and wow didn't expect Rha's Al Ghul at all, this one of the benefits of tv and movie universe not being shared. Each can go all out. Good move DC.

Season 3 looks insane.

I'm guessing that with the appearance of Roy as Red Arrow, will the show finally call Ollie the Green Arrow??? Pls.

Joni

I'm curious to see The Scribbler and The Machine. Those movies clearly need to be watched together. I wonder if Lotz and Cassidy have shown their movies to the others.

LNBL

A trailer for The Scribbler has been released. Katie Cassidy is an amazing talent. She shouldn't be stuck on shows like Arrow, so I hope this does very well.

futuramafry.jpg

Magwik

Banned
Watched the trailer and wow didn't expect Rha's Al Ghul at all, this one of the benefits of tv and movie universe not being shared. Each can go all out. Good move DC.

Season 3 looks insane.

I'm guessing that with the appearance of Roy as Red Arrow, will the show finally call Ollie the Green Arrow??? Pls.
Roy's going with Arsenal afaik

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm curious to see The Scribbler and The Machine. Those movies clearly need to be watched together. I wonder if Lotz and Cassidy have shown their movies to the others.

Interesting, because both actresses show their bossoms in their respective movies.

Maybe Wozzly could work something from there. Something about a film night something something.

Clevinger

Now if only someone else could get a movie and do shhhhvery shhhhwrll so shhhhey won't shhhhtay to be on the show shhhhanymore.

Now that you mention it, Caity Lotz does slur her words a bit.

Apparently she's being cast in some Mortal Kombat web series. I hope she continues to find work that suits her talent and doesn't bother with a lame show like Arrow much longer.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Now that you mention it, Caity Lotz does slur her words a bit.

Apparently she's being cast in some Mortal Kombat web series. I hope she continues to find work that suits her talent and doesn't bother with a lame show like Arrow much longer.

:-|

Edit: You know, there's also Cinemax...

Mario007

stuff like this is why people who wanted welling for man of steel were laughed at...
and why amell should never be cast in the justice league

Then again you have people like Henry Cavil who went from the Tudors to Man of Steel, so the transition is possible.

stuff like this is why people who wanted welling for man of steel were laughed at...
and why amell should never be cast in the justice league

And people wanting Welling to be on Arrow... Many as Superman. >_>

Welling can fuck off.

Then again you have people like Henry Cavil who went from the Tudors to Man of Steel, so the transition is possible.

Cavill had a movie or two in between.

Chairhome

I don't know why this is giving me so much joy right now, but Chloe Bennet from Agents of SHIELD and Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity) had this short exchange on twitter. (I HAVE NO LIFE)
Chloe Bennet @ChloeBennet4
@EmilyBett ps. How is it over there in DC world?

Emily Bett Rickards @EmilyBett
@ChloeBennet4 who is this?

Emily Bett Rickards @EmilyBett
@ChloeBennet4 high crime rates and low coffee. How's the Marvel Universe?

Chloe Bennet @ChloeBennet4
@EmilyBett oh ya know...Lots of fake computer hacking and running in heels.

Details:
NYPD Blue alum Charlotte Ross has been tapped to play the mother of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) on Arrow, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

Ross, whose credits also include Nashville, Days of Our Lives and Glee, is slated to appear
in at least one episode in early November. Details on Felicity's mother — including her name and whether she'll appear in flashback or present day — are being kept heavily guarded.

As TVGuide.com previously teased, Arrow is planning a series of Felicity-centric flashbacks that the producers call "the secret origin of Felicity Smoak." "We are absolutely going to get to know her," executive producer Marc Guggenheim recently said. "We know that she went to MIT, we know that her mom was a cocktail waitress in Vegas and we're going to meet that mom. And we also know that her dad is not in the picture."

Sgfx1yK.jpg

Joni

Shesssssusss ssshtop shhhpeaking ill about my girl Willa you doussshhhhhe.

Whats the hint? Is it the hat? His dad is scumbag steve is that what you saying?

She is hanging out with the Lance sisters, so maybe they'll turn out to be three of them. She has been hanging out a lot with them and Paul Blackthorne!
Don't mind the crackpot theories

Xamdou

Just finished season 2, what happened to Laurel? She looks a lot thinner compared to her bombshell season 1 version.

As it is now, Felicity is the best love interest for Oliver so I like how the story is going forward.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just finished season 2, what happened to Laurel? She looks a lot thinner compared to her bombshell season 1 version.

As it is now, Felicity is the best love interest for Oliver so I like how the story is going forward.
Medication, alcohol and so on... Now that she is focused again I expect her too look great again in S3. She already started to look better again in the final S2 episodes.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4

She looks a lot of a heck better in the latest pictures. Willa, too.

Mmmm, Willa....

- THR: 'Arrow' Enlists 'Medium' Star for DC Role in Season 3
Arrow is introducing another DC Comics character — and he'll have strong ties to Diggle.

Medium star David Cubitt, who played Detective Lee Scanlon on the CBS procedural, has landed a meaty guest role in The CW comic-book drama's third season as Mark Shaw, who becomes Manhunter.

Who is Mark Shaw? In the DC comics, he is one of many who take on the Manhunter name, including Kate Spencer. When the character makes his Starling City entrance, he will be
an A.R.G.U.S. operative in Corto Maltese who crosses paths with Diggle. In comic lore, Mark has a connection to the Suicide Squad. There have been subtle nods to Manhunter on Arrow; in several episodes, a Starling City prosecutor district attorney named Kate Spencer played a pivotal role, before she was killed in late season two. (One of the characters who becomes Manhunter in the comics has the same name.)

Other key additions to the season include the Atom/Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh), Wildcat/Ted Grant (J.R. Ramirez), Felicity's mother (Charlotte Ross), Maseo (Karl Yune), Katana (Devon Aoki) and a new Count Vertigo (Peter Stormare).

d4AZrGN.jpg

Kind of OT but I purchased the ultimate edition of Injustice last week for PS4 and was playing with Green Arrow. I didn't know that there was an Arrow costume from the CW show :p, they even got Ammell to do some lines for it.

It may be old news but I just thought it was pretty cool.

So what's the overall response to Season 2 as compared to Season 1? Arrow Season 1 was the surprise of the year for me last year. I found myself enjoying it far more than I thought I would. Just a good, decent and consistent show with some great action sequences that's reliably entertaining as well as being fascinating at points. You just know when you load up an episode you're going to be entertained. I have Season 2 ready and waiting to be binge-watched in a marathon session over the next week (intentional; I love marathon running shows as opposed to waiting for a new one every week) but I'd love to read what the general GAF consensus and reaction was here. I've followed this thread on and off and it seems to be overwhelmingly positive.

Is Season 2 of Arrow superior to the first? Worth watching?

Magwik

Banned
So what's the overall response to Season 2 as compared to Season 1? Arrow Season 1 was the surprise of the year for me last year. I found myself enjoying it far more than I thought I would. Just a good, decent and consistent show with some great action sequences that's reliably entertaining as well as being fascinating at points. You just know when you load up an episode you're going to be entertained. I have Season 2 ready and waiting to be binge-watched in a marathon session over the next week (intentional; I love marathon running shows as opposed to waiting for a new one every week) but I'd love to read what the general GAF consensus and reaction was here. I've followed this thread on and off and it seems to be overwhelmingly positive.

It is at least 10x better.

Somnia

Season 2 is much better than season 1 for sure, at least in my and my friends opinions.

Season 2 > season 1. Even though I liked season 1 finale more than season 2 finale.

And Arrow season 2 > everything live action dc has done since TDK.

Tabby

It's like, 10x better than Season 1.
I think there's only a handful of people that were disappointed with. Season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom