• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Despite all of the complaints, is this not the best DC tv show of all time?

More than that, it's the best superhero tv show of all time, easily.

Anyway, such a great ep and I loved how Chesthair killed one assassin with his spare gun :D

Also, they need to do more hand to hand fighting. The one in mansion was awesome. Actually I think the coolest fights so far have been those where Ammell was doing his stunts. Both this and the one with the hit man in previous episode. And Slade vs Billy. It's like they're doing less cuts on those to make sure you can see the faces.

Despite all of the complaints, is this not the best DC tv show of all time?

Live action? Without a doubt. But overall TV? Hell no.

UrWVXit.gif

Shadow780

The last two episode reveals could've easily dragged out for a full season in other CW shows that makes this show amazing. Dat BC cleavage oof oof.

My heart's still with Felicity tho!

Wiktor

The last two episode reveals could've easily dragged out for a full season in other CW shows that makes this show amazing.

Nah. That's a bit unfair. CW has plenty of shows with insane pacing. Vampire Diaries (it slowed down a bit today, but it's in S5, so it's understandable) and now The Originals. Nikita is like this too.

VeeP

The last two episode reveals could've easily dragged out for a full season in other CW shows that makes this show amazing. Dat BC cleavage oof oof.

My heart's still with Felicity tho!

What CW shows do you watch? VD & The Originals have an insane pace.

Shadow780

Oh sorry I was talking about old CW before they changed the name and stuff, Veronica Mars was really the only stand out before that went to shit too.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Great episode. I'm loving Officer Chesthair this season. Don't mind that BC is gone for a bit - it's probably for the best. She'll be around for flashbacks.

Oliver is perfectly willing to break his no kill policy, which is good.

And Laurel. She tells Ollie that they can only be friends. Then she she comes on to him when he walks him to her door. Make up your mind Laurel.

Diggle centric episode next week? Awesome.

Quentin hit me square in the fucking heart today, man. I love that they're writing this great stuff for him and Paul Blackthorne continues to hit it out of the park. Seriously. And I didn't see Sara revealing herself that fast. Love that the writers don't drag it out. They keep the pace up fast, but keep it emotional. It feels a lot more real, not like the manufactured drama in Smallville.

I really thought Al Owal was gonna survive longer. The beginning felt like they were setting him up to be the main baddie for the first half before R'as makes his appearance, so I was shocked when Sara just straight up killed him. Thought Abu Nazir played the role pretty well.

Loved Lance just pulling out a snubnose and taking a League member out with it. Fucking funny.

I'm really curious as to what Moira is hiding from Ollie and Thea.

Wonder what happened to Slade/Shado/Roy/Sin this week. But man, the episode moved so fast there was no need to shoehorn them in. I like that. Characters come in and out organically. It's not manufactured just to give the actors screen time.

Laurel continues to suck. Seriously. I feel legit bad for Katie Cassidy, cause she really sold that "Everyone is leaving me" moment, except the scenes before and after made it retarded.

I feel sad that Sara's leaving. Best BC is best.

We're all in agreement, right? Lance knows that Ollie is The Arrow. I MEAN, COME ON! IT'S SO OBVIOUS.

I love that.

Also! "Be mindful of your surroundings." So Nolan. I love it.

Alright, so interesting stuff re: The Flashbacks:

So, that's the mysterious Doctor Ivo. Dude is serious bad news. I get those vibes. Sara kicking Ollie in the flashback was brutal. I wonder what they did to get her from the scared girl in the cage to the torturer.

So in this episode, Laurel is prosecuting Moria, coming on to Ollie, flipping out on him when he rejects her advances, and pops some more pills?

And the good sister has to leave?

Arrow writers are trolling the fuck out of us.

The Windows 8 touch screen made a comeback. Yeah, bitch!

I cheered.

great ep outside of some patented Arrow clunkiness. Black Canary's gone, though she'll be in the flashbacks for a while it looks like. And I agree, a lot of the fight scenes are hurt pretty badly by the quick confusing editing. One thing that Black Canary has shown is how lame in comparison Oliver's melee fighting is. She looks badass and sells it 100% and Ollie mostly just spins around and punches people with his bow. He just looks kinda lame next to her. And like Amell, Lotz was doing a bunch of her own stunts this ep.

and did Diggle in that preview say
"she was my wife"? So that white agent girl's his ex-wife? or is Waller?

BTW, I updated my Katie Cassidy talks with the Arrow Writers piece. I'll keep updating it as long as the writers show utter contempt for her.

While BC's choreography (and Lotz) is insanely cool, I think Amell/Ollie are still impressing the hell out of me. This show's choreography is nuts.

-some new scripts come in-

Arrow Writers: OK, it's time for Laurel 5.0.

Katie: I thought we were doing Laurel 2.0...?

Arrow Writers: No one's perfect. We screwed up a bit. But it's a new day. These are new scripts. This is a new Laurel. We finally found the perfect storyline for her.

Katie: Oh boy...

Arrow Writers: So while Laurel's sister is going around town as a badass vigilante helping the hero fight bad guys, getting character development, being in flashbacks, Laurel becomes a pill popping drunk.

Katie: ...

Arrow Writers: She actually gets pulled over for drunk driving, she pulls the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" card, and the cop lets her go because her dad's a cop. Oh, and she goes on a date with the guy who wants to put Oliver's mother on death row.

Katie: ............................

Arrow Writers: Oh! One great upcoming story we forgot. Laurel joins the prosecuting team that's working to put Moira to death.

Katie: FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

8p10n.gif

Some spoiler speculation will follow, but it's nothing that we don't know through the episodes so far and just blind speculation.

Am I the only one that's just waiting for them to unveil that Summer Glau is really Talia al Ghul? I know she's a comic character in Isabel Rochev, but it's not like this show doesn't really change things and could just be using that character as a cover. Maybe The Dark Knight Rises just makes me expect this, but I can easily see it happening.

I will lose my fucking mind if that happens.

Not in a good way. There is no way they can pull that twist off and have it feel fresh.

Snake

Good episode. The pacing of Black Canary's storyline continues to impress. The sheer depth of how low Laurel can sink is equally impressive.

- All my Black Canary makeup criticisms were completely overridden this episode. Caity looked great throughout, maybe even edging out Felicity to a slight degree.

- I guess Navid Negahban wasn't Ra's after all. Unless they pull a classic al Ghul switcheroo/
resurrection
. This is one of those times I'm especially happy that I don't follow spoiler/leak communities.

- Officer Lance is a real bro this season. Though every time he's on screen I'm hoping they'll drop the Ollie=Arrow bomb so we can get past it and embrace the good or bad vibes to follow.

- Boat story is decent but I was expecting a bit more from it in this episode. I'm very curious about where they're going with "Dr. Ivo," so there's that at least. It's the kind of moment where, if this was Smallville, I'd know it's leading to nowhere whatsoever, but ARROW has earned my faith.

So glad we're getting more Diggle next week.

That Blood Rush minisode was so close to my Felicity/Roy fic that my jaw literally dropped.

lol, it's true. It's all too true.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Some spoiler speculation will follow, but it's nothing that we don't know through the episodes so far and just blind speculation.

Am I the only one that's just waiting for them to unveil that Summer Glau is really Talia al Ghul? I know she's a comic character in Isabel Rochev, but it's not like this show doesn't really change things and could just be using that character as a cover. Maybe The Dark Knight Rises just makes me expect this, but I can easily see it happening.

0FXuDsf.gif

Seriously, I can so see the writers doing this.

Wiktor

I will lose my fucking mind if that happens.

Not in a good way. There is no way they can pull that twist off and have it feel fresh.
I doubt it.

THey said Ra's child is expecting her return. So Talia needs to be a kid and most of all can't be in Starling City.

Henri Ducard was a real comic character, but that didn't stop them from using it as a fake name for Ras in Batman Begins.

DominoKid

that's exactly what's going to happen.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Great episode as usual, though like others have noted some of those fights were clunky with the quick cuts. Also agreed on the fist fights being the best, for me the best fight by far was the one with the assassin hunting Laurel in the Queen mansion--everything about that was awesome and hope they have more of those (the one with Al awal/Ollie/Sarah in the Queen mansion was basically just as good).

Also still don't understand the Laurel hate. I think it's logical for her character and Katie Cassidy is doing a great job selling the emotional distress. Chick lost her boyfriend (multiple times if you include Ollie), her sister, her mother, her father (temporarily to alcoholism), and just doesn't know what to do. Yeah, she's in limbo but that's fine, curious to see where the writers take her. And after watching Katie as Ruby in supernatural and seeing her in that dark leather in that one movie poster; I really don't mind her becoming Black Canary at some point if they go that route--as long as it makes sense, writers have done a stellar job with character growth thus far, I got faith.

Also still don't understand the Laurel hate. I think it's logical for her character and Katie Cassidy is doing a great job selling the emotional distress. Chick lost her boyfriend (multiple times if you include Ollie), her sister, her mother, her father (temporarily to alcoholism), and just doesn't know what to do. Yeah, she's in limbo but that's fine, curious to see where the writers take her. And after watching Katie as Ruby in supernatural and seeing her in that dark leather in that one movie poster; I really don't mind her becoming Black Canary at some point if they go that route--as long as it makes sense, writers have done a stellar job with character growth thus far, I got faith.
Yeah, I feel like her being "lost" is completely in line with what has happened to her.

I already feel like she's on the road to something better for her.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Is this show supposed to be in the same continuity with the Nolan Batman? Or is that being ignored post-Man of Steel.

It's probably pretty easy to rationalise killing an assassin.

Nolan continuity is done. Man of Steel is a complete refresh for DC live-action, but still no idea as to whether or not this show is in that same universe.

Wiktor

Why would Talia have to be a kid? Talia could be in her 20s or 30s while Ra's is in his 50s/60s.

I feel they wouldn't use term kid then. Altough...I guess she needs to be at least legal age, because I think we all know Olie will tap that :D

That said I doubt Ras will be in his 50/60s. This is CW show. He needs to sexy as hell. Early 50s is top imo :)

Why are we spoilering revelations that have already aired?
I thought it would be a good idea to spoiler my original speculation and everyone has followed suit that responded to mine and beyond. Though I guess at this point I didn't even need a spoiler tag in mine, but didn't wanna ruin a twist for someone if it turns out to happen.

IT'S REISH AL GHUL!!!!!

I could be wrong as I haven't watched yet, but I'm pretty sure I read that the creator of Ra's in the new Necessary Evil documentary pronounces it like the Nolan films and Arrow does. I would be incline to go with that being the true way if that is true.

I have it to watch, so I will report back once I get to it soon.

if they're digging out obscure heroes they should make Azrael tv series. With the whole Templar order dynamics it would feel very different from Arrow, while at the same time targetting similiar tone.

and since the founder of the order that makes the Azraels had an adventure with a young Ra's Al Ghul it would be perfect.

A gun AND a gas mask....genious

the gun is a "dream Gas" gun. it doesn't shoot bullets.

tumblr_lzb9uyfa4o1qj4vs2o1_500.gif

As cool as it'd be, it'd never happen:

1) WB sucks.

2) WB really sucks.

3) I prefer Arrow to remain as grounded and far away from Man of Steel superheroics as possible. But that's just me.

Ironic you post that GIF because that's actually Superman dressed as Batman.
this is why no woman will look at you. women want power boy! they want to be flown, not taken in a zipline. get off your no power non-sense already, it's going to happen and it's going to be good.

I doubt it.
THey said Ra's child is expecting her return. So Talia needs to be a kid and most of all can't be in Starling City.

doesn't have to be a kid and i'm sure the assassin meant returned to her.

and for those that don't know professor Ivo in DC comics is a scientist that created the cyborg Amazo (also the name of the ship where Sarah and Ollie are being held hostage) he is also extremely afraid of death (hence his research into cybernetics) and he also created a formula that granted him immortality but with horrible side effects.

karasu

Fantastic episode. I was really impressed by the dialogue tonight. I can't believe this is the CW.

-some new scripts come in-

Arrow Writers: OK, it's time for Laurel 5.0.

Katie: I thought we were doing Laurel 2.0...?

Arrow Writers: No one's perfect. We screwed up a bit. But it's a new day. These are new scripts. This is a new Laurel. We finally found the perfect storyline for her.

Katie: Oh boy...

Arrow Writers: So while Laurel's sister is going around town as a badass vigilante helping the hero fight bad guys, getting character development, being in flashbacks, Laurel becomes a pill popping drunk.

Katie: ...

Arrow Writers: She actually gets pulled over for drunk driving, she pulls the "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" card, and the cop lets her go because her dad's a cop. Oh, and she goes on a date with the guy who wants to put Oliver's mother on death row.

Katie: ............................

Arrow Writers: Oh! One great upcoming story we forgot. Laurel joins the prosecuting team that's working to put Moira to death.

Katie: FUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

8p10n.gif

hahahaha so true. Her character has been murked. I really hope they don't try a BC switch in an attempt to salvage that wreck.

Cade

As far as the child of Ra's Al Ghul thing, I was kind of hoping for this guy. I know Ra's has to have more than three kids, and they could easily go with a new one, but this is a relatively unknown/unused character who could be cool on screen.

wildfire

Banned
Damn this episode has me worried for Shadoo. Felicity will remain my one true crush but usually someone saying I remember that guy wearing this usually means they are dead.

do you think they'd throw Stephen Amell into a justice league film?

it's not like Green Arrow would be a major character in the film. Just support. So it wouldn't really harm them not to go with a big movie star for the dude.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they did something bold and replaced Batman with Arrow and his team.

But since Afflek was hired that won't happen.

So in this episode, Laurel is prosecuting Moria, coming on to Ollie, flipping out on him when he rejects her advances, and pops some more pills?

And the good sister has to leave?

When she asked why do people hate me my first thought was.

"well the writing sucks"

2nd thought was

"Well you are too self centered to realize making an advance considering the things you said about how the 2 of you just can't work before you even joined the prosecution should've been in the back of your mind."

Joni

Oh sorry I was talking about old CW before they changed the name and stuff, Veronica Mars was really the only stand out before that went to shit too.
Old CW was like the big 4 are now. Superhero/Supernatural CW is crazy fast. I'm kinda hoping for a 'you make 4' moment from Felicity welcoming Sara to the team later in the season.

ZenaxPure

Shit, the chest hair was real last night you guys. It was seriously the first thing I noticed in every scene he was in. I wonder if he grew a beard would it and the chest hair get into duels.

Oh also yeah the episode itself was awesome. Wasn't expecting Sara to reveal herself so soon, totally thought they would drag that shit out like every other show would. I really wonder if the pace will slow down at some point in the season. We need to see some more island stuff, though, I want to know what happened to Slade.

bryanee

I

I could be wrong as I haven't watched yet, but I'm pretty sure I read that the creator of Ra's in the new Necessary Evil documentary pronounces it like the Nolan films and Arrow does. I would be incline to go with that being the true way if that is true.

I have it to watch, so I will report back once I get to it soon.

Nah Dennis O Neil has always said Reish. But I have read its pronounced Ra'z in Arabic but I could be wrong.

I'll always say Reish though thanks the DCAU.

Clevinger

ratings are in

Arrow jumped back up to a 1.0, beating this week's Supernatural and Originals (both 0.9's I believe). Tomorrow People wasn't so lucky. It was a 0.6.

I feel they wouldn't use term kid then. Altough...I guess she needs to be at least legal age, because I think we all know Olie will tap that :D

That said I doubt Ras will be in his 50/60s. This is CW show. He needs to sexy as hell. Early 50s is top imo :)

Of course he'll tap that.

He can't help himself.

If they go that way, I hope they hired a better actress than this award-winning one:

igjFrQZLJYtVI.gif

Loooooooool

the gun is a "dream Gas" gun. it doesn't shoot bullets.

Ironic you post that GIF because that's actually Superman dressed as Batman.
this is why no woman will look at you. women want power boy! they want to be flown, not taken in a zipline. get off your no power non-sense already, it's going to happen and it's going to be good.

Never. I'll never let you win.

When she asked why do people hate me my first thought was.

"well the writing sucks"

2nd thought was

"Well you are too self centered to realize making an advance considering the things you said about how the 2 of you just can't work before you even joined the prosecution should've been in the back of your mind."

So true. Reasons like this are why Laurel is terrible

ratings are in

Arrow jumped back up to a 1.0, beating this week's Supernatural and Originals (both 0.9's I believe). Tomorrow People wasn't so lucky. It was a 0.6.

Yay

So no more BC :'( ......

canary1655ed1.gif

canary143mlnc.gif

ef152a20_YesJackNicholson.gif

She's gonna be back. Count on it

Wiktor

I love the designs of League of assasins' costumes in Arrow. So much better than the ridiculous get ups they've shown with in Gotham

Batman-Begins-League-of-Shadows_thumb.jpg

Also..this was so awesome
canary7a3y34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom