• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario007

Decided to check out Arrow after finishing The Wire and having nothing to do.

Wow. Such an amazing show. I finished both seasons within a week, though I must say, it was pretty obvious at times that they wanted to make it as much of a Batman show as possible.

Switch Deathstroke with Bane, Miracuro with Titan and Arrow with Batman and you'd have a loose interpretation of the Knightfall storyarc.

Now I'm craving for more DC stuff to try. I was able to find the Flash pilot online (though I won't mention how or where) and while I didn't think it was as good as most Arrow episodes it was still very enjoyable and I look forward to the series.

It's too bad I've already watched all the DC animated movies too. At this point I'm heavily leaning towards rewatching all of Arrow all over again.
Watch the Constantine pilot!

How did I forget that by season 1 episode 3 Laurel kick somebody ass? In season 2 she looked pretty defenceless

S02E01 we saw some more of that (
she beat up one of the copycat hoods
) but I think by the time she had
bottomed out in her addiction and then come back
her character seemed vulnerable and her beating up people didn't really fit anymore.

Edit: Rewatching S01E01 now, I forgot about the Russian maid character--she disappeared after the pilot. And they recast Sarah--she's not even a blond in the pilot.

Is Sarah or Laurel supposed to be Black Canary? I assumed with Sarah's outfit and her alter-ego's name she was Black Canary, but then I looked up the character online and Black Canary's first name is Dinah, same as Laurel's real first name. So is Laurel's name just a red herring or something? Or is/was the ultimate plan to make her into Black Canary and Sarah was the writers deciding not to go down the route/push it off a bit?

Manu

Is Sarah or Laurel supposed to be Black Canary? I assumed with Sarah's outfit and her alter-ego's name she was Black Canary, but then I looked up the character online and Black Canary's first name is Dinah, same as Laurel's real first name. So is Laurel's name just a red herring or something? Or is/was the ultimate plan to make her into Black Canary and Sarah was the writers deciding not to go down the route/push it off a bit?

I think it's what we're all wondering.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
This show has shown a history of characters having precursors or progenitors. Yao Fei, Billy Wintergreen,
Seth Gabel's Count... or maybe it's the other way around?
... Sara is just one of them. So yeah, Sarah is Black Canary, but that doesn't rule out that Laurel doesn't become Black Canary as well. Will she eventually? No one knows yet.

Well with Sarah giving Laurel the jacket in the S2 finale, it seemed to indicate she was passing the torch in a way, but then we see that
Sarah comes back as Black Canary in the S3 premiere
. So who knows. My own half-assed theory is that
Laurel spends the whole season not wanting to be the Canary, then something happens to Sarah that causes her to change her mind
, what with the whole theme of season 3 being "Identity" according to the writers.

Been watching Seasons 1 and 2 with my mom after I got into the show, quite funny watching her react to everything. I know she's gonna lose her shit when you know who dies.

DieH@rd

Banned
Been watching Seasons 1 and 2 with my mom after I got into the show, quite funny watching her react to everything. I know she's gonna lose her shit when you know who dies.

Yeah.
Yao Fei'
s death hit me pretty hard.
3AQmK.gif

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs

You don't kill
the MILF
and expect to not take an "arrow" in the eye.

Magwik

Banned
I'm hoping for a Huntress/Canary/Thea threeway tbh.

Oliver Queen is left to die alone and forgotten by the city he loved.

Diggle and Felicity have babies forever.

lil-wayne-money.gif

The one true threeway is Amell/Manu/Barrowman
I'd settle for Manu/Barrowman though
I'd just settle for Barrowman

Pein

Banned
Fuck this show, its sent me in to dc madness. I've bought comics, rewatched young justice and been playing injustice.

Goddamn, I wish it was 2016 and the cinematic universe movies were rolling out.

Atruvius

They aired the season 2 finale yesterday in my country and I have now read every page of this glorious thread. Can't wait for season 3.

Last autumn when the show started airing here I so thought I would hate it and stop watching after a few episodes but I really got hooked in. I'll probably have to checkout a few Green Arrow comics if they're any good since it'll take a while for the third season to air here.

Mario007

They aired the season 2 finale yesterday in my country and I have now read every page of this glorious thread. Can't wait for season 3.

Last autumn when the show started airing here I so thought I would hate it and stop watching after a few episodes but I really got hooked in. I'll probably have to checkout a few Green Arrow comics if they're any good since it'll take a while for the third season to air here.

Check out Quiver by Kevin Smith and the Green Arrow: Year One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom