• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARROW Season 2 |OT| Back in a Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

Also..this was so awesome
canary7a3y34.gif

loved that part

Subitai

I actually started watching TP. Sorry guys, it was all my fault for jinxing it. =(

Anyway, lets get Arrow to a 2 by the end of the season everyone!

Joni

Arrow jumped back up to a 1.0, beating this week's Supernatural and Originals (both 0.9's I believe). Tomorrow People wasn't so lucky. It was a 0.6.
The Tomorrow People should be safe for now. The CW has canned two fall shows each year the last two years, and both The Carrie Diaries and Beauty and the Beast should be in a lot more trouble. If it keeps up at 0.6, it might survive. I also like how Robbie Amell seemingly did a Kamehameha this week.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Honestly is, hell I didn't even know who the Green Arrow was before watching this show, now he's definitely one of my favs. They also managed to make his background way more interesting than Batman IMO, and friends have told me the comic character is ass compared to the show version. Props to the writers.

Tomorrow People is pretty cool, but it's a little corny. Hope it survives a couple seasons, the story has been pretty interesting thus far, and the pacing has been very Arrow-esque :).

ReiGun

Arrow is definitely the live superhero show to best. Yeah, it had its problems, but it really does succeed more than it fails and is consistently entertaining.

Tabby

Definitely one of my favourites on TV.
What I like most about the show is how fast paced it is, most shows would drag things out for seasons but on Arrow it's covered in 2 episodes.
Great action, great acting.

It's amazing that the creators of the Green Lantern movie managed to create one of the best live action comic book t.v. show.

Ok so finally caught up again.

Is it me or is Laurel getting thinner each episode? I thought her chin looked particularly pointy at the beginning of the ep, and as Ollie was walking her to her door I couldn't look away from her legs, I honestly thought they were going to snap they were so thin. She was much prettier last season. I'm not totally on the Laurel hate train though, she's still not as bad as she was at the start of the season.

Also shocked but happy Sara showed up to her Dad as herself rather than BC, was not expecting that so quickly. Wonder how long it'll be till Laurel finds out. I'm guessing she'll be away for at least a few episodes if not more, and Laurel will find out when she returns.

Chuckled at the Windows 8 touch screen.

Dr Ivo at last, can't wait to see where they take that. I am wondering about Slade and Shado though, hope it isn't too long before we find out what happened to them.

Oh and thanks for the link to the Blood Rush ep, that was so funny, exactly like the fanfic! I'm now convinced at least one of the writers comes in here.

Wag

Dr Ivo at last, can't wait to see where they take that..

Professor Ivo in the DCU is insane so they could go many places. His character in many iterations is terrified of death and seeks to prolong his own life (had something to do with him building the android Amazo), so the experiments going on in the ship could have something to do with that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So in the scene where Sarah was topless I wasn't the only one that was keeping my eye on Felicity just to see if she was going to take a peek, right?

Looks like my CW turning into the DC Comics network wasn't too far off the other day. Another DC Comics property in the works on the network now too.

The dead are walking on over to The CW.

The network is developing a drama series based on DC Comics’ iZombie property, and Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas is on board to produce, Deadline reports.

Billed as a supernatural crime procedural, the project centers on a med student-turned-zombie who takes a job at the coroner’s office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity. But with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse’s memories, and with the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.

http://tvline.com/2013/11/07/izombie-tv-show-the-cw-rob-thomas/

I've never heard of this, but it's intriguing at least.

Nah Dennis O Neil has always said Reish. But I have read its pronounced Ra'z in Arabic but I could be wrong.

I'll always say Reish though thanks the DCAU.

The power of Nolan. Even makes the original creator change his mind.

Looks like my CW turning into the DC Comics network wasn't too far off the other day. Another DC Comics property in the works on the network now too.

I've never heard of this, but it's intriguing at least.

damn who ever is running the dc side of television is killing it lately with all these interesting show I might watch.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe how damn awesome this show is. Best pacing ever done in recent memory <3

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
I can't get past Caity Lotz hole on her chin. It's a chasm kinda like a "quiver" that Ollie may in the future insert his knocked "arrow" into.

Stay tuned for the rest...I'm on to something. This stuff pretty much writes its self.

Lotz look horrible in the beginning of this episode.
the scene with her in the doorway after waking up and the the scene floating on the wood.
I'm sure she was supposed to look bad in 1 of those, but surely not both.

And if Officer "Chest Hair" can make the connection that Sarah has been back for weeks and that she is the Canary because she knows the Arrow, then he obviously must know that Oliver is The Arrow, otherwise I don't see how Felicity can come and talk to him about stuff and Diggle can be present and the dots are not connected back to Oliver being The Arrow. It's his secretary and his driver/bodyguard.

Also Oliver comes back from the dead 5 years later and The Hood is all of a sudden a thing.
now Black Canary appears out of nowhere to fight along side The Arrow, and miraculously Sarah is alive and well all of a sudden.
They both supposedly dies on a boat 5 years ago, but here they are... and there are 2 "super"heroes protecting the city all of a sudden. hmmm
Felicity comes to warn you about a League of Assassins, and then your dead Daughter appears to protect you from them... and in the middle of that battle The Arrow shows up to help...
There aren't too many dots to connect inbetween the two, so I will just assume he hasn't called Ollie out yet to maintain the charade that the face paint and voice changer somehow mask the fact that we can see 80% of his face.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
the scene with her in the doorway after waking up and the the scene floating on the wood.

And if Officer "Chest Hair" can make the connection that Sarah has been back for week and that she is the Canary because she knows the Arrow, then he obviously must know that Oliver is The Arrow, otherwise I don't see how Felicity can come and talk to him about stuff and and Diggle can be present and the dots are not connected back to Oliver.

Also Oliver comes back from the dead 5 years later and The Hood is all of a sudden a thing.
now Black Canary appears out of no where to fight along side The Arrow, and miraculously Sarah is alive and well all of a sudden.
There aren't too many dots to connect inbetween the two, so I will just assume he hasn't called Ollie out yet to maintain the charade that the face paint and voice changer somehow mask the fact that we can see 80% of his face.

Yeah I feel like he's known for awhile he just hasn't blurted it out because he probably understands it's best that he doesn't and keeps up the act.

Khezu

Ya, it's easily the best super hero TV show.

Not only that, but I like it more then 95% of live action super hero movies as well.

wildfire

Banned
Why was Ollie dating Laurel again? Sara is hotter, sexier and more fun.

Laurel was also more age appropriate. Ollie new Sarah for a long time as Laurel's kid sister.

It took him awhile to get over that hump.

Billed as a supernatural crime procedural, the project centers on a med student-turned-zombie who takes a job at the coroner&#8217;s office to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat to maintain her humanity. But with each brain she consumes, she inherits the corpse&#8217;s memories, and with the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head.

That is a seriously fucked up premise. It will be hard to live up to the premise on primetime regular tv. It should be punted to FX channel.

And if Officer "Chest Hair" can make the connection that Sarah has been back for weeks and that she is the Canary because she knows the Arrow, then he obviously must know that Oliver is The Arrow, otherwise I don't see how Felicity can come and talk to him about stuff and Diggle can be present and the dots are not connected back to Oliver being The Arrow. It's his secretary and his driver/bodyguard.

now Black Canary appears out of nowhere to fight along side The Arrow, and miraculously Sarah is alive and well all of a sudden.
They both supposedly dies on a boat 5 years ago, but here they are... and there are 2 "super"heroes protecting the city all of a sudden. hmmm
Felicity comes to warn you about a League of Assassins, and then your dead Daughter appears to protect you from them... and in the middle of that battle The Arrow shows up to help...

Plausible deniability.

ReiGun

Lance figured out Ollie was Arrow last season. He just couldn't prove it and had to drop the issue. Now he's likely keeping it secret because he knows it's for the best.

He really needs to just tell him that he knows who he is, and then hand him a mask to use so that everyone else he runs into and doesn't kill won't also figure it out just by looking at him.

But I guess it could just be a running inside joke for our own amusement.

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Lance figured out Ollie was Arrow last season. He just couldn't prove it and had to drop the issue. Now he's likely keeping it secret because he knows it's for the best.

I forgot about that. Yeah it's be raising red flags that everyone involved with Oliver's life are having all sorta of trouble. Lance acknowledging it would add a new dynamic to the team. And he was even there in the clock tower with his eye make up no mask! Inches from each other.

He really needs to just tell him that he knows who he is, and then hand him a mask to use so that everyone else he runs into and doesn't kill won't also figure it out just by looking at him.

That could potentially be the greatest comedic moment ever.

Malmorian

What a great episode, really impressed with the action sequences and dat Canary. I think they've really struck gold with this show..it tends to show it's CWness at times, but so does Supernatural and i'm just as addicted to that show.

Goddamn, the last few episodes have been killing it. Somehow Arrow has managed to be the show on Network television I'm looking forward to the most every week. I even bought the first season on BR and I never do that unless it's for cheap.

Kevin

I agree with most of everything everyone else is saying. Arrow is one of my favorite current airing tv shows and this season has been so good so far.

GuessWho

so i'm guessing there are no superpowers in this show? seeing as how BC is just a sound pulse from some gadget. How are they going to do Flash?

I'm 99% sure Lance knows about Oliver, not just because he would be the worst cop ever if he didn't work it out, but because he reached out to Oliver to help Laurel in Crucible. For me that was the moment he moved on from what had happened with the Queen's Gambit and recognised Oliver as someone different.

Also note that in the last episode, in the Clock Tower, when he was trying to convince her to stay and tell Laurel and her mother she was alive, he turned to Oliver (dressed as Arrow of course) and asked him to back him up. Now why would he do that if he didn't realise the personal connection between them both? I doubt he would assume they have a bond just because they fight crime, let alone have any real sway over her.

It wouldn't surprise me if the mid-season twist is that he reveals he knows.

I'm 99% sure Lance knows about Oliver, not just because he would be the worst cop ever if he didn't work it out, but because he reached out to Oliver to help Laurel in Crucible. For me that was the moment he moved on from what had happened with the Queen's Gambit and recognised Oliver as someone different.

Also note that in the last episode, in the Clock Tower, when he was trying to convince her to stay and tell Laurel and her mother she was alive, he turned to Oliver (dressed as Arrow of course) and asked him to back him up. Now why would he do that if he didn't realise the personal connection between them both? I doubt he would assume they have a bond just because they fight crime, let alone have any real sway over her.

It wouldn't surprise me if the mid-season twist is that he reveals he knows.

I agree.

Quentin knows. He chooses not to act on the knowledge because he needs plausible deniability to protect Oliver, Laurel, and himself. But he knows. Because the Oliver Queen that came back is not the Oliver Queen that left, and he's okay with that. Starling needs Oliver Queen, and Quentin will protect Starling however he can.

Laurel was also more age appropriate. Ollie new Sarah for a long time as Laurel's kid sister.

It took him awhile to get over that hump.

That is a seriously fucked up premise. It will be hard to live up to the premise on primetime regular tv. It should be punted to FX channel.

This would be a great show for FX... but you know, I think CW can pull it off. They don't have the same obligations in a way that other big networks do, so they can get away with a ton of unusual stuff.

NaviLink

As much as I like the show, they really got to improve the camera work and editing on action scenes. The one in the mansion was pretty good, but the one in the warehouse felt pretty weak despite good ideas (having both Ollie's fight and Sara's fight moving at the same time in the same direction, on the same frame). Most of action scenes feel pretty weak. I still remember the ones with Michael Jai White, such a shame.

Chuckie

Katie Cassidy's face looks just as weird. Like a wax doll that somebody stretched in photoshop while checking the "constrain proportions" box off

He was talking about Katie Cassidy if I read it correctly

'Why is Ollie dating Laurel? '
'Because of Laurel's sister (Katie Cassidy's) face'

You can tell just by listening to his voice. It isn't that different from his normal one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom